Downsizers - November 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    lcfa5317 wrote: »
    Sunday, Nov.8
    19,393 steps!! I walked 5 miles with a friend & cleaned my house. My hips are killing me from all the walking. Going to do some yoga to stretch them.

Yoga sounds like a good way to give those sore muscles some relief. Well done with that 5 miles!
    Z10Rtza wrote: »
    New week, new perspective.
    I decided that even if I have been in the top 3 steppers here and in Samsung health for months, right now I don't have the time to walk that much. And not making my 10.000 steps is giving me a lot of stress. So as some of you recommended me, I'm going to put down my goal to 8.000 steps.
    It will be also challenging, but more reachable.

Sounds like a great plan Ziortza. Just do the best you can 💪🏻
    mszoueb wrote: »
    Hi all,

Oh and this past week (5th November) here in the UK we got put back into national lockdown for the second time until 2nd December.. there is some changes from last time but still relatively similar to back in March. It will be interesting to see if we do actually come out of it then or extend. After that we go back into the tiered system the government were doing previously.. where I am it was in Tier 2 going to move into Tier 3 so even if we stay in Tier 2 after 2nd December the laws mean it would likely still be no household mixing indoors with people you don't live with.. there is support bubble stuff but isn't applicable to my circumstances so will have to continue the no household indoor mixing. Bit surreal haven't had anyone else outside my household in my house since early March this year and doesn't look like it'll change anytime soon.

We’ve been locked down here in France as well until December 1st. They will let us know them if we will continue on longer. I’m very worried about Christmas at this year will be a very hard one for my family. It will be the first Christmas without my nieces and brother in law. 😔 I hope my mother in law doesn’t have to spend into her own💔
    lelbarou wrote: »
    Although I had a nice day socially yesterday with virtual coffee in the morning and dinner with my sister in the evening, I didn't get out and do a walk. I did do about 2 hours and a half of cleaning! Anyway, exercise is something I have to learn to incorporate into my day.
    Happy Monday. I hope everyone has a good week!

im glad you are finding a way to get through your days with your loved ones virtually. Such a great idea that we may use with my family as well. Thanks for sharing that❤️

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,519 Member
    Options
    Sunday’s check in
    Calories: over
    Water: ✅
    Sleep:✅
    Steps: 4,049
    DBF: 13

It was so good to get home and sleep in my own bed. I went slightly over on calories yesterday. When closed my diary I was fine but I was really hungry so I had a second snack. I suspect the hunger was a result of my weird weekend eating. Now to get back to a normal eating schedule. I am going to go for a short walk this morning. We will see how it goes.

Have a super Monday!

Weekly goals
    1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Drink 70 ounces of water
    3. Sleep 7.5 hours daily
    4. No binge eating/late night snacking
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Check-in: Saturday Nov 7

• 30 active minutes - 106 min ✔️
    • Water 2L - 2,500L ✔️
    • 10,000 steps - 12,157 ✔️
    • no carbs for dinner - fail ✖️

Happy Monday team. I’m running late checking in today. I have a sick boy today which was sent home from school. I’ve had to schedule a doctors visit this afternoon and hoping it’s nothing too serious. With COVID around I worry that he will need to be tested which is not pleasant speaking from personal experience. He has a sore throat and diarrhea which can be symptoms. Fingers crossed it’s not that.

Hope to share more tomorrow. ❤️

November goals:

•Achieve at least 30 active minutes daily.
    •Drink at least 2L water daily.
    •Reach at least 10,000 steps daily.
    •No Carbs for dinner.

