Paulabobadilla Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    odci8lel8bwk.jpg

Diego, the oldest, he'll be 10 in November
  • Paulabobadilla
    Options
    q3nrmtuncrhm.jpg

Last but not least Alex, he's 8 and a very smart child. In third grade reading on 5th grade level.
  • Paulabobadilla
    Options
    91scb6l4iw0p.jpg

My son Mateo and his gf Kimmy
  • Paulabobadilla
    Options
    n5zpkv429asa.jpg

Kati and the boys
  • luzingg
    luzingg Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options
    I agree with Janet. we will find another day to meet.

Janet. the trip sounds awesome. now I want to go to Idaho more than ever. sounds like you skipped the rafting.

Paula, the kids and grands are gorgeous. still reeling over Adilynn being 4. Katie is so spot on about Luis, such a tribute to name the baby after him. I bet he was beaming with pride. I think I would recognize Diego anywhere but boy have Alex and Mateo changed. thank you so much for sharing.

Karla, hope things get a tad easier so you can rest a bit. praying home health care gives you a break. and when it does please use that time for some down time. I know first hand what a toll it takes on the caregiver to never get a break. Having even an hour for yourself a couple times a week can be restorative. I highly recommend going to Starbucks for your Chai tea drink and spend your time reading Cindy's new books.

Diane, loving the travelogue and all the fabulous pictures. keep them coming.

Cindy, sending hugs and smiles and prayers.

TRX is making me feel confident and strong again. I am promising myself to do at least 2 thirty minute workouts at home this week.

better get some dinner
    Patti
  • bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies. I'm back from Chicago. It was fun having grandma time. Today, I'm running errands, getting the Power Point ready for church, and attending Euchre Club this evening. It's nice to get back in my own routine.

Mike is having horrible itching problems throughout the evening. He has been sleeping on the couch and has used the same blanket for years. He slept in bed the past few nights and didn't have any problems. I don't understand the problem, but it definitely has something to do with the couch and/or blanket. I use the same laundry detergent for the bed sheets as I do for the blanket......can't figure it out.

Paula: Lovely pictures.....thanks for sharing.

Janet: Your trip sounded fabulous!

Diane: I have enjoyed pictures from your trip. I'm sure you're having a wonderful time.

Patti: I'm glad you're enjoying the TRX. I'm getting back to the gym next week as today is taken up.

Karla: Hope the home health care gives you a much needed break.

Waving hi to Cindy.

Have a great day, everyone!

Bert
  • JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Paula, thanks for the pics - the kids and Kati all look wonderful. Diego is taller but that smile remains the same! Quick fill-in - James is one of my best friends. I used to visit him in SC but after a truly terrible breakup (she became a real piece of work, playing major head games), he really needed to be elsewhere. He will eventually head to California, but he's been staying in my guest room for the last two years. He is physically and mentally healthier than he was when he arrived, and we get along very well. Glad he can hang out here - he golfs most days and has been really helpful with stuff around the house. And I can get a hug whenever I want one.

Yesterday I ran a few errands and got reacclimated to the heat/humidity and the two-hour time shift. We had perfect weather my entire trip and the Idaho climate was SO pleasant. I didn't get to the rodeo (they went before I arrived) and we didn't have time for rafting, but I got to see what we would've ridden through from the car. And I got to play with several little kids, kittens, and puppies. Got some good sleep last night and am now doing a laundry-thon.

Gotta put my sheets into the dryer - onward! Hugs to all.
  • KarlaLM58
    KarlaLM58 Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Hello all.

Paula- love you wonderful family. Everyone looks so happy.

Bert- You are a number one Grandma.

Patti- Thanks for your kind words. The VA has been calling since we enrolled and they have social workers here that might could help me for caregivers of Veterans. Iโ€™m going to look into that too. I have not heard back from Home Health yet for Kerry.

Janet- What a wonderful trip you had and siites you enjoyed. Your life has been enriched with James as your roommate.

I am at Miracle Ear getting Dad tested for new hearing aids.thank goodness.

Jason is at the house with Kerry whom is stable this morning after getting out a lot of mucous..

Karla
  • Paulabobadilla
    Options
    Good afternoon,

Patti, yes the kids have changed so much. Can you believe Mateo is 21. He's such a great father and provider. Diego has very long arms and legs lol he'll grow into them. Alex and Adi are definitely changing, Alex looks just like his dad. Adi use to look exactly like Mateo but now I see Kimmy in her too. Baby Luis will be z year old next month and he is papaws pride and joy. He came 6 months after his mom and sister were murdered so it helped him heal especially with Kati giving him his name.

Janet, thanks for updating me on James. He's so lucky to have a friend like you to turn too and I bet you are enjoying having him around.

Karla, so glad Kerry is stable today. It must be so difficult caring for 2 people. I did with just my mom and it was exhausting. Prayer to you my dear.

