Downsizers - October 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Kitty2Katz
    Kitty2Katz Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018, Happy Thanksgiving!! 🦃 🦃

@iHUSTLE4MUSCLE & @azkunk,
    Since a live alone & have no family to spend the holidays with I don't have to worry detoxing after the holidays. But then again, I might be tempted to get me some kind of treats over the holidays. Who knows!! Lol 😺
  • carrolljessica4
    carrolljessica4 Posts: 52 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Username: carrolljessica4
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight): 203.4
    CW (Current Weight): 200.0

All in all, it was a pretty good week. Today, on the other hand, not so much. Did pretty okay, but this evening has been rough. I hurt my knee when I did W2D1 of C25K a couple days ago, same knee as always has issues, it's a consistent thing. I can hike 10+ miles with no issues, but running on pavement, not so much. Guess I need to schedule another doctor's appointment about it and see what I can do to try and help. I even started stretching this time around to see if that would help. We are also now dog sitting one of my sister's dogs. I didn't get much sleep the past couple nights, and then her dog whined all night long. She's a sweetheart, and I get it, it's a new place. But between feeling down about my knee, as I was shooting for a new high in miles for hiking tomorrow, and the lack of sleep over the past few days, I definitely let myself eat my feelings. Ah well, it's been a while since I ate my feelings, and tomorrow is a new day. I'm determined to get below (and stay below) 200 lbs. I've flirted with the line for too long lol. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

P.S. I guess a bum knee means I just get to work more on my upper body strength. There's always a bright side to everything.
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Kitty2Katz wrote: »

Since a live alone & have no family to spend the holidays with I don't have to worry detoxing after the holidays. But then again, I might be tempted to get me some kind of treats over the holidays. Who knows!! Lol 😺

That would not stop me from eating pie and stuffing @Kitty2Katz :D I'm so glad you stayed with the group. I hope that all goes well and you find healing.
  • lcfa5317
    lcfa5317 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Steps on 10/08 - 13,208
    10/07 - 11,344
    10/06 - 6,390
  • lcfa5317
    lcfa5317 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Celebrated my sister’s birthday today. Thankfully she had me make angel food cake with berries. Not a fabulous day, but it could have been so much worse. The small wins!
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options

All in all, it was a pretty good week. Today, on the other hand, not so much. Did pretty okay, but this evening has been rough. I hurt my knee when I did W2D1 of C25K a couple days ago, same knee as always has issues, it's a consistent thing. I can hike 10+ miles with no issues, but running on pavement, not so much. Guess I need to schedule another doctor's appointment about it and see what I can do to try and help. I even started stretching this time around to see if that would help. We are also now dog sitting one of my sister's dogs. I didn't get much sleep the past couple nights, and then her dog whined all night long. She's a sweetheart, and I get it, it's a new place. But between feeling down about my knee, as I was shooting for a new high in miles for hiking tomorrow, and the lack of sleep over the past few days, I definitely let myself eat my feelings. Ah well, it's been a while since I ate my feelings, and tomorrow is a new day. I'm determined to get below (and stay below) 200 lbs. I've flirted with the line for too long lol. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

P.S. I guess a bum knee means I just get to work more on my upper body strength. There's always a bright side to everything.

I’m sorry to hear that you hurt your knee. I finished W1D3 on Wed but took another day rest because I was feeling knee and hip pain. I am going to take this slow and progress as far as I can. I am ok if I never jog the whole workout if my body can’t handle it.

• shortyjmorgan1
    shortyjmorgan1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Logged everything (even the chips and salsa)
    Water still not there yet
    Ab challenge done
  • shortyjmorgan1
    shortyjmorgan1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Forgot my steps 10410
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Yay! It’s the weekend. It’s Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada. (Am I the only Canadian in the group?) What do you have planned?

