Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Replies

• maria3761
    maria3761 Posts: 77 Member
    I was reviewing the program information that came in the box, it says we have three power fuels and one Smart carb per day.... Didn't we used to have two smart carbs per day in the past? I can't remember Lol. I also see that we have a flex day now, that is different from the last time I was on program . Are there other program changes since I was on here in 2015 ?
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Hi Maria. Welcome back! Jan and Roger are awesome. I had been doing better (id even say doing well) but then i ate solid food and experienced a teo hour episode of pain at the 8 to 9 (out of 10 scale). Simultaneously, i was uncontrollably hot...red faced, flushed and itchy all over. This frightened me...I didn’t know why these things were happening nor could I make them stop. Unfortunately the nurse on duty at that moment was callous and patronizing. He treated me like i was a psych patient (um, no!) then oh...you must be starting menopause...do you know anything about menopause? I did not strike him...well knly in my imagination. Thenbi explained to him that i gad my ovaries removed 14 years ago...and I finished menopause at that time. Then he left and nobody appeared for four hours. By then I googled the side effects of the IV antibiotic...guess what...flushed feeling, hot skin, facial redness...all on the llist. Jerk! For lunch i had only liquids and was comfortable. But for dinner, i had mostly liquids...but peaches for dessert...serious pain for two hours. So...conclusion... I cannot have solid food currently. Knowing what to avoid is helpful...and I figured those things out and then informed the next nurse...who is so respectful. I’ll go home tomorrow. Remember how I’ve been seeking my mojo to restart taking care of me...i think I found it.
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Hi Maria!

Welcome back! Roger will pick up your posts and he is most knowledgeable on all things NS! Very dedicated and downright educational. They do change things around a lot in the program, it seems. Love your picture by the way, Val is a dog lover, too! Roger has lots of links he has set up, including a link for humor, thank goodness, and even a link for the new foods NS offers. Lots of great support for the journey here, and the MFP has a great food tracker. He usually writes around 8:30 in the morning! Love having you on this thread!! ..Jan
  • Buttons61
    Hi to everyone,

Val, good to know you are doing a little better! Glad you had at least one shift of more compassionate people! I would have been a little concerned about the itching part for that IV. Sometimes it could have been an allergic reaction, not just a side effect. I would remember what antibiotic that was and clarify it with a Dr you trust. Did they give you a diagnosis? Sounds like you should not be having the symptoms you went in there with. Glad you are headed home however!!

Roger, my english misled you again. Sorry!! :# The sausage was in the soup, and the cornbread on the side. LOL! But yes, there is cornbread down here with sausage or bacon, or chili peppers, cracklins or cheese. Also white meal, yellow meal, and stoneground meal of each. Sweet cornbread, savory cornbread, buttermilk cornbread, cornbread with corn, or sometimes with onion or other small chopped veggies. Ha ha!! I sound like Forest Gump!! I love it all!- My favorite being a little bit of sweet cornbread cooked with a bit of bacon grease in the recipe and on the bottom of a black skillet heated while your oven preheats, then added to the warmed skillet and baked. I never could get used to cornbread crumbled with buttermilk over it. Sounds good, but prefer mine with a nice slather of butter, lol!
  • hope4change_val
    Hi all. Through the night I declined the med I suspected i was allergic to...and I’m feeling much improved. I’m dressed...awaiting my discharge instructions. Dic already came by.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    I have posted more humor, Click the Show button for the solution, I will be doing a couple more like that in the next few days.

Hi
    I was out doing some walking this Morning. The temperature this morning was in the 53 degrees on the porch and 55 degrees on the cable channel. I found 11 cents yesterday, however it does not count since I found it in the House :)

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/10/17/walpole-elementary-school-cancels-halloween-parade/
    School Cancels Halloween, Will Celebrate ‘Black And Orange’ Spirit Day
    October 17, 2017 11:27 PM, Filed Under: Halloween, Jim Smith, Walpole

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2017/10/17/butler-county-woman-112th-birthday/
    Butler Co. Woman Celebrates 112th Birthday, Is 8th Oldest Person In U.S.
    October 17, 2017 7:11 PM
    Filed Under: birthday, Butler County, Cabot, David Highfield, Foxburg, Larry Richert
    There's hope for us :)

