Downsizers Team Chat - JANUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• rainyrae
    rainyrae Posts: 130 Member
    edited January 9
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

I think I’m planning on 3 days a week for swimming (M,W,F) and then walk with weights (T,TH). That’s the plan for now anyway.

It’s it great when people notice the hard work you’ve been putting in? I’m happy for you that cashier said something. I’m sure it brightened your day.
  • rainyrae
    Options
    I was bumming today that I could not go to the gym due to weather and that I wouldn’t get many steps in. But, with all the snow shoveling and babysitting my grandson, due to school being canceled I definitely got my workout and I’m currently at 6891 and the days not over. Blessing in disguise 😁
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 820 Member
    edited January 10
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    That’s a great NSV. I found at first when I started wearing clothes that fit I was so uncomfortable as I wore them so big for so many years to cover my belly fat. I am starting to get used to clothes that fit. I know for myself, I am ok if it takes two months or two years to lose the 10 pounds. Also, if I find my body wants to stay around 160, I am ok with that. So your smart to take time to see how things go the next few months.
    [/quote]

After losing 100lb i was left with a horrible roll of skin just below my rib cage. It was stopping me wearing more fitting clothes!! Then i discovered body shape wear! No stopping me now!!
    Yes i don't want to commit to 176 as a permanent weight as you can see how much i struggle to 1. reach that weight and 2. stay at 185lb which was my initial maintenance weight. I'm going to see how it goes. I do think I'm a bit addicted to dieting! I actually love seeing the scales go down!!

• aactuallyaash
    aactuallyaash Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Aactuallyaash
    Tuesday
    Pw 232.6
    Cw 236.2

I'm gonna get there. Stress/ life has me binging and not moving. 1400 calories of sour patch kids candy, I've had numbers homemade milkshakes, I lost count, like a gallon of Arizona iced tea, alot of frozen snacks rather than meals that take my concentration and effort. But recognizing this multi day sugar high, I'm not freaking out about it. I'm actually looking towards the me that's out of this current storm, not dwelling and talking down to her scattered and uneven state :) how happy, balanced, safe and at ease she will be sooner than later :) cheers to more growth!
  • prodigal6766
    prodigal6766 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    B) Just want to say thanks to everyone that posts up in here. I get a lot of encouragement and wisdom from all of yous.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,580 Member
    Options
    laquita606 wrote: »
    pw:236.8
    cw:237

steps:

12/31-0
    1/6- 1756

You have some great steps.
    Hotspur11 wrote: »
    Last weigh in 87.5
    CW 86.8

Nice loss! How was you vacation? Vacation losses are the best.

itladyee wrote: »
    Motto: 🏋🏾‍♀️ Don't think, just do it!!

Recap: Additional 5 minutes to treadmill and 12 kettle swings today! Not sure if I'm going to make my noon fasting cutoff. I'm hungry already .... leaning towards a protein shake this morning.

- THOUGHTS: You've got to dance like there's nobody watching! This gives me a visual that makes me smile!!

Step Challenge - Goal 8500
    1/7 5,747
    1/8 10,757
    1/9
    1/10
    1/11
    1/12
    1/13

@ilive2walk ~ I agree that's it tough to hit the 3 macros AND calorie goal. I need to get more protein without increasing carbs. That's awesome that you are 25 miles ahead!

I joined the 2024 miles in 2024. I doubt if I make it but I follow the theory that you need to have a BUAG (BIg Ugly Audacious Goal)...so that's mine!

@lindamtuck2018 ~
    If you get me real mad though I swear like a drunken sailor

That's me as well. 🤣 ..or startle me! It's not pretty!

Love that term BUAG. I never heard it used. I have to figure out one for me.

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    rainyrae wrote: »
    I was bumming today that I could not go to the gym due to weather and that I wouldn’t get many steps in. But, with all the snow shoveling and babysitting my grandson, due to school being canceled I definitely got my workout and I’m currently at 6891 and the days not over. Blessing in disguise 😁
    @lindamtuck2018
    That’s a great NSV. I found at first when I started wearing clothes that fit I was so uncomfortable as I wore them so big for so many years to cover my belly fat. I am starting to get used to clothes that fit. I know for myself, I am ok if it takes two months or two years to lose the 10 pounds. Also, if I find my body wants to stay around 160, I am ok with that. So your smart to take time to see how things go the next few months.

After losing 100lb i was left with a horrible roll of skin just below my rib cage. It was stopping me wearing more fitting clothes!! Then i discovered body shape wear! No stopping me now!!
    Yes i don't want to commit to 176 as a permanent weight as you can see how much i struggle to 1. reach that weight and 2. stay at 185lb which was my initial maintenance weight. I'm going to see how it goes. I do think I'm a bit addicted to dieting! I actually love seeing the scales go down!!

[/quote]

I am trying to hang off buying more expensive items until I settle on a weight. I will look into shape wear. I will admit the lose skin bother me. My stomach, arms and breasts are the worse. I would like to get skin removal surgery but my doctor is against it and so is my daughter. I was just discussing being addicted to dieting with my friend last night. I have been dieting on and off since I was 26. I will be on my latest dieting run for 4 years the beginning of February. I think I will soon go back to my dietician to get guidance on maintenance. He is a great person and he has helped me navigate eating for diabetes, high cholesterol and some help with the dieting.
    @lindamtuck2018

Aactuallyaash
    Tuesday
    Pw 232.6
    Cw 236.2

I'm gonna get there. Stress/ life has me binging and not moving. 1400 calories of sour patch kids candy, I've had numbers homemade milkshakes, I lost count, like a gallon of Arizona iced tea, alot of frozen snacks rather than meals that take my concentration and effort. But recognizing this multi day sugar high, I'm not freaking out about it. I'm actually looking towards the me that's out of this current storm, not dwelling and talking down to her scattered and uneven state :) how happy, balanced, safe and at ease she will be sooner than later :) cheers to more growth!

