Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,401 Member
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    Jezebel sauce for ham or poultry. Prepared horseradish mixed with apricot preserves (use the natural or low sugar variety).
    I have mixed horseradish with cranberry sauce too. Not bad but apricot is better. Works well with low fat cream cheese and crackers.

You are about to be relegated to the role of Jezebel you temptress you! NO! I'm fine with mustard or sriracha, thank you very much! :wink:
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,549 Member
    :D
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,755 Member
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    You are about to be relegated to the role of Jezebel you temptress you! NO! I'm fine with mustard or sriracha, thank you very much! :wink:

Hey - just sharing some special occasion condiments! Actually they work well if you need to bring something to a party. Jezebel, ham, turkey, crackers and cream cheese. DONE ✅
    I might remind you I spent years making party food for hubby’s troops. Those kids could pack away astonishing quantities of food. Of course they were all very young and in top physical shape. I always had to put out lots of nibbles until the main course came out. Otherwise they’d be chewing plaster off the walls. Voracious!
  • PAV8888
    edited March 2023
    Whisked a 500ml carton of egg whites (494g) with 4g mustard powder and 5g lemon pepper seasoning.

Then folded in 76g thinly chopped and quickly nuked white onions, to which I added 50g banana pepper rings, and 75 (3 packs and they did weight 75g :wink:) Grimms Turkey Peps and cheddar sticks (so three small cheddar sticks and 3 small turkey pepperoni sticks) all sliced thinly.

Used 3g of spray oil. Warmed up a deep casserole / pot, then lowered the heat to just above simmer, poured everything in, covered tightly, and just let it do its thing.

Quite fluffy and filling for less than 575 Cal (21g fat, 74g protein, 17g carbohydrates, 2g fiber, 2580mg sodium)
  • lauriekallis
    Some kind of souffle???? Very interesting!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,367 Member
    @PAV8888 yeah, like that. I actually like them made with the lower fat cheeses and slightly leaner bacon. I feel like they hold together better vs the filling just oozing out everywhere, lol. I totally could have got away with less cream cheese, like 2oz, but I'd already mixed it with the shredded cheese when I realized that. It was delicious nonetheless.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    @Yoolypr I like jalepeno jelly with a smear of plain cream cheese on a small, salty cracker.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    The recipe as I made it for the jalepeno poppers was 460 calories, 12.2g carbs, 32.8g fat, 26.6g protein.

If I decreased the cheese (like I said, I ate the remainders), I could get it to 352 cals, 10 carbs, 24 fat and 22 protein and keep all the flavor.
  • Dante_80
    Dante_80 Posts: 474 Member
    edited March 2023
    Today I made a batch of chicken bolognese pasta with olives, came out all right!

TC6KRCY.jpg

nVim8GT.jpg

cep270W.jpg

NjjFhbl.jpg

ilAkkDO.jpg

q2cGhg1.jpg

1ABKAq4.jpg

Came out 1350g of food, 2000kcal. So about 500kcal per portion, not too shabby!
  • lauriekallis
    Looks delicious, Dante!
  • PAV8888
    Me thinks that rower Laurie is right!
  • lauriekallis
    :D

Dante's meals always look superb!

And - I'm quite in love with rowing. I can't tell you how much it has helped my knee! Both menisci (?) in my right knee have been torn for years (since back when they removed them or ignored them) and the one on the inside of my knee has decided to move around a lot these past few months. It sticks out sometimes. A significan extrusion was visible on xray - but I know it is changing positions because sometimes I literally cannot bend my knee and sometimes I can't straighten it. Physically blocked!
    But. Rowing!!!! Wow. Rowing seems to get it back into place. Hobble to rowing machine. Row for twenty minutes. Get off and walk away (with only a feeling of inflammation). Freakin' crazy how it works. But I suppose it makes sense. The knee moves around and there is no compression from my body weight so the meniscus somehow gets jiggled into place. Or something like that???
  • PAV8888
    gingerly... and have you looked into snip snip stitch stich--aren't you on a waiting list for that?
  • PAV8888
    over here I've had some of my potato salad with about 230 Cal worth of crackers--so equal calories between potato salad and scooping devices!

I've also already had some and pre-logged the rest of my 1000g of 0% greek yogurt, 141g of 2% milk, 11g of chopped walnuts, 71g all bran bud, 4g cinnamon, 1.5g of liquid sucralose which is sitting happy in the fridge for later consumption.
  • lauriekallis
    gingerly... and have you looked into snip snip stitch stich--aren't you on a waiting list for that?

Yes...waiting for the MRI now - had xray/ultrasound. But. This rowing thing. WOW
    (or did I say that already? :) )
  • lauriekallis
    That's a whole lot of white in a bowl, PAV!

I might just be making that potato salad this week... :) You didn't bother with the cauliflower this time around?
  • lauriekallis
    Supper tonight? Veggie trio (turnip/beets/carrot) from the freezer (put a whole heck of a lot of bowls of these veggies in the freezer when everything was so plentiful in the fall), green peas, 125g potatoes and 3 veggie weiners :) Nothing exciting, but filling.
  • PAV8888
    edited March 2023
    My bowl is NOT white. The cinnamon and all bran buds give it a beautiful depth of colour and you could add unsweetened cocoa powder too!

BUT, I admit that I went "weird" today (because none of my choices is ever weird) and when I was out went and got a veggies only salad from subway (everything, yes to hot, no seasoning, no dressing, no cheese).... and then walked across to McDonald's where a big Mac had a 40+% discount because of the hockey game (so basically they're selling it at the three years ago price or something)... and then I added the big mac into the salad (including dressing).... chopped it up.... and then proceeded to eat it at mcdonald's! ~700 Cal

HEY. I just realized that there exists someone I can blame for this idea @nicsflyingcircus !!!!
  • Dante_80
    Dante_80 Posts: 474 Member
    edited March 2023

I've also already had some and pre-logged the rest of my 1000g of 0% greek yogurt, 141g of 2% milk, 11g of chopped walnuts, 71g all bran bud, 4g cinnamon, 1.5g of liquid sucralose which is sitting happy in the fridge for later consumption.

You know that you can also just freeze that and make ice-cream, yes? (preferably after dissolving a couple of bananas and pouring some vanilla extract in) B)

Also, always sprinkle some cinnamon on top when it is time to eat, if you add it to the mixture beforehand and refrigerate it makes the whole thing more bitter for no added benefit.

• PAV8888
    edited March 2023
    Oh: that may be a good idea (the cinnamon on delivery)... but, you "know" me, right? I've put enough sucralose in there that not only does it remain sweat with the cinnamon built in... I even added 3g of unsweetened cocoa powder on top and it survived that too!

OK: I am not THAT bad... but CLOSE!

I actually got sidetracked per previous Subway Salad / McDonald's Big Mac combo (poor CCCGG almost gagged at the description!!! Ooopsies!) so I've still got a good 2/3 of the yogurt goodness waiting in the fridge for tomorrow!

Oh well. Time for me to snooze a bit I think! Good morning to y'all!