OMG ~ Discussions Starting 1-11-16 and Beyond

Options

Replies

• bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies. I'm heading to Hobart, IN from Chicago this morning to visit another student and then drive home. It will be a challenging day.

Have a great day, everyone!

Bert
  • bertevans
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies. Today, I'm heading to Indy to watch Jillian play soccer. She has two games today, and I'm hoping it won't rain. Cole plays here tomorrow.

Bert
  • EniadS
    EniadS Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Argh! Thought I posted last night but I must have hit the stupid done button instead.

Bert I hope your travels are safe. You are sure on the go a lot!

Janet I’m working on the pause and no buttons too. Keeping busy and out of the kitchen are my best tricks.

Waiting in line at the library to drop off two boxes of shred material. I’m slowly working on cleaning out the attic. I don’t think I need to keep pay stubs, bills and taxes from the 80’s and 90’s anymore! Then we are going down to work on the land some more. John bought a tractor and it was delivered yesterday. It will more than pay for itself if we can do so much more if the work ourselves.

I rejoined WW and went to a meeting this morning. The new leader that replaced Lindsey is terrific! I weighed in with my shoes on. I figure there is a hit from being gone the last 5 months so I may as well make my life easier but not having to take my shoes off to weigh. I’m up a good bit from my last WW weigh in. Over 10lbs. so I guess I had forgotten where I was when we left. Oh well. At least I’m getting serious here.

Oh, except John requested lasagne for his birthday dinner tomorrow. Guess I will have to exercise portion control, skip the bread and load up on salad. Kids are coming so I get an Elise fix!
  • luzingg
    luzingg Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options
    quick stop, we are at the cabin and have a wedding in KY this pm, then chores here on Sunday

food choices bad yesterday as I made chicken fettuccine alfredo for my neighbors birthday and there is nothing in that meal that is low points, lol. I am glad it made it because when we got here I found out his youngest brother fell off a roof and died on Thursday. he needed comfort food.

waving hi to one and all
    Patti
  • bertevans
    Options
    Fridgegate continues! Delivery date has been postponed until Oct 7. Since we will be gone to Lindsey’s, the next availability is Oct 21. The only choice is to choose a different model AGAIN! 😡

I will make a decision later! 😡
  • luzingg
    Options
    absolutely unbelievable!
  • bertevans
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies. Today is Cole's soccer game. Jillian played absolutely amazing yesterday. I'm so glad I was able to watch her play. It was a very long day, but well worth it.

I'm seriously considering small claims court for Sears. The only thing I'm hesitant about is that it will postpone the issue even more. I'm so upset. Today I'm going to research Sears Warehouses and investigate myself whether or not they don't have the model I want. I simply can't believe there is not one of them somewhere in the US.

Bert
  • luzingg
    Options
    Hello, home from the cabin a bit ago. My nephew's wedding was beautiful, funny and very uniquely them. Surprise of the event was that my son was the officiant! He got his license on line because his cousin asked him to preform the ceremony. They started the event with Mike pulling a flask from his breast pocket and passing it to the bride and groom before taking a swig himself. The ceremony and vows were all written by the couple and so perfect. It was fun spending the evening with the two mommies-to-be whose due dates are 10 days apart.
    Going to see Downton Abbey tomorrow with my GFs. So excited.

Bert, I am with you, just can't believe there is not a single one available anywhere. I think you should take your case to Judge Judy, she will set it right, lol.

Karla, following your posts on FB, continued prayers for Kerry and you.

Hi to all
    Patti
  • cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Hi All-
    I hunkered in for the weekend and read a book about FTD from a spouses POV- the wife, it was heartbreaking and so many things were just like my life and Rick's behviour - the pieces are falling into place even if the dr's don't do the diagnosis. It took a lot of pressure from the wife to get her husband's diagnosis too- Rick is very withdrawn and his face at times is like a mask of blank.
    I'm trying to stay upbeat but I have my moments where I disolve into tears
    Oh I wish we were battling cancer, heart disease or something I can research and fight.
    You're posts are good for me to read- normal life with ups and downs.
    even if I'm not posting I'm reading when I can
    Karla- prayers for youa nd Kerry
    I'll be back again-
    Cindy
  • JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Cindy, glad you were able to stop in - and to find stories that will help you gird your loins for the struggles you and Rick are facing. You're never far from my thoughts and I'm available if you need to talk, of course.

Karla, praying that Kerry gets a full workup and treatment plan, and that he is always as comfortable as he can be. My mom had regular heart catheterizations - they can be extremely useful.

Bert, I remain incensed on your behalf. No wonder Sears is in trouble! This is just nuts. They ought to be begging you and Mike to forgive them - and delivering a top-of-the-line fridge of your choice ASAP. This is beyond absurd!

Diane, loved the pic of Elise riding on the big rig!

