Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,843 Member
    Options
    We had spiralized zucchini (zoodles) with tomato sauce and turkey meatballs. Wow 😲- so filling 👅without many calories. I need to haul out that spiralizer more often.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,632 Member
    Options
    I'm having a field green salad (they are on sale again! woohoo) with a red pepper, 2 boiled eggs disguised beneath a hearty layer of pickled onions :) a dollop of hummus and a good sprinkling of pomegranate seeds all dressed with some fancy pants balsamic vinegar :) So delicious!!!!!!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,637 Member
    Options
    OK: salad girl... that's interesting. The pomegranate seeds I bet are good in there!

@Yoolypr .... maybe I need instructions on how to use a spiralizer... I tried a starfrit one and got nowhere. I am not allowed to use a mandolin... because, well... I have a 90% of uses cut record... of my fingers
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    The pomegranate seeds were the star of the show...delicious....but such a pain in the bottom. I've a bit of a process working for me now - score the skin - divide in 4 chunks (put three away for future use) and fold the skin backwards over the salad bowl and poke the seeds out. They come out fairly easily - little bits of membrane get in there, but not too bad to get out. For some reason this method seems more manageable - pomegranates usually feel like more trouble then they are worth.

Best you stay away from the spiralizer, PAV. Yooly will spiralize her own and remind us of how delicious they are - we will stick to the frozen ones.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    You can buy little containers of only the seeds!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Shhhhh.... quiet..... let's not tell @lauriekallis that I've spotted frozen pomegranate seeds at both superstore and at least couple of shoppers (PC brand white bags)
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    ssshhhh...... :)
  • PAV8888
    Options
    URG! I am starting to wonder if too much second hand fumes are affecting my brain, or is it old(er) age <hi Connie!!!!!!> Sorry Laurie! I just looked and nothing comes up either at Superstore or Wholesale Club. I wonder if I imagined them? But I swear I am visualizing a freezer at shoppers with bags of them!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Oh Pav, those were probably cranberries that you saw!….lol…..

We went to Outback for lunch so we had a light dinner….still a good day!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    My day has been all messed up on the food front. The middle of the night meal I logged as breakfast today...(2nd day in a row I am doing that) and then my neighbour came by to play Scrabble with a bottle of Bailey's Irish cream for us to put into our tea and a plate of date tahini brownies. All that did not leave a lot of calories for straight ahead eating. Kinda hungry now...not sure what to do...lol. Hopefully I can push through and have a normal day tomorrow!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,246 Member
    Options
    I am making meatloaf tonight with some roasted cauliflower and mashed potatoes. Wanted some comfort food. Calories are actually not too bad so happy about that. I did get a walk in today, though I also stopped and had breakfast. Love living so close to a bunch of diners. Just had 2 eggs, some potatoes, and wheat toast. Oh, and a Sprite. I was craving a soda so I got a glass there. That way I have the one glass and that is it.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Was good last night - went to bed with no more eating! :) leaves me a full calorie complement to enjoy today.

Good call on the glass of Sprite, Athijade.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,246 Member
    Options
    Ordering in a burrito bowl from Qdoba for lunch. It just sounds good today. Like a bit of a treat, but still within my calories and is "healthy"... including bunnies. Plus, with the anxiety and the xanax I have no appetite so the fact something sounds good and makes me feel hungry is a sign to get it.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Was good last night - went to bed with no more eating! :) leaves me a full calorie complement to enjoy today.

Me not as much! have to do something about this at some point :disappointed:
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Sounds like a win - win, Athijade!

PAV, I wish I could say the same for last night. It is a freakin' battle. I'm trying to stay positive but some moments...
    It just astounds me how small of a role intellectual understanding/control seems to play.
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,843 Member
    Options
    We went to the movies this afternoon to see “A Man Called Otto” - Tom Hanks new movie. Great movie. Sad but definitely uplifting at the end. Highly recommend seeing it.

Anyway - we went to our local Alamo theater which has lovely reclining seats and serves overpriced but very tasty meals and adult beverages during the movie. Hubby had a coupon for BOGO personal pizzas. (Why is PAV not surprised about the coupon?). I had half my omnivore pizza at 650 calories. More than I usually allow for lunch.

I’ll cut back on my dinner so it’s all good. And hubby has plenty of leftover pizza for tonight. 👍
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Sounds like fun, Yooly! I went to see Bones and All on the weekend. Snacking during the movie definitely not recommended. So 0 calories consumed. It was a surprisingly good movie - for a shocking horror.
  • scoutmom1981
    scoutmom1981 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I had a hard weekend. I led our Scout troop on a weekend campout. That means extra calories from camp food. I ate in moderation but couldn't weigh anything so it was all guestimate. It was hard right after restarting. It was hard coming home and getting back into the swing of things. I am still working on it and I got on the scale today. I am up but it's not a bog deal.

My son was voted Patrol leader. He is super excited to lead his patrol over the next 6 months. I am so amazed at how much these boys are growing into great men!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Sounds like a wonderful experience, Scout Mom. I imagine that you were active enough that your TDEE called for a few extra calories.

Congratulations to your son!