100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Options

Replies

• Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Good morning!!

Glad NS worked with you!! Sounds good!! What about the moderator? I had not thought about that being a problem!

I take so many meds, it gets tricky. It IS best to use as few as possible. The good news is I lost about 7 lbs of fluids..no wonder I felt so bad!! :#

I think things will go fine!! You have worked at your diet and eaten more healthy! It is bound to make a difference!

Wish we had your cool nights! Your bill for car is not too bad considering how much was done. I can't believe your mileage is so low!! :)

Technology is getting very scary lately and fixes and laws have not caught up!

Studies show pets suffer when their owners text too much and do too much social media, too.

Take care..hope you sleep better!! Jan
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    No adoptions again today. This was a different Petsmart...and the entire area is under heavy construction...so very light customer base. It was 101 degrees, and i was the one taking each of the adult dogs out for potty breaks. A couple years ago i gad heat exhaustion ehich makes me more susceptible to the heat. I was feeling really sick and shaky so i took my puppies home early. Had a big cup of water and electrolytes and a big salad with boiled eggs, olives, and avocado. YUMM! I feel do much better.
    Another NSV today. Ladt year I bought a Hufflefuff (Harry Potter) shirt that was as hig as they make them, but was way to small for me. It fits comfortably/loosely!

Jan - take care of you and your BP! Life gets less complicated with fewer medications. It seems they all have side effects.

Roger - I hate dar repair bills. My brain still compares everything to prices from the 70s...and everything is so expensive (relatively...except computers)!
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    This is me today in my Puff shirt.😁eypxj02wp68w.jpeg
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    How To Make A Crispy Cauliflower Pizza Crust
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aac0Db8zi6I
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I posted more humor a little while ago, Enjoy

Hi
    Currently It is 60 degrees outside. The predicted high for today is once again in the 80s :(

I'm not so sure I like our forecast for the upcoming week. Currently they are predicting rain on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. Tuesday being the day I have to drive through rush hour traffic for the pre-admission testing and little ole me not having driven through rush hour traffic since the 90s :(
    The last job I had where I started working in the mid 90s and lasted 16 years I could leave home at 9:50 AM and be at work for the 10 AM open and the return home was after the rush hour so I am not looking forward to rush hour in the rain.

https://www.foxnews.com/science/unfinished-city-future-arizona-desert
    This unfinished Arizona 'futuristic hippie commune' has a problem

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/retirement-four-in-10-americans-don-t-see-it-ever-happening-1.1269777
    Retirement? Four in 10 Americans don't see it ever happening

Hmm...
    https://ny.eater.com/2019/6/6/18652268/burger-king-impossible-whopper-nyc-fake-order
    Brooklyn Burger King Delivered Beef Whoppers to Customers Expecting ‘Impossible’
    One vegetarian ate two before realizing he wasn’t eating the popular fake meat, which won’t hit NYC outposts until later this year

Passcode, My Flip phone doesn't have one. Right to privacy ?
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/give-your-password-or-go-jail-police-push-legal-boundaries-n1014266
    Give up your password or go to jail: Police push legal boundaries to get into cellphones
    “The world should know that what they’re doing out here is crazy,” said a man who refused to share his passcode with police.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2019/jun/07/sleep-apps-backfire-by-causing-anxiety-and-insomnia-says-expert
    Sleep apps backfire by causing anxiety and insomnia, says expert

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/jun/06/radio-silence-how-the-disappearance-of-rural-stations-takes-americas-soul-with-them
    America's rural radio stations are vanishing – and taking the country's soul with them

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Good morning!!

Glad NS worked with you!! Sounds good!! What about the moderator? I had not thought about that being a problem!

I take so many meds, it gets tricky. It IS best to use as few as possible. The good news is I lost about 7 lbs of fluids..no wonder I felt so bad!! :#

I think things will go fine!! You have worked at your diet and eaten more healthy! It is bound to make a difference!

