TEAM WEIGHT NO MORE JANUARY 2019 TEAM CHAT

Options

Replies

• nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options

Gotta run... today is cardio then watching football. Go Chiefs and Saints!! Have a great day everyone!!

That's who I was rooting for too. I literally don't even want to watch the super bowl -____-

@DananaNanas It’ll be the first super bowl in a while that I’m not going to watch.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Daily Check In for Sunday
    Food - Logged & under
    Water - 800 ml
    Exercise - Physio ad 8112 steps

Busy day today and almost forgot to check in!

So many amazing losses! Congratulations to @eminatoer, @bmaison2014, @carlsoda, @jedaschultz, @gottagetthisdown & anyone else who I missed here!!

@mrsbell8well - keep those food photos coming! Love your clothes & the organizing too!

@cyndiesstuff - Sorry that you are still not feeling well & hope that you are better soon!

@sleepymom5 - Hope all is well in Florida! This komono phase of the tidying is really long & kind of tricky. The boys & I finished the kids’ toys & crafts yesterday and it was quite emotional, in an unexpected way. It feels great now that we are done, and my boys love it too as they have moved on from a lot of the kiddy stuff. Always considered myself organized, but the approach of organizing by category & focusing on what sparks joy (not what to pitch) is a real game changer for me.

@CassieGetsFit2013 - I am so sorry about your gain, and I have been there, very recently in fact. It is really hard to experience particularly after past success at losing. Hope that you are managing the depression as best you can, and I think that posting here can be helpful. Big hugs to you!

• hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Daily check in for Saturday
    Food: not bad
    Water: about 10 cups
    Exercise: skating 1 hour
    Steps: 1864 (my galaxy watch does not count any steps when I skate)

Daily check in for Sunday
    Food: good
    Water: 12 cups
    Exercise: Yoga 75 min, skating 75 min, treadmill 30 min
    Steps: 9106

@czvanut I can see a big difference between the 2 pics you posted, keep at it

@Mrsbell8well yay for getting down to size 10!!! To answer your question: I live in Calgary, Alberta

@cyndiesstuff get well

@sleepymom5 snacking at night is my big problem too. Sometimes I go to bed at 8, just so I will stop the snacking :)
  • twyla77
    twyla77 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Daily log in for: Mon Jan 21
    Logged: over
    Water: 8+
    Exercise: went to the gym, did my 28-Day Challenge and my 2nd yoga challenge!
    Steps: 19,981

ugh i ate too much today 😩
  • amsandos
    amsandos Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    daily check in monday
    food on target with exercise
    water on target
    exercise swim 45 mins

Thank you to everyone for your support and suggestions. I am thinking about making some tweaks. I am really bad at getting my full sleep quota which I think is making my weight loss hard. As I want to snack and it buts me in a bad mood and sleep. It is tricky fitting everything in work, mothering, etudying, training etc. So I am varying my routine which means I should get to bed earlier. I am also varying my eating. I am going to pay more attention to what I eat. I am not quite ready to vary when I eat. I just love eating so much. Definately the amount of veg I have been eating has dwindled a bit so I need to get back on that. Eating lots of veg does fill me up. I will reduced the amount of fruit I eat to bring down my carb intake.
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    @Ashleigh1178 Awesome loss for the week and yay for hitting the 170s! As for "seeing a monster in the mirror," I understand, but focus on the positive changes you're seeing and also think about how you're feeling. Do you have a little more energy? Are clothes fitting better? People are noticing your progress, celebrate that. Love yourself. You've got this!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,452 Member
    Options
    0wtziwkpu0ry.jpeg

Tuesday's weigh in's still due
    @lyssysho26
    @Phoebe112476

Wednesday's Weigh In's
    @czvanut
    @IHP2015
    @Mrsbell8well

Thursday's Weigh In's
    @bbcbw
    @Ljdanny
    @Nstephenson01
    @Shirin_K
    @cyndiesstuff

• phoebe112476
    phoebe112476 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Have been out of town staying in hotels from Friday-Monday. Raised my calories to maintenance by choice/goal during the travel. Ate out all meals and snacks. Did not have my food scale so having to estimate much more than I normally do. Did not do my yoga. I am so glad with my weight today! First time I have been able to weight since Friday (normally I weight every morning). It was such a good lesson in trusting the process a bit more and trying to apply what I have been learning without all the support of my daily weights, food scale, and meal planning.

