TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (March)

Options

Replies

• DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    @DaffyGirl88 How was your trip to Buffalo?

@brandi_84 it was good thank you. As usual both too long and too short. Drove up on Friday, visited as many people as possible Sat and Sun, and drove home Monday. Also as usual, I ate too much. We went straight from breakfast with my brother and SIL to lunch with my husband's family on Saturday. Then on Sunday straight from lunch with his family that was still in town (some had to drive back up to Canada) to watch the Bills game with my niece and her husband. And no Bills game is worth it's salt without pizza and wings. It was a good visit though, I got to meet two new little additions to the family. πŸ₯°
  • Tomsgal1985
    Tomsgal1985 Posts: 942 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Weekly Post:
    Username: @Tomsgal1985 (Susan)
    Today’s Date: October 25
    Weigh-in day: Wednesday
    Previous Week's Weight: 233.0
    Today's Weight: 232.8

Had a banquet & a wedding this past week, so I’ll take it. Broke down and got a new charger for my Fitbit, since the other two I have are still lost 😞
  • Tomsgal1985
    edited October 2023
    Options
    59bpsiqd8khj.jpeg
    Yesterday. Not used to tracking water yet. I think I did have SOME πŸ’§
  • Tomsgal1985
    edited October 2023
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: Β»
    I just got back from Switzerland. My husband and I were there visiting our son for five days. I am feeling re-energized to tackle my health. We didn't see any obese people there. We did see many people jogging and riding their bikes and walking, of course.

My knee is still sore, but I can walk. A couple of days in Switzerland I hit 20K steps. I have an appointment at a knee clinic on Wednesday so we will see what they say.

I logged my food yesterday and was under my budget (even with some Swiss chocolates). I went for a 39 minute walk with my husband and reached 14K steps. I requested to join the upcoming Harry Potter Challenge. I am down a pound from yesterday.

Day 1 in the books.
    Wonderful! Sounds like a beautiful trip! Would love a pic!

I do notice now when I see group pics from the US from the 1960s and earlier (like on a city street or at the beach) that there are no obese people. What happened to us? What happened to me?! 😳😩
  • Tomsgal1985
    edited October 2023
    Options
    @HASWLRS I echo what @brandi_84 said. Great to hear all of the above. Today is my first day back and am looking forward to getting back to normal after 4 days of no exercise and over eating. Feeling stuffed. Hope your Dr visit goes well.
    Pray your trip was a blessing (or maybe it was in-laws? πŸ˜† No offense intended) ❀️

I plan to check in more regularly. I miss this group when I hide.

@therealbluenote Are you ok? β€οΈπŸ™πŸ»
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    @DaffyGirl88 It sounds like a good time

@Tomsgal1985. Awesome day!

I'm not liking the changes that were made to the fitbit app!!
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Date: 10/24
    Username: Murdog3t
    logged food: βœ…
    under calories: βœ…
    20g net carbs : βœ…
    30 min exercise: βœ…
    30 min walk : βœ…
    7000 Steps : βœ…
    Water: 88

Goal go today : log πŸͺ΅ all my πŸ₯˜ food
  • Tomsgal1985
    Options
    @DaffyGirl88 It sounds like a good time

@Tomsgal1985. Awesome day!

I'm not liking the changes that were made to the fitbit app!!
    Thank you, Brandi! I agree on the changes to Fitbit!
  • Tomsgal1985
    Options
    murdog3t wrote: Β»
    Date: 10/24

Goal go today : log πŸͺ΅ all my πŸ₯˜ food
    Great day! πŸ‘πŸ»β˜€οΈ
  • Tomsgal1985
    edited October 2023
    Options
    52d7qfghj0sw.jpegI didn’t do nearly as much yesterday, but I did hit my minimum step goal. Still working on remembering to track water.
  • therealbluenote
    therealbluenote Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Whew! Just finished the musical that took EVERYTHING out of me! πŸ˜– Glad that’s over! The kids did a great job. Now I’m back to only working 50 hours a week. Thank goodness! It took me four days to recuperate! πŸ€ͺ No more musicals for me!!!

mhs7ssqfldls.jpeg
  • therealbluenote
    therealbluenote Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    I have too many pages to catch up on! Can anyone give me a one-post recap? ☺️

8r0v3w1e5esb.jpeg
  • Tomsgal1985
    edited October 2023
    Options
    I have too many pages to catch up on! Can anyone give me a one-post recap? ☺️
    β€”β€”\\\\\β€”β€”-
    (I somehow made my reply part of your original post. Sorry)

Hi, Nancy!!!! I missed you! Great job on that musical! Those kids will never forget it! πŸ‘πŸ»πŸŽΆπŸŽ­πŸ₯°

For myself, I’ve been off track and floundering and gaining, but I am trying to at least log in and read & post. I finally got a new charger for my Fitbit. Hugs & welcome back!

@therealbluenote
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Good morning and Happy Monday! Just stopping in to say hello, will be back to check in with everyone later (I hope...)
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Hello and Happy Halloween!! πŸŽƒπŸ‘»πŸ§›πŸ¦‡

Question of the day - can she stay out of the candy bowl?!?
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Happy Halloween!!

I decided to buy some full sized chocolate bars (on sale) to give out to the few kids that might come by tonight. The fun sized bars are too easy to scarf down without thinking about it. I will allow myself one if I have banked enough calories. I didn't do Halloween last year, but this year I will be home alone as hubby is curling, so it is better than hiding in the dark by myself! My plan is to take the leftovers to work...we shall see.

I found out yesterday that I do indeed have a small tear in my meniscus. Physio, and possibly surgery, is being recommended, but honestly, losing weight will be the more effective course in the long run.

Demolition starts at my house today. We are tearing off the old back porch, extending it, screening it in, and adding an outdoor kitchen, seating area, hot tub and TV. (My husband wants to watch football in the hot tub). We needed to replace the porch as the wood was all rotting, so I am on board; Just not as excited as my husband is about the whole thing. And I will have to move my computer to the dining room, so I do not feel like I am in a fish bowl with workers just outside my den windows!

I logged my food yesterday, and stayed under, but I am starving today! Different food choices and more calories to work with are some things that I will have to pay attention to.

I will try to post some pictures from our recent trip to Switzerland to visit our son later on.
  • brandi_84
    Options
    We had to go out and buy candy yesterday. It was almost all gone. Staying away isn't much of an issue for me anymore. I have found that I enjoy 95% dark chocolate and one piece is enough to satisfy my craving. I can have up to 80% as long as I have room in my carb budget.

• brandi_84
    Options
    @HASWLRS
    An outdoor kitchen sounds awesome! I hope you'll enjoy it once it is all complete.

My porch needs to be replaced too. It wasn't taken care of before we moved in. My daughter helped my father in law jack it up and replace the posts that had rotted but thats as far as we've gotten.
    I'd love to have it screened in so I could sit out with my bird.
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    We had to go out and buy candy yesterday. It was almost all gone. Staying away isn't much of an issue for me anymore. I have found that I enjoy 95% dark chocolate and one piece is enough to satisfy my craving. I can have up to 80% as long as I have room in my carb budget.

@brandi_84 That is awesome, Brandi, that you have weened yourself off the sugar to the point that you can have one square of dark chocolate and call it a day!! There is hope for the rest of us, then!
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Date: 10/30