Wish we had your cool nights! Your bill for car is not too bad considering how much was done. I can't believe your mileage is so low!! :)

Technology is getting very scary lately and fixes and laws have not caught up!

Studies show pets suffer when their owners text too much and do too much social media, too.

Take care..hope you sleep better!! Jan
    Hello Jan
    I am a moderator elsewhere and with all the medical stuff I just can't concentrate on it. I plan to ask for Emeritus status in case I spring back to being 100%. OTOH I suspect that I may be somewhat off while the Liver regrows, who knows, that is one of the questions I forgot to ask.

To much water weight will do that too You.

Wow, Val is doing great.

I have not been eating healthy the last few weeks, too many cheat days.

I had almost forgotten that the surgeon had said I would be getting an epidural for pain, I'm not sure I want a needle shoved into my back.

The Cars Mileage is so low since I only run around locally. The history of the car is that Mom bought it from a friend who had bought it new and both of them used it to drive to church and the grocery store. My use similar so...

I am putting more miles on it lately running to the doctors and then the testing and that is till what it had on it when they worked on it.

Some of the technology abuses are really scary. I had a friend tell me that she turns of the GPS in her iPhone and next thing it is back on, we both feel it is some app doing that. One reason I have a Dumb phone AKA Flip phone. It doesn't even have camera.

I am not surprised that texting and social media impacts pets. It also impacts personal relationships. I felt both saddened and appalled at the diner last year where all the kids at the table spent most of the time texting and it looked like they were there with their parents and grandparent. I am a firm believed that kids only Internet use should be in the family room and only phones that can not internet or text.

I hope I sleep better too, On the other hand my mind keeps going regarding the medical when I try and sleep and No way do I want any sleeping pills beyond the Melatonin.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    No adoptions again today. This was a different Petsmart...and the entire area is under heavy construction...so very light customer base. It was 101 degrees, and i was the one taking each of the adult dogs out for potty breaks. A couple years ago i gad heat exhaustion which makes me more susceptible to the heat. I was feeling really sick and shaky so i took my puppies home early. Had a big cup of water and electrolytes and a big salad with boiled eggs, olives, and avocado. YUMM! I feel do much better.
    Another NSV today. Last year I bought a Hufflepuff (Harry Potter) shirt that was as hig as they make them, but was way to small for me. It fits comfortably/loosely!

Jan - take care of you and your BP! Life gets less complicated with fewer medications. It seems they all have side effects.

Roger - I hate car repair bills. My brain still compares everything to prices from the 70s...and everything is so expensive (relatively...except computers)!
    Hello Val
    I'm sorry to hear that no adoptions occurred :(
    I had not heard that about heat exhaustion, live and learn.
    Yesterday I stopped at the bank and opened one of the two small Safe Deposit Boxes, those were all they had, Maybe Wednesday I will open the other, In the intervening years I sort of forgot what was in them, hence the visit. One of the questions on the form I had to sign was "are all the people that can access them living. or words to that effect. My answer was since I am the only one I sure hope so.

Congrats one the NSV.

I was not paying car repair bills back then. In the 60s I worked an a gas station and learned how to do many repairs. Until cars started coming with so much electronics in them. I even did some of the repairs on my 1988 Pontiac Sunbird such as change the alternator. Now I would not have the equipment to even start working on the Buick and it is only a 1999 model.

Computers are the one area that had nice price drops, So what happens is that they become a disposable item not worth repairing which killed my last job or everyone is using smart phones and tablets which are not real repairable either :(
    This is me today in my Puff shirt.😁eypxj02wp68w.jpeg
    Nice NSV.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

And Congratulations on these too.
    hope4change_val 15 hours ago
    lost 1.4 lbs since last weighing in! Hope4change_val's lost 40 lbs so far.
    and
    hope4change_val My 40# bear is out of the sock drawer! Glad to be on the road to healthy.
    15 hours ago
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Re sleep apps causing anxiety! A while back, I was listening to one with guided imagery, on an island, driver picks up at the airport and takes you to a remote resort...pretty beaches, etc, then the driver is giving you a massage! I bolted awake. A resort driver and a professional massuse are not overlapping work scopes! So I’m panicky because im in an isolated area and the guy with the vehicle keys expects to massage me! No! I know its an app, i know I’m not really isolated or trapped. But, that’s not relaxing! So, I don’t trust those apps anymore. ☺️🤓🤣
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Good morning!