I have been contemplating a "diet" break in the near future. After reading some information about how taking ~2 weeks to eat at maintenance during a longer stretch of deficit allows the hormones to recover (also psychologically can have benefits). Has anyone else done this? We are traveling to Universal Studios/Orlando for a week in about a month. Thinking about eating at maintenance for the trip and maybe a week before or after. Anyone have any thoughts about this? I sure have enjoyed my weight loss progress but I want this to be successful long term and to have fun along the way.

@sleepymom5 - The Emeals Quick and Healthy meal plan is not hard. I am not good in the kitchen. I love this meal plan because it makes things "quick." It takes 20-30 minutes for me to make dinner each night. I have learned so much about short cuts to making foods I thought were time consuming more quickly. It is more expensive though. I buy onion pre-diced and packets of quick cook microwave rice. Other things like this. But it is healthy and we like the variety. I am not good with making or eating the same 10 meals and rotating.

@bmaison2014 - How are you doing this week? I am so glad you are in the group. We all understand your struggles and want to be here also for the success (it will come).

@shirin_K - I love your word - balance. I have been working on this diligently for a few months. Taking some important steps in that direction with work in the coming months (cutting back). For me the whole weight loss journey is about putting more balance and making the time to move my health and well being from the bottom of the priority list up towards the top. Thanks for posting your word of the year.

Okay - off to take the car to the mechanic to try to fix the high pitched noice the heat vent is making (so annoying) and then off to yoga class. It will be so good to be back after the break. I hope you all have a great day!
  • DananaNanas
    DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member
    Options

Gotta run... today is cardio then watching football. Go Chiefs and Saints!! Have a great day everyone!!

That's who I was rooting for too. I literally don't even want to watch the super bowl -____-

@DananaNanas It’ll be the first super bowl in a while that I’m not going to watch.

I'm still on the fence. My husband and I usually go to our friend's house for a super bowl party and I kind of want to protest and stay home but the NFL is really not going to be affected by me passive aggressively turning it off this year. Every year my husband and I always pick a team to go to the super bowl in like the first week of the season and this year I picked the Chiefs and HE picked the Saints. It would've been so exciting if it had turned out that way!!
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Daily check in for: Monday
    Logged: no
    Water: 32oz
    5110 steps

Had good intentions yesterday. But just didn't have the energy to continue. So I quit and layed back down on the couch. I am back at work today. Feeling sluggish and underwhelmed. My energy has been zapped.

@Mrsbell8well You girl, always amaze me. Boundless energy. I get tired just thinking about how much you do in a day.

@pacsnc6 The challenge is pretty hard. But just imagine the health benefits of sticking to it.

@lenka1 I have done trending apps before. they really do show your real progress.

@gottagetthisdown 4 pounds down. that is wonderful. good job.

@sleepymom5 ohhh no. snacking at nite is tough. I agree. I won't go and get something to snack on but if its there. I will eat it. and not a slow day here at work. we are booked with appts. all day. ughhh.

@Zumba_Luvah wow! sounds like you really did have a great day. good job at writing down your goals.

@jedaschultz nice loss. keep it up. your doing great.

@carlsoda oh noooo! I hope you feel better soon. It really seems to drag you down.

@bmaison2014 good job on that weight loss. I know you have been struggling. how are you feeling?

@nstephenson01 woooo who. snow shoveling burns tons of calories. awesome

@ljdanny it certainly has been cold. poor dog doesn't even want to go out and go to the bathroom!!

@eminater ahhh yes! the weekend got you. how do we change that weekend mentality?

@Cafelelia thanks for stopping by and checking in. it's nice to hear that you are on track and doing good.

@hope002 wow. you had a great weekend. good job at sticking to your goals.

@twyla77 sometimes we eat to much for no reason at all. we are human. pick up and move on. you can do this.

@Ashleigh1178 nice loss!!! some times it takes a while for you to see it in the mirror. embrace the new you.

@amsandos you are right about the sleep. you body needs sleep to work properly. and if your going to eat fruit, eat fruit that is high in fiber, like berries.

@phoebe112476 maintains are good. especially since it was planned. good job.

• Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Daily Check in for Monday
    Food- Logged & on target
    Water - not enough
    Exercise - Physio & 9169 steps

So far so good on the no junk food & yoga pose challenges. No chocolate but it has been tough. Made chocolate chip, coconut squares for the kids & did not eat any!
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    @ljdanny your protein balls sound exactly like mine, but I also add a tablespoon of chia seeds and I use dark chocolate chips. I absolutely love them. They are 4 WW points, which is a lot for a small treat, but so worth it!
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Hello all and Happy Tuesday! It is bitter cold here! Yesterday & today, just horrible, bitter cold & windy! It is supposed to warm up tomorrow & Thursday.

