1151617181921»

Replies

• katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Barb, we say aurevoir and not adieu. See you soon I hope <3
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    barbheart wrote: »
    Barb, don't be discouraged. I was on Dr. Berg's site and he was giving a testimony of a lady he was working with who had a lot of weight to lose and the first month she didn't lose much weight but the second month she lost 23 pounds and kept losing after that. His reasoning was that the body was doing repair/healing first and then it could drop the weight.

Your body may be doing some internal things and once done, the weight will come off. His philosophy is get healthy to lose weight not lose weight to get healthy. Your body may be in the process of getting healthy so that it can shed the pounds.

Stay the course, and I am sure you will see big results.

Yes I know the theory Tracey and you might be right...need to keep going. What I really want to get clear is that you actually do loose the weight on one meal a day or not.

Even other groups there are people secretly eating less than a meal a day then they claim their success on OMAd which is not true... some do 72h fast then eat one omad and back 72h fast. But they claim their success on OMad. In my book that is OMAD minus 3 (3 skipped Omads)

I've never done the one plate rule and I counted cals the 1st couple of months on OMAD (20:4 for me) and I usually put down 1800-2400 cals a day. I exercised a lot also. I lost 50-lbs in about 6-months. I've always eaten tell full and then I graze in my window. So far it has worked and still works when I do the OMAD. If anything I way under-report what I eat. I've not done any extended fasts.
  • blambo61
    Thanks Jim... you´re right might need tweak things... I did loose inches since I started but not since 2 weeks time unless I am loosing somewhere where I havent measured thats a possibility but clothes are more less the same.
    might need do a longer fast ...

Some water fluctuations can be on a monthly cycle so two weeks isn't enough time to see if it is just water storage. Keep at it and see what happens in the next two weeks.
  • blambo61
    Barb, I frequently... And I mean frequently... go a week or two without losing anything and then it comes off all at once. Last time it was 3 weeks and I only lost half a pound(not even it was 0.4) but in the fourth week I lost 6 lb all at once... It's the nature of the Beast to fluctuate a little bit just don't get discouraged and stay the course it works for a reason :)

This!
  • blambo61
    Thanks Jim... you´re right might need tweak things... I did loose inches since I started but not since 2 weeks time unless I am loosing somewhere where I havent measured thats a possibility but clothes are more less the same.
    might need do a longer fast ...

I've seen more people sabotage themselves doing longer fasts than I've seen people being successful at it. Be careful. I really would give it a couple more weeks.
  • blambo61
    If you keep a weekly weight loss chart could you post it?

Maybe you're building muscle??? It sucks when we don't know the reason :/

Have you had a splurge day yet?

No Brenda I dont weight daily so I dont have a chart. I think since I started I weight 4 times
    I know it sucks...

You really can't tell what is going on water-wise without frequent weighings.
  • blambo61
    minigrrll wrote: »
    I am definitely not eating less than one meal a day - there is zero restriction going on in this body! I'm not ever sure if I'd be capable of that anymore. I do consider doing longer fast every once in a while (because of all the health benefits they are supposed to give you - especially the stuff to do with cancer cells). I can never seem to find the right time though - I think I like eating way too much.

Anyway, I can see that you would be frustrated, I would be for sure. I know it sounds crazy and goes against what a lot of the experts say, but have you considered weighing daily? I find it really helps me to see what is actually going on with my weight. Like this week for instance. If I'd only weighed last Friday and this Friday, all I would have seen would have been a tiny .6 lb drop. But the real story is that I went up a lot over the weekend and then lost that weight over the week. For some reason that made me feel better, I think I might have been disappointed if I'd only seen the .6 drop. I like seeing what different food choices do to my weight. I don't necessarily change my food choice based on what happens, but at least I know and have the option to change if I choose to. This may not be a strategy that would work for you, so ignore me if that is the case.

I do think that if you just hang on, you'll get results though. 8 kilos in 2 months is still pretty darned good. I've lost about 9/10 kilo in about 3 months, which is almost the same rate of loss as you. I know you have more to lose than me, but if you look at this as a forever thing, you will get there. I think the thing about OMAD is that it is somewhat slower than "conventional" diets, but the difference is that it's sustainable and once it becomes a way of life, you are much less likely to gain it back. This time next year you could be 52 kilos down!! Imagine that!!!

I think that was great advise. We also have weekly water fluctuations cause we live in weekly cycles.
  • ooliviuoo
    ooliviuoo Posts: 81 Member
    I need to contact her. If you have her email address please message me