Downsizers Team Chat - February 2022

Options

Replies

• MeowScout
    MeowScout Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! How did we get to week 2 of February already?
    My name is Lisa, and I have been really struggling. I have been tracking and exercising and mostly getting steps in, but the weight is just hanging on. Perhaps I am part bear? No matter, I am here to cheer you on and keep myself on track. The weight will do as it will!
    So my start weight was 252, and week one was 254. My goal for Friday is to not go any further up.

I have had lots of changes lately. I homeschool my two boys, 11yo and 13yo. But my side gig has changed. I was teaching with an online company to kids in China, but China changed their policies to no longer allow any foreign teachers, so my job there effectively ended in October. I have been working hard to create my own curriculum and have now begun teaching Latin on Outschool. I love it, but lots of extra work to start up a business on your own, as many of you probably know.

Also, just last week, I have handed over my Cubmaster duties to the next Cubmaster of the Pack, and now my boys and I are all scouting on the same night with the Troop. I can finally go back to singing in the choir!! I did that this weekend, in spite of the snow, for the first time since Covid. That is the longest since I was 10 that I was not singing in a choir. I feel like a weight has been lifted!

Let's LOVE our bodies and our Selves this month, y'all!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,485 Member
    Options
    Good Monday morning all. Had a great weekend with the grandsons. Went bowling, had lunch and let the youngest one pick out his B-Day gift. So much fun - but tired Grandma - LOL!

Did pretty good with the walking, but not so hot with the eating. Picked up a bag of Hershey Hugs and now I need to hide them from myself! Getting back on track today and refocusing.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    2/4=5113
    2/5=7835
    2/6=10,014
    I will do better this week getting these numbers to you :smile:

Hope everyone has a good day. Cold and spritzing rain here in Michigan - hoping it doesn't freeze. It will make for dicey driving.

My granddaughters always leave me happy but tired. All we can do is refocus each day. Quitting is never an option. What part of Michigan are you from? I live about 45 minutes east of Port Huron. Used to do day trips before Covid for shopping. I was up in the Bay City area a few years back. Going to get back someday soon.

MeowScout wrote: »
    Don’t give up on me! I am working it.
    Fri weigh in 254

I WILL post more this afternoon.

Never! We got you!

peng123 wrote: »
    Happy Monday, Downsizers! I'm slammed at work but wanted to report that I stayed within my calories and did my strengthening exercises this weekend - steps for 2/5: 6,667 and 2/6: 5,997

Have a great day!

Hope work settles down. Great job for the weekend.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    JodiSW wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Steps:
    1/30 - 7,327
    1/31 - 11,553
    1/1 - 1,575 (Day after being food poisoned...I pretty much laid on the couch all day)
    1/2 - 10,193
    1/3 - 11,021
    1/4 - 5,333
    1/5 - 4,077
    1/6 - 2,195

Friends, it has been such a challenging week. Then on Friday, my BED just took me...all weekend. I think it's related to eating a lot of bread and noodles on Wednesday and Thursday of last week (after being food poisoned on Monday). I woke up this morning feeling terrible, mentally and physically. I hopped on the scale and have gained 4 pounds over my Friday weigh-in. I know it's fluids but, ugh. However, more than the weight gain, is the terrible feeling of being out of control. :(

Time to breathe deep, pause, and get my head on straight.

With the BED we have to take it moment by moment. What are some of the strategies you have you used in the past? For me, reducing stress is a big one. One thing my therapist said to me is to be gentle and forgive myself when I do have a binge. It is so easy to beat ourselves up but a little forgiveness goes a long way. We are always here to bounce things off. Take it one moment at a time.
  • Maejestique
    Maejestique Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Username: Maejestique
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW : 149.7
    CW : 151

Hope you are all doing good! 😀 Last week has been a busy week! Shifting to new house and so could not stick to my workout and nutrition.. Hoping to have better numbers for this week!
  • jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Monday (Feb 7, 2022)
    PW: 221.1
    CW: 224.6
    SW: 240

I'm sure I'm carrying some water weight as we went out to a Persian restaurant last night that's well known for their gin room (yes - it’s an odd combination but the owner is pretty well known for being an expert apparently). Anyway - too many wonderful appetizers and drinks apparently stuck with me during the morning weigh-in. Sigh.
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    02/06
    No exercise
    02/07
    45 minutes strength training, moderate
    40 minutes stationary bike 4.6 miles
    Really focused on eating within calories this week. Have managed to succeed but really hate cutting calories back when not exercising. However it is getting easier to tell myself no can’t exceed calorie budget. However did take a lot of naps on days was unable to exercise so body is fighting the deficit.
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    So I haven’t posted lately. Struggling to stay motivated. I’ve been doing some baking (friend’s birthday, for a brunch get together, and a baking class I signed up for months ago). And I’m not good at resisting all these treats!