You have such good insight.
    B) Just want to say thanks to everyone that posts up in here. I get a lot of encouragement and wisdom from all of yous.

We thank you for being here and the suggestions you have given people are great.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 10,538
    Rings: ✔️
    Walk: 3/3
    Swim: 1/2

Yesterday was a great day. I finally got an appointment with the back surgeon. It took 1 year and 9 months to get the appointment. You got to love healthcare in Canada. Anyways, I am so relieved. I go next Wednesday.

I ended up going to the pool yesterday as my injection appointment isnt until tomorrow. I am doing my walks today. Timer is set so I get up and move every 30 minutes.

Have a good day! .

• myhands4God
    myhands4God Posts: 128 Member
    edited January 10
    Options
    @itladyee oooh I like the idea of 2024 miles in 2024. I am going to try it
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,341 Member
    Options
    Motto: 🏋🏾‍♀️ Don't think, just do it!!

Recap: Additional 10 minutes to treadmill for a total of 40 (whooo hoooo) and I forgot my kettle swings today😞 I gave in a couple hours early on the fast so only clocked in at 14 vs 16. Pushing for 16.5 today (15 minutes left).

- THOUGHTS: You ARE what you believe!

Step Challenge - Goal 8500
    1/7 5,747
    1/8 10,757
    1/9 8,070
    1/10
    1/11
    1/12
    1/13

@myhands4god ~ there is a website that @ilive2walk shared. It's runtheedge.com For $25 (you can spend more if you like) it will sync your steps from apple or fitbit (and others) and convert to miles. It will show you a daily calendar and let you know if you are on track or not. It's kinda cool. I need things like this to "distract" me! :)

Weigh in Day: Friday
    Starting - 223.6 (12/29/2023)
    1/5 221.6
    1/12
    1/19
    1/26
    Total 2.00
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,837 Member
    Options
    @itladyee Are you on RTE? If so, if you want to follow me - I'm also iLive2Walk on there! 😉
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,341 Member
    Options
    iLive2Walk wrote: »
    @itladyee Are you on RTE? If so, if you want to follow me - I'm also iLive2Walk on there! 😉

I just followed you. Hopefully you will be able to follow me in return.
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,837 Member
    Options
    itladyee wrote: »
    iLive2Walk wrote: »

I just followed you. Hopefully you will be able to follow me in return.

Just approved yours - and sent my request! 😁
  • rainyrae
    Options
    Steps: 10,538
    Rings: ✔️
    Walk: 3/3
    Swim: 1/2

Yesterday was a great day. I finally got an appointment with the back surgeon. It took 1 year and 9 months to get the appointment. You got to love healthcare in Canada. Anyways, I am so relieved. I go next Wednesday.

I ended up going to the pool yesterday as my injection appointment isnt until tomorrow. I am doing my walks today. Timer is set so I get up and move every 30 minutes.

Have a good day! .

Wow, that is so long to wait for an appointment! I cannot imagine! Hopefully you’ll get some answers and relief soon. Does the pool help with the pain at all, with taking pressure off?
  • rainyrae
    Options
    I’m feeling so frustrated and for the first time in a while, chomping at the bit and wanting to eat what I know I shouldn’t. I sit here with my grapes when what I really want is the chocolate I had my husband take downstairs and hide. My frustration stems from my mother in law returning back to our home following some rehab after being in a car accident with my niece in which she fractured her arm. She has been living with us for 4 years and has dementia. I feel guilty saying it but it was a nice break while she was there. Now with her arm in a cast and her dementia, I have to help her with personal hygiene until the visiting nurse visits are initiated. Even as a nurse myself, it’s just a line I didn’t want to cross and my husband had previously agreed. I’m really worried that this situation may send me to what has always comforted me…carbs, candy, then more carbs and more candy and so on.
    So far so good though, I went for the grapes for the sweet craving rather than marching dawn to the basement and tearing open every cupboard and the freezer searching for my treasure. Lol. One small victory!
  • RoblinB
    RoblinB Posts: 275 Member
    edited January 11
    Options
    @rainyrae Oh, man, do I know that feeling! That restless, semi-anxious, looking-in-the pantry-looking-in-the fridge. My daughter has been known to spontaneously hide the chocolate chips when she notices that they are disappearing at record speed! (And I admit that I have not always resisted that urge to hunt them down as you have!) Gold star to you for the grapes! I know that what I am really trying to do in that moment is escape from that frustration, and I use food as a momentary pleasure distraction. Any substitutes? Book? Movie? Phone call? Maybe MFP is it? I know that it really helps me to put things out here as you have - shining a spotlight on the moment removes some of its power. Trying to build a solid set of skills for these moments is REALLY hard! Way to flex those self-management muscles!!!
  • NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Hotspur11 wrote: »
    Last weigh in 87.5
    CW 86.8

Awesome!
  • NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    rainyrae wrote: »

Lol wow! Alternative workouts for the win!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @rainyrae
    Way to find an alternative to the chocolate. I admire you for doing that for your mother in law. One of the things I had to do when I was getting therapy for my binge eating was to make a list of 20 things to do besides turning to food. The idea is to keep it posted on the fridge. I also use the strategy of having my husband hide food. To answer your question, yes the pool helps. Sometimes it hurts when I stand though, so on those days I do different pool exercises. The hot tub provides some relief also. Not sure if it’s the heat or the fact I stretch while in there. Probably a combination of both.

@itladyee
    Great job on those extra minutes!

This discussion has been closed.