• cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Daily check in for: Monday
    Logged: Yes and under
    Water: 60 oz
    Exercise & Steps: 14011 steps
    15 day string on new plan

Boy I felt concerned yesterday without my food scale. I was second guessing myself all evening. Did I eat enough fruits and veggies, how are my calories. It was like @Mrsbell8well with out her fitbit yesterday. The ole boy came home and fixed it for me. He is so smart. I stepped on the bathroom scale this morning and was up 2 pounds. Now first of all, I should have never gotten on the scale. I know what I am doing and the scale is not a true predictor of my success. But I did. So now the aftermath. I felt bad for about 5 minutes. Then I thought again, I know what I am doing and the scale is not a true predictor of my success. The old me would have dwelled on it all day, agonized over it, felt shamed for it, ate less today like a punishment. I am not going to do it. The new me knows I am doing everything in a healthful manner. I will not change anything I am doing. Just carry on. Oh yea! one shout out to that scale, "Fickle B****"

@eminater definitely increase your water. you are doing great.

@sleepymom5 I know life can get difficult to manage sometimes. But remember, you have to take care of yourself regardless of what crazy stuff is going on in your life. hope you don't have to wait long for the xrays. when i had mine done Thursday it went pretty quick.

@twyla77 you got a promotion and your own office. well that's fantastic news. What did you do with the box of candy after you had 3? Give it away girl, it is too much temptation.

@czvanut good job at tracking your progress. And I know what you mean about the water. people told me in the beginning that my body would get used to drinking that much and I wouldn't have to go that much. WRONG... I still have to go just as much. lol got luck on your exams.

@amsandos I do all my prep on sunday. (except when life happens). it makes it so much easier. you don't have to think about what to make and all the ingredients are prepared and ready to go. it is a great way to help you stay on track. So did you eat the chips? The more you say no to temptation the easier it becomes.

@gottagetthisdown ohhh no you forgot your fitbit too. I hate that. i find myself almost not wanting to move cause it won't be recorded. like it would be wasted. lol

@Shirin_K You can do one day. Repeat this affirmation. I can do this for one day. It is just one day. Today I will be successful. It is just one day. I feel good when i stay on track. I am getting healthy. I can do this. Just for today. Sometimes we need to retrain our brains on how to think positive. So when you log your food and you have eaten the calories you should. Be proud and say "I did it. Just for today, I did what I should and I feel good about it."

@Mrsbell8well see and really you wouldn't have broken your string. unless all day you did not move at all. or only moved 149 steps. lol. oh the game that fit bit plays. good job at getting WAY over 10k steps girl. omgosh. 40 pounds that is amazing. you are going to know Scot's socks off in that interview. just whip out that sparkling wit and sassy charm and dazzle him with your brilliance!! and yes please on the cheese cake. lol

@Ashleigh1178 woooooowhoooo. happy dance in the front office this morning. I hope everyone is watching. Shout it from the roof top, I am doing amazing!! Don't you just love the momentum you can build up when you string good days together? just fantastic!!!

@phoebe112476 happy dance for you too madam!! another pound gone. you are a rock star. how is the new yoga place by your house?

• cyndiesstuff
    Options
    re0logbbavjj.jpg

Late weigh-ins
    @bmaison2014

Today's weigh-ins
    @Lyssysho26

Wednesday weigh-in
    @czvanut
    @ihp2015
    @Mrsbell8well
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Daily check in for: Saturday, Sunday and Monday
    Logged: no, ate too much
    Water: not enough
    Exercise & Steps: some ice skating, only 16,756(for 3 days)

I checked my weight this morning, not good.... need to get back on track ASAP

• nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Logged: Yes, under
    Water: 72 oz
    Exercise & Steps: 4 mile walk; 12,578 steps

Our weather has been fiercely cold. Everything is covered in frost and the inversion has settled in so the sun is nowhere to be found. I'm letting Willow rest her paw and can't take one dog without the other so I layered up and went for a walk alone. Its too icy for them anyway. They need to make Yak Trax for dogs! I pre-logged dinner... pork chops and Skinnytaste's Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Butternut Squash. At the last minute I weighed one of the pork chops... it was 9 oz! It was quite an eye opener as while I weigh some things, I just sort of mindlessly log most meat items. Still managed to stay under on calories fortunately.

Congrats to all our lovely "losers"!!

@cyndiesstuff glad your scale is working again. I don't know what I did before things like my food scale and Fitbit! I'm going to learn from your experience and not wash mine LOL
    Congratulations @twyla77 on your promotion!!
    @sleepymom5 Good luck at your appointments today. Hugs.
    @shirin_K Get back on track! I know you can do it. You've been doing so well. We've all been there (including me just last week)
    @Mrsbell8well Epsom salts do wonders. I was sure I would need to take her to the vet but she's getting better.
    @Ashleigh1178 I used to reward myself after a good weigh in. Took me forever to learn that all it ever did was derail my efforts. Keep up the good work!
    @amsandos I love that quote. That is so me as well. I can resist if there's nothing to resist.