I also had started running and doing yoga… and ten days into it I skipped one day and couldn’t get back at it.

So here I am. Going to try to post more and see if that helps.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 you asked about favorite kitchen gadgets… I just bought a new gas range/oven and it has an air fryer feature. I’m excited to try it! I love fried tofu so I am hoping I can recreate that. Should be delivered in a week or so.

Steps:
    2/6 4,876

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,053 Member
    Options
    Jpedno wrote: »
    So I haven’t posted lately. Struggling to stay motivated. I’ve been doing some baking (friend’s birthday, for a brunch get together, and a baking class I signed up for months ago). And I’m not good at resisting all these treats!

I also had started running and doing yoga… and ten days into it I skipped one day and couldn’t get back at it.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 you asked about favorite kitchen gadgets… I just bought a new gas range/oven and it has an air fryer feature. I’m excited to try it! I love fried tofu so I am hoping I can recreate that. Should be delivered in a week or so.

Steps:
    2/6 4,876

Please post your steps for 1/31 to 2/5 by Tuesday Evening 2/8/22...Thanks
  • Pippin20206
    Pippin20206 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Steps 7373
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Username: Maejestique
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW : 149.7
    CW : 151

Hope you are all doing good! 😀 Last week has been a busy week! Shifting to new house and so could not stick to my workout and nutrition.. Hoping to have better numbers for this week!

Moving definitely makes weight loss difficult. Are you settled yet?

jimboden3 wrote: »
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Monday (Feb 7, 2022)
    PW: 221.1
    CW: 224.6
    SW: 240

I'm sure I'm carrying some water weight as we went out to a Persian restaurant last night that's well known for their gin room (yes - it’s an odd combination but the owner is pretty well known for being an expert apparently). Anyway - too many wonderful appetizers and drinks apparently stuck with me during the morning weigh-in. Sigh.

Water weight and restaurants go hand in hand. Have a great week!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    02/06
    No exercise
    02/07
    45 minutes strength training, moderate
    40 minutes stationary bike 4.6 miles
    Really focused on eating within calories this week. Have managed to succeed but really hate cutting calories back when not exercising. However it is getting easier to tell myself no can’t exceed calorie budget. However did take a lot of naps on days was unable to exercise so body is fighting the deficit.

I am still after three years, having a hard time convincing myself to stay within calories. It is a fight every day.
    Jpedno wrote: »

Steps:
    2/6 4,876

I find for myself, posting really helps. I think if I didn’t I would totally go off the rails and gain all my weight back. Do you have your weight from last Saturday? I can mark you as excused if you rather.

rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone. Seems like a lot of us are struggling right now. It is a struggle to improve ourselves but we can do it.

Check in for 2/7:
    Steps - 12211
    Calories - 1728 or close. Popcorn and jello for dessert. 150 cal total. Crock pot pulled pork for dinner.
    Exercise - 5.67 mile walk in 1 hr 42 minutes. I am getting faster.

Fantastic steps! Wow! That’s over 9 km you walked.

Bluetail6 wrote: »
    Yay!! I can see the group on my pc. I still can't see my wall. I'm just going to be grateful. It has been a solid week. I sincerely missed checking in, just, wow that Downsizers is such a source of connection.
    I've decided to start posting some stats again. I have my Garmin week set is Monday thru Sunday.

Monday 2/7:
    Start exercise early: Yes (for me this is before evening.)
    Stairs: 20 flights
    Intensity Minutes (Mainly aerobic):
    Moderate: 15
    Vigorous: 172
    Total: 187/150 for week.

Lee, I missed you! Look at those intensity minutes. Awesome!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    PW - 192
    CW-190.4
    UGW - 140

Steps -6502

Awesome loss!
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 2/7