Baseball 25 yoga
    Run 55
    Steps 11,597
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    4/25 steps 7200
    20 minutes walk, 30 minutes raking the garden

I tried hard to get to 7500 steps but . . . .
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Username: lennoncpa
    Weigh in Week: week 4
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 138.4
    Today's weight: 138.0
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    pacsnc6
    Week 4
    Day: Friday
    PW: 167.9
    CW: 166.2
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone. I’m about to leave for Mackinac Island. I’m not sure about WiFi up there so if I don’t post here I hope everyone has a great weekend. It might snow up there but hey we can make fun out of any situation! I need to keep the same mindset I had on my trip to California. It’s so hard to lose a stinking pound but it comes back on so easily. It’s something that stuck in my mind the whole time I was there. It’s a day at a time and sometimes a meal at a time!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Check in for: Thursday
    Ate: logged and over
    Water: over 80 oz
    Exercise & steps: walking 41 min and 20 min . Steps 11,334

Not good, avoided those damn donuts and cookies all week and caved last night. Idk why. I had such a healthy food day otherwise too. Oh well, new day-today we are going to a wedding in Philly this afternoon. My husband wants to leave early, check into the hotel and go to lunch. I used to stress out and worry about things that involve food but I decided I am going to enjoy going into Philly and I already plan to eat light at lunch. The wedding is going to be the same event planners as my daughter's wedding so I know there will be plenty of healthy options. I am going with eating 1/2 not 3/4 of my meal and no more than 3 appetizers. I will have dessert but only if I have stuck to my plan by dessert time. I am also doing my 3 drink limit. The venue is huge so I am going to walk as much as my heels will allow me. Not sure about dancing as we are friends with the grooms parents but don't really know too many other people and my husband doesn't dance. So that is the plan, I need to get moving so I can get my exercise in. I won't have time to get back on here today but hopefully by tomorrow afternoon. Hope everyone has a great day!

@hope002 You are on a roll!! Another great day!
    @Mrsbell8well Awesome day for you too!
    @cyndiesstuff What a great day yesterday! Look at all you got done AND got a walk in AND stuck to your plan! WTG!! I am glad your Mom is doing a bit better. I did post the baseball stuff on the moderator's thread but now they are talking about doing the exercise minutes by exercises so more times at bat. I personally think we should keep it simple and everyone goes to bat twice, one for steps and one for total exercise. I didn't say anything because it was late and I just wanted to post and get off. I can look into it tomorrow.
    @gottagetthisdown Sounds like you are doing great! I always end up gaining after low carb BUT I bet you won't since you are working with a dietician. I hope that mentally your head is back into the game. If not, with all this success, I am sure it will be soon. Keep it going!
    @pacsnc6 Nice loss!! Also-nice day! I always am bummed when I am working hard cleaning or doing yard work and you don't get the steps you think you should. Still a good workout even with the lower steps.
    @lennoncpa Nice loss-especially with just getting back from vacation!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,457 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    y1q3s0tb12s1.jpeg

4/25 Thursday Team weight no more

@GingerPwr
    @Mrsbell8well 80 min exercise, 11,597 steps-Triple/double
    @pacsnc6 50 min exercise, 7,200 steps-Double
    @hope002 77 min exercise, 10,926 steps-Triple/double
    @carlsoda 11,754 steps- Double
    @Julie8468
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    @kirsten11872 your mom gives you good advice. I am a firm believer in, "if you don't use it, you will lose it".

@hope002 thanks for checking in!

@Mrsbell8well wooooo whoooo longest run ever! amazing girl!

@hkfleming half pound is nothing. you know how to do this. keep going. how are you doing?

@gottagetthisdown ohhh girl don't you ruin your knees. when they are shot that's it. your done. I would really rethink doing a sport that could cause irreparable damage.

@lennoncpa nice loss, you keep that up! enjoy your trip to the big mack!! honk on your way by, I live in the thumb!!

@pacsnc6 woooo whooo nice loss for you too. good job.

