Runners that need some nutritional accountability

Options

Replies

• swenson19d
    swenson19d Posts: 789 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    I asked a local mastiff fb group about the rugs and rugable was recommended. I bought 2 for a lot of money… 9 somethin’. 😱. I thought about the uti and will watch her. She goes during the day, door is open.The door is a full window and had tinting on it that was reflective, I cut the bottom part off for her. so she isn’t seeing another dog. Dd thought that might be it. No accidents today except last night about 2 am she woke me to tell me she’d had No. 1 and 2 accidents, on the tile at least. Not sure why she woke me after and not before. I think she is a bit unsure to go outside in the dark on her own.

I think I lent my buff to Dh. He prob lost it. Thanks for your thoughts. Did you ever find a rug that you liked?
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,394 Member
    Options
    I want to go to Lowes and look. I found lots online but really want to see one before I start ordering... I guess I should just order something but I am still a little old school especially with something so big an difficult to return. I am also trying to get several boxes unpacked before I try to put a rug down. Getting there - made progress over the weekend.

Remember Sandy and Kevin are still baby dogs even though they are as big as many full grown dogs. They will have puppy moments just like little kids where training goes awry.

No walk or run today but lots of movement doing house cleaning, laundry and taking down all the Christmas decorations. Dh installed shelves in my workout room (previously office) closet so I started unpacking our wine collection and other boxes that will go there.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,001 Member
    Options
    We had snow last night, but not near what they were calling for. The temperatures mostly stayed above freezing, so.....it's pretty and has laid on all the trees, but, it's not on the road, so I have to go to work. I was actually looking forward to another day at home. Oh well.
  • swenson19d
    Options
    @shanaber I get it on the rugs. I noticed with this med adjustment Im less neurotic about stuff. Dh's mess is just there now and it doesn't make me anxious. I still hate it, esp since the bedroom is a mess, looks like a guys room, new bed on the floor, blankets piled, clothes in the floor... but I dont really care to fret over it. So the rugs online, more a function rather than getting something nice. It sounds like you are making progress with the house.

Sandy did better last night.
    She whined that she needed out. no accidents. hooray.
  • CMorning99
    CMorning99 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Good morning folks!

Finally all caught up!

I had 11 days off of work and they were amazing. I really think my current job and lack of interest in it is a significant contributor to my meh. I put no pressure on myself for the week I was off, no food pressure, no workout pressure, no nothing. I set up a challenge to process 200 pieces of inventory from my "back log" in the garage and I made the goal! It really took a dent out of the pile. And I sold a lot of it! I made my annual goal last year for earnings so that was great! More $$ to the house fund. DH had to work but he got 2 4 day weekends.

I had a long talk with my therapist. I really think those supplements are helping and I have cut the dosage in half now. We talked a lot about "normal" and she said a normal thing I can work on is my relationship with DH. He has been working so hard to make sure I am ok that we forgot how to have a relationship. So on the agenda is more date nights, adventures and maybe one day a vacation (Kitty health maintenance trumps that for now). DH is 100% on board and he even is trying to cold turkey quit smoking AND he dragged me out the door for a 2 mile walk 2 days in a row LOL. Who is this man? He was even joking that his apple watch was acting weird, probably b/c it is in shock too LOL. I hope it lasts and I know I need to step up and encourage the behavior to continue too. We also talked about work and she says it is what it is till I retire. We also talked about the house and how things aren't moving and that that is ok and I have a huge problem with adjusting plans LOL It really boiled down to security and one of my big security issues post retirement is not having a home. So we talked about solutions on if the house is not ready to calm that anxiety. Interestingly Mom has been in my dreams the last few nights and all revolved around her old house.

I weighed myself this morning and came in at 166lbs. That is 5lbs from my highest ever weight. I have not run since the turkey trot. When DH and I walked yesterday, I sat on the couch and had all those weird twitchy sensations of increased blood flow to my thighs LOL I started tracking again, just saw the MFP update, looks cleaner and there is that meal photo thingy, I have not looked at it yet though.

