Sarah's OMAD Journal

Replies

• minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Well, my weight went down slightly even after eating and drinking so much last night. My high weigh in yesterday was clearly a water retention issue or something, so I guess I dropped a bit of that water, but am still higher than Friday. The body works in mysterious ways. :/

I bought a George Foreman electric spiralizer yesterday (I had a manual one but never used it because it was such a pain in the *kitten* to use and clean - all the part of this one can go in the dishwasher and it's fast and easy!) so tonight I'm going to make some zucchini noodles. I will try to remember to take pictures of meal...

t0w0j63d7j1d.png
  • minigrrll
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    minigrrll wrote: »
    Sounds like you had a blast! My gosh, I can totally picture hanging out with you for a gals night or even a couples night!

I think you were smart to forgo having the margaritas, I can't imagine the effect on me especially I had so much wine first! Lolol

I was right about my damage from yesterday, my 9:00 am weigh in was 177.2. Lol

We will totally hang out one day!! Not sure when my next conference in Orlando is, but it's got to be in the next year or so (I know that's not super close to you, but we love a good road trip).

You ARE the weight predicting Oracle!!

Squeeeee! You know, if we ever did meet, I'd have met two women from Australia, in real life, that I met online. How freaking cool would that be? If you were short on time, I'd be willing to drive there or we could find a halfway point or something. Of course, if you didn't mind an old home in a blue collar neighborhood that's always in a state of home improvement, you'd have free lodging. :)

Lol, I'm dying over the oracle!

You might be disappointed in me then - I have a boring Canadian accent... Darcy on the other hand is a 100% Ozzie true blue bloke, so he might make up for my shortcomings in that department... :D

We don't even have a bathroom upstairs right now... I am ashamed to even mention how long that bathroom has been "getting renovated"... :'( We won't even talk about the missing sink in the bathroom downstairs. We are not good at finishing jobs - there is always something more fun we can find to do...
  • minigrrll
    edited August 2017
    So I admit I'm a total nerd and also use Happy Scale to track my weight. I was just looking at the chart it produces and because it calculates the moving average differently to Trendweight, it shows a very different trend line. It actually shows me as pretty much stalled for about 3 weeks in June. What I find super interesting is that the resumption in a downwards trend correlates almost exactly with when I started to fast "clean" and removed milk from my coffee, stopped drinking diet soft drinks and stopped chewing sugarless gum... I'm not sure if that's the cause of the trend or it's just a coincidence, but it's interesting nonetheless...

5cdm4c2nxkjz.png
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Sounds like you had a blast! My gosh, I can totally picture hanging out with you for a gals night or even a couples night!

I think you were smart to forgo having the margaritas, I can't imagine the effect on me especially I had so much wine first! Lolol

We will totally hang out one day!! Not sure when my next conference in Orlando is, but it's got to be in the next year or so (I know that's not super close to you, but we love a good road trip).

Squeeeee! You know, if we ever did meet, I'd have met two women from Australia, in real life, that I met online. How freaking cool would that be? If you were short on time, I'd be willing to drive there or we could find a halfway point or something. Of course, if you didn't mind an old home in a blue collar neighborhood that's always in a state of home improvement, you'd have free lodging. :)

You might be disappointed in me then - I have a boring Canadian accent... Darcy on the other hand is a 100% Ozzie true blue bloke, so he might make up for my shortcomings in that department... :D

We don't even have a bathroom upstairs right now... I am ashamed to even mention how long that bathroom has been "getting renovated"... :'( We won't even talk about the missing sink in the bathroom downstairs. We are not good at finishing jobs - there is always something more fun we can find to do...

Perfect! That's us, too! Lots of things started, but not finished because, you know... a lot of fun things and life stuff to do over 20 years in the same house. :-)

I'd love your Canadian accent! We could go "oot" and have a great time, eh? Make sure we apologize to people who bump into us and everything! Haha
  • minigrrll

Perfect! That's us, too! Lots of things started, but not finished because, you know... a lot of fun things and life stuff to do over 20 years in the same house. :-)

I'd love your Canadian accent! We could go "oot" and have a great time, eh? Make sure we apologize to people who bump into us and everything! Haha

Yeah, hilarious!!! Not!!! :D
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    I've wondered what happened in July because your chart showed a clear change in rate of descent.
    If you made a number of changes I don't think it's a coincidence. I do believe fasting clean works better.
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member

Yeah, hilarious!!! Not!!! :D

Lmao!!!

