100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    I have already posted some humor

Hi
    Currently It is 58 degrees outside. The predicted high for today is below normal. I was worried about driving in for the Pre-Admission testing Tuesday needlessly. The Forecast rains for Monday were not as bad as predicted and Tuesday the rains had ended before 7 AM which was well before Sunday's weather forecast said they would. The Roads had dried off from traffic and the drive went well.
    Arrive 8:15 according to the parking ticket time stamp and paying the reduced fee after having the ticket validated at 11 AM. Then we had a problem finding the car, It was parked on the level 7 and not there. The NBPA sent a car to help us find it. It turns out that the parking garage has two level 7s, why ? One for the inbound direction and a different one on the outbound lane which is where we had been looking :(

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/how-ai-is-catching-people-who-cheat-on-their-diets-job-searches-and-school-work-2019-06-10
    How AI is catching people who cheat on their diets, job searches and school work

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10396486/100-challenge-mon-5-23-to-until-join-anytime#latest
    iOS 13 will map the apps that are tracking you

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-homeless-safe-parking-los-angeles-20190610-story.html
    16,000 people in L.A. now live in cars, vans and RVs. But safe parking remains elusive

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/amazon-led-tax-rebellion-later-100002810.html
    Amazon Led a Tax Rebellion. A Year Later, Seattle Is Gridlocked.

https://www.france24.com/en/20190610-climate-activists-blockade-cruise-ship-german-port
    Climate activists blockade cruise ship in German port

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hope your drive is uneventful, Roger. And that all goes well with the appointment.

We did discuss thundershirts. I have one for the 50-pound dogs. Duke is the worst of that group. Even though he stops whining, he doesn’t look relaxed in the least...just like he hates the shirt and that takes his mind iff the storm.

Outage lasted 6 hours.

My stomach has been hurting terribly today. Im feeding it whatever I think could help...to no avail. It really hurts.

Stressed beyond sanity yesterday and today. My dog-friend got extremely mad at me (i had no idea anything was building). She had a litany of things she’s angry about. That was quite a shock and extremely hurtful presentation. I resigned from her Rescue. Still fostering Archie and Brutus.

Then a program manager went off on me via email. I burst into tears. I’m so exhausted and stressed. Two people called me to tell ne what a jerk he is to everyone (funny stories). Laughing and nit feeling so alone really helped.

I’m still fighting dehydration since Saturday. Horrendous headache. My body can get out of whack quickly. ☹️
    Hello Val
    As far as I know the tests went well.

I would think if it takes his mind off of things it is worth doing ?

Stomach, Have You been tested for Ulcers ? With the stressful job You have that is a possibility.

It sounds as if You were in more than one Dog rescue group. FWIW some people are like that, they just build up until the explode, Often later on they feel remorse, Not all of course.

At least You ended up with a laugh from the other peoples calls.

Dehydration ? Any ideas why ? I'm guessing that You are drinking plenty of fluids.
    Hi Roger- Hope all went well. I can only imagine the stress and worry. Words often seem feeble when a friend is facing a serious health issue. I hope you know how much we appreciate all you’ve done for us, and how much we care and want everything to be better for you.

Thanks Jan.I slept pretty well, so that always helps.

I read that Program Manager’s email to Emily. She was shocked. Then i read her what i had written initially ... and she said “Awe, that’s really nice! Wait...that’s what set him off?” His issue is nothing personal towards me, and i hear he treats others the same or worse.

Fritz is happily adopted. Grumpy Puppy owns Archie, Brutus, and Boudreaux. Maggie is currently traveling and said i can continue fostering. She and Grumpy Puppy will be fine without me. She is very social with many friends. She prefers only those who agree with her, and i dared to express an alternate opinion.

I will be even better without them. After resigning I had a huge feeling of relief. I will have more time and money, and once the babies are adopted, I can get my house back in order.

