Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Popping in before getting ready for bed. A lazy day with phone calls, chats with my neighbours and a long WhatsApp call to my friend Pat. It’s been a dry day and relatively mild which allowed me to keep doors and windows open for a few hours and air the place. I took the pooches across the moors for our early walk and later this afternoon my neighbours asked if they could take George with them for a long stroll so of course he’s tuckered out and snoozed since he got home! Betty preferred to stay with me!

Lin, that gorgeous sturdy kettle would look fabulous sitting on my stove but I bet it’s heavy even before filling with water! As for my new tv, I might have plugged in what’s necessary and got my iPhone and tablet talking to it but I’m often firing the two remote controls at the same like six shooters, never sure which is making any changes. I decided to set up Netflix for a month and keep a record of how much viewing I get from it. A quick flick through their menu tells me there won’t be much! At least with Amazon Prime Video I was able to watch an international rugby match yesterday afternoon but deep down I resent the fact Jeff Bezos has the billions to purchase all sports streaming!

Sandy, delighted you and your niece had such a good time at the wedding. It seems like forever since I stayed out until 1am and wonder if I would have the stamina now!

I expect Patsy and John are busy enjoying birthday food, wine and phone calls. Have a perfect day. ❤️

Off to bed as I want to get up early and go shopping before it gets busy. Our local pub is closed due to an outbreak of Covid so the dreaded bug is still lurking round corners.

Stay safe.
    Jackie 🥰
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,185 Member
    Options
    Good evening. I ran after two little orders today. And otherwise, it was church, some reading and addressing cards. It was very chilly outdoors today but we did have sunshine.

I hope everyone had a lovely day.

Be safe and well!

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

A Brown Betty teapot according to the caption with this photo
    hqvj7uxb6bpe.jpeg
  • pinkperil
    Options
    We’ve been for a walk… mild and dry but a sky made up of layers!
    gfm6cbk1olww.jpeg

Monday means housework!
    Jackie 🥰
  • Annsie35
    Annsie35 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY GREETINGS JOHN.

Mike did not show yesterday because of sleet and snow where he lives. Just rain here, gallons of water but the good news is everything downstairs dry as a bone which means Mark can start doing the stairwell and replacing walling.

No one here at first so I tried calling my old friend again. She won't empty her answering machine and one gets a metallic voice asking all callers to try and notify her to do this. Much to my surprise Flo answered! apparently she sleeps an awful lot, so much so her helpers visit daily to haul her over end and feed her! It was her 81st birthday and I asked if her two children had been over. Not yet but she thinks her son had been over whilst she slept and found her cigarette hiding places, because all packs were gone. She's smoked a pack a day since she was 17 years old! Lungs of iron wouldn't you say. I think this is because the son and daughter want her safely placed in a senior home near me. However all homes in all towns contacted have refused her unless she gives up smoking. That aint going to happen is my guess.

Then I tried finding old workmates and much to my surpriseI found one lady who was to put it mildly the company trouble maker. Caused me quite a bit of angst in our day and I found her once crying in the washroom and saying she didn't know why she caused all the trouble. Just a mischievous personality but good at her job. Anyway I found her miles and miles away, photo and all in a country old folks home. Both Flo and I hope she is behaving herself with the old residents but doubt it judging by the still mischievous grin on her now lined face! Her husband who was constantly called to remove her when she got rather merry at Christmas parties died and I guess she is a bit too hard to handle for her two daughters. The good news she is still very involved in charity work at 87 and despite all, did an awful lot of good in that capacity.

Mark and Mary Jo came over to check that all is still dry downstairs. Jilly ecstatic and went into HER George look alike zen mode when MJ rubbed her ears closing her eyes and I'd say almost hypnotized.

Last but not least I had the most vivid nightmare last night. My neighbours had sold their house to a very morose looking Donald Trump, the "dream" owner of a large fierce dog. He informed me his wife had run off with all his money and a very skinny aide! And here's me thinking in wide awake mode that I nobody could actually beat Harry for "unusual" neighbours.!!!!!!