Paula, how are you feeling today? Hope the blood sugar is more stable and that your legs are bouncing back. The pic of little Luis was just precious - hug the littles for me!

Patti, the wedding sounds perfect, and I know you got wonderful pics.

Nice weekend here - a girlfriend and I went to dinner Saturday, then to the first Pops concert of the season (the music of Hollywood, and it was excellent). Stayed home yesterday in my PJs, just because, and watched football. Main meal was gorgeous tomatoes with basil, basil-infused olive oil, and fresh mozzarella - yum. Lots of errands to run this afternoon.

Wishing everyone a good week in every way.
  • luzingg
    Options
    Downton Abbey was so good and I could watch it again. Lunch at BD Mongolian and next up is TRX.

Janet, I did not take any pictures but know everyone who did. I envy you your pj day, am ready for one of those myself, maybe this coming Sunday will be mine. I know you are glad the Pops have started again,

Cindy, wish I had the right words to ease your heart but know I am here for whatever I can offer.

Paula and Karla, still sending prayers.

Hi to Diane and Bert.

Sorry no time to chat today
    Patti
  • EniadS
    Options
    Hello all. The last two days have been a new lesson in what I am doing wrong. I have tracked everything, and have gone over my points by a LOT both days. Trying to do better today. Yesterday was John's birthday and he requested lasagne and apple pie for dinner, plus wine. So that really did me in. Tonight will be leftover lasagne, but NO pie and NO wine, for me at least. Snacking I am trying to get under control too - just making smarter choices. It helps that there is really not much in the house that I like to snack on! I had microwave popcorn today for a snack - one of those 100 calorie packs, which is just 3 points and very filling.

Took all the kitties to the vet today, in two trips. So that trauma is done with for another year. All healthy except for plaque on their teeth - vet recommended a different dry food, which we will try.

Cindy, I'm glad you took the time you did and read something to help prepare you for what is ahead. Better informed than ignorant, no matter how scary.

Janet, sounds like a very fun weekend!

Karla, how is Kerry today? Glad it wasn't heart issues, but have they figured out what it is?

Patti, sounds like the wedding was a lot of fun! I bet you danced all night.

Bert, sheesh! This is ridiculous. I will never buy another appliance from Sears after your nightmare!

Paula, how are the legs today?

Elise and her parents came to the land to visit us on Saturday, and to dinner last night. I posted the picture of John and his tractor and Elise, but here is one from last night.

pou4r0poxchs.jpg
  • JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Great pic, Diane. Reading to little ones is one of life’s greatest pleasures.
  • EniadS
    Options
    Checking in after a busy day. I went to the Sanctuary today - it was my first time leading a high school field trip. It went well, I think. Those kids are smart! This was an AP Environmental Science class, and they probably knew a LOT more than I did. But I was able to hold my own, and this was a great field experience for them. Next week I am back to second graders - whew!

Eating has been pretty good so far today, and I have a great and filling dinner planned. (Flank steak, some of the last sweet corn of the season, and tomatoes with balsamic, basil and fresh mozzarella.) I've just had a snack of microwave popcorn, so hopefully that will hold me until dinner. If so, it will be my first day eating within my limits since I started back to WW. I still need to find a greater variety of snacks that will fit within my point limits.

For those on WW, how many points do you allocate for snacks? For those counting calories, what are your favorite low cal snacks? REALLY trying to stay away from processed food as much as I can.

No personals today - trying to get some things done and then get out of the house while Carrie teaches her voice lesson.

Diane
  • bertevans
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies. I had a good report from my endocrinologist yesterday. My A1C remained at 5.6 and, according to their records, I haven't gained weight in a year. I'm happy to have lost a few pounds prior to my doctor appointment.

My stress-o-meter is at an all time high. I have too many things on my plate: Fridgegate, Pastor Parish evaluation (I'm done with this in a couple of months), anticipating the twins' arrival, traveling for my student visits, trying to learn a computer program for St. Mary's on my own, etc. Plus I fell yesterday morning out of the shower and landed on my bumb knee.
    However, my blood pressure was good at the doctor's..........go figure. I'm very thankfull for that.

Diane: I'm trying to do both WW points/MFP calories. I know I don't make good choices in snacks; however, I try to eat yogurt (2 pts/80 calories) as a snack when I can. Unfortunately, I tend to reach for crackers, nuts, peanut butter, etc. which are higher in pont value.

Waving hi to Karla, Janet, Patti, and Cindy. Have a great day, everyone!

Bert
  • luzingg
    Options
    Good morning, took mom out to get our flu shots and to the bank for some paperwork. Stop at Dollar tree (she stayed in the car) and then Taco Bell. She thought she wanted to go shopping but realized quickly that was out of the question. She was done in. Date nights resumed last night, our Tuesday night lineup of shows premiered. Today is lunch with the girls, a quick stop at Joann's for some muslin to complete a seat cover for the bench my grandson made for Leo. Then home to get it sewn as he will be cm int by tonight. Then work, it is a huge new two week sale set. Trying to get back in the game but having only marginal success.

