Replies

• lsjhudson
    lsjhudson Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    💥Daily Post: Tuesday, 3rd September 💥

✅Track: yes
    ☑️Calories: very slightly over
    ☑️ None today

Comments: Goal for tomorrow is to add staying within my calorie goal as well as tracking 👍
  • lsjhudson
    lsjhudson Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    lsjhudson wrote: »
    💥Daily Post: Monday, 2nd September 💥

✅Track: yes
    ☑️Calories: very slightly over
    ☑️ None today

Comments: I tracked. Therefore I'm winning hard comparative to the rest of my summer holidays off with the kids which, quite frankly, was a bit of a s!*t show. Why don't I ever learn that stopping tracking leads me down a deep dark rabbit hole? Anyway I'm back and feeling OK. Currently under investigation for, kid you not, bowel cancer. Today was therefore a fun adventure of pre-procedure admin. They're just crossing their t's and dotting their i's I'm sure, but it's been a niggle of worry. Colonoscopy booked for end of September and I'm sure I'll come bounding in saying what a faff but all okay and thank goodness that's over. But hey til then I'm going to have to work extra hard to not eat my feelings.

Nice to be back amongst friendly faces. Good luck to everyone this week 🙌

Laura sorry you're going through. I hated the thought of going through the colonoscopy myself the 3x I had to do it but sometimes we have to do things just to make sure. I definitely agree if the emotional eating as I am in a situation now where I have to reign myself in so I don't get to far off track. Yes, it's hard but being in constant communication with this group has help me a lot and I pray the same happens in your case.🙏🏾🙏🏾❤❤❤

Thank you lovely xx
  • Ver9nika
    Ver9nika Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Tuesday

Track: Yes
    Calories: no, way over
    Exercise: yes

Today was quite a surprise for me. I have meal plan, which I follow, but additionally I drink couple of coffees and eat some fruits. Today I thought that I only had some extra calories, but there were around 400 of them... :o four hundred extra calories :#
    . Oh my! Lesson learned
  • Rigibann
    Rigibann Posts: 3,663 Member
    Options
    Daily post Tuesday 3 Sept

Track Yes
    Calories no
    Exercise yes

Comments: exercise was a 20 mins walk - my 2 x exercise classes were cancelled at the last minute :(
  • dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Ver9nika wrote: »

Today was quite a surprise for me. I have meal plan, which I follow, but additionally I drink couple of coffees and eat some fruits. Today I thought that I only had some extra calories, but there were around 400 of them... :o four hundred extra calories :#
    . Oh my! Lesson learned

Been there wayyy too many times. It is hard. Those sneaky calories add up.
  • dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Daily Post - Tuesday, 9/3
    Track ✔
    Calories ✔
    Exercise ✔ - walking my classes to and from the library all day today, with stairs!!!
    Water - 88 oz

New goal - do stairs more often, only because I hate them so!
  • sherrilew
    sherrilew Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Sherrilew
    Sept week 1
    PW: 264.6
    CW: 264.0
  • benbowers
    benbowers Posts: 148 Member
    Options

Track Yes
    Calories Tes
    Exercise 3 miles at 9min/mile
  • Ver9nika
    Ver9nika Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    benbowers wrote: »
    Username: benbowers
    Week: September Week 1
    PW =206
    CW=202.2

Well done!
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    🌟Daily Post: Tuesday, 3 September

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Just over an hour of walking
    💬Comments: Tomorrow (Wed) I plan on going for a good long walk, even if it’s raining, which it probably will be ☔️
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    143tobe wrote: »
    Thanks for the info. No, not new to Keto. Been doing it for almost two years, with some breaks in between. I absolutely cannot close my eating window early. I am someone who cannot go to bed if I have any hunger pangs whatsoever and I enjoy eating in the evenings the most because it's my "down time". It's far easier to fast in the morning. But yeah...the coffee thing. I guess I just need to experiment with that for a while. At this time I'm not fasting for autophagy, I'm just trying to figure out a way to decrease my calories without actually tracking them. I know that it's good and helpful to weight, measure and log everything but honestly, when I do, it completely consumes my whole day, my life, my every waking thought basically. I want to get away from that so I am trying to see if I can lose weight while going by my past experience with weighing and measuring, you know, being able to eyeball something with a fairly accurate estimate.

I've heard really good things about carnivore! But it's not for me as I hate most meats and I actually used to cry at the dinner table when my parents would force me to eat a steak or fish. Spoiled brat :D

@143tobe Omg, I would literally die without meat, I've always been a meat eater, although I have always liked veggies too, I just prefer how I feel eating this way and it's been much easier for me to put on muscle too, so apparently my body likes it! And if it's working, I'm going with it!
    I tried that method, and for me, it didn't work, it may work when I'm not trying to shed the last few pounds, but for me, not right now, I have to track and I don't weigh and measure literally everything, I do weigh my meats and I eyeball my cheese lol. it's pretty easy to count the eggs too so it's not as hard to track what I'm eating and so it's not too bad.
  • AB0215
    Options
    Ver9nika wrote: »

. Oh my! Lesson learned

@Ver9nika That's sort of why I advocate for tracking, it's really surprising how many extra calories you can eat and how quickly they can really add up, and when you think about it, 3500 calories is what they say equals a pound (I'm not sure at this point in my journey I really agree with the accepted calories in and calories out system that is so widely accepted....but let's go with it anyway) so if you ate 400 additional calories every day....it would take you less than 9 days to put on an extra pound...and that's sort of how I broke my own mindless eating habits, looked at it in terms of math....(sometimes the harsh truth is what helps me!)
  • AB0215
    Options
    @sherrilew A loss is a loss! Great job!

@benbowers Nice loss this week! Keep it up!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Calories: Yes, going to bed before I decide to stuff anything else in my mouth...which is what I should have done last night!
    Exercise: YES! 1 hour walking, 1 hour weight lifting, cut my grass, 45 mins, cleaned literally my entire house today, I'm over 21k steps and 7 miles walked, which for me is a lot, I tend to stay around 4 miles per day.
  • AB0215
    Options
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    benbowers wrote: »

Track Yes
    Calories Tes
    Exercise 3 miles at 9min/mile

Nice day
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Track Yes
    Calories under
    Exercise yes walking and weights
  • Handlesgone
    Handlesgone Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    @djaholy33 thanks, I’ll start using the create feature for my recipes.

Daily Post (Tuesday/September 3)

Calories: No (ugh)
    Exercise: Yes

Everyday is a new day for improvement.
  • mthomas0228
    mthomas0228 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday 9/3)

Calories: Yes, under
    Exercise: Yes, 20 minutes Yoga with Adriene
    Goals/Day/Comments: Completed Day 3 of 30 'Rebirth' Yoga with Adriene today, and got a bit of an extra workout carrying a heavy sofa from up the basement. Scale still not moving, but I am in a good place diet wise.
This discussion has been closed.