Today's Goals - What are yours?

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    I haven't checked in for a while but I'm glad to see thread is still ticking over.

Today's Goals/ To Do list
    > Log accurately
    > Adequately hydrate
    > Take a walk

> Yoga & meditation before bed
    > Laundry

Tomorrow's Goals/ To Do list
    > Log accurately
    > Adequately hydrate
    > Take a walk

> Strength training
    > Make chicken chilli
    > Start next Kombucha batch
    > Vacuum

Bit of a numpty this morning, I locked myself out of my apartment on my way out for a walk, realised just after door swung closed behind me, so it threw my day out a bit, I sacrificed my strength training session for a scenic drive on the way back from my walk and stopped off at the beach instead as it was announced today we're back into a 5km limit from our home for exercise.

Anyway managed to get most of the list done, also took down my Christmas decorations, reorganised my office corner in the living room to where the tree was and tidied up our basement storage. I guess I probably could have done the strength training after all :lol:

Tomorrow's Goals/To Do List
    > Log accurately
    > Adequately hydrate
    > Get 5 portions of fruit and veg into my day
    > Strength training
    > Catch up on work stuff in the morning
    > Swap out sodastream cartridge and order new one.
    > Head into work in the afternoon
    > Early night, bath, meditation and yoga before bed
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    My third day back at healthy eating....I feel like I am in control again but I am not going to let myself become over confident....one hour, one day, one week at a time!

That's what I'm doing. One hour, one day, one minute if I need to, and I won't die if I get a little hungry before it's time for my next meal.

We're having Thai-style peanut pork tonight, so I want to save calories for that. YUM.

You are an amazing cook, planner, prepper!....I am a good cook but we are meat,potatoe,and vegetable with salad type!....

Every day was a struggle thru the holidays and now I feel so good and normal again!...glad you are hitting it again, too!
  • My third day back at healthy eating....I feel like I am in control again but I am not going to let myself become over confident....one hour, one day, one week at a time!

That's what I'm doing. One hour, one day, one minute if I need to, and I won't die if I get a little hungry before it's time for my next meal.

We're having Thai-style peanut pork tonight, so I want to save calories for that. YUM.

You are an amazing cook, planner, prepper!....I am a good cook but we are meat,potatoe,and vegetable with salad type!....

Every day was a struggle thru the holidays and now I feel so good and normal again!...glad you are hitting it again, too!

I didn't get peanut pork. My wonderful system failed me and there was no can of coconut milk on the pantry shelf. !!! So I ate the end of a package of tortellini with some left over red sauce and a bit of seasoned beef, and it was pretty good too. And calorically cheaper, which is nice. I'm having one of those nights where being able to eat a little extra candy feels good.

Tomorrow we're having fettucini alfredo with zucchini. Boyfriend has his alfredo sauce and chicken chunks on top of the pan-seared zucchini and says he doesn't miss pasta. I recommend that to everyone else as a pasta sub. Girlfriend likes her zucchini on top of the pasta. I don't like zucchini. (wry grin)

• mssue18
    mssue18 Posts: 117 Member
    I bought a lot of healthy food this week. I think I’m eating too much of it though. It’s hard to plan my meals this week because my work schedule keeps changing at the last minute. I’m having a hard time staying organized with food. Tonight my goal is to plan what I’ll eat tomorrow. I’m working New Year’s eve which is tomorrow and my weigh in day is New Year’s day. Tomorrow I will eat healthy in moderation!
  • conniewilkins56
    Today’s goal is to relax and enjoy the last day of 2020..I am ending the year the same way I will begin the new one.....staying on track!
  • tinkerbellang83

> Log accurately
    > Adequately hydrate
    > Strength training
    > Catch up on work stuff in the morning
    > Swap out sodastream cartridge and order new one.
    > Head into work in the afternoon

> Early night, bath, meditation and yoga before bed

Was later to bed than planned, did no meditation or yoga as I was quite tired.
    8d8dq7u2pup8.png

Today's Goals/To Do List
    > Log accurately
    > Adequately hydrate
    > Finish reupholstering my office chair
    > Do some yoga
    > Write up meal plan for the week.
    > Get out for a walk
    > Prep sandwiches for long drive tomorrow (6 hour round trip picking up OH from the airport)
    > Prep potatoes for dinner tomorrow night.
    > Try again for early night, bath and meditation

• tinkerbellang83
    Today's Goals/To Do List
    > Log accurately
    > Adequately hydrate

> Finish reupholstering my office chair
    > Do some yoga
    > Write up meal plan for the week.
    > Get out for a walk
    > Prep sandwiches for long drive tomorrow (6 hour round trip picking up OH from the airport)
    > Prep potatoes for dinner tomorrow night.
    > Try again for early night, bath and meditation

Pretty productive day, prioritised exercise over upholstering/meal planning as today was always going to be a pretty carefree eating day (to the tune of around 4000 calories)

> Log accurately
    > Adequately hydrate
    > Remember to put tax disc in car as will be passing through police checkpoints tomorrow I expect as we're currently locked down to 5km with the exception of essential travel.
    > Strength Training
    > Do up meal plan for next week
    > Finish upholstering chair
    > Face mask and meditation before bed
    > Try and squeeze a short walk in on way back from airport to stretch legs though this will be dependent on weather and police checkpoints.