After Maggie’s long litany of venom and hate (in writing), she added “but I still want your help with the Rescue.” I bet. But I don’t stay in abusive and hostile relationships.
    So far so Good, I'll be sure when they call Thursday afternoon with a time and place for the surgery, until then ...

There are people in positions of so-called power that let that allow their true inner selves show. Some one like You describe needs to be removed for any position over other people. What a shame he let loose on her :(

There are to many people like that agree with me or else. So sad.

Good Luck getting them adopted quickly.

Who can she get to do what You have done for them ? My guess is no one.

Good Luck with the rest of the week
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Good morning!

Anxious to hear how Tues. went. I guess I will know in the morning...Hope everything went smoothly.

1st day with no rain in a long time. I just did not muster up the energy to do too much today...And I had stuff to do.. :D It was a minimum and I am going to lunch with my daughter Weds., so I guess I will not set the world on fire Weds. either. I did spray a little poison ivy that was coming up, but all in all there is little left. That is a blessing.

Wow, Val, 6 hours without air is not good for man nor beast..as they say. At least it is restored now. I was so sorry to hear of your day. I can not believe about the rescue. I can not even imagine what led to that , especially if she had not given you a clue. It just breaks my heart about it. I know it was very important to you...not to mention important to the dogs. Is the rescue still working with you about Archie and Bruno? What happened with Fritz..did his people get him after the week end? I am just so sorry!! :'(

Both of you hang in there!! Roger, it seems like you have thought of most everything to be ready for your surgery. I hope your day is better tomorrow, Val!! <3 ...Jan
    Hello Jan
    Tuesday went OK, A fair amount of tests. EKG, Blood work, Upper Chest X-Ray and a couple of other things also.

No rain is a good thing for You ?

Poison Ivy and Oak are two plants that We do not need anywhere near us.

I hope You enjoy the lunch with Your daughter.

Sadly there are people like that in the world and I will say far to many of them too.

When it is really hot no AC can be a killer. I suppose it could have been worse than 6 hours.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

Congratulations
    Buttons61 4 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 6/11/2019 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Roger -two Level 7s! That’s ridiculous! At keast they should put “7 ip” and “7 down”. Glad they helped and it turned out well.

My dehydration from Saturday was from the Dog adoption event. It was 102 degrees outside and i was the only one taking the adult dogs out for walks and potty breaks. Everyone else sat in AC chatting. I left early because i got really sick. I didn’t catch on until that evening that it was dehydration. It takes me days to re-stabilize because a couple years ago, i had heat exhaustion. So my body is more reactive to heat and fluid levels. Feeling good today finally!
    Yes, I have ulcers and the pain really felt like that. But mylanta didn’t help, gaviscon didn’t help, food didn’t help. But that pain has subsided now.
    Tonight Boudreaux and I went to a Meet-up for people and their dogs to go on a nature walk. Boudreaux was trying to eat the little dogs (totally out of character), he wanted to run, my shirt was indide-out! 🤣🤣🤣 i Bet they’ll remember us. Oh well.
    Have a good night!”💤😴
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

I have to agree with Val, Roger..I could not say any better! We do really appreciate you, and it will seem really strange to not have your posts for a bit!! I will be thinking of, and praying for ( and missing ) you. Hoping for good news with that scheduling!! I am glad the drive went well. I would have had a heart attack myself in trying to find your car! How crazy!!!

It is cool outside, in the 60's. That doesn't happen often here..Low humidity..It is like living somewhere normal!! The lightning bugs come out around 5 pm where I live. It is in a little dip and gets dark faster than just up the street. I love watching them! We always need rain, but I had about 5 inches the last few days, so I just need a little sun for the plants! :)

Val, 102 in a lot of heat!! I am glad you are feeling better!! Sounds like stress pain..a lot like growing pains, but its for adults instead... :s Hope that clears up!! What a nature walk!! It is okay..you and B. were colorful characters!!