Make it a great day Team Weight No More!!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,448 Member
    Options
    Logged: Yes, under I keep forgetting to complete diary at night
    Water: 64oz at least
    Exercise & Steps: Leslie Sansone for 30 min and 10,030 steps

Good day yesterday and so far today. I am annoyed, they could have done my mammogram today instead of me going tomorrow and my doctor never sent the script in. Ugh! Oh well, at least I knew to call today so I am not sent home tomorrow. Have to run to PT now, then grocery shopping and then hopefully I can work out! Have a great day!

@twyla77. Congrats on the promotion! That’s awesome! Also give yourself credit for only having three chocolates. That is better than a box! On another note, are you Cyndie’s Fitbit friend who has the powder puff girl profile pic? I keep trying to figure out how to click over for a friend request and can’t figure it out. I am Pam G on there
    @czvanut. Still a nice day even with the extra drink.
    @amsandos-great idea to bring those crisps to work. I need things out because they would be too much of a temptation for me. I also think planning actually makes things easier. You already have your day planned so no worries about having to make decisions when you are hungry.
    @gottagetthisdown Even though you missed your evening workout, you got a walk in at lunch and an amazing amount of steps! Great job!
    @shirin_k sometimes mini daily goals are the way to go. I know you are going to do great today!
    @mrsbell8well. Wow! Awesome job getting your 10k in the evening! You had an awesome day! Good luck on the interview today. Xoxo
    @ashleigh1178 wow! Awesome loss!! Glad you are doing so well!
    @phoebe112476. Nice loss! You really have been doing awesome!
    @cyndiesstuff. I am glad your scale is fixed. I know you know deep down that the scale doesn’t reflect how hard you are working. You have been doing great! Pay it no mind!
    @hope002 the important thing to remember is to get right back on track! Put your weekend behind you and just look forward. You can do it!
    @nstephenson01- I need to look up your part of the country lol! I don’t even know what inversion means in that sense. Your dinner sounded amazing. I need to get better at weighing some things too. It’s easy to assume certain cuts are a certain weight.
    What a beautiful picture! It could be a post card!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,414 Member
    Options
    twyla77 wrote: »
    Daily log in for: Monday Jan 14
    Logged: Yes, under
    Water: 6 cups
    Exercise: went to the gym, and did my 28-Day Challenge at home.
    Step: 20, 218

i was having a great day, (got a promotion and my own office!)(didn’t get a raise but we’ll discuss that another day lol) but then a client brought me a box of chocolates and i ate three! not the end of the world, but why didn’t i stop at one?

You stopped at three - now that is amazing!!! Congrats on the promotion and office!!!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,414 Member
    Options
    Morning all! Finally have a chance to check in.

Yesterday was a great day, the only thing I didn't do was yoga. My shoulder is pretty sore so I've been applying CBD oil, soaked in a magnesium bath and massage oh and advil. It is getting better but taking it's time. I tried to do a downward dog last night as a test but it was too sore. I'll try again tonight.

Last night I made some delicious turnip fries in my air fryer. YUM! And low in carbs too!

now...back to work :)
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Daily Check in for Monday

Food - Logged & under
    Water - 1 litre
    Exercise - physio & 6277 steps

Still sick & got antibiotics as we all have strep throat. Not fun, but maybe this will help with weight loss?! Still managed to get some work done & help my son with his science fair project.

@nstephenson01 - Lovely photo!! Hope that you had a great walk!
  • cyndiesstuff
    Options
    @amsandos that is perfect. I am glad you got rid of them. I am with you, I can't face down temptation. better to keep it out of my face. for sure. I am proud of you. look at the new you go!

@hope002 do you know how it went wrong? spend some time thinking about it and then right out a new plan on what you will do instead. this is hard you need a plan. writing it helps you commit to it.

@nstephenson01 oooohhhh now your dinner sounds yummy. and your right the weight of meat can be deceiving. good catch. yeah washing it was not a good idea in hind sight. lol. and that picture is gorgeous. I would have that printed and hang it on my wall. so pretty.

@sleepymom5 such a busy person. phew. its exhausting keeping up with you. lol. your energy is amazing. keep it up your doing great.

@carlsoda ohhh turnip fries sound yummy. do you like your air fryer? I have been thinking about getting one.

