What does your low carb meals look like??

Replies

• isofblue2
    isofblue2 Posts: 7 Member
    Abm4n wrote: »
    @bluefish Love the colours of your dish! What are the red bits? :* ?

They are Pomegranate seeds, great in salads and pretty much anything really?
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    isofblue2 wrote: »
    What is the average calorie intake for 3 meals a day here? I see a lot of 600cal recipes and am wondering what most here eat caloric-wise in a day? I am hanged at 1200 for the day and although these all look so yummy and I want to have them all, they all seem to be very high in calories? Does that matter?

If your goal is weight loss, calories matter. In my opinion, of course. At least calories seem/ed to matter greatly for me in weight loss and maintenance. At age 58-59 as a basically sedentary female, my weight loss calories were only about 1400 down to 1200 as I lost weight. Today, 7 to 8 years later, maintenance calories are only about 1500 per day. If I start eating more than that on a daily, regular basis, I'll start gaining weight.

I eat low carb (and did for weight loss) though I also ate keto for 53 weeks for reason other than weight management. I really learned portion control during keto eating because tiny portions of fat filled foods was necessary on 1500 total calories. I still tend to "save" calories to expend on a higher volume/higher calorie "main" meal (usually supper for me).

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,373 MFP Moderator
    isofblue2 wrote: »
    o98myqchrn50.jpeg

Breakfast! Cream cheese pancakes with butter and sugar free syrup (I seriously LOVE these pancakes!) bacon and avocado.

Wouldn't Real Maple Syrup be a better option than S/F Syrup? I have read that the S/F types of Syrups are actually loaded with worse sugars and chemicals to make it taste more like real syrup? I use Costco's Organic Pure Maple Syrup in and on Everything! Lol!

SF syrup has almost not calories and carbs. If you are low carb or keto, real syrup will use most of those carbs in a single sitting.
  • psuLemon
    Bbq chicken last night. Made with g hughes BBQ sauce as the wash and crushed pork rinds.

z5mnqe99tiy6.jpeg
  • psuLemon
    Smoked BBQ chicken!

n7m6lxue8ijw.jpeg
  • txkajun263
    txkajun263 Posts: 54 Member
    You definitely know how to cook a steak!
  • psuLemon
    txkajun263 wrote: »
    You definitely know how to cook a steak!

Thanks. Generally i reverse sear (oven and then grill), but i decided to try the traeger and it came out great.
  • psuLemon
    Did small refeed today but even after than, i ended up at 100g of net carbs with a total at 140g. So low carb-ish. Woke up lighter this morning and should see an improvement in gym performance from the increase in carbs.

Finished the day with some spaghetti

1r8104htwgov.jpg
  • rockymountaindawn
    rockymountaindawn Posts: 146 Member
    Ive been posting pics of my meals fairly consistently on my home page in the main app, but never see anyone on my friends list with similarly meals to me.. so Im loving this topic!!😁

I like simplicity.. never really tried baking things with complicated lc flours or sweeteners.. I overthink too many things as it is! But here's a few just from yesterday.. and leftovers today: egg and cheese myffins with Turkey bacon.. last week was sausage... a41586e1ol67.jpg
  • Methynks
    Methynks Posts: 32 Member
    GUUUUYS!!! I want you all to prep my food for me! these all look so yummy!
  • rockymountaindawn
    rockymountaindawn Posts: 146 Member
    Labor day grilling..
    Simple classics are my go to!😁
    Burger patty with gouda cheese and a cheddar bratt.. i did a tiny splurge with my favorite sunflower crunch salad (its like a desert for me!)ayl6tsb26pu9.jpg
  • psuLemon
    5mwcjv8i69p2.jpg
  • psuLemon
    Breakfast wrap. 5 eggs, guac, salsa and cheese on a mission carb balance tortilla.

4p0wzwo3mhuh.jpg
  • psuLemon
    edited September 2021
    In the kitchen experimenting. My first take at keto pumpkin creampies.

I am modding the filling to add more, making the cookie a bit sweeter, and the cookies to be thicker. Only 2 net carbs.. 5 total.

2q837vadawv6.jpg
  • psuLemon
    Working to perfect the pumpkin creampies. These came out amazing, as did the almond pumpkin pancakes.

o7p9rfeh31mh.jpg

vnrx7ie6tx6c.jpg
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,080 Member
    Do you share recipes?
  • psuLemon
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Do you share recipes?

I do. I send you a message to give you a few options on seeing them.