Today's Goals - What are yours?

Replies

• gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    @conniewilkins56 You better get the Florida weather under control before I get there!! I'm going to get away from the cold!
  • Today I got a batch of sugar-free medicinal fudge made, a lamb gyro quichecake made, the chicken I roasted last night taken apart and the carcass stewing for broth, and a lot of presents wrapped. I also nailed down what I'm doing for Christmas with my family; I'm going to go up on the 18th and have my birthday presents (birthday is the 17th) and watch my sons unwrap their Christmas presents, and drop off the presents for my sister's family. Mom promises to make sure that Niece (7) unwraps hers from me there so she can take a picture or ten of it for me. Then I'll just do things with my partners here for Christmas. I feel better having that done.

Tonight I want to go ahead and make the enchiladas for next Friday so I can freeze them and have something easy to shove in the oven when I get home from Mom's house, and then finish off the presents waiting to be wrapped upstairs, and then I can call it a night.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Today I need to get completely back on track....what was I thinking?....did I really think I could eat what I wanted to for ten days and not gain weight?...I feel horrible!...fat, stuffed, can’t breathe...ugh....here I go again....I will eventually learn!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,545 Member
    Today I need to get completely back on track....what was I thinking?....did I really think I could eat what I wanted to for ten days and not gain weight?...I feel horrible!...fat, stuffed, can’t breathe...ugh....here I go again....I will eventually learn!

Perhaps this is a halfway there experience? (I'm speaking for myself also!) Once upon a time I could eat like "this" and feel fine. It was normal and I didn't know that I could feel any better.

These days, not so much.

Eventually, I hope, the "scales" (nice metaphor!) will tip and it just won't be worth it to overeat stuff that benefits the outdated part of my mind but not my body. IF - we keep getting back on track and remind ourselves how much better we can feel - both psychologically and physically!

I'm getting closer. I can feel it. One of my "pigouts" on Christmas Eve day because I hadn't made time or a plan to feed myself properly, was a bunch of baby cucumbers, an almost-full container of store-bought hummus, a chunk of cheese and two protein bars. That was bad for deficit eating me - but when I logged it, I realized it was so much better than what I would have eaten a year ago. There were some sweets in the fridge and cabinet for Christmas gatherings, but I was able to not open those - because 1: I knew I wouldn't stop, and 2: I understood part of the reason I wouldn't stop is because they would not satisfy my "hunger" - they would just pile in a whole lotta empty calories while leaving me hungry.

I had another not so healthy pig out yesterday....but that was at least partially because there was little in the way of decent food left in the house and there was half a container of leftover fancy rum cookies. But, at the end of the day - when I got over the knee-jerk "bad Laurie" response - I feel the holiday eating was a good learning experience.

Biggest one is I have to prepare! Make sure there are many nutritious, satisfying, ****ready to eat**** options on hand, for when I will, not doubt, be running down - mentally and physically, and surrounded by an endless buffet of treats.

Thank you for your post - I've been reading - looking for inspiration - and your brilliant honesty cut through the fog of my brain and had me thinking this morning.
  • conniewilkins56
    It is very difficult to keep promises to yourself....thank you for your reply to my post....yours helped me....I literally stuffed myself for ten days....I intentionally lied to myself....I threw caution to the wind and it will take me at least a month to undo the damage I have caused....no one would or could believe how much weight I put back on in such a short time....I know it’s mostly water but I am sure some of it is plain old fat....
  • lauriekallis
    It is very difficult to keep promises to yourself....thank you for your reply to my post....yours helped me....I literally stuffed myself for ten days....I intentionally lied to myself....I threw caution to the wind and it will take me at least a month to undo the damage I have caused....no one would or could believe how much weight I put back on in such a short time....I know it’s mostly water but I am sure some of it is plain old fat....