I was born in Canada (Alberta )

I’m Canadian! In Calgary, Alberta
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Friday
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Over
    Exercise: nope
    Day: visiting family for the weekend so I’m likely going to be eating off plan as I’m not cooking the meals but I will do my best.
    Water: definitely not enough
  • Kitty2Katz
    Options
    @iHUSTLE4MUSCLE, Thank you! I hope I find healing too.

That's way I was joking about I might eat treats. It's kind of hard to stay away from some holiday foods, 🦃🥧🍰 with or without family. I especially love homemade stuffing. 😺
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,277 Member
    Options
    AmyG1982 wrote: »
    Daily Post Friday
    Day: visiting family for the weekend so I’m likely going to be eating off plan as I’m not cooking the meals but I will do my best.

I do not have steps for 10/8
  • draby2011
    draby2011 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I am back!!!! I have had a lot going on the last couple of weeks and I thought I was getting past it but it has been one storm after another, unfortunately. However, I am not letting it hold me back anymore. I have spent the last couple of days getting back to running/working out and today I was officially back on track diet-wise. Luckily for me, with all the craziness I haven't had much of an appetite so even though I was eating like crap, I pretty much maintained my weight.

So steps for October:
    1: 5,195
    2: 7,404
    3: 4,090
    4: 7,709
    5: 4,596
    6: 7,998
    7: 10,619
    8: 10, 640
    9: 10,024

Today I kicked major butt as I dropped my car off for an oil change and walked the 0.7-mile walk to work and then went to the gym for some more cardio and strength training after work. I also did a little bit more walking just to make sure I met my step goal! (Gotta say though, not very happy with my Fitbit! I hit 9,998 steps and literally walked about 150 more steps before it even said I hit 10,000 so it has me questioning the accuracy for sure but oh well!) Tomorrow is a hospital day for me so I am going to try to get as many steps in as possible AND get some of next week's assignments done for school! (I am thinking we have workstations that we roll around with us as we go from room to room so I think I will do my school work on there instead of sitting at the nursing station so I can keep moving, we will see!) So far I have a 100% in my class and definitely trying to keep it that way! I am actually kind of excited to weigh in tomorrow! Let's see how this goes! :smile:
  • ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    10/9/2020

User: ScorpioGirl70
    Weigh In: Friday
    PW: 214
    CW: 214
    No Loss or Gain... heck I will take that!

Steps 5528
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Pw: 3 Oct 134,4 kg = 296,3 lbs
    Cw: 10 Oct 133,1 kg = 293,4 lbs
    Steps 9 Oct: 13.170 steps
  • darleenturner
    darleenturner Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Yay! It’s the weekend. It’s Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada. (Am I the only Canadian in the group?) What do you have planned?

Happy Thanksgiving

Looking forward to visiting again next year.

We dont celebrate anything like that. The only time we eat Turkey is xmas
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,495 Member
    Options
    really proud of myself today. 3 hrs drive to Scotland and still managed to get in 10579 steps and stay within my calories.

Lovely day at Falkirk Wheel.

Need to drink more water tomorrow as only got in 2225ml today.

That is great! It is hard to stay within calories when travelling. Awesome steps!

@lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970

After talking with someone and giving it some more thought, I've decided to stay in the group challenge . I really need to stay as focused as I can, and. I just don't know for sure if I can be here every day, but I'll try. Don't want to let my health problems get in the way of me losing weight.

Yesterday, was a bad day and I over ate a lot so I think I'll gain and not lose weight, when I weigh in the morning.

I am so glad you decided to stay. Just do your best. We will be here whenever you need us.

rlaskey2 wrote: »
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie No
    Steps 12630
    Exercise: 10 rounds upper body workout

Yesterday was a good day, kids were in school so I had the day to myself and was able to meet some of my coworkers for lunch. I miss them so much, hit six months of being furloughed this week. We had lunch out and was able to find entries in MFP but came home and verified nutritional info online. MFP entries I found were half right.

