TEAM: Gutbusters (November)

Replies

• LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    craigo3154 wrote: »
    LesIckaBod wrote: »

I am bumping up and down this middle 160-range fully knowing that if I just committed 100% to tracking again, I would drop probably 3+ easy lbs within a week. Exercise is holding me together right now, and my stalled progress is entirely because of food choices.

I do have some good habits ingrained: it's been easy to make breakfast and lunch choices that are on track: hard-boiled eggs and coffee in the AM, a salad with a heap of protein (tuna, salmon, or egg whites) and lots of color (broccoli, red peppers, beets) for lunch. Also, it's been a pleasure to keep on track with exercise.

Here's what has to improve:
    • I need to make my post-workout protein drink. It keeps me from getting hungry and eating my kids' carby snacks in the afternoon.
    • I need to improve dinners. My husband likes to grill in the summer, but he's not been grilling for months now, and I need to get back in the kitchen and make the chicken breast meals that works best for me. He prefers red meat and pork chops, but his lack of desire to cook meant we threw away probably $25 of meat that he bought and let spoil in the fridge. (I mentioned last week we're working through a motivation problem in this house, too).

It looks like life is pointing at me getting back to pre-tracking meals for a while. We'll see how I do this week!

@LesIckaBod. Sounds like you know what to do.

Pre-tracking helps keep things in line while good habits re-form.

You can get back into the swing of this.

Sounds like you are pretty close to target now. You have done impressively well over the past year. Always remember where you have come from. It is easy to lose track of how far you have come when you only look forwards.

@craigo3154 Thanks for this! I feel conflicted sometimes between feeling good enough ("hey, I've come so far!") and feeling like I could get so fit if I just tried a little harder. I love the positive effects so far, and today, I'm back on track again -- now to get through workout, recovery drink, dinner, and bedtime with the little dudes.

Then, wash, rinse, repeat for the rest of my life!
  • LesIckaBod
    Week: 2
    Username: michellelagle
    PW: 163lbs
    CW: 159lbs
    Yay! Omg I can't believe I lost 4 pounds!!!! 😁

Way to go!!
  • LesIckaBod
    Week 1 Results

The Biggest Loser Is...
    1st - @Dommylifts. - 3.16% Hurray!!

Top 3 Individual % by Team:

Gutbusters
    1st - @Dommylifts. - 3.16%
    2nd - @ryjar80. - 2.09%
    3rd - @beachbunnydana. - 1.53%

• westray16
    westray16 Posts: 143 Member
    Westray16
    Monday week 2
    PW 197 lbs
    CW 195 lbs
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member

@craigo3154 Thanks for this! I feel conflicted sometimes between feeling good enough ("hey, I've come so far!") and feeling like I could get so fit if I just tried a little harder. I love the positive effects so far, and today, I'm back on track again -- now to get through workout, recovery drink, dinner, and bedtime with the little dudes.

Then, wash, rinse, repeat for the rest of my life!

@LesIckaBod. Do this for yourself and better quality (and quantity) time with the little dudes. Teach the little dudes from your mistakes and learnings so they never fall into the same traps you have climbed out of.

Taking time to "smell the roses" is important. Otherwise it starts to feel like a constant grind.

You can always get "fitter" or "do more". It is important to ensure you maintain a good grasp of what is "enough". The trap is once you reach a goal, a new more distant goal appears and you do not take time to appreciate the attainment of the first goal.

You are doing so well. Glad you are back on track gain today.
  • michellelagle
    michellelagle Posts: 77 Member
    Week: 2
    Username: michellelagle
    PW: 163lbs
    CW: 159lbs
    Yay! Omg I can't believe I lost 4 pounds!!!! 😁

Way to go!!

Thanks! I am doing everything I can to make it happen again next week! Hopefully I lose 5lbs.
  • dommylifts
    dommylifts Posts: 96 Member
    November 12
    Exercised?: Yep. Squats and core.
    Calories?: yep. Under calories.
    Tracked?: Yes. Always.

Good job everyone.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    November 12
    Exercise: Yes, hiked over 4 miles in the snow uphill both ways :D ...not really. Uphill for 2 miles, 1600 feet elevation gain. The snow makes it feel like the first time I've done it.
    Calories: yes
    Tracked: yes

I'm hoping for a better week than last week. Still no resolution for hubby's heart issues, but that doesn't mean I have to let myself go while I'm stewing over it all.
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    November 12
    Exercised. Yes
    Calories. Yes
    Tracked yes
  • eevang
    eevang Posts: 187 Member
    November Week 2 Weigh-In
    Previous: 159
    Current: 160.4

It might seem like it's in the wrong direction, and I'm not thrilled to be in the 160s again, but my pants are loose! I'm working out 1-2 hours a day and building a ton of muscle.
  • Colleen790
    November 13
    Exercised. Yes
    Calories. Yes
    Tracked. Yes
  • craigo3154
    November 13
    Exercised?: Yes (3km in 24mins - hills).
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Work from home. Warm day today.

Not much else to report.
  • auntdeb37
    auntdeb37 Posts: 32 Member
    November 13
    Exercise: Yes cardio and strength training
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes
  • LesIckaBod
    Checking in quickly on a very busy day -- I'll be back tomorrow to add weights to the spreadsheet.

In the meantime, I have @jm216 as our Tuesday weigher -- but was that supposed to change? Let me know if I need to update that!
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    12sarah2015
    PW 137.3
    Cw:138
    Not happy with this trend this month, but it's because I haven't exercised. Happy though husband has decided not to eat sugar, except icecream, (unfortunately due to fillings) so all junk food is out of the house finally :)
  • craigo3154
    Username: craigo3154
    Weigh in week: Week 2
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Week's Weight: (64.0kg) 141.1
    Todays Weight: (63.8kg) 140.7

My BMI is currently 21.4. Remember, BMI 22 is middle of normal range. BMI 25-30 is overweight. BMI 30 or greater is obese.

As coach, not competitor, I am not required to weigh-in. However, as I like to set a good example. I weigh daily, but I only really take note of my 7 day average.
  • craigo3154
    ... Happy though husband has decided not to eat sugar, except icecream, (unfortunately due to fillings) so all junk food is out of the house finally :)

@12Sarah2015. This is great step. If there is only good food in the house, you are likely to only eat good food.
  • Colleen790
    November 14
    Exercise. Yes
    Calories. Yes
    Tracked. Yes
  • caitlynns727
    caitlynns727 Posts: 80 Member
    Username: caitlynns727
    Week 2
    Previous: 179.1
    Current: 178.5

Feeling pretty good after this weigh in!
This discussion has been closed.