BTW, I agree with Jim that clean fasting does make a difference. I honestly could never go back to any other way, myself. :)
  • minigrrll
    Yeah, I sometimes have a Pepsi Max in my eating window now, but not often (tbh, I prefer a glass or two of wine!), and considering how much of the stuff I used to swill down over the course of a day, it's pretty amazing to me that I rarely touch it now. I actually used to have a secret stash of Pepsi Max that I kept in my office, because I'd get super annoyed if the rest of the family finished it off and I didn't have any. Addicted much?!
  • minigrrll
    So I hit a new low today (just...) and even Trendweight says I'm in the 170s finally. Hopefully this time it sticks!

qa50miy3d4a1.png
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    edited August 2017
    The Rioja... if you had Ribera del duero less hangover LOLOL!!!! you ladies are terrible party girls!!! I am gonna have to catch up all this...

Wow another drop Sarah... well done!
  • minigrrll
    barbheart wrote: »
    The Rioja... if you had Ribera del duero less hangover LOLOL!!!! you ladies are terrible party girls!!! I am gonna have to catch up all this...

Wow another drop Sarah... well done!

Thanks Barb!

I can't find that Ribera del Duero here - I did look the other day and they didn't have it. I will keep searching though... :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member

Agreed! I think it'd be a blast to all hang out together! Too bad y'all are halfway around the world! :p
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    No worries Sarah as they say over there... if you have a Rioja then you are all sorted!!!! Aussie wines are great too... I remember my times in FernTree Gully outskirts of Melbourne and Dandenongs going to Aldi to get some ...gosh I forgot the name...LOL! some wine!
  • minigrrll
    edited August 2017
    So I am having serious doubts about hitting my August goal of 174!!! Scale ticked up again today... I did have a rather large meal last night - sweet chili udon noodles with veggies (plus my usual peanut butter, apple and various other things as I cooked). So good. I am really loving the meal delivery service. I actually kind of enjoy cooking the meals because I don't have to do any thinking or planning or shopping whatsoever!! I just pull a bag of ingredients out of the fridge and start chopping...

Oh and Trendweight has pushed my goal back to February now, sigh... Weight loss definitely seems to be slowing, but as long as it keeps going down, it's all good...

h7dczffu1tep.png
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Trendweight, schmendweight. I have no idea what this trendweight is doing. It looks like a clothesline with all your good data hanging off it by threads. Always too high, going who knows where. I can't begin to guess what this algorithm is. Certainly nothing I've ever worked with and I make my money as a mathematician! I think you can safely ignore it.
  • minigrrll
    Hahaha! I'm a mathematician too! (At least, one of my degrees is a math degree, I do data/information analysis/coding now...)

I think Trendweight uses some form of exponentially smoothed moving average. The trend definitely lags a bit (obviously), but on the whole I think the algorithm is pretty good. It definitely keeps me sane when my weight bounces around - as long as the trendline is still headed down...

And actually I just realised I haven't updated it properly - it's using my weight from first thing this morning, rather than my "official" after I have coffee weight!! (Every ounce counts!!)

l9lzcr5u4dc0.png
  • mistymeadows2005
    Gorgeous trend darling...you're doing AWESOME!
  • minigrrll
    Gorgeous trend darling...you're doing AWESOME!

Thanks lovely!! :)
  • minigrrll
    My weight has been yo-yoing like crazy the last few weeks! Up again today...

For dinner last night we had Quesadillas made with a kidney bean, cheese and spinach mix, with a lemon Greek yogurt dressing and a salad for dinner. This meal kind of disappointed me as a meal service meal as it's something that is so easy and I always have all the ingredients and make regularly, but I guess it's pretty good that it's the first meal I've been annoyed about! I HAVE to get into the habit of taking pics of my food! I am always half way through eating before it even crosses my mind!

impodr2mhalh.png

• mistymeadows2005
    edited August 2017
    Lol it took me a while to get in the habit too! Practice makes perfect m'love! We just love da food too much *crying laughing face* (there was no proper emoji for that lol)