Downsizers - May 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

5/2: Final step total is 16,071. What I posted earlier is over my step goal, so all good. Hope your pain is better!!
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @Bluetail6
    Huge step count!

@mszoueb
    Terrific loss 👏👏 what a strong week 🤩 long 4.2 mile walk, shopping walking, the 25 minute strength training and getting some gardening done. Plus FIVE green weeks AND #3!! Huge! You’re doing incredible 🙌 Before you know it you’re going to hit and then pass your lowest in ten years

I know what you mean! It was the same here too. I was thinking, how will this be long term if I’m always hungry? One of the suggestions I read about was adding zero or low calorie foods to my day (just like you surmised). I started adding WAY more seltzer and eating A LOT of lettuce and mini bell peppers to help fill me up. For example sometimes for lunch I will add four or five Romaine lettuce leaves to my sandwich (I usually have one side with bread, the other side the lettuce, or I use a large bell pepper instead of the bread).

Sometimes I wasn’t really hungry, I was just used to eating a certain amount (I used to eat three meals, two snacks, dessert and graze throughout the middles of those times). The seltzer helps with curbing the grazing and dime of the not- hungry snacking. When I first heard the suggestion to drink water, before you grab something to eat, I thought the people were crazy. There’s no way water will satisfy me when I’m hungry (well, when I thought I was hungry). It actually worked! What are some low calorie foods that you enjoy?

The podcast “We Only Look Thin” gives me some great motivation. I usually listen while I’m either cleaning or meal prepping.
    https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/we-only-look-thin/id1335251466?i=1000401467100 Look at this huge month you had! You’re doing amazingly well and you’re doing it safely. Celebrate your successes, you worked hard for them 🎉
  • jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Monday (May 3, 2021)
    PW: 209.6
    CW: 207.9
    SW: 240

I've been bouncing around a lot more lately which I guess is understandable as we've had two out of town trips the last few weekends (celebrating our 2nd daughter's 21st birthday in Bloomington, IN and moving our oldest daughter to Pittsburgh, PA the following weekend). This last Friday was my 2nd Pfizer vaccine which couldn't have gone better and other than a sore arm, everything was fine. Susan gets hers today so hopefully she'll fare as well as I did. I've been rowing about every other day and feel like I'm developing the right form but other than one 20-minute session, I've been keeping it to pretty much 10 minutes at a time. I think it's time to step it up to 15 minutes. I've sort of dropped off the regular weightlifting - not intentional so I need to get back into the habit again. Looks like I just talked myself into a new goal for May!
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    Today’s goals - modified because my incredible parents will be here until about noon.

1. Peloton- get a ride in during the afternoon, while the kids are eLearning (hopefully, I don’t get side tracked)
    2. Evening walk- step goal 8,000
    3. Drink 8 cups of water
    4. Back to one light beer
    5. Try to stay as close to calorie budget as possible - so hard, my mom is an amazing cook, and nothing is low calorie or even a smidge healthy. Have the strength to not devour the leftovers.
    6. Go to bed early, didn’t get much sleep last night.
  • missysave0612
    missysave0612 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Please excuse me from steps for a bit. My puppies have "walked off" with my fitbit charger. So I've got to order a new one. Thanks!
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    @Poobah1972
    Wowwww!! Fantastic loss 👏👏👏
    To make your weigh-in easy to find, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:

Username
    Weigh In Day:
    PW (Previous Weight):
    CW (Current Weight):

Your “weigh in day” is the one day that you planned on submitting your weekly result on.

You can also weigh in every day and list some daily goals, then report back with your progress. Love this F2F challenge! It’s following the principle of just one day. What goals would you like to achieve just for today?

Terrific walk!! Huge calorie burn too👏👏

Sorry to hear about your phone, it’s so frustrating when technology doesn’t work. Bright side- you walked, you lost weight, your numbers looking fantastic, your doing this 👏👏👏👏
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    I am missing quite a few steps from people.....Would the following people please post ASAP

@AlphaEliJoe 4/25-5/1
    @Piqueaboo - 4/25-5/1
    @888Angie888 -4/27-5/1
    @azkunk -4/25-5/1
    @Z1ORtza- 4/29-5/1
    @lcfa5317 -4/28-5/1
    @transparentenigma -4/25-5/1
    @Bluetail6 -4/25-5/1
    @red1185 -5/1
    @missysave0612 4/26-5/1

Also please let me know if you want to stay on the step challenge....be removed from the step challenge.........added to the step challenge .........be excused/or be taken off the excused list

Thank you for your cooperation :)

I'm going to skip the step challenge this month - I've got too much on my plate.

Here are last week's stats:
    • 26/04 8 997
    • 27/04 7 910
    • 28/04 9 482
    • 29/04 10 592
    • 30/04 16 066
    • 01/05 3 849
    • 02/05 5 810
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    @jimboden3
    Congratulations Jim!!! Another big loss 👏👏👏 Glad to hear everything went well with your second vaccination. Rowing is some tough exercise. Those ten minutes are intense! I like your goal to increase to 15 minutes. Keep us posted on how it goes. You got this!
  • lmf1012
    lmf1012 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Wow, some great losses this week for the Monday weigh-ins so far, great job!!