Daily goals: Figure out planner (I bought 2, a big one and little one and need to figure out which goes to which, work or personal). Schedule clay bar car wash for my car. The water spots on it are horrendous. Put in work order to have sprinklers not spray car.

Weekly goals: Track calories, walk daily, vitamins, 64 oz of water daily, check 2 inventory boxes a day (annual ck to make sure stuff is still there).

DH should get his Tesla next Saturday. That will be fun! Court tomorrow, pre-trail conference? Not sure what that is, but hope to get an update on when the trial may be.

• swenson19d
    Options
    ohhh @cmorning99 Iv been eying the teslas. I am still loving my bmw but very impressed with the Audis. dh tried to bribe me with a new car if he could invest in a pot grow. ugh. how simple am I?

DD has covid.
    She has no taste or smell, has been vaccinated. I get a pain in my head now and then and am unsure if its meds or a revisit from the virus. My vaccination was in march. I hadn't found a booster for the one shot... so idk if ill get sick. be dumb luck if I don't. Since she has no taste or smell, I am making her the best tasting chicken soup on earth!

New violin teacher yesterday.
    I like her technique. We are working on training to play by ear. I just gotta figure out this anxiety. I mean, everyone gets anxious and self-conscious; why should I let it take over? I practiced last night since dh was out, funding the pot grow... ugh. Sandy barked and groaned the whole time. I just pretended that she was singing and not horribly inconvenienced while trying to sleep.

food and weight
    I can't remember where I wanted to be come new year. I was within a pound of my do something weight, which is up a few pounds, ice cream, salt, perhaps hormonal since I started HRT. I think this is the first year I just dont care about my weight. I mean, I care but Im not obsessed about it. Im just gonna live my days in pj type pants.
  • shanaber
    Options
    @quilteryoyo - Nice that you got snow! I would want to stay home too and just look at it, maybe go play in it! Hope the daycare wasn't too crazy busy!

@cmorning99 - so happy you had a nice break. I have to say, one of the reasons I retired early was because I could no longer deal with the frustration, stress and anxiety of my job and all the travel requirements. Of course when I was home I took it out on dh and I found myself even being impatient with and snapping at coworkers.

I think Teslas are really pretty and they seem to be everywhere here. We have several neighbors that have them. I can't stand Elon Musk though so that would probably keep me from ever getting one. If we got an electric car I think would probably be a Nissan Leaf maybe, really depends on the ratings and repair/problem history. I have been thinking it would be good to have one for local travel since the Subaru gas mileage isn't great with city driving but is awesome on the highway.

@swenson19d - sorry that dd has covid again. I thought they said at one point that getting one of the mRNA boosters was ok and even good if you had J&J the first round?
    A good friend of mine's son is a pot farmer. Our friends helped him buy a farm in Oregon just for that purpose. He and his business partner live on the farm, grow the pot and sell to a distributer so all he does is supply it. They are making enough money now to take over the payments on the farm and I don't think it has even been a year.

My weight is up too... about 5 lbs but still under 150 so I am ok with it. I know it will go back down and honestly all I want to do now is maintain and not have it go up and up.

I had my virtual appointment with my PCP. She ordered a bunch of blood tests but is also thinking autoimmune - rheumatoid arthritis or lupus potentially. I am already ANA positive but hopefully all the other tests will shed some light on what the underlying cause is. She will most likely be sending me to a rheumatologist next. She doesn't want me to run though, especially if I am hurting which seems to be all the time now. So I will get Hobbes out for a good walk instead.
  • swenson19d
    Options
    @shanaber I’m concerned with the grow market being saturated. And Dh is a recovering addict; seems like a bad choice to me. He’s gonna do what he’s gonna do. I’m sure your weight could be attributed to the flair up. I’d think lupus or fibromyalgia, but that’s just a guess. Sound horrible. I hope you find answers and relief.

This is dd’s first go with Covid. I didn’t know about the mRNA booster. I asked at the docs and was told they didn’t have one. So I left it at that. But I can pop into CVS and get one. Thanks for that info.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    @shanaber it does sound like autoimmune - I always refer to my flares as feeling like being lightly set on fire. Nothing you can point to as the cause or center of pain, but sometimes my skin hurts to the point that air moving across it hurts. I was ANA positive with no other tests showing anything for years, so that may be all the answer you get. Sed rate elevated but that was it.

