Dkay OMAD progress

Replies

• brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Good for you on sticking it out at Sonic! I am so happy we don't have one nearby because I LOVE their tater tots. Those would completely ruin my LC streak.
    I also agree that hot sauce should be its own food group. I have literally drunk a few drops when I was craving it and was too lazy to cook anything to slather it in. But I also love anything spicy and vinegary, so it makes sense!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    Good for you on sticking it out at Sonic! I am so happy we don't have one nearby because I LOVE their tater tots. Those would completely ruin my LC streak.
    I also agree that hot sauce should be its own food group. I have literally drunk a few drops when I was craving it and was too lazy to cook anything to slather it in. But I also love anything spicy and vinegary, so it makes sense!

I love "hot sauce should be its own food group". That's awesome!
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Weigh In Day:
    Not sure how today was going to go since we ate out a lot with baseball. I tried to make healthy choices and mainly had low carb dinners consisting of salad with grilled chicken. A few blow pops here and there too! Also probably more diet cokes than usually I would consume so I was a bit nervous on the scale this morning. Here is my progress since starting.

2/9 197
    2/16 189.6 -7.4
    2/23 186.6 -10.4
    3/2 184.6 -12.4
    3/9 184.6 -12.4
    3/16 184.2 -12.8
    3/23 183.5 -13.5
    3/30 183.5 -13.5
    4/6 182.4 -14.6
    4/13 181.6 -15.4

So a 1.2 weight loss for the week. I was really hoping to be ridding the 180's goodbye but hopefully that will be next week!
    Stay stong!
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member

Their new Fizz products can be low calorie and taste great.

Two of them are 5 calories for a large size!

Mango/Lime and Raspberry Lemon

I was looking at those, but have passed on them because I don't do any calories unless it is time for my omad. I may try one soon though!
  • sammygold2015
    CONGATS on the loss! The 180's will be gone before you know it!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Doing great Donna :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Very good Donna! You are really moving!
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    dkayingram wrote: »
    Weigh In Day:
    Not sure how today was going to go since we ate out a lot with baseball. I tried to make healthy choices and mainly had low carb dinners consisting of salad with grilled chicken. A few blow pops here and there too! Also probably more diet cokes than usually I would consume so I was a bit nervous on the scale this morning. Here is my progress since starting.

2/9 197
    2/16 189.6 -7.4
    2/23 186.6 -10.4
    3/2 184.6 -12.4
    3/9 184.6 -12.4
    3/16 184.2 -12.8
    3/23 183.5 -13.5
    3/30 183.5 -13.5
    4/6 182.4 -14.6
    4/13 181.6 -15.4

So a 1.2 weight loss for the week. I was really hoping to be ridding the 180's goodbye but hopefully that will be next week!
    Stay stong!

:)

I was looking at those, but have passed on them because I don't do any calories unless it is time for my omad. I may try one soon though!

Right. Believe I will start purchasing those during happy hour (1/2 price) and save the drink for my meal.

• sammygold2015

Right. Believe I will start purchasing those during happy hour (1/2 price) and save the drink for my meal.

I did try the Mango/Lime. It was delicious, but did make me hella hungry after I had it.
  • EstrangedTiger

I did try the Mango/Lime. It was delicious, but did make me hella hungry after I had it.

Yeah, I'm, concerned the 5 calorie figure is a little off...

• dkayingram

Oh man I was really wanting to try one this week. Being starving after would not be good though. Dang it.
  • brittdee88
    I have never heard of these drinks, but maybe it's whatever sugar alcohol is in them that's causing hunger? I know that any time I drank a non-caffeinated diet drink in my past life that my cravings would be out of control afterwards (which defeated the purpose!).
  • EstrangedTiger

Oh man I was really wanting to try one this week. Being starving after would not be good though. Dang it.

Yeah, I'm not sure, it varies. When I was using a larger eating window, didn't pay much attention. Now? Would definitely buy one and wait until mealtime.
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    I have never heard of these drinks, but maybe it's whatever sugar alcohol is in them that's causing hunger? I know that any time I drank a non-caffeinated diet drink in my past life that my cravings would be out of control afterwards (which defeated the purpose!).

Yeah, these Fizz drinks are supposed to be "natural flavorings" and carbonated water. Understand, some drinks trigger my hunger, along with excessive coffee intake.

• dkayingram
    Yeah if I try it for sure it would have to be my meal time drink. Would not want to screw up OMAD for a sparkling water that triggers hungry. Would not be worth it at all.
  • brittdee88
    Yeah if I try it for sure it would have to be my meal time drink. Would not want to screw up OMAD for a sparkling water that triggers hungry. Would not be worth it at all.

Ditto! I'm pretty boring with my drinks, though. Only water, coffee, and wine (and the occasional liquor that is clearly not my friend anymore).
  • sammygold2015
    I sure was tasty though. I think I may have it again, but closer to when I eat.
  • dkayingram
    I agree if I try it I will make sure it is part of my OMAD meal :). Sounds perfect for the hot summer though!
  • brittdee88
    I saw a video for low carb orange chicken and the guy used diet orange soda for the sauce. I wonder if I could possibly use that drink if I can find an orange flavor instead!
  • dkayingram
    Good morning OMAD friends,
    I have been out of town for the later part of the week so no WI today. Will be back on track with that next week. Other than a few indulgences with drinks I think I have done okay. Have had a few 2MAD meals while be away but have tried to make them LC and mainly salads with protein. I think most importantly mentally for me I feel fine. In the past deviating too much or even at all could have sent me over the edge, but now I am okay with the week and know I have done my best with no regrets.

Happy Friday!
  • sammygold2015
    Enjoy your life! no regrets!