I took too long a nap today when I finally got home... and am rather awake!! :#

Take some breathers everybody!! <3 ...Jan
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    I was sound asleep at midnight and my phone started making a weird noise. I made it stop and then realized I was in a FaceTime call...i think? I don’t do FaceTime. It was the guy who initially adopted Boudreaux...stating he wants him back. I hung up because i was asleep and don’t know him. Then later texted him (1) don’t call me in the middle of the night! (2) he violated his contract by not providing any medical care for the dog (no shots or heartworm prevention); (3) the dog had been abandoned and was starving/10-pounds underweight and flea-infested....asked him where he’s been for the last six months. Sigh.
    Boudreaux consistently barks at and backs away from young men with the same body structure as that guy. I can’t believe he was good to the dog.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    More humor was posted, I may post Fridays stuff late this afternoon since I will need to look at the online map to locate where to go

Hi
    Currently It is 64 degrees outside. The predicted high for today is below normal. I am not looking forward to the drive tomorrow mainly because I will not know when or where until this afternoon.
    There is rain in the forecast for this morning, so far it is still dry outside,

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/jun/10/pentagon-eyes-ketogenic-diet-bid-build-more-lethal/
    Pentagon eyes controversial diet in bid to build more lethal warriors
    Top Pentagon officials say research has shown that human bodies in ketosis — the goal of the popular and controversial ketogenic diet

https://myfox8.com/2019/06/11/106-year-old-nc-woman-credits-longevity-to-faith-in-god/
    106-year-old NC woman credits longevity to faith in God

https://www.axios.com/what-apple-knows-about-you-fa7fa529-05af-48fa-bc51-54c15a6f5fbc.html
    What Apple knows about you

https://www.axios.com/coffee-prices-consumer-impacts-7224a652-519f-4f1f-afa4-48582ce51139.html
    The staggering impact of falling coffee prices
    In an unusual market twist, the falling prices of coffee beans could lead to higher coffee prices for Western consumers.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/jun/10/frightening-number-of-plant-extinctions-found-in-global-survey
    ‘Frightening’ number of plant extinctions found in global survey
    Study shows 571 species wiped out, and scientists say figure is likely to be big underestimate

http://www.drroyspencer.com/2019/06/electric-blue-night-clouds-are-invading-the-u-s/
    Electric-blue night clouds are invading the U.S.
    Over the next few weeks, mid-latitude observers might experience the best noctilucent cloud viewing of their lifetimes.

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2019/06/10/danny-feltwell-cancer-alternative-drug-jakafi/
    ‘I’m Feeling Great’: How New Treatment Saved 10-Year-Old Boy’s Life After Two Bouts Of Cancer

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Roger -two Level 7s! That’s ridiculous! At keast they should put “7 ip” and “7 down”. Glad they helped and it turned out well.

My dehydration from Saturday was from the Dog adoption event. It was 102 degrees outside and i was the only one taking the adult dogs out for walks and potty breaks. Everyone else sat in AC chatting. I left early because i got really sick. I didn’t catch on until that evening that it was dehydration. It takes me days to re-stabilize because a couple years ago, i had heat exhaustion. So my body is more reactive to heat and fluid levels. Feeling good today finally!
    Yes, I have ulcers and the pain really felt like that. But mylanta didn’t help, gaviscon didn’t help, food didn’t help. But that pain has subsided now.
    Tonight Boudreaux and I went to a Meet-up for people and their dogs to go on a nature walk. Boudreaux was trying to eat the little dogs (totally out of character), he wanted to run, my shirt was indide-out! 🤣🤣🤣 i Bet they’ll remember us. Oh well.
    Have a good night!”💤😴
    Hello Val
    I suspect that happens a lot or why would they have a car standing by. Another weird thing, each of the Up or down levels had one Handicap spot which I found weird since it is used by the Hospital.

