Weight No More - May 2021 Team Chat

Replies

• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,158 Member
    ~~ Happy May Week Four ~~

Welcome to week four, everybody! Hope everyone is ready for fast-approaching June. I'm not ready to go back to the office in a couple weeks, but I figure if I keep pretending it isn't happening, it won't suck as much to have to put on pants with buttons every single day.
    6faef34b3c3f60d248b5d3f50963ce57.jpg

~ Walking Warriors ~

Our mighty team of seven walked an astounding 438,786 steps! This is an average of 62,684 steps per person. Every single week, these lovely folks get on their walking shoes and absolutely destroy these step counts. Keep up the incredible work and dedication!

Here's our leaderboard for this week:

Over 10k Steps a Day:
    @kandi3570 - 82,171 total - 11,739 average
    @annliz23 - 74,984 total - 10,712 average - Highest Step Count in One Day!

Over 5k Steps a Day:
    @ljdanny - 69,866 total - 9,981 average
    @dbrinkmeyer - 67,296 total - 9,614 average
    @lennoncpa - 57,309 total - 8,187 average
    @pacsnc - 49,682 total - 7,097 average - Most Consistent Stepper!
    @melaniedscott - 37,478 total - 5,354 average

Personally, I think you're all just training for the zombie apocalypse...

biggest-fear-about-zombies.jpg
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,512 Member
    You have a new comer that requested to be on your team .... Please welcome @Antiopelle :)
  • rachelrjh
    rachelrjh Posts: 258 Member
    According to the scale, I’m on track to lose two pounds this week. Woohoo! Only Friday will tell. I can’t wait. I have a vacation planned... first one since summer 2019. During it I plan on sticking to my diet and getting a few workouts in. I’m not going to mess up all the hard work I put in the past six months. I’m on track to be at my ideal weight by the end of August.
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    You have a new comer that requested to be on your team .... Please welcome @Antiopelle :)

Hi everyone,
    I've just stumbled upon this Group Challenge and I thought it would really be something for me.
    A brief introduction: I'm 51 and I live in Belgium. I've been a yoyo-er ever since I left home to go to university. I gained a solid 15 kg (33 pounds) in just a few months. My highest weight was in my 30's which was 92kg. Ever since I've been going up and down, although since finding MFP I've hardly been over 78kg. I'm now approaching maintenance weight for the umpteenth time and determined to stay there for once and for all.
    I have a desk job, but I'm normally very active: scuba diving on my free days and biking to work on workdays. Alas, since Covid my only activity has been walking and a bit of cycling (the weather is still horrible here). The consequence is that I had to cut down on cals, and that is something I'm ... well ... not so good at.
    Looking forward to this challenge !! :smile:
  • pizzafruit
    pizzafruit Posts: 317 Member
    Pizzafruit
    Wednesday Weigh-in
    PW:275.7
    CW:274.4
  • Calli1616
    Calli1616 Posts: 1,855 Member
    Calli1616

Weigh in day - Monday
    PW - 176.0
    CW - 176.5

Ugh - rough week this last week. Sorry I missed my Monday weigh-in! Trying to get refocused today for the remainder of May at least!

Welcome @Antiopelle!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm
    May Week Four

Weigh In Day: Thursdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 169.6 (May 20th)
    CW (Current Weight): 169.2 (May 27th)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 64.8 lbs

Small loss, and I'll take it. I saw some smaller numbers earlier this week, but don't think this slight increase is indicative of anything beyond water retention from pushing myself pretty hard this week.

Food:

I've been eating well. Haven't really indulged into too many foods that were "bad" over the past week, and it's almost watermelon season at the farmer's market, so I'll be doing even better (and staying hydrated!) soon enough. Can't really complain too much, can't say I've committed any major acts of self sabotage...

Heck, I'm just excited to have found a protein powder blueberry muffin in a mug recipe I don't hate.

Exercise:

Given some of the drama that has occurred at the spin studio, and some schedule changes with my favorite instructors, I'm going to be shifting my schedule a bit when it comes to spinning. Some of this is to accommodate going back into the office as of June 15th, but some of it is also to support my mental health, because a safe place no longer feels as safe when you're spending it trying to avoid conflict.

As for functional training, I can see and feel myself growing stronger, regardless of how much weight I may or may not have lost. I have yet to assess my limits, but I will get there soon enough, I'm sure.