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Olive-Garden-Explodes-as-70-People-Eat-Inside-451472793.html
    RAW VIDEO: Explosion Rocks Maryland Olive Garden as 70 People Eat Inside
    By Sophia Barnes, (Published Thursday, Oct. 19, 2017)

http://www.express.co.uk/news/science/867900/Hell-VOLCANOES-volcano-eruption-saudi-arabia-Harrat-Khaybar
    GATES TO HELL? Hundreds of ancient structures found on edge of VOLCANOES in Saudi Arabia

By Sean Martin, 07:27, Thu, Oct 19, 2017 | UPDATED: 07:47, Thu, Oct 19, 2017

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/passengers-scream-terror-pilot-performs-11362861
    The last ever long-distance Air Berlin flight was coming in to Dusseldorf Airport when the fly-by was performed
    Dave Burke, 13:17, 18 OCT 2017Updated13:33, 18 OCT 2017
    They have been beating this one to death on the TV news here.

However another video, shot from the control tower of Dusseldorf Airport, clearly shows that it was a perfectly orchestrated move and that at no point anyone at the airport was in danger.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    maria3761 wrote: »
    Hello everyone!! I just rejoined Nutrisystem and this has been my first week doing the program again. I quit the program in 2015 right about the time the boards closed, I really need to get my nutritional life in order! And with work I know it is so much easier to manage my meals using Nutrisystem so I can just grab stuff and go or come home and easily prepare a meal....And then I could still make a simple meal for my husband if need be.

I used to post on this board back when I was on Nutrisystem before , though I don't remember my username. So I remember you Roger and some others I think, I haven't read through this board all the way yet . It's great that you are all still going strong here, and I really appreciate the fact that you created this board Roger! It was always nice having the Nutrisystem boards to connect with people and get ideas...awful that they got rid of them!

Hi Maria
    Nice to hear from another NS user. When You signed up with them did they have the four new Entrees available in the frozen, Some of them look interesting to me too, I have added them to my next order, as always I looked at the reviews on the ones that have reviews, a couple are too new to have been reviewed.

I find their food to be so convenient. A little while in the Microwave for many of the lunches and dinners and that part of the meal is ready to go. I use the Microwave for the breakfast sandwiches and the toaster for the french toast, pancakes and waffles.

I was so unhappy when NS killed the forums that I gave serious consideration to dropping them, however since I had stocked up on their gift cards when they were on sale at CostCo I stayed on and got over it. IF You are a CostCo member they sell them at a discount over the face value and when they are on sale a really nice discount. The last ones I bought that way were $55 for a $100 face value.
    Well I had more to my post but somehow it didn't all get posted ! The gist of what I was going to say is just that I plan to take it easy and work on my Nutrisystem program, check in here, and eventually start an exercise program though not just yet . I do a lot of stair climbing at work so hopefully that'll suffice for now. Good being back on Nutrisystem! I hope everyone's doing well and I hope you feel better Val, I see that you've been ill. Thanks for listening,
    Maria

I have managed to accidentally kill entire posts so do not feel bad. I walk for my exercise FWIW.

I did create a NS foods review section that I have not updated for a while and I do plan to update it next month when the new foods arrive.
    You can look here http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/105887-nutrisystem-food-reviews
    BTW I did save most of the recipes from the old NS forums if You would like one for a type of food not on the NS menu.

Some of the recipes are here to look at.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/106935-nutrisystem-plan-recipes

Good to see You and Good Luck with the Nutrisystem.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    I was reviewing the program information that came in the box, it says we have three power fuels and one Smart carb per day.... Didn't we used to have two smart carbs per day in the past? I can't remember Lol. I also see that we have a flex day now, that is different from the last time I was on program . Are there other program changes since I was on here in 2015 ?

Hi Again, I just saw this post, The amount of PFs and SCs vary depending on the plan You are on which is adjusted for Gender and weight. As an example I use I use Four SCs and PFs a day and on the mens plan I have a afternoon and evening dessert.

From the old NS forum via their staff
    Hi Roger,
    Here is how we make substitutions for our foods with the Day Off Guide:
    Breakfast Entree = 1 PF + 1 SC
    Lunch Entree = 1 PF + 1 SC
    Dinner Entree = 2 PF + 1 SC
    Dessert = 1 SC
    Since there is a range of calories within each category, you may find lunch and dinner entrees that are fairly
    comparable.