@sleepymom5 maintains are good. you got this. learning new skills is very important. you got this. hey and take a pair of footies and take those heels off and walk. no one cares, I do it all the time. and make a note and put it in your purse and everytime you go to the bathroom pull it out and read it. write your plan on it. you can do this. I agree with you but they are in control. I will be glad when this challenge is over.

• cyndiesstuff
    Options
    @sleepymom5 lol, you and I are posting at the same time again. you beat!!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Friday WI
    PW: 147.2
    CW: 148.2

Up, but not surprising. I haven't ate very well ALL week..wait...all month :)
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Thursday Check in
    Water: Great!
    Food: Was on plan then I forgot we had a potluck at work. I went down and had some fruit (yum!) but then saw the reeses pb cups and had some of those.
    Exercise: 11,000+ steps plus some yoga last night

I definitely need to get food under control again. Silly silly me after doing so well with Whole30.

Couple of things I have learned:
    • LaraBars are not helping me. I love them a little too much. They are Whole30, but since they are sweet I think it spikes my sugar cravings. I then become too fixated on anything with sugar in it.
    • I have been dairy free for the last week and my sinus headaches and clogginess has gone...YAY!! I need to remain diary free!
    • I've been relying too much on sweet potatoes and regular potatoes in all three meals. I looked back on my diary when I was eating low carb and I barely had any potatoes. My lunches and supper were some sort of meat, a salad with healthy fat and sunflower seeds.

I definitely feel better when I eat lower carb (no blood sugar ups and downs) and dairy free. My goal this weekend is to get prepared for next week to start eating this way again. First three days are always rough, then it gets better.

And I have the Beck Diet Solution book on hold at the library (audiobook) and should get it soon. I know how to eat healthy, I know how to exercise, I just don't know how to be consistent. However...I am much better than I used to be. I just want to continue getting better and better.
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff I am glad to hear your mom is ok :).
    So many times you impress and inspire me. Like yesterday for example: even though you were stressed about your mom, at the hospital you ate well AND got steps in - you rock. I normally stress eat a lot and do nothing in similar situations :(
  • cyndiesstuff
    Options
    4czy29wchh1u.jpg

Changing direction in your life is hard and I will use the following analogy to explain why. Imagine if you will.... a giant sand hill.

At the top of the hill, there is a giant metal ball. You push that ball down the left side of the hill and it creates a small groove in the sand. Next time when you are at the top of the hill with the same ball, you push it to the left and it is easier to push and follows the same path. Over time you hardly have to touch the ball and it goes into the groove that is now a lot deeper and the sand has become really packed down, almost like cement. The groove to the left becomes a well worn path and the ball cruises effortlessly down the hill that way.

Now imagine that your at the top of the hill and you want to start the ball rolling down the right side instead. The first time you roll it, you really have to push hard to get it started - even harder than you did when you first started to roll the ball down the left side. The balls momentum, the worn path to the left, has been cemented in by years of repetition. The ball automatically wants to go that way. But you have decided that you want the ball to go to the right. With much expended energy, you push hard to the right and the ball rolls down the right side, starting a new groove.

The second time you push the ball to the right, it becomes a little easier. Over time, the groove on the left side starts to refill with sand and the groove on the right starts to get cemented in. After the 4th or 5th time of pushing the ball down the right side, you get tired. After all, you have had to work twice as hard to make this new groove on the right. You are not only creating a new groove on the right but also changing the balls tendency to want to automatically go to the left - like it had done for years. You have worked WAY harder creating this new groove than you had worked when you started this ball rolling journey in the first place. You assume that because you have been rolling it down the right side for some time now that it will just automatically roll toward the right. You just let the ball go. Because the groove on the left was very deep, very compacted and had been created over years, the ball automatically takes the path of least resistance and also very quickly creates original groove on the left without any problem.

In order to make true change you need grit. Grit is consistency, tenacity, and perserverance. You must have grit to change the direction of the ball. It is the only way to truly change course. Eventually, the groove on the left with disappear and the easy path will now be on the right. Just keep pushing that ball down the right side of the hill.

hc1oszilokeq.jpg

s41y8ufb4aek.jpg

gcqgabc2oknn.jpg

This discussion has been closed.