The neighbours had the "Pipe Dream" folks over again. I don't know why as they were crawling up a ladder onto the roof.

Read everyones posts and everyone seems to be enjoying life and thriving.

Annsie.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,126 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! :) Another cool day with possible rain. Taking Joe to lunch today although I would really rather stay home. I haven't seen him for a while so I feel guilty. With sitting Tuesday and Wednesday and meeting on Thursday I don't have many days to make other plans. Once I start going back to church in person on a regular basis I will take Joe with me and we can have something to eat after. That is if his family approves, he did get his third shot. This Saturday I am sitting while Lisa gets her hair done again so not sure when I will return to church.

Like Anne, nothing exciting going on here so have a nice day and keep staying safe.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• linder4866
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Hello! Another cold day but looking forward to warmer temps tomorrow. One warm day but I will be happy for that. I am doing laundry and paying online bills.

Switching over now to yet another birthday card. Thinking cap is on but not working well at this point. 😂. Maybe a birthday hat will help. 🥳

Sandy, a busy week for you once again. You seem to always fill in any blank spaces. Hope you get some rest.

Anne, happy, happy, happy. No water in the house. Wahoo! Sorry that Mike’s area received sleet and snow. You are a busy bee following up with friends and acquaintances. Glad you finally got in touch with Flo. And my heavens, what a horrific nightmare. 😱 I hope that one doesn’t ever show up again!

Jackie, lovely layers in the sky! Glad you didn’t freeze or get drenched. Housework, it cannot always be avoided although I really do try. 😄

Patsy, still recovering from the birthday weekend? I hope you had a wonderful celebration.

Should shuffle along. It’s the day to gather trash, pick-up day tomorrow. I like to clean out as much as I can.

Best wishes.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

5cinw8ff0crk.jpeg
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Tuesday! :) Doing some laundry for Bryanna as her washer at home is not working. Sitting later today and will be happy to see kiddos and parents. It is supposed to be a nice day today. Lisa texted me and asked if I wanted to go to zoo but I declined. It is not that warm and it is not that close. Sunday is Lisa's birthday so we will celebrate together with Bryanna. Thanksgiving will be at their house also but I ordered a ham dinner and Rob will make a turkey breast as we both only like white meat. (am I repeating myself?)

Lunch with Joe was nice but quick. I do think he is going down hill a little but will continue to take him out until his family tells me no more. It is just a little difficult to get him in car with his walker but he is managing. He really looks forward to going so I hate to disappoint him.

Nothing else new here and I enjoy catching up with you everyday so be sure to drop in and keep us informed whether with news or not. As Patsy always says we are like family.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • pinkperil
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Good evening! Another grey day with mist and low cloud hanging over my head as well as the occasional drizzly shower. I was hoping to get some tidying in my garden but it’s far to wet so instead, after a walk on the moors, I made a large pot of vegetable soup to enjoy over the next few days then spent too much time resetting the new tv back to factory settings because there were too many unwanted channels popping up. Most times I don’t wander far from BBC1 but was finding it difficult to search it out amongst all the other unwanted channels.

Yesterday I had great news from our local parish council that someone on there that I trust has been promoted to chair the committee that oversees the allotments and he phoned me to assure me the not so pleasant bullying and controlling man will be dealt with immediately. I phoned my friend Linda who had been so upset by his antics and made her day! It definitely made mine too because the matter was upsetting my calm persona! It had even had me thinking I would give up my part of the plot but instead will consider what to do over the Winter months.

I placed a post on our parish news and comments website offering the tv I no longer need free to a good home and had an immediate response from a lady who lives just across the road so I’ve offered to deliver it tomorrow afternoon. Not much else happening but then it’s that time of year with shorter days and cool temperatures.

My neighbour is still working on his “beer garden” with its string of lights and hanging baskets so I’m not yet making a plan to have a fence and trellis put up most of the length of my garden in case it will need to be even higher by the time he finishes. It will be interesting to see what happens when we have one of our storms crashing in off the Atlantic because it could all end up in my garden! 🤭

Such a pretty teapot Lin but I’m not sure if the flowers are violets or small primula. Gorgeous whichever!
    You put me to shame with your card making so I did cringe when I bought a few boxes of Christmas cards a couple of days ago. 🥴. When I was working full time I dabbled in painting and creating calendars and cards and wonder why I seem to have less time to make such things now I’m retired.