I'm glad to hear that the pain has abated. I had a headache last night and Could not take anything for it since what I have are all on the list to not use 5 to 7 days before surgery :(

I wonder what set that off, has he ever exhibited that trait in the past ?
    I was sound asleep at midnight and my phone started making a weird noise. I made it stop and then realized I was in a FaceTime call...i think? I don’t do FaceTime. It was the guy who initially adopted Boudreaux...stating he wants him back. I hung up because i was asleep and don’t know him. Then later texted him (1) don’t call me in the middle of the night! (2) he violated his contract by not providing any medical care for the dog (no shots or heartworm prevention); (3) the dog had been abandoned and was starving/10-pounds underweight and flea-infested....asked him where he’s been for the last six months. Sigh.
    Boudreaux consistently barks at and backs away from young men with the same body structure as that guy. I can’t believe he was good to the dog.
    Facetime, another thing I can avoid with only a dumb phone.
    That sounds like Boudreaux was adopted by a weirdo. I think You are right that he was likley physically abusing the poor dog as well as the lack of any health care and starving the poor dog too. How did he get Your number and why call in the middle of the night unless under the influence of something ?

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Good morning!

I have to agree with Val, Roger..I could not say any better! We do really appreciate you, and it will seem really strange to not have your posts for a bit!! I will be thinking of, and praying for ( and missing ) you. Hoping for good news with that scheduling!! I am glad the drive went well. I would have had a heart attack myself in trying to find your car! How crazy!!!

It is cool outside, in the 60's. That doesn't happen often here..Low humidity..It is like living somewhere normal!! The lightning bugs come out around 5 pm where I live. It is in a little dip and gets dark faster than just up the street. I love watching them! We always need rain, but I had about 5 inches the last few days, so I just need a little sun for the plants! :)

Val, 102 in a lot of heat!! I am glad you are feeling better!! Sounds like stress pain..a lot like growing pains, but its for adults instead... :s Hope that clears up!! What a nature walk!! It is okay..you and B. were colorful characters!!

I took too long a nap today when I finally got home... and am rather awake!! :#

Take some breathers everybody!! <3 ...Jan
    Hello Jan
    I just did not feel up to walking that darned parking garage. Luckily they had a contact number posted and that person did say nothing was towed and sent a car to find it for us. As Val said who expects a Level 7 up and a Level 7 down ? Not me.

Wow nice weather for a change, Enjoy it. I see lightning bugs outside the living room window in the evening too.

I plan to alter my day today, Even if I fell tired no nap after they call and then I need to cleanse with the provided cleanser and then to bed earlier than usual since I suspect I may be out the door very early.

Fresh bedding is laid out complete to pillowcases per the directions and the old as well as the shorts I will be wearing are in the washer.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I have posted humor already since I will be out the door super early

Hi
    Currently It is unknown degrees outside.
    The Hospital called and I need to be there at 5:30 AM Friday morning.
    Thus I shall be brief as I am thinking I need to be up at 4AM the latest.

Look for something that says RE: Roger or from rogers brother in the email title.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-global-media/the-media-has-a-big-problem-reuters-institute-says-who-will-pay-for-the-news-idUSKCN1TC2WV
    The media has a big problem, Reuters Institute says: Who will pay for the news?

https://www.adweek.com/brand-marketing/why-targeting-millennial-consumers-might-not-be-such-a-hot-idea-after-all/
    Why Targeting Millennial Consumers Might Not Be Such a Hot Idea After All
    A growing body of evidence shows why Gen Y consumers aren't ideal: because many of them are broke

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/drug-to-replace-chemotherapy-may-reshape-cancer-care-1.1271773
    Drug to replace chemotherapy may reshape cancer care

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/jun/12/annual-global-index-rates-us-128th-most-peaceful-n/
    Annual global index rates U.S. 128th most peaceful nation on earth
    Iceland is No. 1, some Central American nations did better than America

https://www.defensenews.com/air/2019/06/12/supersonic-speeds-could-cause-big-problems-for-the-f-35s-stealth-coating/
    Supersonic speeds could cause big problems for the F-35′s stealth coating

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/race-become-beyond-meat-fish-080036449.html
    The Race to Become the Beyond Meat of Fish