Not to argue with your doctor but my experience is that sweaty exercise helps and lack of exercise just means you lose the ability to exercise. It’s weird what does help - I have had flares stop when I got an actual illness like a cold, like my body was just bored and started attacking itself until it was given something better to do. Same thing has happened with a minor injury such as a fall on trails. Of course you can’t go around injuring yourself to make your flare stop, it’s just an odd thing that happens.

Re: my echo - still waiting to hear interpretation from the doctor.
  • CMorning99
    Options
    Good morning folks!

@Shanaber DH picked the Tesla because he said they were better since the company invests all R&D into electric cars and so they are better. I see his point. I can't stand Musk either LOL

I can finally say that I retire next year. It is weight lifted off of me.

@swenson19d I am with you on the weight. I don't like that I have gained, but also stretchy pants make it easy not to care. Unfortunately my uniform does not not have any spandex so a few body parts loose circulation if I sit too long LOL

We had court yesterday and it was an expected punch in the gut. They changed LS's plea to not guilty by reason of insanity. According to the DA that is interpreted as "guilty because I didn't know better or could not control myself". I tried to google what type of scenarios or illnesses qualify but it is not clear cut. It seems it can be any mental illness that either impairs your impulse control, a voice told you to do it, or you can not understand your actions. And you only have to show that you were experiencing those issues at the time of the crime. What is a bit sus was that then the defense attorney said that they would have to get a psychologist in another county b/c "all the county psychologists are part of a crisis response team and they assisted with the farm animals". I dug a bit and found out that one of mom's dogs went to the main psychologist. She is a wonderful woman and the dog is thriving so I am not mad. BUT not every one is in that org and he had already found another one down south which makes me think he is fishing for a specific diagnosis that he thinks he can get with this one. I think I am more mad that this guy is working so hard to get the kid a lighter charge, where are your morals dude? The DA called his $h1t though and said he would like to cross examine the list of approved psychologists to confirm all had a conflict of interest....which according to dog adopter, they do not. So now they have 45 days to find and agree upon doctors....so we wait again.

I spent the day working on my inventory inventory...I see why people hire companies to do this LOL I had the court playing in the background while I cross referenced the physical inventory to my spreadsheet to what was in my store. So freaking slow and painful. I have 1,900 items right now, I got through 155 in 1 day...and that was all day.

DH is still going strong on his no smoking and walking. I really did not want to walk yesterday since I had been on my feet all day. But DH wanted to and so I checked myself and went so not to discourage him.

Calorie showed about a 500 cal deficit yesterday and I am so hungry today. Oof. I know it is head hunger but so annoying.

Today at work I need to do the training to take over the unit fitness program, never mind I have been doing it for nearly 18 years, I have to go through training every time I move units.

So today goals: Do training, drink all water (64 ounces), vitamins, walk every hour at work.

• shanaber
    Options
    Thanks @rheddmobile - I don't think I have ever had some of the tests she ordered. I also had the elevated SED rate a while back. I will run if I can but on some days just the movement hurts (legs are fine this is like my skin hurts or just under - so hard to explain!). She also had me get some L-lysine for canker sores that have recently popped up. I use to have them when I was younger to the point that they needed to be cauterized a couple of times. It has been years since I have had them though. I had no idea that l-lysine would help.

@CMorning99 - wow such another setback in the court case. I am so sorry it is so messed up! I have read from many defense lawyers that they hate what their clients have done, especially when they know they did it but the have to provide the best defense possible. I think that is why many don't stay in that profession long unless it is all they can do. Glad the DA is stepping up and challenging him though!
  • shanaber
    Options
    @quilteryoyo - are you doing ok? You have been awfully quiet lately!
  • CMorning99
    Options
    @shanaber My vet prescribed L-Lysine for my cat to control feline herpes. So it is a thing.
  • swenson19d
    Options
    CMorning99 wrote: »
    @shanaber My vet prescribed L-Lysine for my cat to control feline herpes. So it is a thing.

