WEIGHT NO MORE - March 2019

Replies

• pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Well we just finished making funeral arrangements when I got a call from my cousins. They had to rush my mom to the Er. She’s having problems breathing. We are 2 1/2 hours away and heading back home to the hospital. Geez

So sorry to hear this. Hopefully your mom will be OK.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Good day! Tomorrow I have an unexpected day off. I have a few calls I could make but I don't have to. Once of my offices rescheduled and I rescheduled my am appointment because we have MKs follow up appointment at the doctor. She is doing well but I really want her off this additional medicine.

@gottagetthisdown I think I am going to make the same goal for this week. I need to just eat what I plan too. I have one day down-6 to go!
    @carlsoda What crazy weather. From all that snow to getting rain later in the week. Fingers crossed you don't get the flooding. Sounds like you did well this weekend-8k steps being indoors AND yoga sound good to me!
    @Mrsbell8well I can't believe what bad timing! I hope your Mom is ok . Keeping you all in my prayers.
    @kirsten11872 You have been really doing awesome! I wouldn't worry about your weight being up, I swear that happens after you have a heavy dinner. Idk if it is the cheese or the sodium in the sauce. Even if I don't overeat, I seem to be up the next day. It will come right back down.
    @jedaschultz Nice loss! Almost in onderland! How is everything going?
  • sleepymom5
    lvoq0hfgffjp.jpeg

Monday's weigh ins still due
    @bmaison2014
    @NuggetBrain

Tuesday's Weigh ins
    @eminater
    @Phoebe112476
    @Ashleigh1178

Wednesday's weigh ins
    @GingerPwr
    @IHP2015
    @Mrsbell8well
  • beckm2022
    beckm2022 Posts: 298 Member
    bmaison2014
    March Week 2
    Previous weight: 204.4
    Current weight: 204.4

• phoebe112476
    phoebe112476 Posts: 269 Member
    @mrsbell8well - All my warmest thoughts and prayers for peace in this time of great suffering for your family.
  • NuggetBrain
    NuggetBrain Posts: 526 Member
    User ID: NuggetBrain
    Week Number: Week 2
    Previous weight: 264.2
    Current weight: 262.6
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,984 Member
    @Mrsbell8well Oh my gosh you've been through the wringer. Prayers for Molly and for your mother. Don't forget to take care of yourself through all this too.

Phoebe112476 I'm so glad you have found a form of exercise you love! Yoga is so versatile because it can be challenging or restorative based on your needs.

Wasn't very hungry yesterday. Got in about 60 oz of water and did my ab challenge.
    I'm going to start an arm challenge today!
  • sleepymom5
    Check in for: Monday
    Logged food: yes and under
    Water: 96 oz
    Exercise and Steps: 45 min Leslie Sansone video and 10,018 steps

Ugh! I keep forgetting to hit complete on my diary! I had a good day yesterday. Today I plan to do the same! No reason not to. I am back to reading the Beck Diet Solution. I am just going to keep going over the same days with the issues I have. I really need to work on this hunger that isn't really hunger. In one of the podcasts with PNP, she described what I do perfectly. She said to think of it like a gas tank, we get a little hungry and we go and top off the tank again and it hasn't even gone close to empty yet. She said it much better of course but that is exactly what I do. As I told you before, I got the frozen dinners for while Shannon is away. I think this is a good week to work on the hunger and eating until satisfied. There is no way I can take second helpings Lol! Today is an unexpected day off (except a few calls) so I am going to make up for my lazy weekend. Today is MKs doctors appointment too. She seems much better but I want her off this additional medication. Oh well, I need to get moving! Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