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/jun/12/most-meat-in-2040-will-not-come-from-slaughtered-animals-report
    Most 'meat' in 2040 will not come from dead animals, says report
    Consultants say 60% will be grown in vats or plant-based products that taste like meat

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Arg....I forgot to post early enough for you to read before the hospital!!! Unless you look at 4 am!! :# Prayers all goes well!! Thinking of you all day!!!! We will be looking for the post!! <3
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Hoping for all the best Roger! We love you and hope all goes smoothly and you feel better soon! 💜

Boudreaux is perfectly behaved at home and walking in our neighborhood. That was his first time meeting other dogs on leashes (new experience!)....i think it was the leashes. When I bring in a new dog...i hold them in my arms and let my pack sniff the newby. When they calm down, i lower the newby and everyone goes out to play. At the walk, he couldn’t smell them because they jumped on his face and then he wanted to eat them. Plus the deer and smells if a nature walk were new to him.

The former owner never responded. Must have been drunk. What a jerk!!! He had my number from when he initially adopted Boo.
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Good morning!!

I am betting Roger got little sleep last nite...

Val, you sure nailed it..That guy is a real jerk. I would be afraid to ever give him B. not to mention any pet. :s

I am very leary of May May and other dogs since he had bit Chester with rather terrible results. I wish I could do some fosters for our shelters here, but I am just not that brave. I can not take any more dog fights... :|

I was pleasantly surprised weighing this morning....so glad I at least did not gain!!

Keep up the good work!!!! ...Jan
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Glad the scale was nice to you! My rate of loss is slower than earlier this year, but it’s still moving and I’m comfortable with what I’m eating.

I feel for Roger...I really don’t like surgery and being in hospital.

I totally understand about avoiding dog fights!!! That’s one thing that Maggie used to tease me about “Val’s so cautious” (as if that’s a bad thing). I do care about safety and don’t want any hurt doggos or extra vet bills.

This morning I’m going to a new park to go for a 3-mile hike with “San Antonio Plus Sized Women.” It’s another meet-up group. No dogs allowed. Then Maggie is going to pickup the puppies supposedly for a meet & greet. But it may be just to end my involvement with Grumpy Puppy (either is fine). Then I go to work.

When Maggie blew up at me about my perspective that removing dewclaws should not be illegal (I don’t think it should be routine, just not illegal), she piled on a bunch of other hurtful stuff including claiming that she’s been receiving complaints about me for years. When I asked why she’d bever mentioned that, she said she didn’t want to hurt me. And that is exactly why she said it then ... with intent to hurt me! There wasn’t even any pretense about asking me to do anything differently. It was just meant to hurt. She did that (1) knowing I’ve been working 70-80 hours/week plus fostering, plus adoption events, plus heat exhaustion. (Her subsequent Facebook crap was all full of self-riteous superiority...to which I never responded...but her friends piled on to tell her how right she is.) Thus my wake-up call that she could care less about me, my health, my welfare. And that’s why I resigned.

As i carve out free time (he), I’ve been doing more ireland planning! It’s coming quickly.
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Good Morning,

The first few days he should be out of it some. After that, Roger will probably go stir crazy.
    The less Dr. 's see me, the better! :#

I worked outside in the yard all afternoon. Planted some red petunias by my purple clematis..not too shabby looking. Repotted a cactus and moved 2 plants positions. I sure got little done for the time and effort, but it was still nice to do and get done! Of course, May May had to to help. lol.

I think you are dead on with the Maggie incident. People are not too fond when you are insightful, are they?

I think you can find better things to do than subject yourself to that. I am sorry that happened. Might help stress since work is not to easy to reduce or change.

I do not know where time goes. The older I get, the faster it goes! You will love that trip!! <3 ...Jan
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Hi Jan - red and purple flowers will be so pretty near each other! My doggos like to “help” so the backyard is theirs and the front for pretty things. My backyard cucumber plant is huge (and fenced off so the dogs leave it alone).