I am feeling good, been back on track since Saturday with my food and exercise, the scale has gone done. I enjoyed my day off yesterday. I decided to do some cooking. I made slow cooker turkey chili, lentils soup and these 2 ingredient bagels that everyone from WW make. They are only 3 points, which is low for a bagel. My family was happy, they enjoyed the food.

Despite the bitter cold, I am heading to the gym after work, I have to stay on track! I prepped my food for the day and I will eat something light for dinner. I am following IF, so I am going to try to have a protein shake or bar before I head to the gym so I will be done eating within my 8 hour window.

@cyndiesstuff feel better!

@sleepymom5 good luck getting your daughter back to school. Feel better!

@Mrsbell8well your food always looks so good! I'm sure it was delicious!

@phoebe112476 I think if you can maintain while on vacation, that is great! Most people gain, so if you can plan well and not gain, more power to you!

Have a great day & week! :smile:
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the support everyone and sweet comments! @nstephenson01 yes indeed we very much enjoyed your cauliflower farro dish. Thanks for sharing!
    @sleepymom5 my prayers are with you Pam as you embark on this journey. Take it one day at a time. You an do this!!! xoxo
    @cyndiesstuff It cycles. Some days we just need to throw in the towel and rest.

Daily check in Monday
    food on target for the most part
    water-better
    exercise- C25K 5/6/5 mins walk/run/walk
    steps-10,839
    Yoga day 21

Yesterday was a pamper day for me. I took a long bubble bath, did a face mask, pore cleanser, waxed and all the girly groomy things we do. In the afternoon we got our pedicures. My toes look so pretty.
    I made a beefless vegan vegetable stew with sweet potato tortillas. So very very delicious! I had to send Molly out to buy me a bottle of red wine. I haven't had alcohol in over 3 months but decided I would use it for the stew.
    Tastes like traditional beef stew and the house smelled so wonderful.

Sooooo my weigh in is tomorrow. You all know how that messes with our heads. This morning I am wearing the nicest size 10 black slacks, with thermal underwear under them, and they fit great. I look thin! Now those of you that have been on this journey with me from the beginning always hear me harping how health is my number one priority not a number on a scale. Well...something in me seems to have shifted. I have never really worn anything smaller than a size 10 in my adult life (except for a few rare occasions). Now I am looking at the possibility of losing another 20 pounds so I can be in the "normal" weight range. It turns out that I do care what the number is on the scale. I am eating light today knowing that it will affect my weigh in.
    My daughter has really taken my life style and ran with it. She is now following a vegan diet for the last 2 weeks and has given up sugar and coffee as well. She has turned me on to Dr Greger "How not to die" and his system. I am loving his ideas. He has an app called Daily Dozen. I looked that over and it sounds a lot like what I am doing but more detailed. I eat 1-2 servings of beans a day and now 1 serving of grain a day. His plan has you eating 3 servings of beans a day and 3 grains daily. I just stared at that app and thought "geez, I can't do that". I would gain weight. And that is what really got me thinking. I must be on a "diet" and not realized it. I do want to lose weight. So I am thinking his system could very well be what I plan to eat when I am at maintenance. Hopefully I will be burning more calories and it would all balance out. I do want to eat for health as well and that means finding the right quantities that work best for me.
    This journey of ours goes on and on.
    I am also working with my mental awareness to allow for smaller size clothes and a smaller body. I have very thin legs and arms so I probably do need to be at the smaller sizes. But I also become a little self-conscious of looking "anorexic". I want to look healthy and strong. So for today I will continue to work towards that magical 142 scale number and continue to "diet" to get there. No chocolate coconut balls for me today.
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    @Cafelelia that is awesome that your sticking to the challenge. good job!!

@kirsten11872 look how fast you rebuild that string. nobody said it would be easy but it surely is worth it!!

@sleepymom5 I am praying for you on this trip. if you need to talk you know where I am at. don't worry about this stuff. we will pick up any slack. take care my friend and fly safe.

@Mrsbell8well I am still not feeling up to par and am wondering if it may have something to do with me giving up on that food plan. I am so glad that you are finding your way. this is a long tough journey. not for the faint of heart. and you are meeting the challenges with a beautiful smile. today, you are my inspiration.
This discussion has been closed.