Diane, I love the pics of John with Elise, especially the reading one above. I always loved reading time with the littles. I wish I could help you with the snack thing, that is my biggest downfall. I do better if I don't snack at all and eat all my points with my meals. But my usual go to is string cheese or Nut Thin minis, each snack bag is 3 pts. When I want salty/crunchy nothing seems to satisfy. I try to stay away from processed snacks, like WW stuff. That is my biggest gripe with WW, they talk fresh and natural but push processed foods.

Bert, you really are overloaded. Hope some of it resolves soon. Congrats on the great report from the Dr. You must be doing something right.

Karla, so happy to hear that Kerry has no heart problems. Praying they find the right combo of meds to make him more comfortable. I am sure the hospital is the scariest place in the world for him.

Paula, hope you are coming down off the steroids and that your system is stabilizing.

Thinking good thoughts for Cindy and Janet.
    Shower time and out the door for the day.
    Patti
  • EniadS
    Options
    Hello all. Went to a WW meeting today. I like the new leader but the group today was OVERLY chatty. One thing I appreciate about WW at this time is meetings are supposed to be a quick 30 minutes. (When I first did WW years ago they were an hour.) This one started 5 minutes late then ran for 45 minutes. Some of it was useful, and it was important for people there to share and feel heard. But I am coming down with a cold and didn't really want to be there that long.

Good news, I'm down even since Saturday when I weighed in the first time. But that is always true the first week of any new diet or eating plan. Bad news, I am coming down with a cold and I just want to nest and eat comfort food. I'm pushing the zinc to help reduce the symptoms. And I put together a crock pot of Skinnytaste chicken taco chili - hopefully that will serve the comfort food need for dinner tonight. And zero points!

Bert, you ARE overwhelmed! I am going to try double tracking in WW and MFP for a week too. Yesterday my day within points ended up pretty good on all the nutrition categories of MFP too.

Patti, I'll look for the nut thin minis. I snack on string cheese too - the part skim (3 pp) but not the reduced fat ones (2 PP). They have no taste to me. Yes I love the pics of John with Elise. I wish someone would get some good ones of me with her. She is just getting to the point where you can actually read her a book rather than just flip pages.

Karla, if you are reading, my heart goes out to you. I'm sure Kerry needs someone with him all the time at the hospital, and you are mostly it. you are such a blessing to him.

Hello to Paula, Cindy and Janet.

Don't know if I'll be back tomorrow - it will be an Elise day.

Diane
  • bertevans
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies. I'm going to call the doctor to have my knee x-rayed. It's sore to the touch and is also swollen. It's probably just bruised, but I want to double check. Our new roof and gutters have been installed, and the washing machine part has been installed as the washer was leaking (It's a Kenmore/LG :o but works pretty well :D ). I need to sweep the pool today. We want to close it this weekend and have that all done before we leave for Lindsey and Justin's on the 6th.

Molly goes to the spa this morning, and then I'll head to Menards to look at paint for the shutters and front door. I'm going to paint them gray as I think it will look nice with the new roof to complement the brick. They need painting anyway, so why not change the color for a new look?

Eating was ok yesterday. I made meatloaf for dinner (always with 94% lean beef, corn on the cob, and asparagus. Breakfast and lunch were good also.

Bert
  • bertevans
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies. I had my knee wx-rayed and there is no fracture, so I'm happy. I just need to stay off of it (yeah right) and keep it iced. I'm running errands today and then tonight is Euchre Club. We are watching Jillian and Cole tomorrow so Greg and Carrie can have a kid-free day. We are also closing the pool tomorrow.

Bert
  • luzingg
    Options
    Good morning ladies, fun day here yesterday. Defrosted my freezer and did laundry....party animal, lol. Watching my son's two little dogs for a few days. They are cuddly maltipoos but a bit yappy. My eating yesterday was awful, we will just leave it there. Grocery shopping today to get some healthy food in the house. I was so wanting to find a reason to skip the gym but since nothing seemed plausible I went and, as always, was very glad I did. This completes week seven without missing a class, luckily it is only twice a week. I need to start doing some home exercise to fill in. I keep saying that but haven't put it into practice. Can you tell I am struggling? Thanks for your unwavering support. I WILL do this.

Diane, congrats on your first loss. Hope your cold is short lived and not shared with Elise or anyone else in your household.

Bert, doesn't sound like you are giving your knee a rest, lol. Do take care of you and try to get it iced whenever you can. Enjoy the littles.
    Hugs for Karla, Janet, Paula, and Cindy. Never far from my thoughts and prayers
    Patti