Username: Redstickdad
    Thursday
    PW: 371
    CW: 371

frustrated with the scale this week....
  • gholderby1234
    gholderby1234 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    @mram3582 I tend to start butchering Thanksgiving on the Monday before. It starts off with no reason to exercise this week because I won't exercise Thursday and then I might as well consume as many calories as possible starting Monday since I'll be eating heavy Thursday! I will do better this year :)
  • mram3582
    mram3582 Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    @gholderby1234 Oh no! You've got to exercise that week! That is what keeps me in line! I am the Thanksgiving cook and when I put the turkey in the oven that is my cue to go walking. Exercising is what keeps me from nibbling for 2 hours in the kitchen while I am waiting. I did spend last night putting in all my thanksgiving recipes that I use so that I could pre-log it and get a sense of what that day was going to look like. My worst case scenario was about 2300 calories, but looking at my log, I don't think that I can eat all of it this year. My downfall is when I make my husband's birthday cake (his b'day is on Thanksgiving) and it is a pumpkin cake with caramel cream cheese frosting that I make everything from scratch. I'm 100% positive that I will eat at least half a liter of frosting :s
  • mram3582
    Options
    @RedStickdad Have you added to your workout routine? I know that you just changed scales too. Both of those are going to impact weigh in. I wouldn't start to worry until after next week if it is not going down. You're still doing amazing! Be proud!
  • RedStickdad
    RedStickdad Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    @mram3582 yes i am doing more strength training and a lot more consistent walking/jogging than last month.
  • mram3582
    Options
    @RedStickdad yep, upping strength training definitely causes a stall on the scales because your muscles are using that water for repair.
  • coloradokat78
    coloradokat78 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    mram3582 wrote: »
    I guess that my most recent NSV was finding the pack of unopened panties, 2 brand new bras (tags still on) and a pair of jeans buried in my closet. Turns out that I now fit in all of them so I don't have to go clothes shopping for another 20-30lbs. :)

Awesome!!
  • coloradokat78
    Options
    @coloradokat78 That sounds like great news! Maybe some of the stiffness will go away once you are able to walk on it regularly and do weight bearing exercises. However, TSA is never going to leave you alone again with that rod and screws :p

I was afraid that would be the case!

• spinnerkind
    spinnerkind Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Daily post (Thursday)
    Track: Yes
    Calories: quite a bit under! So I definitely made up for the past 2 days
    Exercise: 30 minutes Zumba and 60 minutes body combat
    12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    Daily Post..Nov/15
    Track..Yes
    Cal...Aways under
    Exercise... Elliptical x15 mins and swimming x10 mins. Needed to leave the gym before the snow started. Got home just in time. 1st snowfall for the season in NYC is a Winter Wonderland.
  • mram3582
    Options
    Daily Post: 11/15 Thursday
    Track; yes
    calories: under
    Exercise: 4.2miles walk 70mins
    Daily goal: prepare my router for its sacrifice to the Skynet...I mean...SpaceX demigods for their upcoming internet satellite launch. Tomorrow, maybe.
  • mram3582
    Options
    @spinnerkind my plan is to stay quite a bit under too this week in preparation for next week. >:)
    @12774 it is nice when you don't have to drive in it. My dad is actually moving to Buffalo next month, so I might get to help him drive the entirety of the east coast in Jan....not looking forward to that.
  • Sweetzyd
    Sweetzyd Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Thursday
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Yes- 24 min hip hop abs, 10 min Aerobics
    Goals/Day: Fairly decent day. I really miss my walks though. I haven't been in a week mainly because of the rain and cold. Thankfully it's supposed to warm up a little and be nicer with no rain for the next several days.
  • WA_Teacher
    WA_Teacher Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    @WA_Teacher great job on the water today!

@mram3582 Thanks for the encouragement!
  • WA_Teacher
    WA_Teacher Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: November 15th
    Calories: Over
    Exercise: 35 min walk
    Goal: Last night: 6.5 hour
    Today's water intake: 54 ounces
  • coloradokat78
    Options
    Daily Post: Thursday 11/15
    Track:yes
    Calories:under
    Exercise:2 mile walk (17,000 steps)
    Goals: continuing variety in foods
  • spinnerkind
    spinnerkind Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh in (Friday)
    Username: spinnerkind

First week82,3 kg (181,4 lbs)
    Last week: 82 kg (180,8 lbs)
    Current weight: 81,7 kg (180,1 pound)

Very slow progress but consistent..so that's actually ok. I'll adjust my calories a bit though.

• evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: 11/14
    Track: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: none
    Daily goal: To stay within my calorie budget and get in a workout (not so much)😄💪👏🙌

• evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: 11/15
    Track: yes
    Calories: no
    Exercise: Leslie Sansone 27 minute video
    Daily goal: To stay within my calorie budget and get in a workout (not so much)😄💪👏🙌

• mram3582
    Options
    @WA_Teacher really close on the water today! Good job.
    @coloradokat78 @spinnerkind @evangsimmons170 Everyone is still doing great on the consistency game...which is how stuff happens! Keep it up!
This discussion has been closed.