What are you reading?

Replies

• LondonParisTexas
    LondonParisTexas Posts: 501 Member
    Saw this Pin and thought of you guys! Happy Reading!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,550 Member
    LondonParisTexas I love that!

Angela, let me know if you want more info on Patrick Taylor, he comes out with one a year. I'm saving the second until I feel a hit better!

The James Patterson was good, now I'm looking at two Kristin Hannah, a Carla Neggers, and another James Patterson. I'll probably go with the first since there's two, True Colors is about 3 sisters and a crime that shatters their family. I've never read her so I'll give her a try.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Kathy, thank you! I just checked my library system (online), and it has this series! 😀

I'm so glad you started this group! 💕
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    @Katmary71 I highly recommend Kristin Hannah's "The Great Alone". A great story set in the 70's about a family (Dad has PTSD from Vietnam) moving to Alaska with no experience. One of my favorite reads of 2019.

She has so many others and Firefly Lane is a new movie or series on Netflix.

I'm also grateful for this group. So many books...not enough time.
  • LondonParisTexas
    Already really enjoying the Book Nook! Thanks so much for setting it up!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,880 Member
    @bebeisfit @Katmary71 I can second the recommendation for "The Great Alone". One of the best books that I've read.
  • Katmary71
    @bebeisfit @trooworld I'll definitely check it out, I just finished her True Colors book about the three sisters and I loved it! I read 400 pages of it today! I just wish I had someone to talk to about it, turns out my mom's friend gave it to her and she passed it straight to me. I have a better ending but no one to tell it to!
  • trooworld
    @Katmary71 I wish I had read it so you could talk to me about it! That stinks that there is nobody to talk to about it.

HI all. I just started The Four Winds by Kristin Hannah. So far, so good. I'm not very far, I'm listening to it through Audible.
  • Katmary71
    @trooworld I wish you had read it too! I have one more of her books to read, I'm going to probably read it next.

I'm at the end of James Patterson The Inn, it's good but brutal, it's better than the last Women's Mystery Club.

@trooworld Did you read the urban fantasy? There's 3 prequels to it, my mom just downloaded them so they're in the queue.
  • trooworld
    @Katmary71 No, I downloaded it but haven't started it yet, hopefully I can soon. Maybe even today!
  • tuffgirl19
    tuffgirl19 Posts: 762 Member
    I just finished “The End of Her” by Shari Lapena and really enjoyed it. Just started “The Girl in the Mirror” by Rose Carlyle. I’m so happy Angela told me about this group!!🤩
    Happy Valentine’s Day, everyone! 💕💗💜
  • PKM0515
    tuffgirl19 wrote: »
    I just finished “The End of Her” by Shari Lapena and really enjoyed it. Just started “The Girl in the Mirror” by Rose Carlyle. I’m so happy Angela told me about this group!!🤩
    Happy Valentine’s Day, everyone! 💕💗💜

So happy to see you here, Ashley! 💖
  • Katmary71
    Hi Ashley!
  • Katmary71
    I started my other Kristin Hannah book, something Alone I think? It's about a mother and daughter who move to Alaska with the dad who is having PTSD from Vietnam.

I got my brother Can't Hurt Me by David Goggins. My brother said it's not appropriate for the book group, LOL. I joined his group on Facebook and he cracks me up but he's a tough Marine so I can just imagine, I borrowed it today. I may read it along with the above.
  • trooworld
    @Katmary71 I started the urban fantasy. I am enjoying it so far, interesting! :) Thanks again for the recommendation.
  • LondonParisTexas
    Enjoying Jefferson"s daughters by Catherine Kerrison.Very Interesting.
  • bebeisfit
    I'm reading Stephen King's The Stand.

I think this edition is over 1000 pages. I read for a couple of hours Nd was only at 6% completed. So far so good.

• trooworld
    @bebeisfit Now that's a journey, 1000 pages! :blush:
  • PKM0515
    edited February 2021
    I finished "The Friendship List" and am now focusing on "How the Light Gets In." :)
  • bebeisfit
    trooworld wrote: »
    @bebeisfit Now that's a journey, 1000 pages! :blush:

It's 1150 pages! Sometimes I think Stephen King is paid by the word??

I hope I can finish before it's due at the library.