Mindset:

Things are weird, people are weird, life is weird. Sometimes all we can do is roll with the punches and take control where we can.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    edited May 2021
    pacsnc6
    Thursday weigh in
    week 4
    pw: 161.8
    cw: 161.1

Surprised by to day's weight, dropped about a pound since Tuesday! And another surprise -I measured my hips yesterday at 42" - I have lost 3" which shows it pays for me to eat more protein, less fat and carbs
  • rachelrjh
    Ashley, I love your Mindset! I’m going to let that be my mantra. Would it be so wrong to add that I’m weird too? Is that what you mean when you say life is weird?
    “Things are weird, people are weird, <I’m weird>, life is weird.” The best I can do is to roll with the punches and take control where I can.
    The hard part for me is figuring out where I need and can take control. And knowing when I should “roll with the punches”.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Antiopelle wrote: »

Hi everyone,
    I've just stumbled upon this Group Challenge and I thought it would really be something for me.
    A brief introduction: I'm 51 and I live in Belgium. I've been a yoyo-er ever since I left home to go to university. I gained a solid 15 kg (33 pounds) in just a few months. My highest weight was in my 30's which was 92kg. Ever since I've been going up and down, although since finding MFP I've hardly been over 78kg. I'm now approaching maintenance weight for the umpteenth time and determined to stay there for once and for all.
    I have a desk job, but I'm normally very active: scuba diving on my free days and biking to work on workdays. Alas, since Covid my only activity has been walking and a bit of cycling (the weather is still horrible here). The consequence is that I had to cut down on cals, and that is something I'm ... well ... not so good at.
    Looking forward to this challenge !! :smile:

Welcome aboard, @Antiopelle !!!

We are friends on MFP already, so you may already be familiar with me (sorry, not sorry), but I'm Ashley, one of the co-captains here on Team WeightNoMore, along with Melanie, @melaniedscott . If you have any questions or concerns at all, do not hesitate to ask. We are here for you if you need us!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    rachelrjh wrote: »
    Ashley, I love your Mindset! I’m going to let that be my mantra. Would it be so wrong to add that I’m weird too? Is that what you mean when you say life is weird?
    “Things are weird, people are weird, <I’m weird>, life is weird.” The best I can do is to roll with the punches and take control where I can.
    The hard part for me is figuring out where I need and can take control. And knowing when I should “roll with the punches”.

It would definitely not be wrong to add in that you're weird too! Everyone has their weirdness, we just express it in different ways. Besides, if it's your new mantra, you can make whatever choices you want to make to customize it to work for you.

As for rolling with the punches, it takes a lot of time and self-awareness to determine where you're willing to take control and where it isn't worth spending the energy. I consider most of my life to be a trial-and-error science experiment, which helps me remain patient with myself. Otherwise, I'm sure I would be frustrated with this process.
  • mxlaw90
    mxlaw90 Posts: 75 Member
    Mxlaw90

Week 4
    PW 146 lbs
    CW 145.6 lbs

Not a great month, pretty much just maintained my weight. I hadn’t been logging very accurately or been very active on this group either so not my best month, June I plan to be more active and post more as well as when I was I found myself much more motovated.
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Username: lennoncpa
    Steps: 56,234
    Last week's weight: 137.7
    Current weight: 138.0
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,053 Member
    Ljdanny
    Week 4
    Thursday
    Pw 190.8
    Cw 192
  • rachelrjh
    Rachelrjh
    Week 4
    Friday weigh in
    Pw:154 lbs
    Cw: 152 lbs

1.5 stones to go until I get to my ideal weight! If I lose 1/2 stone in June, I’ll be at 145lbs. Losing another 1/2 stone in July will put me at 138, and another by the end of August, I will be at 131 pounds. I’m not going to beat myself up if it doesn’t happen, but it will feel awesome if it does. I’m already scared about the maintenance phase because of what has happened to me every other time that I’ve lost weight in my life. I’ve gained it back and more each time.
  • kaj848
    kaj848 Posts: 73 Member
    Kaj848
    Week 4
    Thursday
    Pw 165.8
    Cw 163.8
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,290 Member
    Welcome @Antiopelle !

It would definitely not be wrong to add in that you're weird too! Everyone has their weirdness, we just express it in different ways. Besides, if it's your new mantra, you can make whatever choices you want to make to customize it to work for you.

