Replies

• Waifer003
    Waifer003 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    JessicaKrall8
    Friday Weigh-in!
    PW: 318.1
    CW: 315.2

I'm BACK!!! And I'll warn you now...I'm psyched and working hard!!! Finished a walking challenge for September with 25 miles of intentional walking! My knee is getting stronger every day and I'm feeling SO GOOD! Set a new goal of 28 miles for October! I just signed up for a 5K for early November!

Have a wonderful day ya'll!
    Jessica :smiley:

Hooray!!!
  • Waifer003
    Waifer003 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Trimstones!
    @jessicakrall8 - I’m ready to jump back in for October’s Step Challenge. Took a month off and it was not a good thing 😬. Please put me down for a step goal of 10,000 steps
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Hi @ncfitbit Cynthia! Welcome to Trim Stones...sounds like you have your hands full and are staying busy! I can relate to what you said about your Dad...I took care of my Mom, who also had dementia (from strokes) for the last 16 years of her life. I lost her in 2011. Caretakers don't get enough credit. Dementia, in itself, is a horrible disease...cruel to all involved...and caretakes often put themselves last...glad that you've realized that and taken steps for self-care...it's SO important. Your team here, will help to support you in your weight loss efforts and we're here whenever you just need a listening ear as well. I live about 20 minutes from the NC border, on the Outer Banks side...about 20 minutes as well from the oceanfront in Virginia Beach, VA. You didn't say what part of NC you're in, but it's a beautiful state...I lived near the Charlotte area at one time as well.

Good luck with your fitness goals...I'm sure you'll reach them. I'm Jessica, your Captain...I'm 55 years young and have been with Trimstones for several years. We have a good group of supportive, caring people. I think you'll like it. Please post often and let us know what we can do to be of help to you. Take care and good luck in October. I've got you registered for the step challenge...

Jessica :smile:

Thank you for the warm welcome and kind words, Jessica. I'm so sorry that you lost your mom and that you and she had to go through this and for so long, too. The more people I talk to about this the more I realize how many people have gone through it or are going through it. One of my daughter's friends has both parents in a Memory Care unit. I agree that it is a horrible disease for everyone involved.

I am trying to see and hang onto the positives when they happen. The other day my dad was sitting on the patio with the other residents in his community and he told them, "I am happy here. ! I love my life!" He has never said anything like that before! I was shocked. Usually, he doesn't know where he is or take much notice of other people, but I think he was enjoying the gentle breeze and maybe was lucid enough to recognize he was hanging out with other people, like he enjoyed doing in the past, and it was just a good moment.

Love that you are 55 years young! I'm going to try saying it that way, too!
  • ncfitbit
    Options
    Pupowl wrote: »

It's Fridaymorning the 1st of October here now and I have recently gotten into the habit of taking body measurements again. Compared to last month, I lost 2.5 kg (5.5 lbs), 4 centimeters on my chest, belly and hips, and 2 centimeters on my leg. Not bad at all!

@Pupowl, I think that's a great idea! Do you have any tips about how to do it? I'm always so unsure how to go about it, but I figure it's a good time to start.
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    @ncfitbit
    I am not sure what you mean, the actual measuring? I just use a flexible measuring tape, those that often come in sewing kits. And then loosly wrap it around the biggest part of the body part I am trying to measure. I don't pull on the tape too much, it just needs to lay snug and flat. Some body parts are a little harder to do accurately than others, but overall that doesn't matter much. Once you have done it say once a month for a while, you will start seeing a downward trend anyway. I hope this answered your question, if not, let me know. :smile:
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,786 Member
    Options
    Angmarie28
    Wednesdays
    Prev-156
    Current-156.4

#annoying

Sorry I forgot wednesday, and Thursday I was away at a funeral
  • bearchested
    bearchested Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Bearchested
    Friday
    PW: 203.4
    CW: 203.4

I need to focus on my diet on the weekends as hard as I do during the week.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,786 Member
    Options
    9/23-5,202
    9/24-12,879
    9/25-9,434
    9/26-10,504
    9/27-15,202
    9/28-10,776
    9/29-9,014
    9/30-7,256
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,107 Member
    Options
    ellie3285 wrote: »
    Ellie3285
    PW 197.3
    CW 197.3
    Completely forgot to post my weigh in on Monday, I’m still in lock down but this week have had a few days at work. It has been difficult finding motivation to exercise the last few weeks, but it’s a new month so I’ll try again

