Sandy's OMAD Journal

Options

Replies

• wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! It really was satisfying. I had a cup of bullet proof coffee afterwards as well. :)@LiLee2018 @asgentr
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    OMG I am just catching up on your thread and my mouth is watering with those meals......You are doing fantastic with your weight loss, and your continued commitment to quit smoking!! Proud of you ---strong lady!!! <3
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    Your meal looks yum😋 You are doing awesome👍 Keep up the good work 👏👍
  • wsandy8512
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Back To It Stats-It began on 23 March, 2019
    Start day of IF 3/23/19
    Start Weight: 223.2 lb
    Current Weight: 210.2
    Monthly Goal: 210 lb
    Overall Goal Weight: 130 lb
    Today’s Date: 4/30/19
    Today’s Plan: mini fast... garlic herb tuna w/mayo and a bullet proof coffee
    Weight Goal May: 199
    Today’s Weight: 210.2
    Height: 5’5”
    Today’s Water Consumed: Plenty
    Sleep: 6 1/2 hours (took a trozadone with 2 valerian root pills that contain melatonin)
    Description/Photo of Meals:description below
    Total cals – I don't count calories

I knew I was risking a gain by eating garlic mashed potatoes and sweet peas yesterday, as well as some snack crackers. It's all good though, I'm OKAY that I'm just .2 pounds off my monthly goal (or, I am at goal if I @Brendalea69 and round down hehe). This may not have happened IF not for the following scenario: Although I prefer homemade mashed potatoes (and I make killer ones, I must say), I decided to do an easy peasy Easter meal and bought the dairy section garlic mashed potatoes that you microwave, which my MIL (mother in law) always buys when we go there for dinner and everyone likes them. What does your MIL do when you say you're having mashed taters for Easter dinner? Say you're bringing nasty A S S store bought potato salad! Makes total sense! HAHAHAHA **Sigh** Suffice it to say, I never made those potatoes and I only took a little spoonful of the store bought salad which I did only to be polite. So, anyway, every time I opened my fridge over the past week or so those taters were staring at me and I finally caved. The whole thing says 4 servings, I maybe had 2 1/2ish and threw the rest out or I'd have totally killed off the rest in my single sitting. :-)

Here's to a successful May for all of us! I know I may be pushing an 11 pound loss, but I want out of the 200's, again, and hopefully it's the last I'll be in them for the rest of my life. :-)
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    LOL I am a mashed tater snob too :) I only like home made ones :) and being from the south --frankly nothing else will do......Way to go on only eating half with those amazing ones - I could shovel all of them in.....yummmmy….

You totally will get to wonderland by the end of May :) you are determined and strong and I can't wait to cheer you on :)…..
  • wsandy8512
    edited April 2019
    Options
    @volgirl1322 You are just the absolute sweetest and I love all the smiley's :-)

I'm considering changing the start date and ultimate goal, from here on out, to the present month. I want to try and trick my brain into seeing each new goal as ten pounds. After I reach my real goal, I'll post that at the end. Rather than "seeing and dreading" the fact I still have 80.2 pounds to go, I'll just focus on ten pound increments. Does that make sense or sound stupid?
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    I love it.....and for me, the smaller goals always motivated me way more than getting so much off at one time………..I started at 234 so I totally get where you are coming from......Make 199 your goal and then get down from there, I think that is a fantabulous idea :)

• wsandy8512
    Options
    @volgirl1322 thank you! I will do just that. 234 was my highest weight ever, I kept ten of it off for the past decade, not like 224 was much better, but still. lol
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I dont like homemade mashed potatoes at all but I do love instant mashed potatoes, I know Im weird!!! :p

Yes you did make your monthly goal!!! ;)
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    I dont like homemade mashed potatoes at all but I do love instant mashed potatoes, I know Im weird!!! :p

LMFAO Brenda, that's so freakin' random LOLOLOL

:D:D:D
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    We tend to make our own mash potatoes :yum: The whole family prefers homemade than from the shop :lol Let's us strive to do our best for the month of May! Keep up the good work :+1:
  • asgentr
    asgentr Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm a convert to mashed cauliflower with all kinds of fat and parmesan in it. You are doing an amazing job! I love the idea of small goals to keep focused.
  • wsandy8512
    Options

LMAO, I don't get it! My now ex-step brother was the same way, yet he'd totally eat baked potatoes. But, you're awesome nonetheless and especially since you said I made goal! :-)

• wsandy8512
    Options
    Start day of IF 3/23/19
    Start Weight: 223.2 lb
    Current Weight: 210.2
    Today’s Date: 05/01/19
    Today’s Plan: Clean fast... black coffee, water, black tea, green tea
    Weight Goal May: 199
    Height: 5’5”
    Today’s Water Consumed: Plenty
    Sleep: 3 1/2 to 4 hours (took a trozadone with 2 valerian root pills that contain melatonin)

