Steph's OMAD Accountability Thread

Options

Replies

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you enjoyed your weekend and I hope you make it to 182 or lower this week :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Yum!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    Checking in after fasting day numero uno...down to 188.2 which is FANTASTIC considering I decided (stupidly) to have a few cocktails on an empty stomach last night...looks like the last of the TOM water weight has gone away...thank GOD. ANYWHO, this puts us on track for 182 by Thursday's official weigh in!!! WOOT WOOT!

My salt craving levels have been THROUGH THE ROOF...I'm assuming it's the amount of water I've been drinking so we're going to keep the few pickles a day going for now to keep my sodium levels regulated...with the exception maybe of the last night of the fast...

Put a pork shoulder in the slow cooker for tonight...brined that puppy overnight with a *kitten* ton of garlic, a can of beer, some beef stock, black pepper and chili powder. I'll get to enjoy it Thursday night :smiley: I'll take pictures tonight though!
  • Brendalea69
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Almost 4 pounds gone even with cocktails, WOW that's impressive! That pork sounds delicious and I'm sure you'll enjoy it on Thursday :p
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Yeah the weight swings are crazy LMAO but usually consistent from week to week LOL - I think I'm going to like this recipe, it's pretty basic so I can transform it into whatever I need (BBQ, taco meat, ragu for pasta, etc). PLUS I got the whole 7 pound shoulder for 10 bucks...talk about economical! :smiley:
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Wow I am just catching up, your food from last week looks incredible.

I am sure you will hit your 182 goal this week if not lower!!! Stay strong!!!
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    You've got this Steph!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Thanks ladies!!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Ok so - good news and bad news.

GOOD NEWS - I have pictures...pulled pork turned out great, will definitely do this combo of ingredients again. Very garlic-y which I LOVE! Here's the pork when I got home:

q5kraze4kum5.png

I ended up making Nikki (sissy) some of that with a pork/beer gravy made from the jus, some asparagus, and a loaded baked tater...she was quite happy:

a08x32cdyr0a.png

BAD NEWS -
    I ended up having I'm guessing maybe 4 oz of the pork via seasoning and getting the gravy ready etc etc, and I had 4 pickles TOO soooooooooooooooo I lost NO weight from yest to today :s:s:'(:'(:|:|

NOW...I have a feeling I'm holding salt from all that SO I'm going to push hella' water and weigh in tomorrow. I only actually had maybe 300 calories in all so I know I still had a deficit - if I'm still not where I'd like to be tomorrow, I'll keep the fast going one more day but I'm hoping it'll WHOOSH off tomorrow morning...we'll see.

• dkayingram
    Options
    Looks mouth watering....hoping the scale plays nice tomorrow :).
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I am a taste tester too, so I can only cook when it's time to eat. I am lucky that dinner is always ready before I get home. It is different on the weekends though.

• mistymeadows2005
    Options
    I am a taste tester too, so I can only cook when it's time to eat. I am lucky that dinner is always ready before I get home. It is different on the weekends though.

Yeah I'm too accomplished of a cook to not test for seasoning or risk under/over seasoning...ABSOLUTELY not LOL...it's ok, I tend to make stuff in big batches so now I won't have to taste test until the next cooking adventure...in the meantime I just use that pork in diff recipes (tonight's plan for Nikki is pork ragu with spinach and parm with some WW noodles).

• minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I could never ever cook something without tasting/eating... Good luck on the scale!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Even if the scale isn't kind, if you had a deficit, you lost. It will only be water if the weight is up.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    UGH welp...it's not what I wanted but I guess I'll take it - 185...so another pound lost this week. Looks like this weight I put on in the last few months is going to be hard to shift...With the stress in ma' life right now, I suppose I'll take any loss LOL.

BRIGHT SIDE - I can eat tonight :) I'll take pictures if I remember before I devour it LOL :p:p:p
  • dkayingram
    Options
    185 is awesome, I totally would take it :). Enjoy your food tonight, that is a long fast, don't think I have the will power to go that long, but I am also just starting, so maybe one day.

• mistymeadows2005
    Options
    It's not for everyone but I don't mind it most of the time...STARVING right now though LOL - I have a free lunch from one of my trainers today so I'll probably have a 2-mad...and that's ok :)
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    You should be happy with that loss, sometimes I would only lose a pound a week too :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Yeah I suppose I'm ok with it for now LOL - it occurred to me that I started adding in some body weight/resistance training last week too so that could be throwing things off a bit :)
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Yeah I suppose I'm ok with it for now LOL - it occurred to me that I started adding in some body weight/resistance training last week too so that could be throwing things off a bit :)

Yes be ok!!! I just replied about this on Mirandas page ;)