TEAM: The Slimsons (February)

Options

Replies

• AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options

It went pretty well except for one snafu that was my fault. I decided to saute in a pan instead of the Instant Pot because I didn't see the saute option at first. I ended up burning one side and it smoked up the house so badly that it set off all the fire alarms. It took forever to get them to shut off. After lots of open windows and fans plus talking to the alarm company ...all was well. The meal was GREAT!!! I did let the pressure release naturally and the meat was really tender. The only change I made was I didn't use a full teaspoon of cayenne pepper. I sauteed some zucchini and onions to go with the beef. I will definitely make it again. Thanks for the recipe!!
    @CindyJNC1963 I'm glad it went well, I think it's one of the easier things you can cook and there's not a lot of hands on time with it, or skill necessary to make it, and it definitely makes enough for multiple meals, glad you liked it!!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Wildmage69 wrote: »
    Hi team!

My name is Dave, and this is my first time in a challenge. I’m currently 260.2 (started at 405, many years ago) and would like to get to 210. I’ve been kind of struggling lately, bouncing between 250 and 260 and so I’m looking for a little motivation. Hoping to contribute to the team!

@Wildmage69 Welcome Dave!! You've done an amazing job so far, congrats on the losses so far!!
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    Daily Post

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Water 115oz
    Exercise no
    Goals/comments
    So I my meals prep before hand treatment tried a new recipe this week put black beans and kidney beans in my meat sauce before mixing it with my whole grain spaghetti. Been craving spaghetti for awhile now but made it so I'm getting lots of vegetables by adding California blend vegetables as well made 12 servings and its delicious
  • Bm00re2u
    Bm00re2u Posts: 426 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes

Did running intervals in the park this morning, then got ready for the Superbowl party with friends! We watched the Puppy Bowl during breaks and WWE Halftime Heat during halftime which was highly entertaining
    🐕🤼‍♂️😂
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was super busy and I didn’t check in. Soooo much to catch up on. Saw lots of great losses. Great job everyone!!!!!!!

So my husband and I started a lower carb diet last week. We both did very well. I had friends come into town thurs and they went home early yesterday. And even with eating out with them I did ok. I definitely went over, but if I got a hamburger I would eat it without the bun (stuff like that) so I did ok. But man for Super Bowl yesterday- it was NOT good. Lol. But back to what we started last week with watching our carbs.
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    GOOD MORNING TEAM SLIMSONS!
    WELCOME TO DAY 2

We have been talking about how important water is to our weight loss for months now in our Challenges so some of you are probably on point and do not need this motivation tip. I want everyone to be healthy as they are on this journey to the new you.

So this month I Challenge each of you to up your daily intake of water by 8oz (only those of you who have not reach your maximum)

8zg10o8euwv5.jpg

Remember WE ARE IN THIS TOGETHER AND I AM ROOTING FOR YOU GUYS!! :D:)

Make it a beautiful day!
    Regards,
    Glorious Gloria

Thanks for sharing Gloria. Have a fabulous day!!!!!
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Bm00re2u wrote: »
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes

Did running intervals in the park this morning, then got ready for the Superbowl party with friends! We watched the Puppy Bowl during breaks and WWE Halftime Heat during halftime which was highly entertaining
    🐕🤼‍♂️😂

Great burn before the party, huh! You go girly! Oh yes I turned to Puppy bowl to I got it at halftime the kitty's were so cute playing the band and the jungle gym.
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    vicky2767 wrote: »
    Yesterday was super busy and I didn’t check in. Soooo much to catch up on. Saw lots of great losses. Great job everyone!!!!!!!

So my husband and I started a lower carb diet last week. We both did very well. I had friends come into town thurs and they went home early yesterday. And even with eating out with them I did ok. I definitely went over, but if I got a hamburger I would eat it without the bun (stuff like that) so I did ok. But man for Super Bowl yesterday- it was NOT good. Lol. But back to what we started last week with watching our carbs.

So proud of the changes you are making. This is what I did myself and I have been dropping more than gaining. So you may have some slip ups here and there but as longs as you are on track 90% of time you're going to see changes but best of all you have a partner to support that's always extra motivation.
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    CindyJNC1963

Week #1

Original starting weight: 273

PW: 230.1
    CW: 230.1

Officially at a plateau. It will pass.
  • sharpham42
    sharpham42 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Username:sharpham42
    Week: February Week 1
    PW =(previous weight)174
    CW=(current weight) 174
    I haven’t weighed in since Saturday.
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    sharpham42 wrote: »
    Morning all. My name is Sandy and I’m a newbie and I really want to meet my goal of loosing 50 lbs this year. My motto is it didn’t take one day to put all my added weight on and it’s not going to come off in a day either. I look forward to this challenge

Welcome Sandy
  • AB0215
    Options
    sharpham42 wrote: »
    Username:sharpham42
    Week: February Week 1
    PW =(previous weight)174
    CW=(current weight) 174
    I haven’t weighed in since Saturday.

@sharpham42 Your weigh in isn't scheduled until Saturday, since that's your weigh in day, you'll be posting on Saturday unless you'd like to change the day.
  • AB0215
    Options
  • moosemoose123
    moosemoose123 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!
    I hope everyone has a great start of this work week. Thanks for the chart @gjaholy33 . It inspired me to pick up a large Trenta water from Starbucks along with my coffee. I hope to refill this at least twice to increase my water intake!! I’ll update you if that worked out by tonight!

Weight Update:141.9
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    @AB0215 I am out of town for a funeral without access to a scale. I will weigh on Wednesday when I get back home. Sorry for the inconvenience.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,819 Member
    Options
    Sunday Check in
    Calories: under
    Water: over
    Exercise: no,

Monday Plan
    - Food on plan
    - Water over
    - walk on ,the treadmill , do workout videos
    -30 here today staying in side today. no aquasize. got up this morning, planed supper making speggitti and spegetti squ
  • Beckymomof3girls
    Beckymomof3girls Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Daily Post- Sunday
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise no

I’m still coughing from being sick a couple of weeks ago. I’m going to focus on walking this week and hope I can get back to running (slowly) next week.
This discussion has been closed.