TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (March)

Options

Replies

• sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Hey, there, TBBT. This thread has gone kind of quiet, so I am going to re-energize it. I dropped off the face of the myfitnesspal earth in early July. I couldn't go for my walks because of my knee and my son was coming home mid month, so I bailed. Both just convenient excuses, I know. I need to stop feeling sorry for myself because of my knee and just adapt. You read through any support thread on MFP, and you are guaranteed to find someone who has a lot more to deal with than yourself! I need to try this again. My motto of "fake it 'til you make it" starts tomorrow. I will post my starting weight tomorrow (Wednesday), which is my weigh-in day. Let's do this!!

Lisa

@HASWLRS Hi Lisa!! Glad to see you are back. I too am just trugging along but hoping to get a reset mindset and back on track soon. Glad all went well with your Dad. Let's take that mountain climber back down that mountain and not over the cliff (at least this was my motivation when I jumped back on here last time... and still use that picture to reset myself.
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    @sandkp The mountain climber reference made me think of The Price is Right! I read that you are now a grandma?Congratulations! My husband can't wait to be a grandparent. I am okay to wait. First I want official daughters-in-law.

@DaffyGirl88 I found pumpkin spice almond milk in the grocery store this weekend...didn't even wait until the hazelnut was finished to open it this morning!
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Taking a brief moment to check in. Visited the grandkids over the weekend and am trying to catch up at home before work tomorrow. First up is laundry. I don't think I've ever had so much snot wiped on my shirt! 🤧 Even when my own kids were that age. I felt like a human snot rag all weekend. 😳 Doubling up on the zinc etc to make sure I don't catch anything.

@HASWLRS I spied SF International Delight a few weeks ago and bought 4 bottles! 😂 You never know when it might sell out. 😁 I'm dying to go to Panera for autumn squash soup 🥣 but it's over 90 here today and not quite soup weather. Soon.

Well, coffee break is over, enjoy the rest of your day! 🌻
  • maryc11
    maryc11 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody,
    I was just checking in to see if there was a competition going but see there is not. Decided to say 'hi' anyway. Hope someone remembers me.
    Everybody good? I am starting back up on a program to lose more weight. Have been fairly stable but switched jobs to fulltime remote which is making getting my steps in nearly impossible! Consistent over 100 degree weather isn't helping me at all.
    Any motivational ideas to share with me?
    Mary
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @maryc11 Hi, Mary! I remember you! Glad to hear you have a new weight loss program that you will be using to help you reach your goal. Walking outside when it is stupid hot is no fun, I get it. Depending on the layout of your home, you could just walk around inside! Put on some good music and get moving!! And try changing your screen saver to a winter scene to help cool off your thoughts, at least. As far as the rest of us, if we are still on this thread we are still needing to lose weight, which is bad, but the fact we are still here and have not given up, is good!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @DaffyGirl88 Autumn squash soup does sound yummy, but it is hot here, too. (It seems like it is hot everywhere right now!) My husband usually has made his first batch of tomato soup from our tiny garden, but I told him it was too soon!
  • DaffyGirl88
    edited September 2023
    Options
    @maryc11 Hi, Mary! I remember you! Glad to hear you have a new weight loss program that you will be using to help you reach your goal. Walking outside when it is stupid hot is no fun, I get it. Depending on the layout of your home, you could just walk around inside! Put on some good music and get moving!! And try changing your screen saver to a winter scene to help cool off your thoughts, at least. As far as the rest of us, if we are still on this thread we are still needing to lose weight, which is bad, but the fact we are still here and have not given up, is good!

I remember you also! 🙋‍♀️ Glad you are doing well. I totally understand about the remote work cutting into your step count as I'm in the same boat. And while it has been very hot, thankfully NOT 100 degrees!! 🥵

And speaking of step counts...have you ever heard of Stridekick? https://stridekick.com/ After Fitbit dropped its challenge feature a bunch of us migrated over there. It's good because it works with any tracker, not just Fitbit. We have kept our same usernames so you can easily find us if you decide to sign up. Check it out!
  • maryc11
    maryc11 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Both great suggestions...I will take a look at that website.
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Hi TBBT I have been reading and catching up on all the news I’ll start posting tomorrow as this last 2 months has been no plan at all just whatever
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    murdog3t wrote: »
    Hi TBBT I have been reading and catching up on all the news I’ll start posting tomorrow as this last 2 months has been no plan at all just whatever

@murdog3t I can relate to the "no plan at all" summer strategy. FYI....it doesn't work!! Here's to a "let's have a plan" fall!!
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    I'm still keeping with a low carb plan. I've gotten kinda relaxed and have not been good at logging and weighing food. So, I plan on getting back on track with that.

I want to hear about your plans. What kind of plans are you making to work toward your weight loss goals?
  • therealbluenote
    therealbluenote Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Whooboy am I busy. Sorry friends! I’m trying! But I’m doing about 60 hours of work a week. Ooofta. I’ll try to catch up here later!
  • Tomsgal1985
    Tomsgal1985 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Weekly Post:
    Username: @Tomsgal1985 (Susan)
    Today’s Date: September 6
    Weigh-in day: Wednesday
    Previous Week's Weight: 231.8
    Today's Weight: 230.4

I started tracking again a couple of days ago. My bloodwork was worse than last time, which I expected. Endocrinologist canceled my appointment for yesterday since I’m already scheduled for follow-up in October. I have to get serious this time.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    I'm still keeping with a low carb plan. I've gotten kinda relaxed and have not been good at logging and weighing food. So, I plan on getting back on track with that.

I want to hear about your plans. What kind of plans are you making to work toward your weight loss goals?

@brandi_84 My plan is simple, really. I plan to log everyday that I can, and stay under on those days. I am starting to go for short walks again, so my plan will be to walk everyday and to build up my endurance. I did order myself a brand new pair of New Balance shoes yesterday for that explicit purpose!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Wednesday Weigh-In

August 30th: 207.6
    September 6th: 203.6

First week water weight loss. Hoping it will still be in the two pounds/week range for the next twenty or thirty pounds.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Whooboy am I busy. Sorry friends! I’m trying! But I’m doing about 60 hours of work a week. Ooofta. I’ll try to catch up here later!

@therealbluenote At least you are staying out of trouble if you are working that much ;) Hope you get a breather soon!
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Happy National Read a Book Day 📚

On my plate is Built to Move by Kelly and Juliet Starrett. I'm really enjoying it! 👍
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Date: 09/05
    Username: Murdog3t
    logged food: 👍🏻
    under calories: 👎🏻
    50g net carbs : 👍🏻
    30 min exercise: 👍🏻
    30 min walk :👍🏻
    7000 Steps: 👍🏻
    Water: 88+
    Goal go today : log all my food 🍲

My plan is to follow FLAG ( fast like a girl book) it’s basically carb cycle and following the moon phases

Username: Murdog3t
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Goal weight:140
    PW:152.2
    CW: 156
  • Tomsgal1985
    Options
    Wednesday Weigh-In

August 30th: 207.6
    September 6th: 203.6

First week water weight loss. Hoping it will still be in the two pounds/week range for the next twenty or thirty pounds.

Nice! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
  • Tomsgal1985
    Options
    Wednesday, September 6
    Tracked: yes
    Under: no
    Exercise: no
    Comments: I was down .6 in spite of lunch out with our son. I’m trying very hard to finish up eating by 7 pm, which I think helps me to sleep better & show a loss the next day. Now to get myself to WALK.