Sandy, it’s sad to see older friends deteriorate isn’t it and I’ve come to the conclusion from what I’ve witnessed over time that even the best care homes can take away the incentive to keep moving and maintain independence. You seeing Joe has reminded me I must visit my friend Les as he is 96 and living on his own, loves a bit of company and adores George and Betty. Perhaps I’ll combine the visit with taking the tv across the road in the back of my car!

Anne, what a great job Mark has done if you are now dried out. What a relief too!
    I once carried out a Google search for someone I worked with in Toronto. He was very supportive when my partner passed away but was going through a rough time himself because he had emigrated to Canada with his parents and left a girlfriend behind promising he would send for her. He told me he didn’t feel the same for her anymore but didn’t want to break his promise so she was on her way! When I returned to England he was about to arrange their marriage but I lost touch so didn’t know the outcome. No mention of a wife or children on his Facebook page but then I left Canada over 40 years ago and since I’m not on Facebook myself decided not to make contact!

I forgot to log my 2 lbs gain in weight on Saturday so will pop over to post it now.

Take care everyone and stay safe.
    Jackie 🥰
  • jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Yea! I got in….let me tell you this new redesign at MFP really isn’t working fir me. I have trying for at least two days to get in to no avail. I had to re-register. Anyway our weather is cold but sunny. We have had very rainy windy weather. Some mud slides and minor flooding. We are fine but John was very concerned. He is as much of a worry wort as I am!

We have most of our thanksgiving food purchased. I am baking a sugarless pumpkin pie. Should be interesting. My homemade cranberry relish is legendary. Maybe because it has a huge dollop of brandy.

John’s birthday was very nice. I was sort of disappointed in my salmon dish but we still had a nice low key celebration. John is to pick out his own birthday gift from Amazon. That bad boy has not done that yet. I will not let him forget. By the way he loved all the notes and cards from you sneakers. As a matter of fact, he does consider himself a sneaker. Everyday he has to know how each of you are and it is not uncommon for him to say…be sure and tell the sneakers about something he finds interesting.

I hope everyone can find their way back to our forum. It was a chore for me! Of course I am not really computer savvy. It doesn’t feel right to start or end my day without a chat with my sneakers!
    All my love,
    Patsy☘️

• linder4866
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Good evening. I ran errands this morning and spent the afternoon and early evening talking on the phone to several friends. I ordered a pair of shoes while speaking with my first friend. We talked through the shoes she purchased that are her favorites and I worked through the Zappos site and found that in my size and voila—ordered! Love Zappos as returns are pretty easy compared to other places.

I have been working on a birthday card for a friend who loves all animals but has a real soft spot for her cats. Here’s a photo of the inside of the card. The front is a cartoon cat.

igpy3qasyu0l.jpeg

I am still addressing Thanksgiving cards and mailing a few at a time. It time will run out so I should pick up the pace. 😃

Patsy, I am glad you had a nice celebration for John’s birthday and glad he is one of us.

Jackie, what wonderful news. Bye bye problem man! As far as putting up a fence, we have limits here on how high our fence can be, I think in most circumstances 6 feet is it unless you live along a very busy noisy highway and then some exceptions are made. Usually those are installed by the city so they are uniform. I hope the beer garden would go away! Wow, you got rid of the old television in a hurry. Best wishes tomorrow. Oh, I have no idea what those flowers are supposed to be on that teapot. Just lovely colors.

Sandy, I hope the day went well. Another busy one! Good of you to do laundry for Bryanna. I know how rough it is to be without a washer!

Anne, I hope you and Jilly are well. And I hope we see you tomorrow.