Dang @shanaber where did your get feline herpes? been cattin' 'round? 😭 (Im being funny). Bear is still on a shrimp kick. He eats 6-10 a day and would eat double that if we let him. His coat is nice. So glad he is home after that scare.

Kevin is in the mood to tear everything up.... grrr. He's good at "leave it". I dont know how, since we really haven't worked on it much. A chase often ensues if they have an ill-gotten goody, like a sharpie off the table, or the mail, or a phone... Kevin steals stuff off the counters and the kitchen table. So its like watching a toddler who's learned to climb onto the table and eat cat food. I'm sure my dd wasn't the only one that did that? Alex could monkey up anything. He was about 5 and could climb the door frames.

I put Kev and Sandy on the underground fence today. We've been doing "get back" for a while now. They seemed to understand the command. I set the collar on the lowest setting and left it rather loose. They both got zapped once and wouldn't leave my side for 10 minutes. I set the collars back to just beeping and no shock, and they came back to the house to check in when they encountered the beep. Its cold; I just watch from the door. So it is nice that I can let them roam without supervision when I work on something... violin... lots of violin today. my ear is resisting an the brain plots on cheating. I might have used the tuner to get the notes today. still listened to it 50 times at least. and I'm not done learning it.

I am up 5 pounds. @cmorning99 remember when I said I didnt care about my weight? yesterday? I care more today than I'd like too! I am blaming HRT. Perhaps ill take a break from it. I made cookies today and they turned out eat-able. mostly dog biscuits now; pb and blueberries.

classes start in 5 days.
    we had a theft ring broken up, so I may get my last text book in time after all. Least I hope. I dont want an e book.

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,001 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    @shanaber I'm here. Thanks for asking. My back has been behaving, mostly, and I have been walking, but little running. I've been working a lot at daycare and trying to get some things done at home, so not spending as much time on the computer. I miss you all though.

@swenson19d I hope DD has a mild case and the rest of you don't get it.

@shanaber I hope they figure out what is going on with you and that there is something they can do to make the pain stop.

@CMorning99 I'm so sorry about LS and his lawyer and the court system isn't moving along faster. I hope he is not able to get a diagnosis and you get some sort of justice. I can't imagine having to go through this. Hugs to you.

I don't know if I told you or not, but my heat pump is out again. It's been out for 2 weeks - waiting on a new compressor to come in. Last week wasn't too bad, but it's been cold this week and tomorrow it's not supposed to get above freezing. I am not going to work tomorrow so I can keep I fire in my wood stove in the basement. Hopefully that will at least give a little relief to the Emergency Heat (electric from the heat pump) so that my power bill is at least affordable next month. I am going in to work at noon, so need to get out and get my wood in before I leave. It's supposed to start snowing again around 4pm. I hope if it does I can leave early and make it home before the roads get slick.
  • swenson19d
    Options
    @quilteryoyo Wasn't your compressor replaced last year on the heat pump? thank goodness for emergency heat! it a bit too cold to be without. I hope the kids are extra wonderful today!
  • shanaber
    Options
    swenson19d wrote: »
    CMorning99 wrote: »

Dang @shanaber where did your get feline herpes? been cattin' 'round? 😭 (Im being funny). Bear is still on a shrimp kick. He eats 6-10 a day and would eat double that if we let him. His coat is nice. So glad he is home after that scare.
    Hahaha @swenson19d - since I have had canker sores since I was a little kid maybe my brothers gave me the cat herpes from all the barn cats that were around 😂
    So glad Bear is doing so well! I wanna come and get some of those shrimps too...
    Not sure if it would work with your pups but I put some pennies in an empty soda can and when Hobbes would try to counter surf or grab something he shouldn't I would give the can a good shake or smack it on the counter. It only took a time or two and he stopped for the most part. Of course he has had a few lapses in memory when there has been yummy things on the counter and we aren't around (like banana bread!)
    I love it when things work the way they are supposed to like the underground fence! Our yard is completely enclosed so have not had a need for it. I have used a collar like that on him at agility class a few times. Our trainer had the controls and when Hobbes would choose to eat grass and not pay attention he would get a buzz. It really stopped his grass eating habit at least while we were at class!

