• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    @runzfromzombies
    Great week!

@Beverly2Hansen
    That has to be frustrating.

@Poobah1972
    Great strength training session. It must feel so good to be getting stronger everyday. I hope the melatonin works. I struggle with sleep issues. I know it is so much easier to stay on track with both my food and walking when I sleep properly.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,854 Member
    Options
    jimboden3 wrote: »
    @jimboden3
    I will move you over. Let us know how you make out and I hope the doctor can get things taken care of fast.

Thanks - The doctor confirmed it's a medium-sized hernia but he did clear me to walk as long as I'm comfortable but no rowing or lifting anything over 15 lbs. I was a little embarrassed to let him know I'm a little over 200 :).
    Anyway, he didn't think it would be an issue to go on our vacation out west and go hiking (just no lifting suitcases, etc.). I just hope I can meet with the surgeon before we leave on vacation and then get something on the calendar for August.

You will be out 4-6 weeks for recovery ...I was out for 6 weeks (2 before my surgery and 4 after ... I just started back walking last week ...Wishing you the very best and a speedy recovery when your surgery happens
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,854 Member
    Options
    363days wrote: »
    @meghan_smartiepants I hope you are showing better numbers on the scale!
    @iradi8 I'm glad you brought up the fitbit. I have one and I've been totally ignoring the noise it makes - I'm going to start paying attention and stand up when it signals me to do so. I do a variety of step videos: Get fit with Rick -I've only done one and it was a little monotonous, but he has a lot and a lot of followers - I'm going to try him again. Joanna Soh and Olivia Lawson are others I've done.
    @lindamtuck2018 “food is the most abused anxiety drug. Exercise is the most underutilized antidepressant.” Wow, that is powerful!
    @azkunk - glad you are feeling the benefits of the fasting.

Numbers are not going down ...I am hoping by Friday I will have a loss even if it is small
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Bike- 30 minutes, 8 miles ❌ 31 minutes
    Steps- 10,000✅
    Seltzer- 8 cups❌Only 4.5 cups
    Tracked everything ate and drank✅
    Under calorie budget ✅

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Stationary bike- 31 minutes, 8 miles, moderate effort
    Steps- 14,500

Hello everyone! I’m looking forward to reading all of the posts since this morning. It’s been super crazy busy since school ended. I’m trying to keep the kids busy snd off their iPads. It’s really hard, especially since we aren’t engaging with friends yet. I wasn’t able to get in my morning walk, so I tried one of the Leslie Samson’s videos. She’s one energetic lady! I don’t know what I didn’t do, but I only clocked 1.4 miles, when the video said it was a 3 mile video 🤦🏻‍♀️ I’ll try again soon. I was able to get in a ride and arm workout. After dinner, I went for a walk. 4.5 miles. Slowly increasing the distance. My son asked what my distance goal is. Good question. I haven’t thought of a goal. More.
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    65 new replies since I last logged in. I will get trough as many as I can while I wait for my daughter to finish dance

@TheresaM787 - I have lost the iPad/electronics battle. At 11 and 14, I had to give in a little. There are still limits though … especially for the 14 yr old boy!

@lcfa5317 - feeling stranger is a great NSV

@Poobah1972 - hope you get some zzzzz 😴

@runzfromzombies - nice loss!

@jimboden3 - you knew something was wrong. It’s good that you have been resting while you waited for your appointment. I’m glad you will still be able to enjoy that 50th state vacation and hope tou can get the hernia taken care of soon

@beverly2hansen- good thing your realized that your pedometer was off

@Megan_smartiepants1970 - 91 blood glucose before lunch is a great NSV and a 10 mile walking goal … you’re an inspiration

@lmf1012 - that peach crisp sounds AMAZING 🤤

@lindamtuck2018 - salt is the devil

@Beautyofdreams - I was just happy with a loss. I feel like it’s been forever since I was on losing streak. Hope you are feeling well and those grafts are healing
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    @Beautyofdreams - tag me in that recipe ... you had me at fudge 🤤
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    @Poobah1972 your gym is so awesome! You and Lynn must be pretty strong already to carry in all those weight plates and handles. Are you running a push/pull/legs program?

I gota say, I'm pretty impressed with it. Not very much we can't do I wouldn't be doing in the big gym... Cept maybe a leg press machine would be nice to totally burn out the legs after squats etc... And a Smith would be a nice bonus, for some particular exercises I liked in the past such as heavy shrugs and Calf Raises. But I can make due with out it. I ordered a Hex bar, which should make life extra miserable in the future. :smiley:

I was pretty educated with working out 15 years ago, but a lot of little details have gotten foggy over the years. I'm running a similar style 3 days split at the moment that I would have run back then, perhaps a few less sets all together (as I don't want a 2 hour workout anymore). Not sure what you would call it. But Monday is Back and biceps.. SO that would be a pull day. Wednesday is Chest and triceps and shoulders (a push day), and then Friday is Leg day.... So I guess I am... Or a Pull/Push/Leg. :)

Cheers

• Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    @Poobah1972
    Great strength training session. It must feel so good to be getting stronger everyday. I hope the melatonin works. I struggle with sleep issues. I know it is so much easier to stay on track with both my food and walking when I sleep properly.

Thank you... Verdict is still out. Just way to hot and sticky last night for anyone to have gotten a good rest. YUCKY!

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    @jimboden3 good luck with the treatment. Have fun on your hike trip if you can go.

@lmf1012 thank you for the recipe.

Team leaders - just thinking out loud, but I think it would be nice if the team could possibly get a page just for the recipes we share, so we don't have to scroll thru several pages. Just thinking.

So many more super step counts. You all are an amazing group.

There is a page for recipes on the main page for recipes. I can’t seem to find it to post a link.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 @TheresaM787 @Poobah1972
    Can you see if you can find a link to the page otherwise I will ask @jugar
This discussion has been closed.