WEIGHT NO MORE Team Chat - March 2020

Options

Replies

• amsandos
    amsandos Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    daily check in
    not really sure what to say home educating seems to be going ok we have eased of the pace a bit after tuesday. Took my little one for 2 laps around the block early in the morning. Spent the morning folding washing omg. Where does all the washing come from anyway. Food wise I am just so busy and trying to conserve supplies so eating 3 meals and 2 snacks. With all the activity I am feeling very healthy. Last night we did a round of applause for the national health service. It was amazing the whole street standing on their doorstep applauding.

@Freeglerock are you a brit?
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    3/26 - 14,123 steps

Treadmill intervals 45 minutes
    Hulahoop 30 minutes
    Yoga 45 minutes
    Walk 40 minutes
  • Freeglerock
    Freeglerock Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    Bit embarrassing, but here are my steps for last couple of days:
    Weds 1,592
    Thurs 4,080

I am still failing to track.  Wednesday, food was all good and healthy until bedtime - when I sneaked a whole packet of jammy ring biscuits 🙈.  Not good. Yesterday, good all day (and no evening binge on bad stuff - Yay!).  Have not left the house since Tuesday morning, and really feeling. It. 

Last few days has been a struggle trying to juggle working, keeping my son occupied with school work or educational activities, and trying to engage my daughter (without resorting to the tv too much!).  Pleased that I now have 4 days where I don't have to work - planning on spending it sowing seeds, sorting out my greenhouses and digging on the allotment before the weather turns colder on Sunday.

I really struggle to believe what is happening, though felt rather more real last night with a countrywide clap for our NHS - that felt quite emotional, plus my neighbour (and close friend) has come down with the symptoms (who was in my house on Sunday and Monday). Bit close to home!

@hope002 what lovely pictures.  Where abouts are you? The snow took me by surprise - last couple of days in the UK have felt almost like the start of summer (kids have even been wearing shorts!)!
    @pacsnc6 sending you lots of positive vibes and best wishes for speedy recovery. 
    @nstephenson01 never hea4d of a Doritos casserole before - had to Google it.  Not sure if I think that sounds like the weirdest thing ever or an amazing idea - do the Doritos go soggy?
    @Mrsbell8well so glad you are feeling more comfortable now.  I treating to hear about your cleanse (I recall you saying about them late last year).  Not sure I could ever go quite that long with just water & juices before introducing food, though interested to try.  May try it when this madness is over and my partner is back to working away!
    @sleepymom5 your gym looks amazing!  Most jealous :-) Glad you are getting some productive days in.
    @tryingagain5 really impressed at your dedication to you exercise.  I'm funding the motivation lacking on that front, but will make an effort today.
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx fab photo 😂
    @Cafelelia I would be so angry at that teacher.  Given what is going on at the moment, good communication and understanding is a necessity.
  • Fi45
    Fi45 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Fi45

PW 203.3
    CW 202.1

Stay safe everybody ❤️ xx
  • Freeglerock
    Freeglerock Posts: 2,864 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    @amsandos yes, Brit here 👋
    @Fi45 nice loss!
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    @Freeglerock
    Thanks! Since I'm not working or going to any social activities I've been exercising to keep myself busy. (and it's good for me. 😁Also it makes me think twice about mindlessly eating.

Just do your best with exercise. Maybe you can get your partner and kids to join you in something and make it a family activity.

I hope your neighbor/friend will be ok. Also, hope you and your family will be ok.
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    @hope002
    Wow! That's a lot of exercise, great job!
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    03/26 steps 6944
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    pacsnc6
    Frriday
    Week 3
    pw: 160
    cw: 157.7

Nice drop, I'll take it even though it's all due to nerves about the upcoming life adventure. Got to be positive!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    wrctnppyspjh.jpeg
    Finally earned my petal. 145.2 this morning. My next goal is 145 by April 1st.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,106 Member
    Options
    The new chat threads for April are up and running!

Please use it for introductions and posting goals for the new month that begins Sunday March 29th. Keep on weighing in and updating steps here until then!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10790216/weight-no-more-team-chat-april-2020#latest
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

Yesterday was a good day and I was on track with my food plan, water and exercise. Trying to stay positive. I had a virtual glass of wine with some friends the other night and that was really nice. My son had a virtual play date last night too. I am glad that the “weekend” starts tomorrow and we have a break from homeschooling.

As @jugar posted, our April thread is up. We will switch over on Sunday and I will remind everyone tomorrow.

@Mrsbeel8well - Hope that you and the family are staying safe and doing well.
    @tryingagain5 - Staying in is the right thing to do right now and keep up those amazing work outs!
    @Fi45 - Great loss!
    @pacsnc6 - Nice loss! Try to stay positive and I am praying for you! We have you moved to cheer for April, but please post as much as you like and let us know how you are doing.
    @freeglerock - You have a lot going on trying to work, homeschool and keep your daughter occupied. So not tracking for a few days is understandable. I think it will be really nice to get outside and work on your allotment. I saw the applause for the NHS on the news and it was very moving! Hope that your neighbour is ok.
    @hope002 - fantastic day!
    @amsandos - Yes, there is less to say now that we are all staying in! Glad that your homeschooling is going ok. Managing food and meals for the family has just changed so much with eating at home for everything. I agree that it feel healthier. As I said to @freeglerock, the applause for the NHS was so lovely!
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx - Such a cute photo!!
    @lennoncpa - It is true that the bright side of all of this is that we get to spend more time with family, or connect with our friends and family more often in other ways.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Omg, I forgot my weigh in. One day just runs into the next. Here it is:

Cafelelia
    Fridays
    PW - 151.2
    CW - 150.5
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Ljdanny
    Thursday
    Pw 187.9
    Cw 188
  • podperson1
    podperson1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Missed a few days so will have to catch up but hope everyone is staying safe and well x

My work has finally had to shut down so since Wednesday I've been at home. We are all on the government scheme now which is 80% of our 'basic hours' - it's going to make things very tight as I always go over these anyway. Most everyone else is just off but since I do things like banking and payroll I'm still doing work from home.

Went out for groceries today and seemed a lot quieter than previously - hopefully this means people are easing up on the panic-buying. The shelves were still a little hit and miss for items though. Have a feeling the scales are not going to be kind this week - the healthy eating has gone to pot a bit and done very little exercise. I've just seen that my zumba instructor is doing online public sessions a couple of times a week though, so might need to have a look at those.

@Freeglerock - like you I found the clap for the NHS last night quite emotional. They're doing such a great job in difficult circumstance. I would really like to hope that when this is all over that this newfound appreciation people are having for them might translate to a decent wage!
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Username: lennoncpa
    Weigh in Week: week 4
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 136.5
    Today's weight: 136.0
    Weekly Steps: 52,972
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @tryingagain5 I’m about an hour north of Detroit. I also live in a small town - it’s called Romeo. I live in a 116 year old Victorian home right near the downtown - which is really fun being able to walk around the town.
This discussion has been closed.