Sandy's OMAD Journal

Options

Replies

• jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    I too feel guilty for tossing food away😔 That is why I always have my OMAD with hubby so that I can pass it to him 😄 However, when I eat alone, then its a different story. Indulgence to satisfy our taste buds is better than falling off the wagon completely👍❤️
  • asgentr
    asgentr Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Yum! I can't count the number of times I've sat beside my LO watching her eat pizza while I just sigh. Every so often it is good to indulge... or I would crack! I do love keto pizza, though. I was thinking of making one this weekend. We need our own version of "Keep Calm and Keto On." KKOO?
  • asgentr
    Options
    BTW: I love your typo: "I h/ate the pizza." I relate to that. :D
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Back To It Stats-It began on 23 March, 2019
    May Start Weight: 210.2
    Current Weight: 207.1
    End of May Goal: 199
    Overall Goal Weight: 130 lb
    Today’s Date: 05/02/2019
    Today’s Plan: Clean fast... water, black coffee, green tea, black tea, herbal tea if desired
    Height: 5’5”
    Today’s Water Consumed: Plenty
    Sleep: 6 hours using advil PM and valerian root based pill with melatonin and other stuff in it
    Description/Photo of Meals:description below
    Total cals – I don't count calories

Clean fasting FTW as I lost 3.1 pounds overnight! At least in my case. Seriously, I didn't even have that kind of result when I did a 70 hour fast last month where I allowed myself some bullet proof coffee and heavy whipping cream in regular cups, I maybe had 3 cups in total between all of them.

I'm off trazodone now since I couldn't take the swelling anymore, yesterday was the worst. I do not get swollen feet unless I've hurt myself, so for them to swell like they did led to me to believe there was only one culprit. I also felt really sad the past several days, and that's not my normal personality, even though I suffer from chronic insomnia. My doctor called in a prescription for another non-addictive sleep aid called doxepin, which I already am dreading since it's another anti-depressant/anti anxiety med and she prescribed the full dose; I read earlier for insomnia they usually only prescribe 3-6mg, not 10mg. I won't wait if any weird symptoms pop up.

I'm doing another clean fast today and I know any weight loss is mostly water weight, but when I eat again it will be predominantly be, if not solely, healthy foods.
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    asgentr wrote: »
    Yum! I can't count the number of times I've sat beside my LO watching her eat pizza while I just sigh. Every so often it is good to indulge... or I would crack! I do love keto pizza, though. I was thinking of making one this weekend. We need our own version of "Keep Calm and Keto On." KKOO?

haha, I love the quote! I would crack, too, if I didn't indulge from time to time. It's when I indulge too often throughout a month where it starts becoming the norm, so I need to make sure those times are limited.
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Sandy---
    Wow congrats on the 3lb drop even though it was water weight it is still a loss. I feel sorry for you with all the sleep issues you are going through and with the side affects as well---that is so tough. Hopefully the new med will give you some relief without terrible side affects.....

Sending hugs your way <3
  • wsandy8512
    edited May 2019
    Options
    @volgirl1322, thank you. I don't understand why she's giving me such a high dose. I read the possible side effects: Some patients reported sleep-driving, sleep-walking, sleep-eating, and... sleep sex. Um, my husband is offshore, I best not be having no sleep sex with random strangers! lol I fear that more than the other sleep things, aside from sleep eating.
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    :p OMG that is hilarious......And to have sleep sex as a precaution has to mean it has happened right??? OMG imagine that clinical trial group...….

*stay safe* LOL :p
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    WOOT WOOT!!!!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    Niceeeeeeeeee babe!!!! I love the little baby clean fasts because they're, keep your body guessing a little, and give quick sustaible results... Keep it up my pretty lady :*<3
  • asgentr
    Options
    Excellent loss! You're doing the right things. You might inspire me to try a mini clean fast one day.
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Thank you all very much :smiley:
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Nice loss!!! I hope they can figure out the right sleep aid for you <3
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss! :+1:
  • wsandy8512
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Thank you wonderful ladies!!

Back To It Stats-It began on 23 March, 2019
    May Start Weight: 210.2
    Current Weight: 204.7
    End of May Goal: 199
    Overall Goal Weight: 130 lb
    Today’s Date: 05/03/2019
    Today’s Plan: Clean fast... water, black coffee, green tea, black tea, herbal tea if desired
    Height: 5’5”
    Today’s Water Consumed: Plenty
    Sleep: ZERO
    Description/Photo of Meals:description below
    Total cals – I don't count calories

Another clean fast day led to me being down another 2.4 pounds overnight for a total of -5.5 so far and I'm at the 60 hour mark, and an awesome NSV... lost 2 inches around my waist within the timeframe as well.

I think I got too worked up last night worrying about possible side effects so I didn't sleep at all--which means I also didn't have sleep sex with random strangers! Haha :-) HOWEVER, I have a butt ton of energy this morning. I finally got out of bed around 3:30 and relaxed with some black coffee before cleaning the bathroom and kitchen, and starting some laundry. I still have a lot of "ya-yas" to get out, so I will probably clean some more and fold clothes and maybe watch some Killing Eve since I already re-watched S8 E3 of Game of Thrones with my screen brightened to full so I could actually see what happened. I know I will crash and burn later due to no sleep, but that's okay, I'm not panicky anymore. I'll still probably put up some barricades just to be safe. lol

Still carrying on with my clean fast since it's helping counteract the no sleep affects and making me feel great!

Have a great Friday!!!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    You're having as awesome start to May :)

"Sleep sex with random strangers" Too funny :D
  • wsandy8512
    edited May 2019
    Options
    @Brendalea69 I sure am, though this is the first day I've really felt good and have had energy in about a week. I'm happiest with both the energy and 2 inches lost so far, I couldn't believe it. :-)

NCHI gov website has a list of possible side effects including super rare ones, it's those I got obsessed with. It also helped to see that the majority of those weird sleep encounters happen with actual sleep aids like Lunesta and Ambien, and others like them, but even so they are rare. I just don't want to be one of those rare and bizarre cases. lol
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE the great start to the month babe! Ride that energy wave while you've got it! WOOT WOOT!

I started watching killing eve a while back but only got like 3 episodes in and then stopped for some reason - I should go back to it.

STRANGER DANGER - put up those barriers! :D:D:D
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    WELL HELLO WONDERLAND :) at this rate you will be at 199 NEXT WEEK!!!! You are doing so freakin' awesome girlfriend :) That is amazing and the inches disappearing as well---what a great start to your May....

Sorry on your lack of sleep---that has to suck --but at least you were safe with no strangers in the mix :p:p

So *happy* for you <3
  • wsandy8512
    edited May 2019
    Options
    @mistymeadows2005, thank you, thank you! I shall ride the wave as long as I can :-) I instantly fell in love with Killing Eve within the first five minutes, I love those gals--even though one is a broken M16 agent and the other an evil psychopath lol. And, yep, the barriers will go back in place hehe

@volgirl1322 thanks so much! Seeing onederland next week would be awesome, I won't be heartbroken if I'm not, but it would be sweet. :-) True that to no strangers in the mix! lol