Be safe everyone.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

Teapot with lots of text detail: “…R.S. Prussia pot was delivered today and it is spectacular. It was made by Reinhold Schlegelmilch in Prussia c.1905-10; see Leland & Carol Marple’s “R.S. Russia The Wreath and Star” page 31-33. Made in Mold 28, it features a flower finial, a mint green flange around the top with three large, molded flowers and two more on the bottom. It is decorated on the front with pink, yellow and rose carnations and a dangling orange one (the molded flower on bottom) against washes of mint and teal green. There is no decoration on the back. It was sold by Falkner & Stern Co. in 1906 and by Butler Brothers and G. Sommers & Co. during 1906 and 1907. It is unmarked. The teapot is 5⅜” to the top of the finial and 8” from the tip of the spout to the back edge of the handle. The bottom is 3½” in diameter.”

e34jlagdgdmj.jpeg
  • pinkperil
    Options
    When I pulled back my bedroom curtains and saw the early sunshine I stripped my bed, tossing sleepy George and Betty in the air, and got the washing machine going so by the time we returned from our walk on the moors I could hang it out to dry. A great plan but already clouds are drifting over and the temperature has dropped several degrees!
    After a bowl of veggie soup for lunch I’ll get a few outside jobs done that don’t require me to walk on the soggy lawns.

Next week I’m meeting friends for lunch at a new restaurant in Plymouth and having just searched on Google Earth for its location, think I’m going to have to give myself extra time to park and walk because the whole area has been regenerated over the past few years so I had to find what is referred to as the bombed out church that was left as a memorial to those who died after weeks of horrendous bombing during the last war, scroll along a street I know then work out the best way to approach it by car or on foot! Nearly 2 years of lockdown has taken its toll I think!!

Welcome back to us Patsy! I don’t particularly like the new MFP design S it seems to have lost its friendly feel plus it’s taken me a week to find the pound a week and add a word boards. I wonder what the reasoning was behind the changes.
    I read that British Columbia had suffered a nasty storm so assume you felt the edge of it too.

That’s a gorgeous cat card for your friend Lin. It gave me a smile and giggle!
    We too have height restrictions on fencing of 6’ but by my reckoning matey next door has gone higher with his black plastic panel because the new patio raised his ground level a couple of feet. The further down my garden I go, his level rises so I’m sure I have the right to work from that… that’s my theory anyway and don’t expect anymore tantrums since he knows I’m in touch with a lawyer! 😉
    Yes, it’s great news the unpleasant man at the allotments will be told to behave and I’ve said to Linda he won’t know that we know so just smile sweetly!

My first mucky job now is to take a level off the wormery after all the veggie cooking I’ve been enjoying. I’m hoping it won’t be too heavy to lift. I’ll report back but no photos!

Happy Wednesday. Continue to stay safe.
    Jackie 🥰
  • Sandydur
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Happy Wednesday! :) Warm but rainy day. I have a couple of errands before sitting later this afternoon.
    The Thanksgiving dinner is ordered, we will be having ham and turkey. A lot of food for three adults and kids who eat hardly nothing but at least we will have leftovers. At least I don't have to cook and all they have to do is warm everything up for a few hours.

For those having trouble getting on see if this link helps show all our topics. Then if it does click the box on the right of the topics you want it should save them as your favorites. Also save to bookmarks so you can find the link easy.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1248-the-senior-golden-sneakers

Jackie, I don't think I would want a picture of you leveling off worms and not sure how you do it, yuck.
    You could try Waze on your phone Jackie, it is a really good navigation system. Or google maps is also good for finding places. Enjoy your lunch and company with your friend. I did not weigh myself last week and will do so this week. I know I have also gained a couple of pounds because my friends on our mini vacation told me I look too thin so I was eating more. I just can't stand it though and prefer my goal weight, thin or not. For my height of 5'2" I should be a lot less than my goal weight but then I would look to drawn.

Lin, my spare bed has folded clothes all over it. Bryanna had done a few loads herself and I finished what she had left. She said there was flood in their basement where she sleeps so I am not sure if she meant they all got wet or were just smelly from the water. All I know is she had a ton of clothes that should feel like new clothes since she hasn't worn them in so long. I did have a good day with kiddos except for putting Charlie to bed who fought it until even after I left her mother said. Little stinker. I also loved the kitty card.