Roger, I think you will do fine with this surgery. For the most part you do all the right things and make pretty healthy decisions. The surgeries I have seen the people do really well. This is one time you should take the meds offered and as with most procedures, stay a little ahead of any pain. You want to keep it at an even keel while you are initially in the hospital. Then healing can resume better once you are home. You got this!! :)

Val, that sleep app would kind of give me the creeps, lol...I did not know they had something like that. Guess I live a sheltered life!! :D Congrats on your loss!! You are on fire!!! <3 Your pick is wonderful!!!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I did already post some humor

Hi
    Currently It is 63 degrees outside. The predicted high for today is well below normal. So far the Monday rain that carries over into Tuesday has not made an appearance.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-venezuela-economy/with-venezuela-in-collapse-towns-slip-into-primitive-isolation-idUSKCN1T823D
    With Venezuela in collapse, towns slip into primitive isolation
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7118901/Venezuelan-former-oil-workers-enter-second-week-hunger-strike.html

https://www.nextgov.com/cio-briefing/2019/06/why-some-americans-wont-move-even-higher-salary/157494/
    Why Some Americans Won’t Move, Even for a Higher Salary

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Re sleep apps causing anxiety! A while back, I was listening to one with guided imagery, on an island, driver picks up at the airport and takes you to a remote resort...pretty beaches, etc, then the driver is giving you a massage! I bolted awake. A resort driver and a professional massuse are not overlapping work scopes! So I’m panicky because im in an isolated area and the guy with the vehicle keys expects to massage me! No! I know its an app, i know I’m not really isolated or trapped. But, that’s not relaxing! So, I don’t trust those apps anymore. ☺️🤓🤣
    Hello Val
    Yikes, Not what You were hoping for was it.
    I have had dreams that woke me up and left me shaking so I feel for You with that.

Have a Good Day
    Roger

Congratulations
    hope4change_val 19 hours ago
    has logged in for 150 days in a row!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good morning!

Roger, I think you will do fine with this surgery. For the most part you do all the right things and make pretty healthy decisions. The surgeries I have seen the people do really well. This is one time you should take the meds offered and as with most procedures, stay a little ahead of any pain. You want to keep it at an even keel while you are initially in the hospital. Then healing can resume better once you are home. You got this!! :)

Val, that sleep app would kind of give me the creeps, lol...I did not know they had something like that. Guess I live a sheltered life!! :D Congrats on your loss!! You are on fire!!! <3 Your pick is wonderful!!!
    Hello Jan
    I did not take the pain meds for the hernia repair since I felt no pain :smiley:
    I suspect that this one may be a lot different given that he predicted the need for pain relief.

This last couple of weeks my eating has not been so healthy :(
    I need to buckle down when I get home. Right now I am working on eating up anything that is perishable since I hate waste.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

Congratulations, Good Loss

Buttons61 yesterday
    lost 2 lbs since last weighing in! Buttons61's lost 11 lbs so far.
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Roger -are they having you do any special pre-op diet to shrink the liver? I have that “can’t waste food” internal dialogue too. I address it by giving it away. Frustrating with the cost of food, and not always an option. Hope that you enjoyed it. When on vacation I plan to relax my dietary restrictions to enjoy the culture. We’ll see what the scale says when I return.

Jan - i guess the app makers assumed people would like that. I do overthink things...a lot!

Last night we had bad storms. Oscar (my 14 year old 100+ pound Mastiff mix) was inconsolable. Completely frightened and wanting to bolt. I confined all dogs to my room. If I hadn’t held/wrestled with him all night, he really would have injured himself running into things. We also had no electricity, so it got quite warm in my room. Today he’s fine. But this really has me worried about what could happen when I’m on vacation.

