Options
    eliezalot wrote: »
    Today 9/10
    • Pre-log
    • Go for a walk
    • Hit deficit goal
    • Start picking up in the dining room
    • Start to finalize travel arrangements

We finally have a funeral date set, I've requested time off from work, and even found a cat sitter. Next is just more logistics. We'll be driving home with a friend and probably my cousin, with a stop at the half way point to visit my husband's family. That can come next week. I also have to dig out my flute and start practicing for the service. My mom asked me to play something. I haven't touched a piano since college, and I haven't really played my flute in just as long. But at least I can get something near enough to ready on the flute. So I need to dig out my old music, see how rusty I am, and try to get a piece together in the next few weeks.

We had torrential rains yesterday (got 6 inches in about 2 hours), which flooded a lot in the area. Our house is fine fortunately, but we need to dry out the garage, and I need to check my poor garden.

This weekend's goals:
    • Dry out the garage
    • Tend to garden
    • Pick-up the bedroom
    • Paint another wall in one of the bedrooms
    • Bike ride (assuming our trails are open...they all follow the river, and are all currently closed due to the flooding)
    • Set up area to practice my flute.
    • Pre-log as able
    • Hit calorie goals
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    After being out of the pool for a week I am going to at the very least do some water walking...surely my ribs can take that!
  • rockconner
    rockconner Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    -- church

-- clean off my table (y'all have no idea...)

-- trash to the street

-- stay under calorie limit
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    Options

This weekend's goals:
    • Dry out the garage
    • Tend to garden
    • Pick-up the bedroom
    • Paint another wall in one of the bedrooms
    • Bike ride (assuming our trails are open...they all follow the river, and are all currently closed due to the flooding)
    • Set up area to practice my flute.
    • Pre-log as able
    • Hit calorie goals

Pretty good and productive weekend. We also went mattress shopping and finally bought a new mattress. Mine is at least 20 years old (perhaps more). It will be delivered by noon today, and I can't wait! I did good on calories until last night. My bike ride earned me a lot of calories, so we had a splurge dinner. All fine and good until I decided to have some ice cream afterwards. My husband just brought me the pint, and instead of putting it in a bowl, I finished what was left in the container. So about twice what I had been planning on. Oh well, I was pretty active all weekend anyway.

Back to work - sigh.

9/14 Goals:
    • Wash bed sheets for new mattress
    • Call to schedule bulk trash pick up of old mattress
    • Afternoon activity (walk, bike yoga)
    • Pick up rest of bedroom, finish vacuuming
    • Tape wall for painting
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    Yeah, I can't do a container of ice cream and just eat one portion. This is why when I have it it either comes premeasured in a little cup, or I use a portioning scoop and put it into a little glass dish. I have cute little dishes that just take one scoop of ice cream, or one serving of pudding, and it feels much more like a complete portion that way.
  • mssue18
    mssue18 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I can't do a container of ice cream and just eat one portion. This is why when I have it it either comes premeasured in a little cup, or I use a portioning scoop and put it into a little glass dish. I have cute little dishes that just take one scoop of ice cream, or one serving of pudding, and it feels much more like a complete portion that way.
    I understand about the ice cream. I can’t have a container of ice cream and eat just one portion either. I have to do what you do and put one scoop in a little dish. I hope I can do that. I tend to think I can control it just eating out of the container. I need to work on taking one serving and putting it in a dish. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Options
    mssue18 wrote: »
    I understand about the ice cream. I can’t have a container of ice cream and eat just one portion either. I have to do what you do and put one scoop in a little dish. I hope I can do that. I tend to think I can control it just eating out of the container. I need to work on taking one serving and putting it in a dish. Thanks for the inspiration.

I have a LOT of little bowls and little plates. It helps me accept a smaller portion. Plus, they're just so stinkin' cute! And often they double as mise en place pieces when I'm cooking.

