PW 136.4
    CW 136.2
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,456 Member
    Friday 4/10
    Food: Ugh!
    Water: Not enough
    Exercise: Nothing

I was on phone and computer too much yesterday with the news of Jim doing better. I just didn't have a very productive day. We got to talk to him a few times which is nice but we are still very dependent on the nurse to set it up. He is too weak to pick up the phone and place the call himself. He also was transferred from ICU to a step down unit so he had a productive day even if I didn't lol! Hoping to hear that he had a good night and that he is getting stronger each day. He needs to get his PT and OT evaluation. Speech still doesn't think he is ready to eat but predict he will be good in a couple of days. The PT evaluation will determine if he comes home or go to a rehab facility. I am hoping he is a little stronger before he is evaluated so they have a true picture of what he is able to do. For today, I need to get my act together and hop back on track. I am going to get my exercise out of the way early, shower and head to the store. I never got out yesterday after all my planning lol! We are going to have Easter Brunch together. We will be outside by the pool but still practice the physical distancing. My son in law and son are still going into work. They are careful but you never know what everyone else is doing. Hope everyone is well. Have a great day!

@Srw32 Welcome! I have a son who lives in Houston. I know Texas is big so not sure if that is by you. I had plans to visit him for a week in March but I am sure you can guess what happened there. I think you will be a great addition to our team. This is a great place to give and receive support. You are off to a great start too! Into the 180s. You are on your way to your goals! Great job!
    @ljdanny Maintaining isn't a bad thing. Just keep doing what you are doing or find something else small that you can change. I like the idea of a drive by to see your other granddaughter. I know it will be hard not to hold her but at least you can see her moving around. Even with everything with my husband, I really can't believe this is all going on.
    @Zumba_Luvah Nice loss! They haven't blocked the non essentials here yet but I am sure we will be following. I would have never thought to pick up Easter stuff early. I hope you can find some creative ideas for the little ones. Maybe make little coupons for fun things that they are normally don't do. Like reading and extra book, staying up a little later, breakfast for dinner...
    @lennoncpa. OMG that picture! I love it! Looks like Sunny is posing for another one.
    @tryingagain5 You know, I have always heard that the church is not the building but the people. It really didn't hit home until now when you can actually see that it is true. I would have chosen to volunteer to work too. The other options weren't the greatest. I am glad they have precautions going forward. You have been doing really well being home, especially with getting your workouts in. I know you will continue even with working.
    @hope002 Whoo hoo! Good bye 180s! You are doing great! Your neighborhood looks so pretty in the snow. Does it get hot by you at all? Is the warmer weather a shorter season?
    @Mrsbell8well Wow! How will you get the applications filled out correctly without being able to meet in person? I am glad you can take time during your day for yoga and a walk. I am sure that is helpful mentally as well as physically.
    @brown6267 The scale is moving in the right direction! Nice job!
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    @Mrsbell8well all that food looks delicious!
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 934 Member
    Weekly weigh-in (a day late)
    Username: 1theresamcvean
    Weigh in week: Week 2
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 154.6
    Today's weight: 156.1

Not happy about this. I've been up and down each week but creeping up overall. Just like I've read with some of you, I make plans and intentions and go off course. I had a hard week, which may explain my motivation issues.

Monday was my birthday, which was nothing more than Facebook best wishes. Tuesday, my sweet, smart, favourite cousin, Andy, passed away at only 42. This was our seventh family death since November and we're not having time to grieve in between. The last three haven't had funerals yet either. My mom is now in isolation at the nursing home awaiting the COVID test. The only people she sees are completely suited up.

I'm still working toward launching the new business but find it taking forever. I'm constantly disappointed with myself which isn't going to get me anywhere. I signed up for a virtual Bootcamp with a company I have worked with in real life before and got thrown off early in the week. I have yet to have a full day of both nutrition and fitness compliance. I've got to brush myself off and get on track.

I will try to catch up on some work over the weekend since there will be no celebrating anyway and start again on Monday.

@sleepymom5 I am so happy to hear that Jim is on the road to recovery. You asked about my student, Wendy, and she is stranded here with me. Her flights were canceled. She's sleeping until about 5:00 p.m. so she can FaceTime with her family who are 12 hours ahead and who can blame her. These are unusual times.

I will catch up with all of you this weekend.

• GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,978 Member
    @Srw32 Welcome and congratulations on your baby boy! I have 2 sons, and they're wonderful (most of the time, lol).

@sleepymom5 I am so glad that Jim is doing better. Go easy on yourself - you're in a stressful time.

@1theresamcvean Oh my gosh. Big virtual hugs to you. I hope you have a way to find or make moments of peace for yourself.

Check -in time

Food is going good - had a little extra wine last night, but it did NOT lead to extra eating, which I'm happy about.
    Yesterday and today I've added Fitness Blender workouts in addition to my daily walks.

I'm having issues with my Fitbit. I had my bluetooth off for a couple of days without realizing it. Then had trouble getting Fitbit to sync once I turned it back on. Finally unpaired it from the app, turned my phone off and back on, and tried to reconnect it, but now it won't recognize the device. UGH!

