TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (July)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
edited June 2018 in Social Groups
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215 or Craig @craigo3154 .

Replies

• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Hello again, team TBBT. The July challenge doesn't officially start until Sunday July 1st, but I thought I'd give you some more information so that you can be ready to jump in with both feet! Within the main weight loss challenge we have another optional, but highly recommended, challenge. It is called the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge, or the Mini Challenge. It is based on another MFP challenge group by the same name, or UAC.

The way it works is simple:

1. Log everything you eat that has calories in MFP.
    2. Stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget.
    3. Do at least 20 minutes of activity daily. This could be anything that gets you off the couch and being active: run, walk, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.
    4. Report each day on this thread (something to the effect of logged food: yes, under calories: yes, exercise: yes, and a brief description is nice)

****When you post your accountability, please put the date, or the day of the week to which you are referring. We are all in different time zones, and some people post in the evening for that day, and others post the next morning, so it gets confusing trying to decipher without a day or date. Thanks!!!*****

You get one free pass day a week (went over calories, could not log food, rest day, etc.) At the end of the week, if you have managed to be "accountable" for at least 6 of 7 days, you will be recognized on this thread as being in the Winner's Circle!

This strategy works for weight loss because it is based on CI<CO. When calories in are less than calories out, you stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget, and you will lose weight! And exercise is just good for you, plus it will burn calories and help with the calories out portion of the equation!

What's great about this challenge is that it works for everyone, as long as you are honest with yourself. There are no dietary restrictions, so you can eat whatever you like, and follow whatever plan you like. Your own daily calorie budget is set by you and MFP and you choose your own exercise and intensity of exercise! Plus it is a practice that can be carried beyond weight loss into maintenance! If you are having a bad week, a new week and a fresh start is just around the corner!

Consistency and new habits have been shown to be the keys to long term successful weight loss. Why not make the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge your new habit, that you do consistently!!

Week #1 for the Mini Challenge starts Sunday, July 1st!!
  • violasmith85
    violasmith85 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. My name is Vi. I've been losing weight off and on since I was 18. As of today i weigh 236.8 lbs. I started on June 1st and have lost 16lbs so far. Looking forward to seeing what i can lose in July. I use an exercise bike daily for 30-60 mins and swim a few days a week at least (weathers been bad so I havnt been able to this week) and I'm doing the one meal a day diet which let's me eat what I want, just once a day. But I do also take vitamins and try to get veggies in as much as I can. It's great to meet you all. :smile:
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Hi everyone. My name is Vi. I've been losing weight off and on since I was 18. As of today i weigh 236.8 lbs. I started on June 1st and have lost 16lbs so far. Looking forward to seeing what i can lose in July. I use an exercise bike daily for 30-60 mins and swim a few days a week at least (weathers been bad so I havnt been able to this week) and I'm doing the one meal a day diet which let's me eat what I want, just once a day. But I do also take vitamins and try to get veggies in as much as I can. It's great to meet you all. :smile:

Hello, Vi, and welcome to team The Big Butt Theory!! Congratulations on losing 16 pounds so far in your journey!! That is awesome, and shows you are dedicated to the process!! And you have two good workouts in your arsenal with the biking and the swimming!! Eating once a day sounds somewhat like intermittent fasting? Good luck with that? I hope we can be a source of motivation for you to continue your success from June into July!!
  • violasmith85
    violasmith85 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »

Hello, Vi, and welcome to team The Big Butt Theory!! Congratulations on losing 16 pounds so far in your journey!! That is awesome, and shows you are dedicated to the process!! And you have two good workouts in your arsenal with the biking and the swimming!! Eating once a day sounds somewhat like intermittent fasting? Good luck with that? I hope we can be a source of motivation for you to continue your success from June into July!!