Does it help to view it as doing it up in a special presentation for yourself? Cause that often works for me. (Of course, I'm a food nerd and adore doing good presentation of food.)
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Making myself go to the pool...it is raining off and on and very overcast outside...and the water is chilly....I got to do this...ugh....not in the mood but a couple of hundred extra calories will come in handy watching the hockey game tonight!....popcorn,almonds and teddy grahams lol
  • Ccricfo
    Ccricfo Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Making myself go to the pool...it is raining off and on and very overcast outside...and the water is chilly....I got to do this...ugh....not in the mood but a couple of hundred extra calories will come in handy watching the hockey game tonight!....popcorn,almonds and teddy grahams lol
    @conniewilkins56 I know that when I am feeling lazy in the morning I remind myself of how much more good stuff I can eat if I go out and burn the calories....and I'm motivated. The other thing I've noticed is that when I don't exercise, my appetite seems to increase, creating a double-whammy effect because I have so few calories to work with...
  • eliezalot
    Options
    Today's goal is to just hit my calorie target with no late-evening snacking. I've gotten back into that habit again lately, and it totally screws up my otherwise great food/calorie day. While I've still been eating under maintenance, it has been enough calories to slow my weight loss down somewhat - more like half a pound a week instead of a pound a week. Still going in the right direction, but I want to get this back under control.
  • ntw250
    ntw250 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Sitting here when I should be on my bike, work is mad busy and stressful and I have just picked up an 8am meeting tomorrow so I will have to get up early if I am going to exercise first. Need to put my positive pants on
    Options
    Oof. Both my partners are coping with their mental illnesses today, and it's work to be the calm and stable one. I think being the stable person in the trio is going to be most of what I get done today. That and laundry.
  • eliezalot
    Options
    @AlexandraFindsHerself1971 - Oof, all the hugs. That is a tough position to be in. I hope you all have better days today!
    @southernskeeter - Also all the hugs (and probably all the drinks!). We don't have kids, but I've have seen every. single. one. of my friends and coworkers struggle with this, and can't imagine the stress of distance learning and back-to-school decisions this year. There will be a lot of broken ipads at the end of this, lol! I hope the kinks will get worked out soon, and sounds like you have a good plan in the meantime :smile:
  • eliezalot
    Options
    Today's goal is to just hit my calorie target with no late-evening snacking. I've gotten back into that habit again lately, and it totally screws up my otherwise great food/calorie day. While I've still been eating under maintenance, it has been enough calories to slow my weight loss down somewhat - more like half a pound a week instead of a pound a week. Still going in the right direction, but I want to get this back under control.

Success. Had some great ice-cream for dessert, and stopped for the night. I think I just need to keep myself busy and out of the kitchen. Otherwise I think of all the delicious things I have...oh, those new maple cream oreos in the cupboard, or the fancy ecuadorian chocolate in the drawer, or the gelato in the fridge, or those delicious leftovers... and once I think of them, I feel like I have to have them. I didn't really get these cravings/urges as much before (and I certainly haven't cut any of these things out of my diet), so I think step 1 is avoid the urges for a while. Step 2 will be learning how to control the urges when I get them.

Today's goal is to hit my calorie goals again, and get one useful thing done around the house.
    Options
    Well, we wound up having to take Girlfriend to the hospital for a three-day hold yesterday evening. There are certain bright lines in our household that get you to inpatient status fast, and she was there. So hopefully Saturday or Sunday she comes home medicated and more able to manage her issues in a way that keeps everyone safe.

Boyfriend's been a lot better today and a real tower of strength for me. I just... this was a crisis immediately following another crisis, and while I handled both, I seriously came home and just collapsed. I haven't done much beyond the shopping and some precooking today, and I've been sleeping a whole lot because I just really am exhausted, mentally and physically. We both really miss Girlfriend, and even knowing that she's safe and well cared for (he knows, he was in the ward she's in now last November) it's still hard when your partner's in the hospital and you can't be with them.
  • eliezalot
    Options
    @AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Oh I'm so sorry, what a difficult, stressful day for all of you. I hope that your girlfriend stabilizes quickly, that boyfriend continues to feel better and is able to continue to support you, and that you get some much needed rest tonight.
  • eliezalot
    Options

Today's goal is to hit my calorie goals again, and get one useful thing done around the house.

More success! Hit my calorie goal easily and comfortably, with delicious food. Helped husband clean out, defrost, and reorganize the freezer. Went to bed early-ish...I have been going to bed WAY earlier to just to enjoy my brand new bed setup lol (new bed, mattress, and I splurged on a nice set of sheets).

Today - hit calorie goals again, clean up the kitchen, do some canning, and rest. Already went for a nice walk this morning. My heel is doing tons better. I'm hoping after another week or so of walks, I'll be able to start adding in running again!
  • _inHisGrace
    _inHisGrace Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    My goals for today is to:
    Make weekly meal plan
    Go to the grocery store and only buy what’s on my list
    Pick up my husband's birthday gift