As for rolling with the punches, it takes a lot of time and self-awareness to determine where you're willing to take control and where it isn't worth spending the energy. I consider most of my life to be a trial-and-error science experiment, which helps me remain patient with myself. Otherwise, I'm sure I would be frustrated with this process.

Agree on weird. Everyone is in their own way. People who aren't are boring, which is weird. Whoops...even them...
    Choosing your battles is important though, lately, I'm not so much rolling with the punches and curling up in a ball and waiting for them to stop. It has been a rough couple of months.

Also...loved the zombie meme...
    pacsnc6 wrote: »
    pacsnc6
    Thursday weigh in
    week 4
    pw: 161.8
    cw: 161.1

Nice! Also the measurement shift. Yay!
    pizzafruit wrote: »
    Pizzafruit
    Wednesday Weigh-in
    PW:275.7
    CW:274.4
    Terrific!
    Calli1616 wrote: »
    Calli1616
    Weigh in day - Monday
    PW - 176.0
    CW - 176.5
    It could be worse. That could just be water...
    mxlaw90 wrote: »
    Mxlaw90
    Week 4
    PW 146 lbs
    CW 145.6 lbs
    Sama as I said above. We will look forward to seeing more of you.
    Rachelrjh
    Week 4
    Friday weigh in
    Pw:154 lbs
    Cw: 152 lbs

1.5 stones to go until I get to my ideal weight! If I lose 1/2 stone in June, I’ll be at 145lbs. Losing another 1/2 stone in July will put me at 138, and another by the end of August, I will be at 131 pounds. I’m not going to beat myself up if it doesn’t happen, but it will feel awesome if it does. I’m already scared about the maintenance phase because of what has happened to me every other time that I’ve lost weight in my life. I’ve gained it back and more each time.

Maybe don't look at it as an end to weightloss but a time to maintain and test the lifestyle changes that will make you healthier?
    kaj848 wrote: »
    Kaj848
    Week 4
    Thursday
    Pw 165.8
    Cw 163.8
    Yay!

I know y'all haven't heard much from me lately. I've been having a month. Maybe more on that later, maybe not. End of the school year is always stressful and crazy. I don't know what the scale will say tomorrow (I know what it should say but not what it WILL say). We'll just say I'm here but not saying much. Second time in a week I'm posting in the middle of the night because I'm inexplicably awake...
  • dbrinkmeyer
    dbrinkmeyer Posts: 94 Member
    Sorry I am late:
    Week:4
    Weigh-in day: Thursday
    Previous weight:186.8
    Current weight: 187.0
    STEPS: 35597
  • Cocopops8
    Cocopops8 Posts: 10 Member
    Hello. I’ve just joined and been assigned to this group for the June challenge. I’m looking forward to getting started and hopefully making new friends. A bit about myself...

I’m a married mum of one, in my early forties and live in Yorkshire. I hit my highest weight (11 stone) last spring and took the plunge on a diet and fitness overhaul in June. I really embraced the new lifestyle and by October I had lost 2 stone and was fitter and stronger than I had ever been. I maintained my weight loss until earlier this year when a member of my family was killed in a freak accident. I then spiralled out of control from a diet and exercise point of view. In the early days my every waking moment was spent on the practical duties which I had to take charge of and supporting my family through the loss. My way of coping with awful situations (as has been the case throughout my life) is to be there for others and hold everything together, that’s the only way I know.

I don’t mean for any of this to sound ‘woe is me’, I just want to give you a bit of background. I feel my head and heart are finally emerging from the darkness of the past few months and I need to take back control if my life and happiness. The confidence, motivation and feelings of self worth that I had at the back end of last year seem a distant memory now but I know I can get back to it. I don’t have a lot of close friends (none if I’m being brutally honest) as I’m a bit of an introvert and have always been very shy in social situations so I am hoping I can find some supportive friends on here. I promise to be supportive and encouraging in return and will always make myself available if anyone needs a chat or some encouragement.

Thank you for taking the time to read my message.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    edited May 2021
    Hey Team Weight No More! As we are about to enter the 6th month of 2021 it’s time to stop and review how we are doing with our weight loss goals. Look over the June Reset graphic below and spend time evaluating what’s working and what needs improving.

We also have the JUNE HABIT TRACKER up and ready for you. So, choose the habits that you want to track, and let’s make June our best month of 2021!! B)

dn2j1b6cma9f.png
This discussion has been closed.