I feel much less stress since resigning. I know i was overbooked. Maggie picked up Archie and Brutus yesterday. She offered an apology acknowledging she was cruel with her words and normally doesn’t do that (which i agree with). I’m not angry at all, just my feelings of safety and trust were crushed. Archie is getting adopted today and Maggie said she’ll foster Brutus.

Yesterday’s hike was fabulous! Plus-size women of San Antonio. Very nice and welcoming and everyone supportive if everyone! Pic from our hike. I’m going hiking with them next Saturday too!

Weightloss is funny...just when i say my rate slowed, i got a big surprise today. With jeto and intermittent fasting, I’m happily kot focused on the scale bu focused on caring for my health. Eating for nutrition! Only time will tell, but this is the most comfortable and in-control I’ve felt with weight loss.
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    I’m in the front on the right.
    8hw3ba23i8xz.jpeg
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Hi Val!!

Congrats on losing more!! Keto is like that. You had a good loss the last 2 days. I can really tell the difference in the above picture! I am so glad you have some time for YOU!!! It's like the old airplane story, when the O2 masks drop..do yours first so you can help others..otherwise you are helping someone..then boom...you pass out and that's not helpful!! Mom's and givers do not always do so!! :)

Yeah, weird yard. All my pretties are outside the fence and are enjoyed looking thru the chain link fence. Otherwise May May eats them... :#

That is a diverse group pic!! Glad you are going again!! I am a little more on track again. If I want something really bad I track it, so maybe that day have only a piece of cheese or a veg. Then I have it for supper so I am full in the late evenings! Otherwise I stay with one starchy carb a day, or at the most two, not on consecutive days though..We will see..

I forgot to sit with my water, and May is asleep on my feet...guess I will wake to drink some more, lol..!

For when you catch up, Roger...we sure miss you!!!! <3:) ...Jan
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Hi Roger- we do miss you. Hope the hospital is taking good care of you!

Hi Jan - you’re so right about the airline mask example! I’ve been holding my breath too long and need to replenish me.

I’m munching on a lovely salad (my dinner): 3 cups mix greens, 1 cup cold (leftover steamed) asperagus, 4 pieces turkey bacon, 8 kalamata olives, 3/4 small avocado, one diced boiled egg, and low carb dressing. Asparagus is my new friend. Very filling, adds flavor and texture.

Duke (dog) had surgery on his toe. He’s home but looks miserable!

Taking Em to a presentation about how to pick a college and how to pay for it.

At work, Because people were late in turning stuff in yesterday (when i was available and had all day)... I’ll need to finish late tonight after the meeting.

Take care, Val
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Hi!!
    Your salad sounds lovely! I have been doing a little better. I realized when I got to bed last nite I had forgot to add in my supper and also write! I was waiting till later in the day, as not much was happening!!Apparently waited to long, lol.

I was redoing my budget. It took a bit and Jenny loaded me the everydollar.com to put a better budget online for me. I wanted to stop taking so much from my savings for some of the big stuff. It is sorta easy to use. My bills and all I pay regularly was easy. I wait till the 2nd week when my social sec comes in for one bill. Luckily the next part I need to do the day my SS comes in. I waited a little long and spent faster than I should have. But all the money for my new things was still there...but because of the yard and a few thank you's, I spent. Next weeks will be a little lean, lol...Jenny's pretty okay though..she knows it will take a month or two to readjust!! :#

Poor Duke. I swear, they can look more miserable than the kids..and I usually feel worse. At least kids you can explain a little better to them!!

Nice they offer these things to Em and you both can take advantage of it. I do not think we had much like that years ago!

Bless you for working late and being on it! They do not know the gem they have in you!!! Or do, but do not appreciate enough!!

My roses are taking a beating. I guess my property is too moist for roses. As much as I try they mildew out even with spraying. Overnite they can turn. 1/2 way under control and dang if I did not get an aphid attack!! :s

I am so proud of how well you are doing!!!! <3

Miss you Roger!! :) ...Jan