WORKOUT WARRIORS - NOVEMBER CHAT

Options

Replies

• SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    WORKOUT WARRIORS ... IT IS AN HONOR TO BE ON THIS TEAM WITH ALL YOU
    SO WITH THAT BEING SAID I AM GOING TO SHARE WITH YOU MY SECRET WEAPON, NOW SOME OF YOU MAY KNOW ABOUT THIS SITE BUT SOME OF YOU MAY NOT.... SO HERE IS MY SECRET WEAPON

https://www.fearlessmotivation.com/
    THEY HAVE MOTIVATION AL STUFF OUT THE KAZOOS AND THEY HAVE A COMPLETE LINE UP ON YOU TUBE ALL OF IT IS FOR FREE.
    NOW HERE IS MY GO TO PLAYLIST BY THEM

I AM SHARING THIS AS I THINK IT WILL DO ALL OF US SOME GOOD...ENJOY AS I DO
    GREG

Cool, I’ll check it out! πŸ‘πŸ‘
  • ConfidentRaven
    ConfidentRaven Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Excuse #1: "I don't have time to cook nutritious meals or exercise."

Excuse #6: "I'm too tired to exercise."

Excuse #10: "I'm so out of shape."

I have used all of the above excuses at some point or another, I still use 1 and 6 far too often. Usually excuse 1 occurs on Thursdays when I go grocery shopping, so to combat that excuse this week we went after dinner. There was less rush and no temptation to just pick up something.

As for excuse 6 there’s a quote by Mark Twain that we use often in my household β€œβ€œEat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.” My preverbal frog is exercise, so I try to get it done first thing. I try every morning to take at least a 20 minute walk. This walk sets the tone and pace of my day because no matter what I accomplished at least one positive thing that day. It’s weird because I sort of hate it, but I always feel so much better both physically and mentally afterward.

Excuse 10 will not fix itself. As many of the group know I was horribly out of shape when I joined, my maximum steps were 500 (yes that’s hundred) a day, on a good day. These days 5000 is a low day and most are between 7k and 8k. I just started doing a little more each day, my biggest advice to people who say I just can’t walk that far is to tell them to walk one more step today than you did yesterday, do one more small activity, start with seated cardio or light weights if you can’t do anything else. A gym is not needed to get into any sort of shape. My second bit of advice is to listen to your body when it comes to exercise. I didn’t always listen and I had a few set backs where I could barely walk for days because I pushed too hard.

• carolynsivik
    carolynsivik Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    carolynsivik
    Week 1
    PW 142
    CW 141
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    carolynsivik
    Week 1
    PW 142
    CW 141

Nice loss!! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ’ƒπŸ‘πŸ‘ Posted!
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Workout Warriors πŸπŸƒπŸ‚πŸπŸƒπŸ‚πŸπŸƒπŸ‚
    NOV 2019 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
    πŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ§¨πŸ§¨πŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒ

Thanksgiving Month! πŸ€— πŸ€— πŸ€— November 8πŸ¦ƒπŸ™ŒπŸ¦ƒπŸ™Œ

Let’s rock it this weekend!! Tips to stay on course over the weekend!

q1o9acbhcroa.jpeg

https://8fit.com/lifestyle/staying-track-weekend/

Don’t let one unhealthy meal lead to more
    We’ve all said the phrase, β€œI’ll start on Monday,” but in reality, it’s a lot harder when Monday swings around. Just because you’ve enjoyed an indulgent meal or gone off plan at one point, don’t undo the week’s hard work by going on a rampage of over-indulgence for the rest of the weekend. Instead, enjoy a bit of what you fancy and then get right back on track. My favorite analogy is, if you burst a tire on your car, you don’t then burst the other three tires. You get it fixed and carry on with your journey, and that’s exactly the approach to take if you overindulge – you get back on track and carry on with your journey.
    Bottom line
    The most important thing is realizing that leading a healthy lifestyle shouldn’t mean giving up the things you love or restricting yourself; once you embrace that, you’ll come to find that you can treat weekends like any other day. You can still enjoy your favorite foods and activities – it’s just about doing it in a mindful and balanced way so that nothing will get in the way of reaching your goals and you’ll feel great every day of the week.