Anne, sleet and snow?? I hope ours holds off for a while, I hate driving in snow. You have good luck in finding old friends or enemies, I have searched and searched and can't find anyone from my past. I would kind of like to know what happened to some of them even old boyfriends. lol

Patsy, so glad to hear all is well and that John's birthday was wonderful. You are a great cook so I am sure your family is looking forward to those special Thanksgiving dishes you are preparing.
    Try the link and see if that helps to show the whole sneakers forum.

Time to eat and get moving once again. I have to admit I do keep busy most of the time.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • pinkperil
    Options
    Thank you Sandy, I have bookmarked the opening through your link so will hopefully have no more problems finding our group.
    I have Waze App on my phone so of course you’re right, I can use it to find the restaurant even if on foot. If Black Friday is next Week I think it’s going to be busy in the city centre so that will be my best option.
    My worms have turned several months of veg trimmings into 2 containers of rich compost and 99% were in the latest greenery so no need to handle them! A little Robin did pick up a few stragglers off the ground though.
    du5lhiv4i0ce.jpeg

Like you, my weight is nowhere near what is considered right for me and I’m sure I would look anorexic if it was that low. I’ll never get there anyway!

Still battling with my tv channels but have found tennis to watch this evening.
    Jackie 🥰
  • jwubben6600
    Options
    Hi Ho! We have sunshine but very chilly. That’s why sweaters were made.

John is still working on replacing the wood stove pipe. It is a dirty and really challenging job. I wish he would have hired it done but you can’t ask that of a guy who treasures his tools and his skills.

It is our daughters birthday. We are not to visit because she is feeling a bit under the weather. But her family is ordering a big pizza for a close family party. I mailed her card and birthday check. She is complicated and extremely emotional but very talented and at times very funny.

I will try that link, Sandy! As I have lamented many times, I am hopeless with computers. I need a class in use and new technology and terms.

Jackie: I have often thought a wormer was such a great idea. We have a compost pile that requires nothing. Veggie matter and occasionally we cover with soil. Later the veggie matter is gone and John spreads the black rotted material around under trees etc and we start over again. The deer love the grass that grows near the compost pile. Low tech and not very pretty but it is out of sight and we have several acres of land To hide our messy veggie/dirt pile.

Lin: the very fancy teapot is so pretty. I doubt it was ever used. I wouldn’t! I would just look at it in awe. Your cards tickle me. I made a very personal romantic card for John. I wanted to turn his face red and cause him to chuckle. It did! Cards are a great way to let someone know you care.

Anne: where are you dear girl? Supervising the construction job in your basement? Tell us all about it and Photos!!!
    That veggie soup of Jackie’s sounds great. I may give it a try as well.
    Patsy☘️
  • Annsie35
    Annsie35 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I'm here, but not getting in by the usual route. I've given up on the mfp fitness part so am not reporting weight, but I will jump on the scales tomorrow. I suspect I've lost weight.

All the places reported about the absolutely terrible floods and land slides in BC Flo and I either stayed in or visited. Hard to believe and one memory is eating a wonderful salmon caught in the Frazer River and brought to us by a native Indian guy who sold it to us. Anyway, between the floods and the food shortages in the UK our government is pleading with us on the radio not to hoard food. Hah, pigs might fly on that one! I've ordered a new Brita for tomorrows grocery order, just in case we have more electricity stoppages and I can't boil water. Sounds paranoid! Are you girls noticing how prices are rising. My weekly groceries here, and I don't buy anything pre-made or exotic have risen by about $20. Even more this week with the Brita.

Our basement is now lovely and dry but a complete mess. Mark staggered in with armloads of wood, etc and is working roughly three hours a day, concentrating on the basement well at the moment. All the hammering makes poor Jilly a bit nervous and she cuddles up to me on the sofa. I will be pleased when the back entrance and stairs are done but I've told him to take his time, no rush.