Hope this helps too
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Maria. Welcome back! Jan and Roger are awesome. I had been doing better (id even say doing well) but then i ate solid food and experienced a two hour episode of pain at the 8 to 9 (out of 10 scale). Simultaneously, i was uncontrollably hot...red faced, flushed and itchy all over. This frightened me...I didn’t know why these things were happening nor could I make them stop. Unfortunately the nurse on duty at that moment was callous and patronizing. He treated me like i was a psych patient (um, no!) then oh...you must be starting menopause...do you know anything about menopause? I did not strike him...well only in my imagination. Thenbi explained to him that i gad my ovaries removed 14 years ago...and I finished menopause at that time. Then he left and nobody appeared for four hours. By then I googled the side effects of the IV antibiotic...guess what...flushed feeling, hot skin, facial redness...all on the list. Jerk! For lunch i had only liquids and was comfortable. But for dinner, i had mostly liquids...but peaches for dessert...serious pain for two hours. So...conclusion... I cannot have solid food currently. Knowing what to avoid is helpful...and I figured those things out and then informed the next nurse...who is so respectful. I’ll go home tomorrow. Remember how I’ve been seeking my mojo to restart taking care of me...i think I found it.

Hi Val
    Insensitive types are in every profession, You were not lucky is all.
    I'm sorry to hear that You are that uncomfortable on Solids, Good Luck
    Hi all. Through the night I declined the med I suspected i was allergic to...and I’m feeling much improved. I’m dressed...awaiting my discharge instructions. Dic already came by.

Did They come up with a substitute for that med or is it not needed now.

Have a Good Day back Home
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited October 2017
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Hi Maria!

Welcome back! Roger will pick up your posts and he is most knowledgeable on all things NS! Very dedicated and downright educational. They do change things around a lot in the program, it seems. Love your picture by the way, Val is a dog lover, too! Roger has lots of links he has set up, including a link for humor, thank goodness, and even a link for the new foods NS offers. Lots of great support for the journey here, and the MFP has a great food tracker. He usually writes around 8:30 in the morning! Love having you on this thread!! ..Jan
    Hi Jan
    Thanks for the reminder, Here is the link for humor :)
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10166490/humorous-pictures#latest

One warning, When You use the tracker look at the information to be sure it is correct, since it is user submitted if things change there is no update. And of course You can create Your own entries to use daily too.

Jan can likely be very helpful with the tracker as it has been a while since I used it. I got to where I could do without it and to save time....
    Hi to everyone,

Val, good to know you are doing a little better! Glad you had at least one shift of more compassionate people! I would have been a little concerned about the itching part for that IV. Sometimes it could have been an allergic reaction, not just a side effect. I would remember what antibiotic that was and clarify it with a Dr you trust. Did they give you a diagnosis? Sounds like you should not be having the symptoms you went in there with. Glad you are headed home however!!

Roger, my english misled you again. Sorry!! :# The sausage was in the soup, and the cornbread on the side. LOL! But yes, there is cornbread down here with sausage or bacon, or chili peppers, cracklins or cheese. Also white meal, yellow meal, and stoneground meal of each. Sweet cornbread, savory cornbread, buttermilk cornbread, cornbread with corn, or sometimes with onion or other small chopped veggies. Ha ha!! I sound like Forest Gump!! I love it all!- My favorite being a little bit of sweet cornbread cooked with a bit of bacon grease in the recipe and on the bottom of a black skillet heated while your oven preheats, then added to the warmed skillet and baked. I never could get used to cornbread crumbled with buttermilk over it. Sounds good, but prefer mine with a nice slather of butter, lol!

Hmm... Sausage in the soup is something I never saw. The closest thing I have eaten to that would be the Italian sausage in the gravy for Pasta. Gravy is what many Italians call Spaghetti sauce :)

I have seen Cornbread made with Sweet Corn baked into it BTW. It has been years but I used to fry bread in the bacon grease in the past. I prefer the Cornbread either plain or with butter melting into it right out of the oven, Same for fresh baked bread too. None of those could be hard on my arteries :)