I'm so sorry that you are facing this now. It kinda takes the charm out of the holidays. Please be kind to yourself as you get back into the groove. You are here. You haven't given up. You deserve accolades for that - it ain't easy.
  • conniewilkins56
    Oh, I wont give up....I worked hard to lose 103 lbs....I won’t let this derail me....only a detour!.....over the hump and back at it!...thanks!
  • mssue18
    mssue18 Posts: 117 Member
    Today all I have felt like doing is sleeping. To everyone struggling after Christmas please be kind to yourselves. Plan for your next step so you won’t get overwhelmed. Today I am going food shopping. I am going to be safe both in what I buy, and by wearing a mask especially after the holidays. I always wear a mask anyway. It’s a big job for me to go food shopping so I have to psych myself up to do it today. That is my goal for today.
  • conniewilkins56
    mssue18 wrote: »
    Today all I have felt like doing is sleeping. To everyone struggling after Christmas please be kind to yourselves. Plan for your next step so you won’t get overwhelmed. Today I am going food shopping. I am going to be safe both in what I buy, and by wearing a mask especially after the holidays. I always wear a mask anyway. It’s a big job for me to go food shopping so I have to psych myself up to do it today. That is my goal for today.

I actually enjoy going to the grocery store, planning and preparing and eating meals!....but today I made myself go and get some healthier foods I was out of to start the week out on the right foot!....I plan to make 2021 a very lean year and learn from my mistakes this year....I jotted down some notes about what I am not baking or cooking next Christmas...good luck!
  • lauriekallis
    Oh, I wont give up....I worked hard to lose 103 lbs....I won’t let this derail me....only a detour!.....over the hump and back at it!...thanks!

I never imagined you were going to give up!
  • Ccricfo
    Ccricfo Posts: 156 Member

Connie:

I have no doubt that you will prevail. I also ate more this week than I planned, but I can start over. I'm starting to see that as a blessing, that life is a series of chances to start over. The old "me" would tell myself that I might as week wait until Friday, and just make a New Year's resolution (as if that ever works) and I would just stuff myself in the mean time.....

Chris
  • conniewilkins56
    Ccricfo wrote: »

Connie:

I have no doubt that you will prevail. I also ate more this week than I planned, but I can start over. I'm starting to see that as a blessing, that life is a series of chances to start over. The old "me" would tell myself that I might as week wait until Friday, and just make a New Year's resolution (as if that ever works) and I would just stuff myself in the mean time.....

Chris
    You are so right!....thank you
  • conniewilkins56
    My goal is to make it thru the day on the right amount of calories....
  • conniewilkins56
    One more day to stay on track!...yesterday wasn’t so bad....I can do this!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,122 Member
    edited December 2020
    I haven't checked in for a while but I'm glad to see thread is still ticking over.

Today's Goals/ To Do list
    > Log accurately
    > Adequately hydrate
    > Take a walk
    > Yoga & meditation before bed
    > Laundry

Tomorrow's Goals/ To Do list
    > Log accurately
    > Adequately hydrate
    > Take a walk
    > Strength training
    > Make chicken chilli
    > Start next Kombucha batch
    > Vacuum
  • conniewilkins56
    I haven't checked in for a while but I'm glad to see thread is still ticking over.

Today's Goals/ To Do list
    > Log accurately
    > Adequately hydrate
    > Take a walk
    > Yoga & meditation before bed
    > Laundry

Tomorrow's Goals/ To Do list
    > Log accurately
    > Adequately hydrate
    > Take a walk
    > Strength training
    > Make chicken chilli
    > Start next Kombucha batch
    > Vacuum

Glad to see you back!..these are great goals!....I hope you have so much success in 2021 achieving all of your goals!
  • I've had a lot of fog and low-grade pain today. A cold front's moving in, which is probably why. But I did get the dishes all the way done, and the meals made, and have eaten what I logged and no more, and I'm pretty proud of that.
  • conniewilkins56
    I've had a lot of fog and low-grade pain today. A cold front's moving in, which is probably why. But I did get the dishes all the way done, and the meals made, and have eaten what I logged and no more, and I'm pretty proud of that.

You should be proud of yourself!....good job!....sorry for your pain....the chilly weather we are having has my husbands RA raging!
  • conniewilkins56
    My third day back at healthy eating....I feel like I am in control again but I am not going to let myself become over confident....one hour, one day, one week at a time!
  • My third day back at healthy eating....I feel like I am in control again but I am not going to let myself become over confident....one hour, one day, one week at a time!

That's what I'm doing. One hour, one day, one minute if I need to, and I won't die if I get a little hungry before it's time for my next meal.

We're having Thai-style peanut pork tonight, so I want to save calories for that. YUM.