I still have 67 pounds to lose, but I’m starting to feel more human-shaped.
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Good morning!

Hope your commute goes well, with little to no rain! like riding a bike, and you probably drive much better than most of the other drivers!! :)

I did get some work done and picked up my meds. Still so much to do!! It is so humid I really do not want to stick my nose out. this might be our last day of rain for a bit. I had about 3 1/2 inches the last 2 days and more limbs down. Still working on getting the older ones up, lol... :#

I had tacos , which I have not had in a while..Sure hit the spot, and probably ate too much...I need to buckle down too! Val is holding us up!! Great weeks Val!!

Sorry about Oscar. How scary...Hopefully when you are leaving there will not be storms like summer time and he will be more his usual self.

Take care all! Prayers for a good day, Roger!! ...Jan
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I did post the new humor, Tomorrow I do not know, we will be leaving before 8 AM for the tests.

Hi
    Currently It is 70 degrees outside. The predicted high for today is normal. The Monday rain that fell was not as bad a forecast from what I could see. Tuesdays rain made an appearance overnight and currently a light rain is falling. I dread driving in it for the Pre-Admission testing today, Rain, Snow or Low visibilty seems to turn NJ drivers into Cretins. Some Drive their regular speed and other slow way down and as a result bad weather days have a plethora of crashes all over.

https://www.france24.com/en/20190609-historic-first-g20-weighs-ageing-global-risk
    In historic first, G20 weighs ageing as global risk

https://www.infowars.com/hundreds-of-illegals-from-ebola-ridden-congo-dumped-in-texas-350-more-on-the-way/
    Hundreds of Illegals From Ebola-Ridden Congo Dumped in Texas, 350 More on The Way

https://www.infowars.com/350-refugees-from-congo-overwhelming-facilities-to-deal-with-them-in-san-antonio/
    350 Refugees From Congo Overwhelming Facilities To Deal With Them In San Antonio

So Wrong IMO
    https://www.libertyheadlines.com/tsa-illegal-aliens-identification/
    TSA Lets Illegals Skip Airport Security Lines Ahead of Citizens
    The TSA lets illegal aliens board with a Form I-862, Notice to Appear…

https://nypost.com/2019/06/08/chilling-video-captures-crazed-customer-swing-machete-at-hapless-deli-clerk/
    Chilling video captures crazed customer swing machete at hapless deli clerk

https://nypost.com/2019/06/09/lyft-driver-runs-out-of-gas-gets-busted-with-17-license-suspensions/
    Lyft driver runs out of gas, gets busted with 17 license suspension

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Roger -are they having you do any special pre-op diet to shrink the liver? I have that “can’t waste food” internal dialogue too. I address it by giving it away. Frustrating with the cost of food, and not always an option. Hope that you enjoyed it. When on vacation I plan to relax my dietary restrictions to enjoy the culture. We’ll see what the scale says when I return.

Jan - i guess the app makers assumed people would like that. I do overthink things...a lot!

Last night we had bad storms. Oscar (my 14 year old 100+ pound Mastiff mix) was inconsolable. Completely frightened and wanting to bolt. I confined all dogs to my room. If I hadn’t held/wrestled with him all night, he really would have injured himself running into things. We also had no electricity, so it got quite warm in my room. Today he’s fine. But this really has me worried about what could happen when I’m on vacation.

I still have 67 pounds to lose, but I’m starting to feel more human-shaped.
    Hello Val
    So far no mention of diet, I suspect that I will find out about any restrictions today. Restrictions for a week before with anything that might thin the blood including Aspirin.

I saw an advertisement for Thunder Blankets for dogs on the TV recently. I thought that there had been a discussion about them here on the forum a while back, am I wrong ?

I hope the electricity did not stay off for a long period of time. FWIW if that happened here I would go below ground where it is cooler, Or to put it another way, go into the basement.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good morning!