Thankful for all of you! Have a wonderful Friday!
    November!!! Workout πŸ‹οΈβ€β™€οΈπŸ‹οΈβ€β™‚οΈWarriors on a mission!

πŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ’₯πŸ’₯β˜„οΈπŸ‹οΈβ€β™€οΈπŸ‹οΈβ€β™‚οΈπŸš΄πŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸš΄β€β™€οΈπŸ§˜β€β™€οΈπŸ§¨πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ πŸƒ πŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ’₯πŸ’₯β˜„οΈβ˜„οΈπŸ‹οΈβ€β™€οΈπŸ‹οΈβ€β™‚οΈπŸš΄πŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸš΄β€β™€οΈπŸ§˜β€β™€οΈπŸ§¨

@Fitness327wk
    THANKS FOR THE PUSH SALLY
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    @ConfidentRaven - I feel like walking it so underrated when people try to lose weight. Everyone thinks they have to go hard at the gym but moving more in your every day like by just walking makes such a big difference!
  • NikMar
    NikMar Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    NikMar
    Friday
    Week 1
    PW 140
    CW 139 :D
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,300 Member
    Options
    shbarbor wrote: Β»

So true!!! I love all the different classes you've taken! Impressive. And 80 lbs lost is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Sue!πŸ€— ...and regarding your daily goal post---it is so important to voice your NSVs! On days like today when I see a 3.7 lb scale upswing.... I need to take a few moments and remind myself of what I did right this week---not just what I might have done wrong.

SO WTG SUE---the changes that you are adapting to, will pay off soon!!πŸ™ŒπŸ‘πŸ’«
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    Holmesp603
    Friday
    Week 2
    LW 181.4
    TW 180.8

WHOOO YES!!! Nice lossπŸ™ŒπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜πŸŽ‰
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    Mechell15
    Friday week 1
    Pw 197.4
    Cw 197.0
    Have a great weekend everyone!!

Awesome loss this week !πŸ‘πŸ‘
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    carolynsivik
    Week 1
    PW 142
    CW 141

WONDERFUL!!!πŸ‘πŸ™ŒπŸ’«
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    NikMar wrote: Β»
    NikMar
    Friday
    Week 1
    PW 140

YES NIK!!!! Great jobπŸ™ŒπŸŽ‰
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    @ConfidentRaven - I feel like walking it so underrated when people try to lose weight. Everyone thinks they have to go hard at the gym but moving more in your every day like by just walking makes such a big difference!

@Shortgirlrunning & @ConfidentRaven I agree!! I lost my initial 80 with walking--- lots of walking, plain and simple.

@ConfidentRaven Kai your "excuse" post is awesome--thanks for sharing. I like your points about your love hate relationship with exercise---I felt very much the same when I started out 4 years ago-- and it's crazy to think now how I am so addicted to exercise and used to hate it so very much.

Also the small increment session of walking-- 15 -20 min.---on days that I struggle to workout-- I shorten my sessions to several 20 minute ones spread throughout the day.... and it adds up fast!
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    3gjgbj96v5yu.png
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    NikMar wrote: Β»
    NikMar
    Friday
    Week 1
    PW 140

@NikMar ... WEIGH IN HAS BEEN POSTED NIKKI GR8 LOSS WTG
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    3gjgbj96v5yu.png

Ditto!! πŸ™ŒπŸ’œπŸ™ŒπŸ’œ
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    @runarml Gorgeous!!! πŸ‘πŸ’“πŸ’ƒπŸ‘πŸ’“πŸ’ƒ

Nice stepping!
  • LonniJay
    LonniJay Posts: 3,740 Member
    Options
    Username: LonniJay
    Weigh in Day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 228
    Today's Weight: 229.2

I got off track with Halloween and being sick. I'll do better next week, happy Friday everyone! 😁
This discussion has been closed.