I have dried sweet corn from the garden, I let it go to long on the plant and have had this in the past when I was a mere sprat, I plan to do this recipe from here as it is what I remember from when I was growing up:
    http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/showthread.php?1659-Parched-Corn-Recipe
    Things You'll Need:
    Corn
    Skillet
    Butter, lard, oil or cooking spray
    Spoon
    Paper towel
    Cloth or plastic bags
    Dry the corn. The primary ingredient of parched corn is dried corn. To dry fresh corn on the cob, hang it in a dry area of your home and allow it to dry out naturally. Frozen corn can be dried in a dehydrator or spread on a cookie sheet and placed in an oven set at 150 degrees. Leave the oven door open a little. This method can take a few hours and the corn should be turned occasionally to prevent burning.
    Oil the skillet. Add a small amount of butter, lard or oil to a skillet. Cooking spray can also be used. Heat the oil on a low temperature. Wipe the frying pan with paper towel to remove any excess oil. Only a thin coating should remain on the bottom of the pan.
    Pour the corn in the skillet. Add enough dry corn to the skillet to just about cover the bottom. The actual amount will depend on the size of the skillet.
    Cook the corn. Allow the corn to cook slowly. Stir the dried corn constantly to prevent burning. I sometimes add crushed red peppers or other spices at this time for a different taste. The parched corn is done when the kernels have swollen, and turned a medium brown. A few of the kernels may explode, just like popcorn.
    Drain the corn. Pour the parched corn onto some paper towel and allow to thoroughly drain and cool. Turn the corn a couple of times to ensure that all excess oil is absorbed. Store the parched corn. Place the parched corn in a cloth, my favorite a hide bag (it soaks up any extra oil) or plastic bag for storage. A small bag of parched corn will be enough for your next day of hiking.

Have You done something like that ?

Cheers
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    <3 Saw this for yesterday. Rodger has logged in 900 times! <3

~Congratulations!!~
  • hope4change_val
    I’m home. I’m unable to walk due to unbearable calf cramps (med side effect). So i left my car and Mary drove me home. No substitute med...just dropping that one. Lots of pain. But so glad to be home!
  • Buttons61
    Hi!

Glad you are home, Val. All in all it sounds like a pretty rough experience. I know everyone is glad to have you home! Especially Em, and I bet all your doggies went crazy! I hope you can rest this weekend, though it sounds like you may need a few days off, if you can! I hope so!! Take care of you!! :)

Roger, I had not heard of doing the corn that way. It is very interesting! The most we ever did was dry it and reconstitute it in soups or stews. That is pretty unique. I may need to look into that! I got tickled you found your 11 cents, but it is even funnier that you found it IN your house, lol!

Tomorrow is housework and laundry. I seem to have a ton of it. I am looking forward to Monday, as it is supposed to be an all day rain. I need to work a little on my outside too. Seems a lot of work planned for one day!! (Sat.)

We are supposed to have a cold spell with the upper 30's forecasted for sometime next week.. Leave it to us, summer to winter, lol!

Headed for humor, thank you Rodger!! Val, please take it easy! I will send you some prayers and healing thoughts!
    Maria, hope to hear from you! I think you will like the MFP! ..Jan
  • maria3761

Thanks all for the very warm welcome, much appreciated!! I've had a lot of errands and chores today, hardly been at home...it's my Sunday, I go back to work tomorrow
  • maria3761
    Oh no, cut my post off again! Cut it in half! Wonder why it does that?? Well I was just going to say I'm keeping this short tonight because it's late. I will write more tomorrow. I hope you are all well and had a good day. And Val, so glad you are home... I hope you feel better really soon!
    Maria
  • RogerToo
    Well I posted more Humor FWIW

Hi
    I was out doing some walking this Morning. The temperature this morning was 45 degrees on the porch and in the low 50s on the cable channel.

While I was walking I had a Fox run across the road in front of me, Obviously since if it ran across behind me I would not have seen it :)
    Then a while later as I looked off of a bridge I saw 5 Deer eating below me.

Check Your Frozen Order, they have reformulated the three frozen pizzas and I had to replace the discontinued version with the new versions :)

http://www.civilbeat.org/2017/10/denby-fawcett-why-spam-is-now-under-lock-and-key-at-oahu-stores/
    Why Spam Is Now Under Lock-And-Key At Oahu Stores
    By Denby Fawcett / October 17, 2017

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/cobb-county/woman-says-she-could-face-jail-time-because-she-cant-afford-husbands-cremation/626733969
    Woman says she could face jail time because she can't afford husband's cremation
    by: Justin Wilfon Updated: Oct 19, 2017 - 1:18 PM

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/books/news/cambridge-university-trigger-warnings-shakespeare-plays-titus-andronicus-mary-beard-academics-a8008456.html
    Cambridge University students given trigger warnings for Shakespeare plays
    Academics say degree of sensitivity will 'curtail academic freedom'

Roisin O'Connor, Thursday 19 October 2017 12:26 BST

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/isis-fanatics-plotting-new-911-11369466
    ISIS fanatics are 'plotting new 9/11' and plan to 'bring down planes to cause maximum devastation'
    Kara O'Neill, 19 OCT 2017 Updated00:08, 20 OCT 2017

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-10-19/fewest-jobless-claims-since-1973-show-firm-u-s-job-market
    Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
    By Sho Chandra, October 19, 2017, 8:30 AM EDT
    Updated October 19, 2017, 8:46 AM EDT

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    <3 Saw this for yesterday. Rodger has logged in 900 times! <3

~Congratulations!!~

Hi Jan
    Thank You for saying so.
    Hi!

