TEAM: Gutbusters (July)

AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
edited June 2019 in Social Groups
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited June 2019
    Hi Gutbusters! My name is Bonnie and am the captain here at Gutbusters. I'm married to Doug, live in Nashville TN, and we are empty-nesters. I homeschooled my two sons from kindergarten through their high school graduations. My oldest is married and lives in Chattanooga and is a Systems Analyst and my youngest lives in Greenville SC and is an Electrical Engineer. I'm grandmom to Toby, a beautiful Brittany Spaniel. I'm also a foster-fail mom to Ollie, our Miniature Schnauzer.

I have been here at MFP since November 30, 2018, when I decided that I didn't want to live the way I was living any longer. I joined The Biggest Loser in December of 2018. Prior to joining I have always been someone with great dreams of making my goal weight, but I've always quit and gained it back, usually with some extra. Since I've been with The Biggest Loser Challenge, I have logged everything I have eaten, tried to exercise every day, and stayed under my calorie range daily. I know this group has been instrumental in keeping me accountable daily. I have lost 32 pounds. It's been a slow process but no matter how long it takes, I will stay the course until I reach my healthy goal weight. Because I am worth it!! <3

We have several members who have been on the Gutbusters team for several months and I love to think of this group as my Fit Family. I hope you feel very welcome here from your very first day.

Please take a moment to introduce yourself. Feel free to share as much as you are comfortable. If you have any ideas for weekly challenges or anything that would help us be even better than we are, please share on the thread, or feel free to contact me privately.

I take my captain-ship very seriously and I will check in with you if you miss your weigh-in day. I don't do this to guilt you, but because I care about your success as much as I care about my own. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Your weigh-in day is the day of the week you signed up to be in the challenge. If that day needs to be changed just let me know. When you post on your weigh-in day, your post should look like this:

User Name
    July Week #
    PW:
    CW:

July is going to be a wonderful month to see some great changes in our health! Let's do this! <3
    0rq3o663yc09.png
  • BonnieHosk85
    A big welcome back to a former member, @12Sarah2015!! <3 Take a moment to introduce yourself when you have a moment. We're glad you're here!
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Hello i took a break to go on an overseas holiday. I have maintained my weight but am ready to start losing again. The things to factor in this month is we are looking at buying a new house, and parents are coming to visit, so not sure how my weight will go but i aim to be as healthy as possible.
  • BonnieHosk85
    Glad to have you back, Sarah!! Have a great day!
  • betsymoomoo
    betsymoomoo Posts: 71 Member
    Posting to get notifications and find the thread. 👏
  • BonnieHosk85
    Welcome to Gutbusters, @changing4life. Glad to have you on the team! Take a moment to introduce yourself when you have the time.
  • allietuge
    allietuge Posts: 343 Member
    edited June 2019
    Hey team!! My name is Allison and this is my third month doing this challenge. I had a pretty rough June so I'm here for a fresh start for July.

I'm a Mommy of two. Ella is 2.5 and Elias is 5 months. I'm trying to lose the rest of my baby weight and finding it harder to do the second time around.

My family and I will be going to New York at the beginning of August to visit my husbands family and I need to get my butt in gear!!

Cheers to July. Let's get it team!
  • jodilynnreeves
    jodilynnreeves Posts: 24 Member
    I'm back for month 2. I can't wait to see how this month goes.
  • BonnieHosk85
    July is going to be a great month for you, @allietuge!!

Glad you're here, @jodilynnreeves!!
  • SuzFit212
    SuzFit212 Posts: 153 Member
    Hey team!! I'm here for month two! June was a bit of a bust for me, but I did end up slightly lower at the end than at the beginning so we are just going to roll with it. I'm looking forward to a new month and some positive changes!

Little intro: my name is Suzanne. I live in Canada. I am married and a stay at home mom to a 5, 3 1/2, and 1 year old. I joined MFP waaaay back in 2013 under a different username and lost 10 lbs. Then i had 3 babies and "ate for two" with two of three of my pregnancies and gained 30 lbs or so overall. I tried other diet plans with varying success, but I'm a numbers girl and calorie counting is what works best for me. So here I am. These challenges are so motivating!
  • jodilynnreeves
    jodilynnreeves Posts: 24 Member
    July is going to be a great month for you, @allietuge!!

Glad you're here, @jodilynnreeves!!

Thank you @BonnieHosk85
  • BonnieHosk85
    @SuzanneElizabeth16, it was for me too! Hoping July is better for us both! <3
  • BonnieHosk85
    Welcome to our two newest Gutbusters ... @elisepfliger04 and @VeryStumped! So happy to have you in our fit family! Take a moment to introduce yourself when you have a moment.
    Bonnie
  • verystumped
    verystumped Posts: 38 Member
    edited June 2019
    Hi Team,
    My name is Bev. My brother invited me to join the challenge to lower our blood pressure and get fit together.

I am a 58 year old married lady from the east coast of the USA- Connecticut. I have been on this weight loss merry-go-round for twenty years. My best attempts have been low carb diets like Atkins and Ideal Protein. I know my sweet tooth is my biggest hurdle. This time around I am following Keto. I joined the challenge to break to 200 pounds once and for all. It’s only five pounds, ( I am 205 as of today) but I swear those five pounds LOVE me. Yes, one pound will leave for a few days but it comes back hungrier and madder. I thinking if I can get all five out By the end of the month, I can focus on my rebuilding me into the 165 pound healthy girl that I used to be. Also, I the team approach could work for me. I plan to be a real loser, dedicated and committed to our team goal to win by losing. Go Gutbusters!
  • BonnieHosk85
    Hi Bev, welcome! Good luck with the challenge and we hope you'll be a real loser here! :smile: Is your brother on Gutbusters, also?
  • beckyvanuum
    beckyvanuum Posts: 5 Member
    Hi, Guys!!
    My name is Becky and on July 4th, I will turn 61!!!! I am married 36 years in August and am the mom of twin daughters (32) and grandmom (Gigi) to 3 granddaughters (5, 3, and 2 weeks!!)

I was a Weight Watcher leader, and bailed after Freestyle came out, because the math doesn't work! I did Atkins for several months, but it wasn't sustainable for me, so now I am counting calories. I have had friends do MFP, so I am giving it a try. I figured what better way than to join a challenge, so here I am!!
  • BonnieHosk85
    Welcome, Becky! Glad you're here! :smiley:
  • verystumped
    Hi Bev, welcome! Good luck with the challenge and we hope you'll be a real loser here! :smile: Is your brother on Gutbusters, also?
    Hi Bonnie, thank you for the warm welcome! My brother in a member of Run Track Mind!
  • verystumped
    Hi Becky,
    I never got the hang of freestyle either. We can do this!
  • verystumped
    Hi Bonnie, thank you for the warm welcome! My brother is a member of Run Track Mind!

Hi Bonnie,
    This is my first challenge. Do we weigh in on Sunday or do we wait until our chosen weight in day, for me it would be Thursday, July 5 th. Would the weight I post on July 5th be considered week 1 or 2.
This discussion has been closed.