So girls and honory member John nothing much to report. Pretty quiet around here apart from the hammering. Mary Jo made her Christmas puddings yesterday! Which reminds me, we have decided not to give individual gifts this year, but each family member to spend $30 to $35 on a useful unisex gift to be handed out after Christmas Dinner with a number one's picked out of a jar. But what to buy? So far I'm thinking green and black tea and a large box of fancy biscuits. Maybe a napkin and ring added. I'm clueless. So all you inventive folk any better ideas? It's supposed to be sort of fun and Mike was talking of a huge pack of toilet rolls and a plunger. I THINK he was joking.

I'm afraid I've given up on Christmas card sending. The ones I've seen so far don't inspire me at all.

Hugs to all of you. I think the MFP changes are done PATSY to give some folk work. Do you think you will be invited over for a beer JACKIE when your neighbours beer garden is
    completed. SANDY, I think what you are doing for Joe is quite wonderful and as for LIN, LOVE the latest card.

Annsie XXXXXX
  • Sandydur
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Happy Thursday! :) Meeting today and after a quick stop at Home Depot. It is only 32 degrees but the sun is finally shining and feels wonderful. Nothing going on here other than lots of sitting. Sitting tomorrow all day instead of Saturday as Bryanna asked Lisa to change her appointment. Worked out good for me as I think the furnace man is finally coming to clean and check my furnace on Saturday.
    Sunday we will celebrate Lisa's birthday.

Anne, try this link to get to main page. https://www.myfitnesspal.com/ Yes, I have noticed how prices have gone up especially gas but most of it is because of the pandemic. Mark has certainly taken on a workload but it will be beautiful when done. A grab bag gift sounds like fun, if you want to be practical get a gift card, if you want to shop your idea sounds great presuming everyone drinks tea.

Patsy, sorry you were unable to visit your daughter on her birthday but if those were her wishes, you honored them. I do hope the link works for you.

Jackie, can't you just add the channels you like to favorites so they are easy to find? Black Friday, a day I never leave my house because of all the crowds, please be careful.

Lin, busy day for you today? More cards to be made for the coming holidays? I also feel guilty when I go to the dollar tree for my cards but I buy so many it is just better for me.

Have a great day, stay safe and healthy.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • linder4866
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Hello, sorry, missed yesterday! I was going to post but my sinuses are in a tizzy and my head was pounding and my nose was bleeding from time to time so I thought I would take a nap. Haaaa, it was about supper time when I made that decision and I never really rallied at all until about midnight. Apparently any cold windy weather is causing my sinuses to rebel!

I did finish and mail the last 20 Thanksgiving cards yesterday. Working now to finish a couple of birthday cards and then it is time to organize Christmas cards. I never finished my little snowmen. They are cutout and the background papers are foiled and I may have enough sentiment strips but everything must be put together.

Also must make my list of people I am sending Christmas cards to and what type of card is the best for each. And must not forget to address envelopes to send out the remaining 2022 calendars.

So that’s what I will be up to until Christmas. 🎄🎄🤶🏼

Sandy, I hope Lisa’s birthday celebration will be fun. Happy sitting with the kiddos time the next several day. I used to purchase almost all my cards at the Dollar Store after I decided I could no longer afford the Hallmark store. People are happy to receive a card, doesn’t matter the origin.

Anne, nothing interesting around here. Just the same things I do, cards, reading books, laundry, shopping online. Yada, yada, yada. No idea what gift would be appropriate for all age groups, male and female family members who each have their own set of likes and dislikes. Candy is no longer appropriate for anyone. People don’t care for the same type of fiction/nonfiction. Some people love tea, others hate it. A photo mug with dearest Jilly printed on it? Best wishes on shopping online for something.

Jackie, those have been some busy worms. Some companies here sell composting pails for under the sink but I have seen comments that say they smell very bad. I guess the kitchen trash isn’t chewed up by the worms fast enough. Love the photo. What a happy little robin!

