TEAM: Run Track Minds (November)

Options

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    @skullsandskeletons Do you carry over calories often? And do you feel your progress is hampered by that at all? I’ve always found the carry over concept interesting.
  • mama_healthy21
    mama_healthy21 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Username: amuschette
    Week: Friday, November Week 1 (11/8)
    PW: 167.8
    CW: 166.0
    One thing I did well: - Used a food scale
    One thing to improve: - Planning meals or ingredients ahead of time.
  • jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Amazing losses this week @AmyG1982 , @runnergirl_69 , and @amuschette !!!! Great work!

Jwall309
    Week 1
    Friday
    PW: 163
    CW: 163.4

Ugh, sorry team. This move this week killed me in terms of routine and eating habits. This could be much worse, but disappointed nonetheless because this means my weight has been stagnant for 2 full weeks....

I'm also feeling very conflicted about this journey this week. My scale and visuals aren't lining up. I'm feeling confident and proud of how my body looks right now, but when I see the scale I find I'm disappointed by the number. Its a really weird headspace. This coming week I'm going to reintroduce exercise and see how that goes as well as getting back into a healthy eating routine!
  • jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Thursday)

Track: Eh, tracked through lunch and gave up for our evening out....
    Calories: Definitely over
    Exercise: None
    Day: BF and I had plans to go to a museum after hours event, which was super fun! My educational background is in museum work and thats how I originally started my career, so it was nice to be back in a world I know and love as a visitor. But, that also meant cocktails and snacks and dinner out. So here we are....

We have a wedding to attend tomorrow with pre wedding events tonight, so tonight and tomorrow will be all about damage control. Focusing my energy Sunday and the holiday Monday on getting back into my healthy habits and starting to reintroduce exercise.
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    @skullsandskeletons Do you carry over calories often? And do you feel your progress is hampered by that at all? I’ve always found the carry over concept interesting.

I try my best to keep consistent throughout the week, but will definitely do carry over when an indulgence happens, which is about twice a month or so for a big indulgence. I don't sweat it if I'm over a little bit. It definitely works for me as long as I keep it isolated to each week separately and stay focused on my goals. I've lost 44 pounds since late April, so I don't feel like my progress is hampered. Who knows, though -- perhaps I would have lost more weight if I didn't do carry over.
  • LyndaBSS
    Options
    Daily Post: Friday
    Track: yes, I track everything
    Calories: under
    Exercise: yes, walked dogs
    Healthier Habits: clean up clutter, one pile at a time
    Goals: focus on eating mindfully and only when truly hungry, walk more
    Am I happy with my progress today: Yes! I made good choices today. 😄

Stupid thumb! In retrospect, I should’ve gotten stitches. It is what it is. I’ll have to keep it bandaged for a bit longer than expected. 🙄👎
  • skullsandskeletons
    Options
    Daily post Friday
    Tracked: yes
    Exercise: no
  • germaine_yee
    germaine_yee Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Username: germaine_yee
    Week: Friday, November Week 1
    PW = 135.16 lb
    CW = 133.82 lb
    Thank you! 😄
  • somum
    somum Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Username: SoMum
    Week: November Week 2?
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW = 220.6 lb
    CW = 220.2 lb

+Adding in weight training to increase muscle mass.
  • Kathie_GoGo
    Kathie_GoGo Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Friday
    Tracked: Yes
    Calories (goal 1200): Over +100
    Activity: 2 mile run
    Daily Step Goal Streak: 13
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Username: red1185
    PW: 166.4
    CW: 167.0
    The scale is going the wrong way, but I think I know why. I didn’t drink in October for sober October, so when I started back in November the sugar is making a difference.

I definitely have noticed a difference in the fit of my clothes, though, which makes me really happy. Because of that I’ve decided to modify my goals.

My original goal was with each 4 lb loss I get a small reward. I’ve decided to make it optional between that, and when I’m able to fit in my old jeans that are one size down, COMFORTABLY. Either one is beneficial for me.
  • CrystalEssex
    CrystalEssex Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    So I had a hard day and got some bad news on Thursday. I didn't lay anything out to cook, and the hubs and I were emotionally and physically wrecked. We stopped at Wendy's. I hate fast food, so it doesn't happen often. But yesterday he didn't want me to cook anything. He wanted pizza. I know it sounds horrible but I really just wanted some carbs. I'm emotionally attached to carbs, and pizza is my comfort food. I ate one slice for lunch and one slice for dinner. Plus last night after church since I was already way over on carbs, I got a smoothie. It used to be our ritual to get ice cream after church. I'm trying to do better today, but we have some hard things to do and I'm kinda over it. . . How do you guys deal with not overdoing the comfort eating on really hard days?

• CrystalEssex
    CrystalEssex Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Surprisingly I'm not overdoing it on calories. I was 192 over yesterday.
  • LyndaBSS
    Options
    Daily Post: Saturday
    Track: yes, I track everything
    Exercise: yes, walked dogs
    Healthier Habits: clean up clutter, one pile at a time
    Goals: focus on eating mindfully and only when truly hungry, walk more
    Am I happy with my progress today: Yes! I made good choices today. 😄

I woke up to a sick dog this morning. I’m getting my exercise today with crate scrubbing, dog washing, floor mopping and dog bed washing. 🙄

• LyndaBSS
    Options
    Too late to edit my daily post. I’m over calories today. Very hungry for some reason. Real hunger. No snacking, three meals only.

Didn’t get to go grocery shopping today because of Dakota being sick. Perhaps unbalanced diet today due to lack of food in the house is causing the hunger.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in day Friday
    PW:176
    CW:176
    Sorry, forgot to post yesterday.
  • mama_healthy21
    mama_healthy21 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Saturday
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes, under
    Exercise: No
    Healthier habits: Meal planning, tracking ahead
    Goals or Day: Weekends can be challenging for me, since they are more relaxed from my normal routine. Late night with 1 year old...tiresome, long day! I was able to make a couple of bulk breakfast items for the week...excited about that! I hope that it makes my mornings a little easier.😊
  • skullsandskeletons
    Options
    Daily post Saturday
    Tracked: yes
    Exercise: no

It is only 7:30 and I am going to bed to get away from the kitchen!
  • oamaka2014
    oamaka2014 Posts: 4 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Weigh In Saturday
    Username: oamaka2014
    PW 180
    CW 179
  • wander216
    wander216 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Saturday weigh in