Monday Check-in:

Went for a 90 minute hike on Saturday, that is the first day in I have no idea how long that I have hit 10k steps! I kept to my calorie goals all weekend long though am up slightly on the scale this morning. Hmmm... always makes me a little frustrated even though I know fluctuations are totally normal lol

Goals for today:
    Hit the gym for strength training at lunch time
    Stay on track with eating
    Drink my water
    Go for a walk this evening (it is supposed to hit 93 degrees here today!)

Have a great Monday everyone!!
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    @Poobah1972
    Wowwww!! Fantastic loss 👏👏👏
    To make your weigh-in easy to find, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:

Username
    Weigh In Day:
    PW (Previous Weight):
    CW (Current Weight):

Your “weigh in day” is the one day that you planned on submitting your weekly result on.

You can also weigh in every day and list some daily goals, then report back with your progress. Love this F2F challenge! It’s following the principle of just one day. What goals would you like to achieve just for today?

Terrific walk!! Huge calorie burn too👏👏

Sorry to hear about your phone, it’s so frustrating when technology doesn’t work. Bright side- you walked, you lost weight, your numbers looking fantastic, your doing this 👏👏👏👏

Thank you Theresa!

I have no particular goal, other then to get my walk in every morning, and slowly but surely push myself to do it a little faster, eventually adding a 6th lap when the time comes.

I pretty much have nutrition nailed down to the point it's a non issue. (Other then possible eating more food at some point).

Only major pressing concern, is getting my new exercise room emptied (Fiance's former sitting room... hehe), and start installing the new equipment that is starting to make a massive pile of boxes in the basement. We did make a nice big dent in that work this weekend, and someone is coming to pick up the couch tonight.

Once the exercise room is complete, then the next big weekly goal is to weight train at least 3 days a week. :)
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    @azkunk
    Congratulations on losing 30 pounds in under one year!!!! Wowww👏👏👏👏 That’s a spectacular accomplishment!

That sounds frustrating waiting for appointments, waiting for answers. I’m sorry. 🤗 hope you’ll have the information you need soon.

Getting steps in is tough. Every step counts. Every step you are getting stronger, healthier. Have you heard the Get More Steps episode, #4?

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/we-only-look-thin/id1335251466?i=1000401467100

Listening to two people who hit their goals snd have been maintaining, helps motivate me and give me ideas on how to make my journey easier, more enjoyable.

Still so impressed with your loss! 30! You’ll keep losing, you’re doing amazing 🤩
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,513 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    @Poobah1972
    Love that! Adding on an extra lap and increasing speed. 👏👏

@lmf1012
    Wow!!! Congratulations on hitting 10,000 steps 🥳🎉🎉 and staying within your calorie budget over the weekend! Terrific daily goals! Hopefully when you go for the walk, it will be overcast so it won’t feel so hot (that’s what I’m hoping happens here). Keep up the amazing job🤩
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Sunday’s check in
    ✅Steps 8,712
    ✅Sleep
    ✅Walk
    ✅Protein

Very high step day for me yesterday but we went for groceries. I ended up having trouble falling asleep which lead to a binge. I am going to nib this binge eating before it gets out of control again. It is raining but I am going for my walk before it rains too hard. Yup, I still didn’t get an umbrella but I won’t melt. 😂

Happy Monday!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    I will respond to posts when I get back. We had some great losses today!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,908 Member
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    @azkunk i know how it is with all of the medical waiting. it's extremely frustrating. i hope you can get some answers on your appointment. i'm having to start from scratch on trying to get my light headedness checked out. happy anniversary and you've done very nice loss so far. it'll come off in time.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 your sad steps are still better than mine. way to go.

@theresaM787 Grats on having your parents over. that's always special. good job getting your exercise and steps in.

in my bio i forgot to mention i live in san diego.

check-in for 5/2:
    steps - 3020. didn't do much, just a quick trip to the store. it's been cold, cloudy and smelling of rain all day so i was hesitant to go out.

calories - well under 1800. i had some stove top popcorn for dessert. seasoned with red pepper flakes in the oil.

exercise - none.

don't sweat the small stuff. bounces happen. work your plan and it'll come back down. don't beat yourselves up emotionally.

Thanks Roger....600 steps lately is NOT my cup of tea LOL but it is what it is for now ....
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Please excuse me from steps for a bit. My puppies have "walked off" with my fitbit charger. So I've got to order a new one. Thanks!

Just let me know when you are ready to come back :) I have EXC. you :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    lmf1012 wrote: »
    Wow, some great losses this week for the Monday weigh-ins so far, great job!!

Monday Check-in:

Went for a 90 minute hike on Saturday, that is the first day in I have no idea how long that I have hit 10k steps! I kept to my calorie goals all weekend long though am up slightly on the scale this morning. Hmmm... always makes me a little frustrated even though I know fluctuations are totally normal lol

Goals for today:
    Hit the gym for strength training at lunch time
    Stay on track with eating
    Drink my water
    Go for a walk this evening (it is supposed to hit 93 degrees here today!)

Have a great Monday everyone!!

Would you like to be added to our step challenge? All you do is give me a step goal that you think you can hit daily and post your steps each day or weekly in our chat and I put it on the spreadsheet and tally them up every week with our top 5 steppers ... I hope to see you sign up :)
This discussion has been closed.