Babysitting Adi and Luis till 3 when Kimmy will be here then running out to the store for some much needed healthy food choices. Need to stock up on fresh fruits and veggies and get stuff for kids lunches and after school snacks. I seriously feel like I could stay in bed for a week. It will get better in time just still trying to adjust to everything. It'd be better if not for their dog, he's very hyperactive, whiny and destructive. I did tell them if they'll be with us for a while they need to get him fixed. Rude?!?! Maybe but it'll calm him down and make me feel better about him and walle. I decided I can't introduce him to Eva because he is way to hyper and she'll go after him. Ok sorry for rambling lol

Have a great day!

Paula
  • cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone.
    I know it has been 97 posts since I've checked in for that I'm sorry.
    So much is happening on the home front.
    Rick will have a CT scan next Friday- then we go to Maine for a week. When we come back it's the neurologist and then his primary after that.
    I've been talking with my primary contact at the memory clinic who is wonderful and sweet but she did say in the Dr's notes I was to be told to read a book The 36 hours Day.
    It's for caregivers of people with dementia- although we don't have the final diagnosis I feel I know what the answer actually is-
    And his primary called my cell to make sure he will really go to both the testing and neuro appt. Of course I'm going with him.
    I've started to read and of course have gone down the rabbit hole of information- last weekend it was Johns Hopkins - scary stuff ahead I fear.
    I need to start taking care of my health as the road ahead will need me to be strong.
    if the diagnosis holds he has a fairly rare form that strikes around 50 k per year of young, under 64 people. What we went through 4 years ago could have been the inciting incident.
    If you're the praying kind of person I could use strength and patience.
    Just knowing you are all there for me is a comfort.
    Sorry to be a downer but wanted to share.
    need to run for now I'll be back when I can.
    Hugs to all
    Cindy
  • luzingg
    Options
    Bert, is the couch new or been recently cleaned? has he tried covering the couch with a sheet that he normally sleeps on? My gf went thru this several years ago and they never pinpointed anything but she now uses hypoallergenic everything. She still has flares but they are few and far between these days. Hope you figure it out.

Karla, it would be great if you got the VA for your dad and HHC for Kerry. Praying things settle soon.

Cindy, so glad you stopped by. Never apologize for letting it all out here. We are a support group for ALL things. I have done some reading too and am sending you all the prayers and strength I have. As I told Karla, ask for and accept help whenever it is offered. Get your me time in every chance you get. You matter, your health matters and it is important to take care of both.

Janet, can't even imagine where James would be without you. You are a dear ffriend and I am so glad to be part of your circle.

Paula, I think you should start talking now about fixing the dog. It is better for everyone, including the dog. Your home, your rules.

My BFFs husband has been very ill, he is 83 and in remission from lymphoma. He currently has a ragin UTI and has been very confused. I took her a walker today (borrowed from Mom, she is not using it) but was about an hour too late, he fell in the kitchen before I could get there. The neighbors helped get him off the floor. She texted me that he is getting around much better now. I was going to spend tomorrow in my craft room but instead will be spending time in hers. I think she really needs my company more than she needs sewing instructions. Except for Dr and ER visits he has been housebound and alone with her hubby. So glad I am not at the cabin this weekend. I have a nice filet mignon thawing and plan to have it and fried green tomatos for dinner.

Sending all my energy and prayers to all my friends here as need. Take what you need and share the rest.
    Patti
  • Paulabobadilla
    Options
    Cindy, I am so sorry you and Rick are dealing with this. I know how hard it is with mom much less my hubby. Many prayers to you my friend.

Patti, already talked to them about it. They know how I feel. I'll give it a little bit before bringing it up again. I have a walker and rollator walker, the one with a seat. You are more than welcome to one or both of your friend needs them. They were mom's. The rollator was barely used so is in good shape. The walker doesn't have wheels so not as easy to maneuver. UTI's are horrible in the elderly. Mom would completely lose her mind, talk crazy stuff. Hope they get it under control quickly. Let me know if you want one or both and I can meet you halfway or something. Well Dayton isn't too horribly far so I could maybe meet you there.

My night is done, weigh in tomorrow is not going to be what I had hoped. I blew it tonight but was good most of the week and if course blow it the 2 days before weigh in ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ who knows I may be surprised.

Have a great night!
    Paula
  • bertevans
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies. Today is going to be a gorgeous day! The temps are to be in the mid 70's with low humidity....my kind of weather. Jillian has a soccer game this afternoon and it will be more enjoyable to watch her with this weather.

I won Euchre last night! I haven't won in a long time......it must be the enjoyable 1 hour on hold with Sears and being late for Euchre that caused me to focus better! :D They finally ordered us a replacement...I'm getting an LG. I hope I made the right decision as I researched brands most of the day yesterday. They are to "call" within 72 business hours with the tracking number. I laughed and told the guy that I'm sure we will be calling them back. They are to install it and take the Kenmore out. Progress Finally!

