Santa Sprint 2020 Challenge

Options

Replies

• lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    We can just make it clear people can jump in (keeping with the theme!) any time of the month.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    12/28:
    on-plan: :innocent:
    exercise: :innocent: Sansone walking vids, a little over 5 miles worth.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    12/29
    December goals: (12/27 - 1/02)

15k steps per day ✅✅✅
    Carbs below 50g/day? ✅✅✅
    Gluten Free? ✅✅✅
    60 mins (minimum) exercise ✅✅✅
    Tracked everything? ✅✅✅
    Under calorie goal? ✅✅✅
    Bible Reading Schedule ✅✅✅
    c25k program 3x/week✅
    Core work 3x/week?✅✅
    *1st Goal weight of 175 by New Years Day!
    CW: 177.9

Today I did 20 mins of rebounding on the mini trampoline and 20 mins of walking 3.0 on the treadmill. Then later I also did 30 mins of c25k and I'M SO EXCITED to announce that I was able to do 3.8 mph for the full 20 mins during the c25k!!!! It felt good!
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    That's awesome @Mrs_Hoffer :). I miss running, so I've been watching your progress with C25K somewhat vicariously.
  • lemurcat2
    Options
    Last few days (12/27-29):

(1) Logged and under goal -- 12/27 and 28, no, yes, today.

(2) Eat 80ish g net carbs (maybe lower) and at least 85 g protein -- again,12/27 and 28, no, yes today.

(3) Over 10K steps and all rings closed -- the opposite, yes on 12/27-28 (around 13K steps each day), whereas today I took a total rest day and just said forget it. (I would have done a long walk and hit everything, but it was snowing and my car was skidding and I just decided I didn't feel like going out again.)

(4) Did planned workout -- yes for 12/27 and 12/28 (45 min bike, strength training plus 5K), sort of for 12/29 as I decided it was a planned rest day, which I haven't had in a while

(5) Morning meditation/evening journal -- yes.

My sister reminded me I promised to take her to look at Christmas lights and then get deep dish pizza for dinner on 1/1, and I'll do black-eyed peas and collard greens for good luck at lunch, so my lower low carbing (under 50 g net) won't start until 1/2, but I'm excited about it. Am eating up some apples and pears in advance, as I usually don't eat lots of fruit in Jan anyway.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,687 Member
    Options
    12/29 Food on point ...had a great birthday walk with my daughter and my husky ... we walked 9.11 miles :) Big 5 0 today :o
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    Happy birthday for real this time, @Megan_smartiepants1970 :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    Happy birthday for real this time, @Megan_smartiepants1970 :)

Thank you so much :)
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    Lovely food day, half hour walk, and got my 12 hours of hourly steps on Fitbit. Felt MUCH better today thanks to decent sleep and also doubling down on electrolytes (been slacking, and I think switching up food, which took a chunk of sodium and potassium out of my diet, dropped me to a point where I need to pay better attention).

Need to think about my January goals, since that's day after tomorrow for me!
  • baconslave
    Options
    12/29:
    on-plan: :innocent:
    exercise: :innocent: strength...not a good workout. I did not have a lot of energy yesterday. Blech. Felt like molasses. Def gross with no gas in the tank. But I also met my Non-sedentary step goal using a walking vid. Hoping for more energy today.
  • lemurcat2
    Options
    12/29 Food on point ...had a great birthday walk with my daughter and my husky ... we walked 9.11 miles :) Big 5 0 today :o

Happy birthday!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    lemurcat2 wrote: »

Happy birthday!

Thank you so much @lemurcat12 :)
  • baconslave
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 Yassssss! Happy birthday!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 Yassssss! Happy birthday!

Thank you so much ...I still can not I turned 50 yesterday :)
  • lemurcat2
    Options
    I still can't believe I turned 50 a year ago!
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    12/30
    December goals: (12/27 - 1/02)

15k steps per day ✅✅✅✅
    Carbs below 50g/day? ✅✅✅✅
    Gluten Free? ✅✅✅✅
    60 mins (minimum) exercise ✅✅✅✅
    Tracked everything? ✅✅✅✅
    Under calorie goal? ✅✅✅✅
    Bible Reading Schedule ✅✅✅✅
    c25k program 3x/week✅
    Core work 3x/week?✅✅
    *1st Goal weight of 175 by New Years Day!
    CW: 177.9

Today I did 80 mins on the treadmill. I travelled to Cinci to spend the day visiting my sister. I did 20 mins before I left this morning, and then another 60 mins tonight when I got home. I did a couple of sessions of "jogging in place" at her house, which she thought that I was cuckoo! Lol. She has bipolar disorder as well as agoraphobia (fear of leaving her own home) and seriously RARELY ever leaves her house because of anxiety and panic attacks. She has her groceries delivered and she won't even go for a walk down her quiet residential street. I try to make the 2 hour drive (one way) 3-4 times per year to go visit her and to cut and/or color her hair. She also loves that I'm losing weight because I've been giving her all of my 2X size clothing! She's my only sister and exactly 1 year younger than me.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    Superb day to end the year on. Food was super on point - nutrient dense, low cal (and carb), and super filling. Over 11,000 steps, with two shorter walks and then a longer one this evening because I was so stuffed after dinner :lol:

AND, after thinking it wasn't going to happen, again, due to water weight, again, made my weight loss goal of 3kg for the month, weighing in at 82kg on the nose this morning :)

Happy New Year, everyone. I sincerely hope it's a whole lot better for those of you in the COVID zones.
  • baconslave
    Options
    12/30:
    On-plan: :innocent:
    Exercise: :innocent: Good leg-stretching walk. 12k steps for the day.

I need to make myself to do strength again. Hopefully I won't struggle as much as last time. I don't know why I keep dreading strength days so much anymore. I guess I'm bored and my stress and being quite antsy from the situation I'm in (perpetual quarantine thanks to community spread of COVID being so absolutely out of control here) bleeds over. Don't ever let anyone tell you patience is a virtue. It's a skill, plain and simple. And mine's been practiced a lot this year.
This discussion has been closed.