@Cafelelia ewhhhh strep throat. that is dreadfully painful. gargle with salt water. hope you feel better soon.
  • phoebe112476
    phoebe112476 Posts: 269 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Yoga again this morning. Was nice to be back in the class after having to take several days off with the snow causing cancelations and a few busy days at work throwing off my yoga time. I did do Yoga with Adrienne on two of the recent days. I had the kids in their rooms to have "quiet time" and that part went well - but I still much prefer the class format. I did complete the full 45-50 minutes each home "class" though - so I am glad I seem to have made it past my barriers to at least get some yoga in at home. Nice loss this morning but this past week my weight was up; glad to see it fall the morning of my weigh in. This is my lowest weight in many years. Hope you all are having a good day!

@sleepymom5 - The menu plan I use is just a menu plan. It does not send me any of the food. Although it does allow my to easily make a grocery list for the meals I choose and does connect to the various shopping services like instant cart/shipt/etc. I love this one (emeals - quick and healthy) because the meals are quick and healthy with variety. I usually choose 3 meals at a time and then repeat when I am on the last day. Usually we eat out or have left overs a day or two a week so I end up using the meals 5-6 days most weeks. I have been happy and the cost is low for a year of menu planning.

@cassiegetsfit2013 - Regarding the yoga mat - I bought super cheap $5 mats for my kids a while back and just started with those. They were a bit hard on my knees so I bought a more expensive one a few days ago, but I kept sliding all over the mat. Prefer the super cheap one - lol! I decided to stack them up. The cheap one on top of the more recent purchase and that worked well the last few days for my knees and the anti-slide effect. I hope you find the one you bought a good fit for you. Consider stacking if needed :smiley: And I hope you find yoga as fun as I have. Oh and I love the prime shipping.

@mrsbell8well - I am a few ounces from my 40 pounds loss also. Seems like quite an accomplishment. Congrats to you as you approach this milestone! You are quite an inspiration to me (and I am sure others) on this group. Thanks for sharing your journey. I hope your job interview went well.

@cyndiesstuff - Thanks for the shout out about my weight loss. I was up the last several days and just lost again for the first time this week this morning (down more than a pound from all my recent weights). Funny how the scale can be - but has been consistent for me over time since I started counting my calories; so I can't complain. Your attitude about your weight increase was so good and reinforces my attempts to see the daily scale fluctuations for what they are - not that important and not reflective of fat gain/loss. I need to keep my eye on the long term trend which has been very good to me in the recent several months. The new yoga place nearer to my house was a disappointment. I need to find a time to try it out again. The vast majority of the class are "hot yoga" which I have no desire to try - but might give it a go once to make sure I won't enjoy it. I went to one of the only normal temp classes they offer and did not enjoy the class much. It was more focused on meditation and gentle stretches (which is fine, but not what I am looking for). I plan to try a "warm yoga" class in the next few days just to give it one more go before giving up. It is close and would be nice to have another option on days the classes at my preferred location don't fit my day.

@Cafelelia - I hope you feel better soon! This winter illness season is such a bummer.

Off to pick up a kid from a class and then cook dinner. Looking forward to tonight's meal - Bacon Wrapped Fig Glazed Chicken Tenders with Spring Mix Spiral Beet/Butternut Squash Salad. Hope it is as yummy as it sounds. Then me and my girls are planning a bit of a movie night after dinner. Fire in the fire place and diffuser sending lavender into the air. It is going to be a good evening.
  • phoebe112476
    phoebe112476 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    @nstephenson01 - Awesome photo and so good you can get out in the "fierce cold." I just can't make myself get out in the cold weather to walk like I was when it was just somewhat cold. Sitting on the couch with my warmest sweater and a few fleece blankets looking at the snow outside is as far as I have gotten to seeing the view in your photo. It is inspiring . . . but probably not enough to get me out walking in the cold. Hope your Willow is feeling better and back to normal walks with you soon.
  • cyndiesstuff
    Options
    @phoebe112476 I am so glad you are continuing with the yoga. it is so good for you. and your dinner sounds totally yummy! let us know how it turns out.

@twyla77 good job on getting rid of those chocolates. I remember one time a client bought me a box of chocolates, I was very appreciative and when the next client came in they were very appreciative too because I gave them to them! lol What a great perk! Spa day, lucky. do you like the people you work with?
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @nstephenson01 Love the pic!
    @phoebe112476 congrats on loss! Great job with yoga dedication.
    @ashleigh1178 impressive!!! I love your determination.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    The last few years I have declared a "word" of the year. Last year was comfort. This year I am still seeking the right word for me. Transformation? Celebration? Rejuvenation? I don't know. Does anyone else do a word of the year? If so what word describes your energy for 2019?
    Anyone else want to play?
This discussion has been closed.