I see several houses here where the dogs lay on the porch, driveway or front yard and don't move. I wish I had trained Hobbes to do that. Not that I am out front much but still it would be nice. He does know not to go out any door (other than his doggy door) without permission.

@quilteryoyo - so glad you are doing ok and just busy. I was worried your back was bad again. I hope they get your heat pump fixed soon!

Medical - I have been getting some of the blood test results back. All normal. I was in tears yesterday worrying they won't find anything wrong and then what... Not sure what is worse finding something or nothing.
    I did finally just take an Aleve and it helped some but I know I can't and I don't want take it all the time.

Hilde House - Not sure what is going on. Our realtor has been trying to get a fix on what is happening with the financial process. The loan people say it will fund tomorrow but the seller was supposed to sign a closure agreement and then have 3 days to change their mind. As far as we know that has not yet been signed. We also asked for the contingencies to be removed which was supposed to occur last week, then pushed to this last Monday and now he says he has more questions... Just means he can walk away and take the deposit saying we didn't satisfy his contingencies. I am trying to be positive that it will all come together tomorrow. I really don't want to have to start all over.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    @shanaber Seriously, my heart goes out to you looking for a diagnosis. When I had undiagnosed autoimmune problems I once literally begged a doctor to take me seriously. Then when I found out I had lupus I was like, “Yay! I have a potentially deadly disease! What a relief!”

One thing to be aware of is that you don’t actually need an exact diagnosis to get treatment. For a long time I officially had “lupus like syndrome” which means they knew I had some kind of something but no clue exactly what. But treating it like lupus worked just as well. There are honestly not a whole bunch of precision options here, they are going to hand you the same steroids they hand everybody and call it good probably, whatever they figure out.

Lots and lots of sleep, eliminating stress, and taking flax seed and turmeric seems to help me the most. Not sure whether they work but they have some scientific backing, and anecdotally seem to work.
  • swenson19d
    edited January 2022
    Options
    My heart goes out to all with the health issues. Seems none of us escape the wear of time with age. @shanaber when I was trying to figure out what was going on with my hip and several doctors and years went by; it was really frustrating. And few misdiagnoses didn’t help. Cry if you need to, vent if you need to. We’re here.

Dog yammering…
    I extended the dog fence to include the front yard, minus the drive way. I haven’t buried it and am waiting on spring rain to make that easier. We seem to have a lot of local thieves, figure the dogs will help at least during the day. I’m teaching them to go check stuff out instead of barking at it. I’m not sure how well that’ll go. So far they come get me, “there’s something scary” and I “let’s go see” together. They barked at a neighbor or something yesterday for the first time, leaning on one another literally. Making the gruff hmphuuff noises. Idk. I’ve seen coyotes run by, perhaps they caught the scent and glimpse of a “‘yote”. Don’t you love my pet language? They are likely going to understand some bad phrases. They got “go play”, “go run amuck”, let’s go ef some s up… back the ef up… haha! One day I’m going to have to say “could you please cover your ears, I need to tell my dog to stop fn s up” 😬. I started the “come at me” hug with Kev. It aggressive posture but just leads to snuggles. He gets so excited. I don’t want him to react negatively to a rage of postures. If he does the therapy dog thing, he’ll need to be okay with various voices and demeanors, including those who have deficits. Something unfamiliar may appear aggressive, just acclimating him to oddness.
    Kev caught Dh in the bathtub and had to get in with him. The tub is his btw. He’s so animated and Sandy is so timid and stoic. I really do love Sandy too! She’s just a good girl with lots of snuggles.
    kyq3xlvgh0iv.jpeg

a7eqili9my0g.jpeg we had to try the pants on. Eek. Sorry about the dirty dog pillow. It’s doggie.
    I have one class that is open early, so I should start that course. Yay.
  • shanaber
    Options
    Thanks @rheddmobile - I don't have a lot of stress any longer thank goodness other than the physical kind from running. I have been sleeping a ton - more than usual and seem to get really tired and worn out even when not doing much. I do take turmeric but will have to try adding in the flax seed. Do you follow an anti-inflammation diet? I know pastorvincent and a few others did.