@bmaison2014 Nice job maintaining. Hope all is well
    @Mrsbell8well How scary! I hope your Mom is doing better. I used to work in Critical Care for 10 years. She will get great care there. I am glad you got home to be with her. Prayers and hugs to all of you.
    @phoebe112476 I am so happy you decided to challenge yourself and take the next level of yoga. Sounds like it is a perfect fit! You crack me up too with the pigs flying-you are doing awesome in this new lifestyle that you ACTUALLY love! Who would think! You are very inspiring! I need to get myself to love what I am doing or get into a routine that I love. I know the summer I will with all I do at the shore, right now exercise is a chore. I will figure it all out eventually. When I get discouraged I look back how far I have come and all the changes I have made.
    @NuggetBrain Nice loss!! Great job! Hope all is well!
    @ihp2015 Oh no! I am not surprised. It is so unlike you to miss a weigh in or not check in. I am happy you like your job though. I hope you check in and keep us posted how you are doing. I want to keep cheering you on. Do you want to be on the cheer squad or just rejoin when you are ready?
    @GingerPwr I love how you just keep challenging yourself! I should do some of those 30 day challenges. Hope you have a great day!
    @cyndiesstuff Hope all is well with you too. It is not like you to not check in. Hopefully you are just busy. Hugs!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,423 Member
    Good morning everyone! Before I post about yesterday I have a non-scale VICTORY - I had my breakfast this morning, coffee with my non-dairy sugar free creamer and now drinking water. All of a sudden I was craving a lemon lara bar. Yeah don't need it since my breakfast was full of healthy fats and protein. It's total sugar cravings - that's it. Once I realized what it was it went away. Yeah not interesting in eating a lara bar just because of a sugar craving!

OK...now on to yesterday!

Great day with lots of water, good food and steps. I did want to do yoga as well but ran out of time. I'm planning to do yoga tonight. Oh and I'm going to try a new recipe tonight. It's a Whole30 Coconut Chicken Curry with cauliflower rice. Send positive vibes it turns out well! I love curries!!

@Mrsbell8well - sending hugs and prayers!!!

@iph2015 - oh man sorry to see you go. However I am so happy you are loving your job. Remember we are hear for you if you need us!!
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Check in for: Sunday and Monday
    Ate terrible
    Water: lots both days
    Steps: lol, I have been sick sooo ahhh no.

I am feeling some better today. Sorry I was a no show yesterday. I have been really struggling mentally. Took mom to the urologist. they said there is nothing they can do. its just a fact of her life. I have been eating way to much. between the pain, the headache, the stress and a hundred other things I am just not doing it. it is not an excuse. I am putting my food in my mouth. but it is what it is.

@Mrsbell8well I love it when the house is filled with laughter. your a lucky girl. I can just imagine you dragging your pup up the hill. it must have been quite a scene. give molly my love and condolences. I am praying for you and your family. and I am thanking God it was swift. omg and now your mom is sick too? ohh know, you be careful to take care of you in this crazy process.

@sleepymom5 your fine. you just keep plugging away. you will get there. omg. you threw away cake. I am soooo proud of you. look at the new you go! sorry I have been mia. been really struggling with my mental issues. great job at planning your week. it will help you be successful with all the new changes you have been going thru. I would be careful about taking mk off the med to soon. but your a nurse, you know this. sometime it takes longer to heal the brain than we realize. I am praying for her. this is a tough thing to deal with and has such a stigma to it.

@amsandos you made it to the 130's!! omg girl you are doing great, one slow week didn't stall your progress for a minute. good job also at continuing listening to the podcasts. way to up your game. and happy birthday to you too!!

@carlsoda that's what happened with us too. no really snow, it was really windy and rain. and we do have flooding because the snow melted and the frost isn't out of the ground. the culvert is frozen shut so the water in the ditches has no where to go except over our driveway. the fields in the back are full of water. is sounds like your hand with alterations. I wish I had your skill. and I love your NSV. good job not giving into that sugar craving and for recognizing it for what it was.

@nstephenson01 good job at scheduling your exercise! you are getting there. have you decided whether you are leaving with hubby or staying home?

@CassieGetsFit2013 woooo hooo girl nice loss this week.

@pacsnc6 I do a lot of house walking. my dog thinks I am nuts. lol maybe I am.