Patti: Yes, I've put a sheet and a towel on the couch. He has cream to put on. He's going to try a different blanket. The couch was cleaned yesterday, so we shall see. He slept on the futon upstairs last night and had no problem. I just don't get it as he's been sleeping on that couch for more years than I can remember. I'll look into a hyperallogenic cover and will probably get a different couch if this continues.

Paula: My mom had a horrible UTI once and was hospitalized here when they visited us for Christmas. It was so bad, they had to administer so many antibiotics to kill all of the infection. I'll never forget that.

Cindy: My cousin had dementia, my aunt had Alzheimer's, and Carrie's mom has frontal lobe dementia. It's awful, especially for the caregivers.

Karla: Hope everything settles down for you soon.

Janet: It's nice for you to have James with you. It helps both you and him.

Bert
  • luzingg
    Options
    Hello all, it has been a relaxed and lovely weekend her at home. Got laundry and dishes all done. Cut out three patterns for some new tops. It has been a while since I sewed with knits or silky fabrics so I need to have plenty of time and patience but thinking it could happen tonight. I never left the house yesterday. My gf was too tired to do any sewing projects. We rescheduled for today and it was the right choice. I stopped at my favorite shop in town. A quaint old house filled with the most delightful locally crafted items from food to furniture. It is my go to shop for unique gifts. They also have a farmers market every Sunday during the season. I love farmers markets and rarely get to go. Is there anything prettier than fresh, clean produce? I spent some time with my gf and got her squared away and reaped some more produce for my advise, lol. Had a huge surprise yesterday. My BFF from Texas called and she is in town. We have not seen each other in about a year and a half. A little long for us. But she was blessed with her first grandchild last June and has been spending as much time in Tucson as she can, totally absorbed in her new love and rightfully so. She is coming here for lunch. I will have a salad bar set up so we just load up and hit the table talking. We were roommates, moved to Denver together and have been friends for over 40 years. Can't wait.

Paula, thank you for the generous offer, you are so sweet. She has my moms walker and will be getting his standard walker back from another friend. The weather was so nice this weekend, were you up to working on the house? I know you are anxious to get it done.

Bert, I have heard great things about the LGs. Now we will see just how long it takes to get it there. Congrats on the euchre win. I love that game. Do you plan bid or turn up? We played double deck bid in college and once I learned I spent all my spare time in the student lounge with my euchre buddies. May have even skipped a lecture two, lol. Have you had a fire yet in the new fire pit? We have a table top one at the cabin that is nice when we are too lazy to make a bonfire on the beach.

Cindy, try as I might I couldn't slowly read book s 2 and 3. I just had to finish them and I did just that this morning with my coffee. So many tissues needed. I loved them all and will be leaving reviews soon. Already did book one. Your style has really matured. Not sure if that is the right word but I just feel like this trilogy had more depth and your characters conversations seemed more natural. My favorite part is the touch of magic and fairies. I am a believer and your books reinforce my choice. When will we be getting more? Would you recommend another author or two that I can support and you truly love?

Karla, hope this weekend gave you a little rest. Is Kerry doing any better?

Janet, I bet you were nearly in heaven with these cooler temps. I know it is still not cold enough to suit you but it is a step in that direction. I must confess that I love fall as much as summer....just can't do the non stop pumpkin spice onslaught

Diane, I am overwhelmed with all that you have discovered and documented. Thank you so much for sharing. I never miss a picture. Have you been following Suzi Mack's travelogue? I feel like I have been coast to coast without leaving my kitchen.

Well that was overly chatty.....sorry
    Hugs to all
    Patti

• bertevans
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies. Today is overcast but cool. I made our first fire pit of the season yesterday and enjoyed sitting by the fire. Today, I'm heading to the gym, to campus, and then run some errands before picking up Jillian and Cole from school.

g550fy17fm5f.jpg
    f4dqu6fa942o.jpg
  • Paulabobadilla
    Options
    ca1lbukomxjc.jpg
  • Paulabobadilla
    Options
    Here is yet more progress on the kitchen! Backsplash is in, need to do edging and grout. Finish sanding drywall and will be time to paint. Then on the the bathroom and dining room. I started clearing out the dining room over the weekend while my husband finished tiling. Man we sure know how to pile things lol

dmxl2advexut.jpg
  • bertevans
    Options
    Just had a hummingbird in the garage. Poor thing is worn out. Googled how to get it out. Used a leaf rake for it to perch on. Finally it trusted the rake and got it to the garage door. Whew!
  • luzingg
    Options
    great day here. got my tests done in less than 30 minutes and them GF arrived for lunch, laughs and lots of chatter. Trx and then another salad for dinner.

Paula, the kitchen is really coming together nicely. love the tile work.

Bert, that poor little thing. Glad you were able to get it out so it could find a safe place to recover. they are such fragile and fascinating birds.

Patti
  • bertevans
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies. It's raining today. I have lots to do inside anyway. I need to organize things and work in the garage.

Patti: I'm so glad we got it out. I love hummingbirds and didn't want it to die. He definitely flew off once it saw the outside. So happy.

Bert