Patsy, I was one super happy person yesterday, before the sinuses reduced me to a curled up ball of pain. My new slippers arrived! I needed a new pair last winter but I tried to order several times and the ones I wanted were unavailable. They were back ordered for months. I decided to give it a try even though we have severe supply problems and wahoo—the ones I wanted were available in my size. Three days later, I had slippers! They are unpacked and I will try them tonight. The old ones will hit the trash. 😄I am sorry your daughter is unwell but I do understand keeping to yourself when you do not feel good.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

Teapot! The person who posted this photo said it was the largest teapot he had ever purchased and it is damaged. He has no intention to use it apparently and isn’t concerned with the problems.
    p0he2soilpre.jpeg
  • jwubben6600
    Options
    Hello dear ones! We had sun fir a couple of hours then fog and mist rolled in. Our famous PNW marine layer.

Event of the morning, the tool shed cat brought a long dead bird and put it on the deck right in front of the French doors. Katie had a hissy-fit. Barking and growling. The cat ran back to the tool shed. He/she sits on a gate support and surveys the neighborhood. Refuses to go home excepts for days or nights of heavy rain or storms. Then he remembers his home and the cat door into his owners laundry room. Other than that, he spends his time on our gate or in the tool shed. John dutifully
    keeps a dish of water and cat kibble available in a work bench. Anne and I wrote a story about such a cat. I loved our children’s stories. I got discouraged because so many publishing companies closed up during the pandemic and Amazon publishing.

Lin: cards are really becoming a luxury. The cards themselves plus postage can make a card very costly. A large mailing like Christmas cards to friends and family can be a huge investment, as you know! But it is still a lovely tradition.

Anne: okay dear friend. Now all is right with the world. We have heard from our dearest Anne. I confess that I worry if I don’t see posts from all of us. Your idea of Christmas bags sound adorable and fun. Idea…. I know every one will have great fun thinking of creative items in each bag. By the way there are these very complicated mechanical puzzles that are delightfully complicated, kind of like a rubrics cube. A time waster but devilishly engaging. Mike sounds like he is a tease and the life of the party.

Jackie: we have had our smart T.v for over a year and still haven’t figured out many of the features. We don’t have high speed WiFi so we cannot watch movies or netflicks. We have to buy dvds. But we have a large collection at this point. We can pick out the movie of the evening and enjoy. We rewatch our favorites many time. We have a collection of Christmas movies we like to watch. It includes Charlie Browns Christmas tree.

Sandy: don’t feel guilty for buying cards at dollar tree. Being thoughtful and caring is very valuable and rare these days. Even a note on simple typing paper is a treasure when written by someone who cares.
    All my wishes for wonderful Thanksgiving!
    Patsy☘️
  • pinkperil
    Options
    I’ve spent my evening watching the movie The Dig that I remember Anne enjoying earlier in the year. A gentle story based on true events and I can see I will be working my way through a never ending list until the day I die, that’s once I get used to where and how it’s all stored. It’s all very well having a smart tv but it does rather show up those of us who, it seems, aren’t smart enough!
    Yesterday evening I dropped my old tv off to the lady who responded to my post offering it free. She told me her husband had taken theirs when he recently walked out on her and their young daughter so I was especially delighted to hand it on to them.
    Some kind of military manoeuvres last night had low flying helicopters and planes buzzing for several hours that always sound about to crash into my roof so each time they passed I held my breath until they disappeared into the night.
    Our rather bleak weather continues so this morning’s walk wasn’t a long one, in fact when I walked over a brow of a hill halfway round to be confronted by a large gang of ponies, I decided to turn back rather than run the risk of George getting under their hooves. Betty would never get close enough!
    krwcemturhhc.jpeg

Not just the wormery, I also have 2 compost areas towards the bottom of the garden and probably too close to the chicken run because Mr and Mrs Rat reside there so no food can be thrown on the pile. Refilling the rat poison holders is a constant job unfortunately.

The price of fuel has gone up 50% since early lockdown and some food, especially fresh, is continually rising although apart from packets of crisps, I haven’t noticed shortages. We are still short of drivers for haulage

I’ve had a serious talk with Brady about not daring to catch the friendly Robin and at the same time warned the Robin to be wary of cats!

My eyes are going and I see it’s nearly midnight so time to close.
    Jackie 🥰
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Friday! :) Sitting early as Lisa is getting hair done. Have a great day.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time