Yes, its IF at 23:1. It fits well in my schedule and it seems to be the perfect fit for me as it's not been difficult to maintain at all. Hoping it stays that way. Thanks for letting me join. :smiley:
  • Peachez2
    Peachez2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone my name is Crystal and I am new to this challenge but not new to this struggle of trying to lose weight. I rededicated (is that word lol) myself to this journey June 1!so I’m 28 days into this lifestyle change. I’m down 10.4lbs and my ultimate goal is to get down about 89 more pounds. I’m currently doing Keto and in the beginning stages of intermittent fasting usually fasting 16 hours and eating in an 8 hour window. Looking forward to this challenge.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Peachez2 wrote: »
    Hello everyone my name is Crystal and I am new to this challenge but not new to this struggle of trying to lose weight. I rededicated (is that word lol) myself to this journey June 1!so I’m 28 days into this lifestyle change. I’m down 10.4lbs and my ultimate goal is to get down about 89 more pounds. I’m currently doing Keto and in the beginning stages of intermittent fasting usually fasting 16 hours and eating in an 8 hour window. Looking forward to this challenge.

Hi, Crystal, and welcome to team The Big Butt Theory!! Congratulations on losing 10.4 pounds in June and rededicating (it's a word, and a good one!) yourself to this journey!! Great choice of words in "lifestyle change"!! Here's to a great July!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    priiiiiska wrote: »
    Hi there. My name Priska, I am new to this challenge but highly motivated.
    I am French and moved in London 6 years ago. I put on quite a lot of weight since then (about 65lbs in 6 years). So in April this year I decided that enough was enough and changed my diet completely. I also started walking a lot more (I am now doing at least 20 000 steps a day, 5 days a week), and very recently started to go to the gym for higher intensity exercises.
    I have lost 33 lbs so far and would like to lose another 30 to go back to the weight I used to be.
    Unfortunately, I am now stuck at a stupid plateau. Been about 181 lbs for the last few weeks. It is very frustrating but I am hoping that this challenge/support group might help me get that extra bit of motivation I need. :)

Hello, Priska, and welcome to team The Big Butt Theory!! Good for you to decide that enough was enough, and take action to lose 33 pounds!! I hope we can be the motivation you need to continue to lose those last 30!! Well done on the 20,000 steps a day and adding in gym time as well!! That will help keep you on track for sure!!

My old eyes are having trouble with your username.....How many 'i's are there? Is it 5?

• HASWLRS
    Options
    ccpapajet wrote: »
    Hi Everyone, I’m new to this challenge. I’m just this week starting to work on me. Had a year from Hell with a family illness. They are on the highway to recovery and now time for me to jump on. I’m sad to say my weight has gone in February from 235 to now 249. I need to do this for my health, my future and my family. Really all for me!!!
    My name is Cathy. I may need a push and an occasional pep talk and I will do the same for anyone else. I’m nervous about starting, but here we go.
    Thank you for allowing me to join!

@ccpapajet, I am so glad that you are ready to get started on your journey!! Your enthusiasm is palpable!! Yes, at times we focus our energies on other people and forget to leave some for ourselves!! (Glad to hear everyone is on the mend!) That being said, you have actually posted on the wrong team's thread. You have been assigned to team Run Track Minds, so you'll want to pop over there and introduce yourself to them!! I wish you the best of luck on your journey!! The first step is always the hardest, and you have taken that!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Hello! I’m Allison. First time to this Challenge group. I’m 16 pounds away from goal. I’ve lost 89 since I started trying to lose in Aug 2014. I can feel the end nearing. I’m already thinking about what I’m going to do for maintenance.

Some of my goals for July:
    - Lose 4-6 pounds by eating at my weight loss calorie level and interspersing it with days of eating at maintenance. This strategy is working really well for me.
    - Continue with my yoga practice at least 4 out of 7 days. Ideally 7 days.
    - Do cardio as I feel - I do plenty. What I need to do more of is ST. I’d like to say I’ll do at least 3 days per week of ST for at least 15 min per session.
    - Drink 8 glasses of water for at least 5 days per week. Ideally 7 days.
    - Spend time doing my hobbies.
    - Take time to relax and enjoy.

Looking forward to this Challenge and meeting you all !

Hello, Allison, and welcome! You have already lost 89 pounds!! Congratulations!! You have obviously found what works for you!! (You have a well thought out list of goals to aim for each week which definitely helps!) I'd say I hope we can inspire you as you work on losing those last 16, but I have a feeling you are going to be inspiring us!!
This discussion has been closed.