I think this is one of the worst things about Covid is missing friends. I haven’t been out with my friends since early March.
  • Kitty2Katz
    Options
    Username: Kitty2Katz
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW: 287.2
    CW: 288.6 (+1.4) ⬆️ I knew there would be a gain. 😩 When I'm really upset about something, I tend to over eat. It's ok today's a new day.
    LTD (Loss to Date): Before mfp (-111.4 lbs) Challenge: (-0.0)
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

I think treats over the holidays are so tough to resist.

Congrats on the loss! Onderland is so close. Sometimes it is so hard not to eat our feelings. I know I did it all week. I think it is a matter of finding another outlet beside food. Please take care of your knee. I had a knee replacement at 52 so I sympathize with you.

lcfa5317 wrote: »
    Celebrated my sister’s birthday today. Thankfully she had me make angel food cake with berries. Not a fabulous day, but it could have been so much worse. The small wins!

Angel food cake is such a good option when having cake.

Logged everything (even the chips and salsa)
    Water still not there yet
    Ab challenge done

Good for you logging everything. Keep trying on the water. I count my tea and coffee in my water intake. My dietitian said to count all liquids beside sugary drinks.

I was born in Canada (Alberta )

I’m Canadian! In Calgary, Alberta

Daily Post Friday

Happy Thanksgiving weekend to you. It is harder to stay on track when celebrating holidays. We are having pumpkin cheesecake on Monday. I will eat it and track.

draby2011 wrote: »
    I am back!!!! I have had a lot going on the last couple of weeks and I thought I was getting past it but it has been one storm after another, unfortunately. However, I am not letting it hold me back anymore. I have spent the last couple of days getting back to running/working out and today I was officially back on track diet-wise. Luckily for me, with all the craziness I haven't had much of an appetite so even though I was eating like crap, I pretty much maintained my weight.

So steps for October:
    1: 5,195
    2: 7,404
    3: 4,090
    4: 7,709
    5: 4,596
    6: 7,998
    7: 10,619
    8: 10, 640
    9: 10,024

Today I kicked major butt as I dropped my car off for an oil change and walked the 0.7-mile walk to work and then went to the gym for some more cardio and strength training after work. I also did a little bit more walking just to make sure I met my step goal! (Gotta say though, not very happy with my Fitbit! I hit 9,998 steps and literally walked about 150 more steps before it even said I hit 10,000 so it has me questioning the accuracy for sure but oh well!) Tomorrow is a hospital day for me so I am going to try to get as many steps in as possible AND get some of next week's assignments done for school! (I am thinking we have workstations that we roll around with us as we go from room to room so I think I will do my school work on there instead of sitting at the nursing station so I can keep moving, we will see!) So far I have a 100% in my class and definitely trying to keep it that way! I am actually kind of excited to weigh in tomorrow! Let's see how this goes! :smile:

I am so glad you are back. I love your updates! It is amazing how you juggle everything and still find time to exercise. Inspiring! Sometimes I think my Fitbit doesn’t count steps as well. It will buzz saying I need 20 steps to get my 250 and I will walk from one end of the apartment and back. It still indicates i need 20 steps.

10/9/2020

User: ScorpioGirl70
    Weigh In: Friday
    PW: 214
    CW: 214
    No Loss or Gain... heck I will take that!

Steps 5528

With quitting smoking and trying to navigate the snacking cravings as result you did well maintaining. I think it is a win.

Z10Rtza wrote: »
    Pw: 3 Oct 134,4 kg = 296,3 lbs
    Cw: 10 Oct 133,1 kg = 293,4 lbs
    Steps 9 Oct: 13.170 steps

Awesome loss! Do you think sleeping better is helping your sleep?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Username: Kitty2Katz
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW: 287.2
    CW: 288.6 (+1.4) ⬆️ I knew there would be a gain. 😩 When I'm really upset about something, I tend to over eat. It's ok today's a new day.
    LTD (Loss to Date): Before mfp (-111.4 lbs) Challenge: (-0.0)

You had a tough week so don’t be upset. Your loss to date is amazing!
This discussion has been closed.