My end of May goal is to lose 11 pounds, which would put me at 199. I’m so ready to leave the 200’s behind, and for good this time—it’s happened to others who’ve lost and regained a gazillion times over the years where they finally keep it off for good, so why the hell not me? 🙂

I said, “So long” to April last night and also indulged in a craving I’d been having for 3 days--which totally wrecked my plans for a mini fast day lol... I had to have a Little Caesar’s Hot N Ready pepperoni pizza. I hate nearly all of the pepperoni and cheese with a couple bits of the crust (normally how I eat those anyway because the rest is too dough-y for my liking, but I love the flavor of the sauce and toppings), as well as a 20oz Pepsi. This was at 8pm last night. I dreaded getting on the scale this morning, but I shouldn’t have. I weighed the same as yesterday and I’m still in ketosis. 😂

I give myself to permission to indulge without guilt, I just limit the indulgences so they aren’t close together. It’s not something I even do weekly. When you don’t feel guilty and know you can indulge again, you’re far less likely to throw in the towel and say, “Well, I messed up eating a ton of x, y, z so back to eating *kitten* again I go; I’ll start again on Monday!” On the contrary, at least for me, it’s more, “That was great! Time to carry on with my healthier lifestyle”

I’m still really struggling with my sleep. The trazodone has worked a couple of times, not consistently though. She told me to give it a week before upping to 2 pills at bedtime. I feel really depressed and sad about it. I feel good in my body, but lack of sleep is taking its toll on my energy and such. I really hope it starts working. I know I’d feel like a new woman if I had proper sleep. I'm ordering a weighted blanket tomorrow, I hope that helps!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    I love thatttttttttt - I'm the same way with Little Caesars! I have ZERO interest in the crust, but I'll eat a whole pizza's worth of toppings LMAOOOOO ESPECIALLY if I'm on low carb! NOM NOM NOM

I hope your sleep gets better :( That's just the worst! Great mentality on your indulgences, and I see May giving you your 11 pounds!!!!
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    I love thatttttttttt - I'm the same way with Little Caesars! I have ZERO interest in the crust, but I'll eat a whole pizza's worth of toppings LMAOOOOO ESPECIALLY if I'm on low carb! NOM NOM NOM

LOLOL, I'm glad I am not alone! Yeah, it was pretty much all of the cheese and pepperoni of their standard size pizza, so not really as nearly as I made it seem. Not sure I got all the cheese near the crust line though. hahah I thought for sure the Pepsi would push me out of ketosis though, but it didn't, so... YAY!
    hope your sleep gets better :( That's just the worst! Great mentality on your indulgences, and I see May giving you your 11 pounds!!!!

Thanks all around, my friend :-)
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    wsandy8512 wrote: »

LOLOL, I'm glad I am not alone! Yeah, it was pretty much all of the cheese and pepperoni of their standard size pizza, so not really as nearly as I made it seem. Not sure I got all the cheese near the crust line though. hahah I thought for sure the Pepsi would push me out of ketosis though, but it didn't, so... YAY!
    hope your sleep gets better :( That's just the worst! Great mentality on your indulgences, and I see May giving you your 11 pounds!!!!

Thanks all around, my friend :-)

My only problem is that I feel guilty tossing the bread...and I don't always have kiddies around to shove it off on LMAO
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    @mistymeadows2005 lololol, same exact thing my way :-)
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    Start day of IF 3/23/19

I give myself to permission to indulge without guilt, I just limit the indulgences so they aren’t close together. It’s not something I even do weekly. When you don’t feel guilty and know you can indulge again, you’re far less likely to throw in the towel and say, “Well, I messed up eating a ton of x, y, z so back to eating *kitten* again I go; I’ll start again on Monday!” On the contrary, at least for me, it’s more, “That was great! Time to carry on with my healthier lifestyle”

This is an awesome statement ---Give yourself permission to indulge I just love that.....Because at the end of the day it is up to all of us to figure out what works and what fits into our life. In the past my relationship with diets have been just like you said ---all or nothing.....I can no longer and I will no longer live like that. I failed many times because of one screw up day. Now, and for the rest of my journey I will make mindful choices to include whatever splurge I feel like and move on.

You have a super positive attitude and I love it <3

Here's to hoping your sleep improves ----that is just a drain mentally and physically when you can't sleep...….
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Lordy just mentioning pizza has made me HUNGRY! lol
    And you are so right with your indulgences without guilt. I think a lot of people would have more success if they didn't let guilt or feeling like they've failed get the best of them.