I hope your son is ok and don’t need a Covid test. I will keep my fingers crossed that everything is alright. 🤞
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Well done Downsizers!
    Top 3 again!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    t2n2ysv66aek.jpeg

Congratulations! You are top three for weight loss last week.
    @Bluetail6
    @iHUSTLE4MUSCLE
    @lelbarou
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    I will post the weekend challenge results when everyone has reported.
  • Case0099
    Case0099 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    CW 221.8 :(
    PW 219.6
    LTD 23.2

I didn't track or eat like I should for about a week and just got back on track. I think (hope!) that the gain was caused by salt and water retention, so we'll see what next week brings. I know it's only 2 pounds but it makes me sad.
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Tracked No
    Under calories ?
    Steps 24,938
    Exercise walking & hike

Lots and lots of exercise yesterday and eating was ok. Beach walk in the am and hike with family in the afternoon with dog. It was so beautiful here couldn’t be inside.
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post November 8
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 4296
    Exercise 20min walk

Thank you to everyone who gave well wishes for my parents. They did a video chat last night with the kids, they are used to seeing them pretty often so the quarantine is hard for them, especially with a new baby in the family. They are a little run down but didn't look too bad.

Yesterday was a rest day for me but we did take a 20min family walk in the middle of the day outside.

Sunday Weekend Challenge 5/5
    1. Track all day Yes
    2. Stay under calories Yes
    3. Take 5 minutes for yourself (deep breathing, journaling, etc) I took a long shower and relaxed. I do some good thinking in the shower haha
    4. 20 minutes of exercise Our family walk
    5. Eat a piece of fruit each day I ate some grapes
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    11/7 7,496
    11/8 3,670

Weekend Challenge:
    Friday was all good.
    Saturday and Sunday...total FAIL!
    ❌❌❌❌❌

Monday Reset Day!
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    It was so good to get home and sleep in my own bed. I went slightly over on calories yesterday. When closed my diary I was fine but I was really hungry so I had a second snack. I suspect the hunger was a result of my weird weekend eating. Now to get back to a normal eating schedule. I am going to go for a short walk this morning. We will see how it goes.

Ahh so happy for you to be home and ready to get back on schedule. I can’t be away from my bed too long. I loves my bed 🛌 have a nice walk 🚶🏻‍♀️❤️
    I hope your son is ok and don’t need a Covid test. I will keep my fingers crossed that everything is alright. 🤞

Thanks Linda. I just walked in from his appointment and it’s a stomach bug. He suspects the Halloween sweets didn’t help with the cramping and diarrhea so no more sweets for awhile which he’s pretty disappointed about 😖. He must stay home from school for 3 days and he has a note back to school that he has no COVID symptom and can return. Thank god he didn’t need to do the test. His poor little nose 😔
    t2n2ysv66aek.jpeg

@Bluetail6
    @iHUSTLE4MUSCLE
    @lelbarou

Yay congrats to our top 3!!!
    Case0099 wrote: »

I didn't track or eat like I should for about a week and just got back on track. I think (hope!) that the gain was caused by salt and water retention, so we'll see what next week brings. I know it's only 2 pounds but it makes me sad.

I’m sure that you will see results this week. Just stick to it. Forgive yourself and have a strong week 💪🏻
    rlaskey2 wrote: »
    Lots and lots of exercise yesterday and eating was ok. Beach walk in the am and hike with family in the afternoon with dog. It was so beautiful here couldn’t be inside.

Sounds so nice! Well done on your exercise 💪🏻
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Thank you to everyone who gave well wishes for my parents. They did a video chat last night with the kids, they are used to seeing them pretty often so the quarantine is hard for them, especially with a new baby in the family. They are a little run down but didn't look too bad.

Yesterday was a rest day for me but we did take a 20min family walk in the middle of the day outside.

I’m glad to hear they are staying strong. It’s been so hard for so many but I always feel extra bad for grandparents who can’t see their grand babies. Breaks my heart 😔

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,074 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    I will be zero-ing out the missing steps I don't have from the following people by the end of the day

@lcfa5317 missing 11/7
    @draby2011 missing 11/7
    @TracyKlaft1 11/5 thru 11/7
    @littleflutterby 11/7

Thanks Ladies for your cooperation :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,074 Member
    Options
    Goooooood Morning ... Happy Monday ...I hope everyone had a good weekend and is having a great Monday ... I just got back from our walk ....6.25 miles :)
  • kjack011
    kjack011 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello. Just getting an opportunity to log in because of training obligations. The following information is for last week:
    🏃🏻‍♀️ Exercise: NO :s
    💦 Water: YES
    🍽 Calories: NO :#
    😴 Sleep: YES
    I am hoping this week is better, since I do not have to worry about focusing on training.