Hope your commute goes well, with little to no rain! like riding a bike, and you probably drive much better than most of the other drivers!! :)

I did get some work done and picked up my meds. Still so much to do!! It is so humid I really do not want to stick my nose out. this might be our last day of rain for a bit. I had about 3 1/2 inches the last 2 days and more limbs down. Still working on getting the older ones up, lol... :#

I had tacos , which I have not had in a while..Sure hit the spot, and probably ate too much...I need to buckle down too! Val is holding us up!! Great weeks Val!!

Sorry about Oscar. How scary...Hopefully when you are leaving there will not be storms like summer time and he will be more his usual self.

Take care all! Prayers for a good day, Roger!! ...Jan
    Hello Jan
    I hope You are right, when I drove to the doctors appointment that was also at 9 AM I had to listen to my brother critique my driving. He won't drive there and park in a parking garage. He feels that his large pickup is not maneuverable enough and is too tall. No drive through for him either.

Tacos, That is one of the few foods that doesn't tempt me.

Good Luck getting the fallen limbs cleared up.
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Hope your drive is uneventful, Roger. And that all goes well with the appointment.

We did discuss thundershirts. I have one for the 50-pound dogs. Duke is the worst of that group. Even though he stops whining, he doesn’t look relaxed in the least...just like he hates the shirt and that takes his mind iff the storm.

Outage lasted 6 hours.

My stomach has been hurting terribly today. Im feeding it whatever I think could help...to no avail. It really hurts.

Stressed beyond sanity yesterday and today. My dog-friend got extremely mad at me (i had no idea anything was building). She had a litany of things she’s angry about. That was quite a shock and extremely hurtful presentation. I resigned from her Rescue. Still fostering Archie and Brutus.

Then a program manager went off on me via email. I burst into tears. I’m so exhausted and stressed. Two people called me to tell ne what a jerk he is to everyone (funny stories). Laughing and nit feeling so alone really helped.

I’m still fighting dehydration since Saturday. Horrendous headache. My body can get out of whack quickly. ☹️
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Good morning!

Anxious to hear how Tues. went. I guess I will know in the morning...Hope everything went smoothly.

1st day with no rain in a long time. I just did not muster up the energy to do too much today...And I had stuff to do.. :D It was a minimum and I am going to lunch with my daughter Weds., so I guess I will not set the world on fire Weds. either. I did spray a little poison ivy that was coming up, but all in all there is little left. That is a blessing.

Wow, Val, 6 hours without air is not good for man nor beast..as they say. At least it is restored now. I was so sorry to hear of your day. I can not believe about the rescue. I can not even imagine what led to that , especially if she had not given you a clue. It just breaks my heart about it. I know it was very important to you...not to mention important to the dogs. Is the rescue still working with you about Archie and Bruno? What happened with Fritz..did his people get him after the week end? I am just so sorry!! :'(

Both of you hang in there!! Roger, it seems like you have thought of most everything to be ready for your surgery. I hope your day is better tomorrow, Val!! <3 ...Jan
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Hi Roger- Hope all went well. I can only imagine the stress and worry. Words often seem feeble when a friend is facing a serious health issue. I hope you know how much we appreciate all you’ve done for us, and how much we care and want everything to be better for you.

Thanks Jan.I slept pretty well, so that always helps.

I read that Program Manager’s email to Emily. She was shocked. Then i read her what i had written initially ... and she said “Awe, that’s really nice! Wait...that’s what set him off?” His issue is nothing personal towards me, and i hear he treats others the same or worse.

Fritz is happily adopted. Grumpy Puppy owns Archie, Brutus, and Boudreaux. Maggie is currently traveling and said i can continue fostering. She and Grumpy Puppy will be fine without me. She is very social with many friends. She prefers only those who agree with her, and i dared to express an alternate opinion.

I will be even better without them. After resigning I had a huge feeling of relief. I will have more time and money, and once the babies are adopted, I can get my house back in order.

After Maggie’s long litany of venom and hate (in writing), she added “but I still want your help with the Rescue.” I bet. But I don’t stay in abusive and hostile relationships.