All that to say, I think my next step is to let the battery run down, then recharge it and try to re-pair it. So, I think I'll have to leave the step challenge until that's done.

Happy Saturday! Finish Strong!

• nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    @hope002 Wow that's gorgeous!!
    Fabulous news @sleepymom5!!
    Welcome back @lenka1! Congratulations!! What a cutie!!
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    sleepymom5 wrote: »
    @hope002 Whoo hoo! Good bye 180s! You are doing great! Your neighborhood looks so pretty in the snow. Does it get hot by you at all? Is the warmer weather a shorter season?

Summer is shorter and cooler with +18 +22 Celsius day and +5 +10 at night. Ocazionaly we do have about a week with over +30 Celsius, but it's rare

Here is a picture of my back yard last July and one this morning

93ucrqlbck0w.jpg
    mvug2xiolfla.jpg
  • nstephenson01
    @sleepymom5 here is one of the photos I took of the moon. Just got around to downloading them. I have a lot to learn about photography and photo editing...

el4yuavhu9nd.jpg
  • nstephenson01
    @hope002 your backyard looks so serene and relaxing. Love all the flowers!! Our weather here in Montana is much like yours currently. Its snowing like crazy today :(
  • podperson1
    podperson1 Posts: 207 Member
    Hi all,

@Cafelelia - thanks for the excuse, got my new batteries today so should be ok for weigh in this week!

@hope002 - Banff looks just beautiful, I love mountain scenery. Congrats on the weight loss

@sleepymom5 - so glad to hear Jim seems to be doing better and that you got to speak to him at least.

@lenka1 - what a complete cutie <3 Am sure just running round after them is bound to start losing already lol.

@srw32 - congrats on the weight loss! Also your profile pupper is just gorgeous :)

@Mrsbell8well - your Easter menu looks yummy! I totally agree it's a lifestyle not a diet, while I'm trying to make healthier choices and stick to my calories, then I also know that it needs to be something I can stick to long term so am trying to be careful not to 'ban' any foods or end with with boring meals.

Feeling more positive this week. Had a bit of a drink and chat with the flatmate last night which has cheered me up some and been under my cals the last few days (erm, liquid calories totally don't count, right?) Also got an Easter card from my folks and some super cute earrings from Etsy in the post - wore them round the house last night, cause who knows when I'll get to wear them out anywhere lol.
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    fzaanbzz96fn.jpeg

I’m having a relaxing day talking to my son and hanging out in the living room.

@sleepymom5 it’s great to see your updates on Jim’s condition.
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    @sleepymom5
    Yes, I think we are all seeing things differently now. The church has never been the building, although we still need to gather with other believers. Having that community is important for support. Just right now the support is coming in a different form, social media, phone calls, texts, livestream services. Grateful we have the technology to do these things.

Yep, the options weren't really great for work but I think I picked the right option. Since they don't know how many hours we're going to work, it's going to mess with my sleep schedule.

I think sometimes I would exercise just to not have to something productive.🤔
  • tryingagain5
    edited April 2020
    Saturday 4/11
    Food: good
    Water: 64 oz
    Exercise: 15 minute walk with a friend and her dog, 60 minute walk with another friend in the condo complex, 15 minute walk with another friend and her dog

Cleaned a little, watched a Hallmark movie, walked with friends in the complex, read a book. Now I have a load of laundry in the dryer.

One of my friends from church called and said she was going to make Easter dinner and asked if I wanted a to go container. She loves to entertain and not being able to have people over is really hard for her. I told her I would love to. Since she's making them for quite a few people (most are going to pick them up, I'm supposed to drop one off at someone's house) I offered to help her pay for it but she wouldn't take me up on that. Not sure what she's making but since it's Easter, I'm assuming there will be ham.
  • tryingagain5
    @lennoncpa
    Sunny looks so cute. His ears looks so big in this picture.
  • KUMEcyclingteam
    KUMEcyclingteam Posts: 112 Member
    KUMEcyclingteam late weigh in....
    Weigh in day Friday
    PW 129.4
    CW 130.0

My days are still running into each other, didn't even realize it was Saturday until I drove to work to find out that I was the only one there....
  • KUMEcyclingteam
    KUMEcyclingteam Posts: 112 Member
    On a lighter note (cuz you know how I roll), I am now making my own fashion statement with these bandana masks. All along I'm thinking, yeah, I make this look goooood! Then I got a text from a coworker........
    j6cncjjfpjvw.jpg
    b59u3fblb82d.jpg

Since I grew up in the 70s, this made me laugh a little too much! Enjoy each day F2F ROCKSTARS!!!!
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 409 Member
    Steps for the week:
    4/5: 14,093
    4/6: 10,800
    4/7: 14,366
    4/8: 12,877
    4/9: 10,297
    4/10: 9,859
    4/11: 11,284

Total= 83,576
This discussion has been closed.