@twyla77 yes! look at you at 126. you are doing awesome. and wow, I am not one to ask about traveling. I have a hard time staying on track and you will be gone a while. I would say just track every thing and be aware of what your doing, the good the bad all of it. and eat when your hungry and stop when your full.

@phoebe112476 that dinner looks soooo yummy. good job at looking back on your off track as a valuable learning experience. you are really putting your new skills to work. ohh and I am so happy you upped your game on your yoga. you are really doing awesome.

@GingerPwr good job at meeting yourself where you were at. you were still able to focus on some valuable healthy options. good job.

@gottagetthisdown we will take it! nice loss my friend. ohhh girl and I like your 24 hour plan. print it out and put in by your frig. you got this.

@kirsten11872 so again the preplanning has saved the day. good job and sticking with your plan. your doing awesome.

@jedaschultz wooo whoo week two loss is major. great job. keep it up.

@bmaison2014 maintains are good. won't be long and you will be in onederland. keep it up.

@NuggetBrain nice loss. wooo whoo. lets do it again next week.

@ihp2015 ohhh your going to the cheer squad right? we will so miss you but we understand you are busy. when your schedule settles down let us know. and you make sure you stay on your healthy path. don't you quit on you!! take care friend.

• Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Update. Mom will be in critical care all day. She had a little heart attack among everything else.
    So here’s what happened...mom cooked mountains of food for 12 family members for 3 days. BBQ ribs, macaroni salad, pizza, cheesecake, boxes of see’s chocolate candy, tamales, lots of high fat, sugar food etc, did not take her mountain of meds and skipped dialysis.
    The doctor this morning said he didn’t think she was going to make it last night. Her lungs were full of liquid and she was in major panic mode.
    Thankfully she is now stabilizing.
    I have to say folks...where is the fun in this. What a fantastic fun weekend she had. But can’t we have fantastic fun times with out destroying our health? I can assure you listening to my mom begging for death last night...that’s not fun.
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    @Mrsbell8well I am so sorry you are going through so much at once! Keeping you in my prayers! Hang in there! xoxo
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    @Mrsbell8well omg girl, you have been thru so much. hang in there and I will be praying. that must have been soo scary.
  • sleepymom5

@carlsoda What an awesome NSV! The more you do it, the easier it becomes. I am working on this myself. Your dinner sounds so good! You seem to be a good cook so I am sure that it will be delicious!
    @twyla77 Wow! Sounds like fun! I have to agree we have a lot of good junk food here in the US, I am sure that is a big contributor to our obesity problems. I would suggest you make a plan for all of your trips. I know that you don't have a ton of control with dinners probably but plan what you can. Also try to enjoy, if there is a few junk food items you enjoy, plan them in your day. The same with the buffet, have a plan. Or plan to eat half of everything you like, make it enjoyable but you also don't want to set yourself back. Plan some activity too in the first two. I got a lot of walking done in Vegas too but I was on vacation not there for work. I really think you can have a great time on all your trips AND stay on track. Also the eat when you are hungry and stop when you are full is great advice but can be hard to do with temptations around. I was able to do it in New York the other weekend but I was there for one day.
    @Mrsbell8well She didn't go to dialysis?! I know it is such a huge time commitment but now she sees how important it is and what happens if she doesn't go. Poor little lady, what a horrible way to learn a lesson. I hope she recovers quickly and is home soon. How scary, for all of you. I can totally relate to the whole mental aspect of this. It is crazy with how you have been living this life style and loving it and how quickly it all changes with stress or emotions. I am glad you stayed on track and didn't give in. You were even saying that when you were by your MILs that it was getting a little difficult. It is huge that you got through all of this AND stayed on track. And as a little reward-you daughter noticed how awesome you look! Hugs to you during this difficult time. Hang in there!
    @cyndiesstuff You hang in there too! Don't forget to take care of yourself with all that is going on. You have been doing great. Focus and try to just take one day at a time. Hugs

This discussion has been closed.