Glad you are home, Val. All in all it sounds like a pretty rough experience. I know everyone is glad to have you home! Especially Em, and I bet all your doggies went crazy! I hope you can rest this weekend, though it sounds like you may need a few days off, if you can! I hope so!! Take care of you!! :)

Roger, I had not heard of doing the corn that way. It is very interesting! The most we ever did was dry it and reconstitute it in soups or stews. That is pretty unique. I may need to look into that! I got tickled you found your 11 cents, but it is even funnier that you found it IN your house, lol!

Tomorrow is housework and laundry. I seem to have a ton of it. I am looking forward to Monday, as it is supposed to be an all day rain. I need to work a little on my outside too. Seems a lot of work planned for one day!! (Sat.)

We are supposed to have a cold spell with the upper 30's forecasted for sometime next week.. Leave it to us, summer to winter, lol!

Headed for humor, thank you Rodger!! Val, please take it easy! I will send you some prayers and healing thoughts!
    Maria, hope to hear from you! I think you will like the MFP! ..Jan

Doing Corn that way goes back to my youth on visits to my grandparents.

11 cents I did not have before is OK with me whatever the source as long as it legal :)

Interesting that You are looking forward to all day rain, is there a drought problem in Your area ?

Housework :(

Enjoy Today's Humor, Do You prefer the Spoiler Button for the two part Halloween humor or should I just post them ?
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited October 2017
    I’m home. I’m unable to walk due to unbearable calf cramps (med side effect). So i left my car and Mary drove me home. No substitute med...just dropping that one. Lots of pain. But so glad to be home!

Hi Val
    Did they offer any advice on alleviating the leg cramps ?
    I used to have them wake me in the night :( I have eliminated them with bananas and certain supplements thankfully.
    I am sorry to hear about that side effect, that is a bad one IMO.

At least You are now home, Did they ever say what was causing the pain that needed surgery ?

I noticed these
    hope4change_val 17 hours ago
    lost 1.2 lbs since last weighing in! Hope4change_val's lost 13.8 lbs so far.
    and then this
    hope4change_val 2 hours ago
    lost 2.2 lbs since last weighing in! Hope4change_val's lost 16 lbs so far.

Congratulations

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Thanks all for the very warm welcome, much appreciated!! I've had a lot of errands and chores today, hardly been at home...it's my Sunday, I go back to work tomorrow

Hi Maria
    Yuck working on the weekend, I worked Saturdays for 16 years in my last job, no choice. And the job before that I could bid on what I did and for days off. In that job it nicer working Weekends then not and I usually split my days off too, that broke up the work week for me.
    Oh no, cut my post off again! Cut it in half! Wonder why it does that?? Well I was just going to say I'm keeping this short tonight because it's late. I will write more tomorrow. I hope you are all well and had a good day. And Val, so glad you are home... I hope you feel better really soon!
    Maria

I have killed entire post by accident. It is also easy to do with a Laptop by brushing the touchpad accidentally.

I had a Good Day and today should be good after a good nights sleep, not a 100% occurrence BTW.

I had some feedback from someone in another message thread they tried the New Pork Entree and it was OK. I had planned to order one each of the new Chipotle Dishs, however after reading the Feedback in the food reviews for them that indicated many would not order again as they were too hot I am changing my decision about that and will not order them. I have a sneaky suspicion that some foods are hot to hide a lack of flavor and that could be the reason for the heat. Based on the reviews I am not the only one that does not like heat in foods.
    IMO Heat and Spicy are not the same thing.

Have a Enjoyable Day
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Roger- you made me laugh with your comment about the fox running in front of you rather than behind. Four laparoscopic incisions on abdomen make me acutely aware of laughing. The nursing staff apeared to give zero concern about my med side effects. I entered the hospital fully able to walk, but left completely unable to walk. Muscle cramps were a side effect of protonix. (Along with flushing of skin; itching, rash, and GI speed). Nurses literally didn’t give a hoot that i was in crippling pain. But two days off it and i can shuffle around now....improving with time. I need to read up on the proton pump so I can understand why. But it was bizarre and extremely painful.