• mssue18
    mssue18 Posts: 117 Member
    Happy New Year! I finished the year 3 lbs. less than last year. It’s in the right direction. Tonight I want to plan some meals for next week. I only seem to be able to plan one meal at a time, but I would like to plan a few dinners. Tomorrow I will have a tofu stir fry with vegetables and brown rice. That should last me 3 nights. Tuesday I will have frozen pizzarogies with jarred marinara sauce with a salad. It’s easy. This is my first attempt at planning two dinners in a row. This planning might just be what I need.
  • Log accurately
    Drink enough
    Figure out whether or not Younger Son and Younger Son's Boyfriend are going to come over and if a meal is involved, because not knowing makes my Sunday way too fluid for my tastes.
    Make lunch: Hot Italian Beef sandwiches
    Make dinner: Curried lamb meatballs, with rice and naan.

I'm having a lot of pain and I don't know whether it's TOM connected or gut. So I'm hesitant to make any larger goals because I don' t know what kind of energy I'm going to have or whether it's a day where I'll spend a lot of time in the bathroom. Oh what fun.

• conniewilkins56
    My goal today is to get more steps in!...and keeping my calories on target....stay strong!
  • tinkerbellang83
    > Log accurately
    > Adequately hydrate
    > Remember to put tax disc in car as will be passing through police checkpoints tomorrow I expect as we're currently locked down to 5km with the exception of essential travel.

> Strength Training
    > Try and squeeze a short walk in on way back from airport to stretch legs though this will be dependent on weather and police checkpoints.

Swapped exercise schedule around as calves a bit tight and don't think they'd be too impressed if I threw squats at them as well. Settled for an evening walk instead, danced around the apartment whilst doing laundry to a bit of Nina Simone, Aretha Franklin and Etta James which helped push my steps up a bit after a day of mostly sitting in the car. Heading to bed shortly for that facemask and a spot of meditation.

Tomorrow's Goals
    > Log accurately
    > Adequately hydrate
    > Strength Training
    > Re-hang curtains (Landlord appears to have hung them at wrong windows, some are not wide enough for where they are, others are totally bunched up and the big window we have is a pretty cold spot so could do with the benefit of actually being able to close the curtains fully.
    > Walk
    > Yoga if I feel like it
  • tinkerbellang83
    > Log accurately
    > Adequately hydrate

> Strength Training

Swapped exercise schedule around as calves a bit tight and don't think they'd be too impressed if I threw squats at them as well. Settled for an evening walk instead, danced around the apartment whilst doing laundry to a bit of Nina Simone, Aretha Franklin and Etta James which helped push my steps up a bit after a day of mostly sitting in the car. Heading to bed shortly for that facemask and a spot of meditation.

Tomorrow's Goals
    > Log accurately
    > Adequately hydrate
    > Strength Training
    > Re-hang curtains (Landlord appears to have hung them at wrong windows, some are not wide enough for where they are, others are totally bunched up and the big window we have is a pretty cold spot so could do with the benefit of actually being able to close the curtains fully.
    > Walk

> Yoga if I feel like it

May or may not do the yoga..

Tomorrow's Goals
    > Log accurately
    > Adequately hydrate
    > Lunchtime walk
    > Take office Christmas decs down
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,592 Member
    My goals for today - the first get back to normal day of the year - are simple:

Personal:

-18,000 steps

-one hour of painting (my new system to make sure art doesn't slip to the wayside and to make sure I prioritize the "me stuff" in my day. Making progress on an insanely tedious painting I'm working on feels deeply satisfying.

Weight:

-stay under 1500 calories (I have some making up to do!)

-prepare my go-to major meal of the day: two scrambled eggs, black beans, lots of different veggies - with a splash of olive oil and a little feta cheese sprinkled on top - and a small baked sweet potato

-no eating past 9 p.m. (this is a new trend that tends to happen when I don't eat sufficient nutrition during the day, and can lead into almost bingeing really quickly)

And alas I guess I must fit some work into the schedule too!

• lauriekallis
    My goals for today - the first get back to normal day of the year - are simple...

Famous last word..."simple"...only thing I managed was to cook the good major meal. 10:30 at night and I'm eating dinner...almost made 1500 calories - at 1510 now and still going to have another tea...13000 steps. Hmm. I thought writing everything down would do the trick. Maybe not. Tomorrow is another day with simple goals. :smile:

• tinkerbellang83

May or may not do the yoga.. Didn't

Tomorrow's Goals
    > Log accurately
    > Adequately hydrate
    > Lunchtime walk
    > Take office Christmas decs down

Today's Goals
    > Log accurately
    > Adequately hydrate
    > Strength Training at lunchtime
    > Walk after work
  • lauriekallis
    I met my goals today!!!! 22,000 steps. less than 1400 calories. Had my evening yoghurt snack at 9. Painted and worked! woohoo. I guess it just took 2 days to work up to this. I don't expect to maintain this for longer than a week...but that would make me pretty happy and would be a big help in getting me back onto that road to my ideal weight.
  • The tactic of changing up my meds to take advantage of their ability to boost my willpower regarding eating seems to work. I think I may slide it just a tad bit forward because I really don't want to only get tired at midnight. But it's definitely helping a bit. I am just working on getting some new habits formed, instead of the old ones of snacking constantly.
  • tinkerbellang83
    I met my goals today!!!! 22,000 steps. less than 1400 calories. Had my evening yoghurt snack at 9. Painted and worked! woohoo. I guess it just took 2 days to work up to this. I don't expect to maintain this for longer than a week...but that would make me pretty happy and would be a big help in getting me back onto that road to my ideal weight.

1400 calories doesn't seem very much for someone doing 22000 steps. Are you set to the right activity level?
  • lauriekallis

1400 calories doesn't seem very much for someone doing 22000 steps. Are you set to the right activity level?

I'm just working on getting back on track - I won't do that many steps every day - and I'll add calories soon - but it has been a long filling holiday season.
  • conniewilkins56
    Bravo on the steps...if I walked that many I would drop over dead!...my normal day used to be less than 2000 and now I do between 6 and 7 thousand!