Have a great Monday!
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 Monday weigh-in 169.6 Have a good day!
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I will be zero-ing out the missing steps I don't have from the following people by the end of the day

@lcfa5317 missing 11/7
    @draby2011 missing 11/7
    @TracyKlaft1 11/5 thru 11/7
    @littleflutterby 11/7

Thanks Ladies for your cooperation :)

Sorry... 2109 for me :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Case0099 wrote: »
    CW 221.8 :(
    PW 219.6
    LTD 23.2

You know what you did wrong last week. Put it behind you and reset. You can crush this week!

Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily Post November 8
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 4296
    Exercise 20min walk

Sunday Weekend Challenge 5/5
    1. Track all day Yes
    2. Stay under calories Yes
    3. Take 5 minutes for yourself (deep breathing, journaling, etc) I took a long shower and relaxed. I do some good thinking in the shower haha
    4. 20 minutes of exercise Our family walk
    5. Eat a piece of fruit each day I ate some grapes

You did amazing with the weekend challenge.

Steps:
    11/7 7,496
    11/8 3,670

Weekend Challenge:
    Friday was all good.
    Saturday and Sunday...total FAIL!
    ❌❌❌❌❌

Monday Reset Day!

It is just a bump on the road. Get back to what you to what you durning the previous weekend challenge. You did really well carrying that momentum all week long. You can do it!

Goooooood Morning ... Happy Monday ...I hope everyone had a good weekend and is having a great Monday ... I just got back from our walk ....6.25 miles :)

Awesome walk, Megan!

kjack011 wrote: »
    Hello. Just getting an opportunity to log in because of training obligations. The following information is for last week:
    🏃🏻‍♀️ Exercise: NO :s
    💦 Water: YES
    🍽 Calories: NO :#
    😴 Sleep: YES
    I am hoping this week is better, since I do not have to worry about focusing on training.

Have a great Monday!

Looking forward to hearing more from you! Nice work on hitting your sleep and water goal. Now that you can focus you can do well on your exercise and calories.

363days wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018 Monday weigh-in 169.6 Have a good day!

Awesome loss this week! What is the most important thing you did last week that helped you see a loss?
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    t2n2ysv66aek.jpeg

@Bluetail6
    @iHUSTLE4MUSCLE
    @lelbarou

@lindamtuck2018 I think this is incorrect.... my weight on the spreadsheet was entered incorrectly --- it should be 175.8 not 174.8. So I don't think I'm on the top 3. It's actually YOU who's in 3rd place! Congrats!!

• lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Check-in: Saturday Nov 7

• 30 active minutes - 106 min ✔️
    • Water 2L - 2,500L ✔️
    • 10,000 steps - 12,157 ✔️
    • no carbs for dinner - fail ✖️

Happy Monday team. I’m running late checking in today. I have a sick boy today which was sent home from school. I’ve had to schedule a doctors visit this afternoon and hoping it’s nothing too serious. With COVID around I worry that he will need to be tested which is not pleasant speaking from personal experience. He has a sore throat and diarrhea which can be symptoms. Fingers crossed it’s not that.

Hope to share more tomorrow. ❤️

November goals:

•Achieve at least 30 active minutes daily.
    •Drink at least 2L water daily.
    •Reach at least 10,000 steps daily.
    •No Carbs for dinner.

Hi Mari. Sorry t hear that your son is sick. I have my fingers and toes crossed for you that it's not Covid or that he has only mild symptoms if he does. You did a great job with your exercise and steps! Great work on your activity level! Hope your boy is feeling better tomorrow! I wish you and your family the best!
    Laura
  • shortyjmorgan1
    shortyjmorgan1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Sorry so late with the weigh in. 166.4
This discussion has been closed.