@ellie3285 I had your previous weight as 193.7, is that incorrect? Please advise...
    Jessica
  • ncfitbit
    Options
    Pupowl wrote: »
    @ncfitbit
    I am not sure what you mean, the actual measuring? I just use a flexible measuring tape, those that often come in sewing kits. And then loosly wrap it around the biggest part of the body part I am trying to measure. I don't pull on the tape too much, it just needs to lay snug and flat. Some body parts are a little harder to do accurately than others, but overall that doesn't matter much. Once you have done it say once a month for a while, you will start seeing a downward trend anyway. I hope this answered your question, if not, let me know. :smile:

Yes, that’s all I meant. Thank you for explaining what you do. When I have tried doing it in the past I felt like depending on how much tension I put on the tape or where I placed the tape etc I would get a very different reading, but I think I was just being perfectionistic. I just need to start and be consistent!
  • jessicakrall8
    edited October 2021
    Options
    REMINDER...missing 3 weigh ins for the week...

@CharmingPassion
    @amydandy40
    @jennifersusanmcdougall

Friday people:

@KHill875
    @laceyf53
    @ssssseika
    @yukie86

Report in as soon as you can guys...hope you all had a great week!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    bh6bmw1bxl82.jpg

This week was Week 1 of the Captain's Challenge, which will run for the next two months...here's another look at the announcement:

ayrqh52xakqm.jpg

For me, this week was about weighing in and being consistent. Which area of the journey did you focus on? Tell us what went right and what were your struggles...everyone...please report in...your struggle may help someone else...

Sunday starts Week 2...what is your plan for Week 2?

Hope to hear from everyone on Saturday...

Jessica :smile:
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,043 Member
    Options
    Warning! Warning!
    x23x0hgyhpzj.png

I will have to do the week and month tallies earlier than usual on Sunday! Please be sure that ALL weigh-ins for the week are posted and up to date by 6:00 am Eastern time! Thanks :heart:
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,043 Member
    Options
    The October team chat is OPEN!

Please continue to weigh in and chat here, but go to October to post your introductions, goals for the month, and be ready to roll for Sunday!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10845271/trimstones-team-chat-october-2021/p1?new=1
  • Pupowl
    Options
    Friday, October 01
    • Exercise: gym
    • Net calories: 963
    • Steps: 11.064 / 7.500
    • Vitamins: yes
    Ramblings of the day
    Good morning team. Friday was fine. I got groceries in the morning and gym later. My body wasn't sore anymore at all, so I am glad that was gone quickly. I did however have a sharp pain in my shoulder during 1 exercise. After discussing it with a trainer, decided to skip that exercise for the day. It didn't bother me outside of that one thing, so hopefully on Monday it will be back to normal. I will no longer be tracking my waterintake for the day. I only did that because the waterpercentage for my body is really low and I wanted to be 100% sure I drank enough. Feels nice not to have to track that anymore; it got a bit annoying!
  • Pupowl
    Options
    Pupowl
    Saturday weigh in
    PW: 206.1
    CW: 205.5

I posted my September goals at the start of the thread. Let's review!
    1. Get enough protein ~ This one needs continued attention for October as well. Though it has improved compared to before, I sometimes get tempted to snack on small things instead of drinking my shake. And then I have no calories left for my shake, which means my protein ends up too low. So I need to prioritize my full meals.
    2. Remember my vitamins ~ I managed to take them every day, win!
    3. Daily steps of 7.500 ~ Also did this every day! Upping them for October.
    4. Goal weight 209 lbs ~ Smashed this! Super happy with that.
  • DreaRN15
    DreaRN15 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    DreaRN15
    Saturday
    PW 281
    CW 277.2

Sorry I've been MIA but I've been SLAMMED at work. I'm mighty proud of my loss though!!
    I've been seeing a bariatric team. Can't have any surgery yet but they are working with me so the loss has been all me. I started seeing the NP & dietitian 8/31. Went back for my follow up on 9/30 and had lost 12.4lbs (from 292.8 to 280.4). That means I've loss even more!! I'm SUPER excited about the path I've started down.
    Who knows, but the time I'm eligible for surgery I may not even need it!
  • KHill875
    KHill875 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    KHill875
    Friday weight
    PW: 142.6
    CW: 142.6

Sorry all. I completely forgot to log my weight yesterday. Been crazy stressed cuz both kids came down with a cold or allergies.... (Tested negative for covid and flu). Dealing with sick kids all week lead to eating more delivery foods.
  • Yukie_OP
    Yukie_OP Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Yukie86... day late weigh-in:
    PW: 137
    CW: 135.6
    Steps:
    9/29 - 5463
    9/30 - 5374

Will post 10/1 steps in the new chat... Happy that October is here, Sept was a bit too busy for my liking.
This discussion has been closed.