Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,580 Member
    Options
    Steps: 5,901
    Rings: ✔️
    Walk: 4/3
    Swim: 1/2

My plan this morning is to swim after my appointment. I am pretty fatigued so I am sure I will have to push myself to go and not have a nap. Off to get ready for my doctors appointment.

Can you believe it’s Thursday already? Have a good day!

• FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Steps
    Goal: 6,000
    1/7 - 6,040
    1/8 - 6,405
    1/9 - 1,457
    1/10 - 9,124
  • prodigal6766
    prodigal6766 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    rainyrae wrote: »
    I’m feeling so frustrated and for the first time in a while, chomping at the bit and wanting to eat what I know I shouldn’t. I sit here with my grapes when what I really want is the chocolate I had my husband take downstairs and hide. My frustration stems from my mother in law returning back to our home following some rehab after being in a car accident with my niece in which she fractured her arm. She has been living with us for 4 years and has dementia. I feel guilty saying it but it was a nice break while she was there. Now with her arm in a cast and her dementia, I have to help her with personal hygiene until the visiting nurse visits are initiated. Even as a nurse myself, it’s just a line I didn’t want to cross and my husband had previously agreed. I’m really worried that this situation may send me to what has always comforted me…carbs, candy, then more carbs and more candy and so on.
    So far so good though, I went for the grapes for the sweet craving rather than marching dawn to the basement and tearing open every cupboard and the freezer searching for my treasure. Lol. One small victory!

I know it may be hard, but look at serving your mother-in-law as an act of love and not duty. Period. Just keep in mind that she is near the end of her life and she need you even if she doesn’t know it. This is a challenge that God has said before you, and he knows full. Well, you can handle it look to him for strength and he will give it to you. Good luck, and God bless.
  • rainyrae
    rainyrae Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    RoblinB wrote: »
    @rainyrae Oh, man, do I know that feeling! That restless, semi-anxious, looking-in-the pantry-looking-in-the fridge. My daughter has been known to spontaneously hide the chocolate chips when she notices that they are disappearing at record speed! (And I admit that I have not always resisted that urge to hunt them down as you have!) Gold star to you for the grapes! I know that what I am really trying to do in that moment is escape from that frustration, and I use food as a momentary pleasure distraction. Any substitutes? Book? Movie? Phone call? Maybe MFP is it? I know that it really helps me to put things out here as you have - shining a spotlight on the moment removes some of its power. Trying to build a solid set of skills for these moments is REALLY hard! Way to flex those self-management muscles!!!

Thank you! It did help just by posting. I triumphed over the urge and went to bed. Woke with a clear mind a newly renewed determination. Thanks for “listening “
  • rainyrae
    Options
    @rainyrae
    Way to find an alternative to the chocolate. I admire you for doing that for your mother in law. One of the things I had to do when I was getting therapy for my binge eating was to make a list of 20 things to do besides turning to food. The idea is to keep it posted on the fridge. I also use the strategy of having my husband hide food. To answer your question, yes the pool helps. Sometimes it hurts when I stand though, so on those days I do different pool exercises. The hot tub provides some relief also. Not sure if it’s the heat or the fact I stretch while in there. Probably a combination of both.

@itladyee
    Great job on those extra minutes!

I like that idea of making a list and I’m making mine today. Thanks for that! I know what you mean about the hot tub. We have one and I’m in it frequently! Have a good day!
  • rainyrae
    Options
    I’m feeling so frustrated and for the first time in a while, chomping at the bit and wanting to eat what I know I shouldn’t. I sit here with my grapes when what I really want is the chocolate I had my husband take downstairs and hide. My frustration stems from my mother in law returning back to our home following some rehab after being in a car accident with my niece in which she fractured her arm. She has been living with us for 4 years and has dementia. I feel guilty saying it but it was a nice break while she was there. Now with her arm in a cast and her dementia, I have to help her with personal hygiene until the visiting nurse visits are initiated. Even as a nurse myself, it’s just a line I didn’t want to cross and my husband had previously agreed. I’m really worried that this situation may send me to what has always comforted me…carbs, candy, then more carbs and more candy and so on.
    So far so good though, I went for the grapes for the sweet craving rather than marching dawn to the basement and tearing open every cupboard and the freezer searching for my treasure. Lol. One small victory!

I know it may be hard, but look at serving your mother-in-law as an act of love and not duty. Period. Just keep in mind that she is near the end of her life and she need you even if she doesn’t know it. This is a challenge that God has said before you, and he knows full. Well, you can handle it look to him for strength and he will give it to you. Good luck, and God bless.

Very well said! Thanks for the reminder! I have been the one saying she does not need to be placed. I wouldn’t do it with my parents, and I won’t do it with her unless it truly becomes more than I can physically handle. I agree with you 100% and was just having a moment but thanks for “listening “ and for the kind words.
  • rainyrae
    Options
    Made it to the gym and got in a 45 minute swim in the pool. It’s really a great stress reliever for me never mind all the health benefits! 😁. Now, to clean the house and get the laundry done before the next snow storm hits tonight and tomorrow. Have a great day everyone!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,810 Member
    Options
    zh6f0n46colg.jpg
    JANUARY WEEK 1 RESULTS
    TOP 5 STEPPERS ARE:
    1st @Ilive2walk- 149,558 steps
    2nd @prodigal6766 85,236 steps
    3rd @itladyee 76,960 steps
    4th @myhands4God 70,532 steps
    5th @RoblinB 57,358 steps
    Great Job Everyone :):):)
    As A Group We Walked 695,627 steps
    Amazing job Everybody :):):):)

Recognizing Everyone who pledged their steps
    @lindamtuck2018 6/7
    @aactuallyaash 5/7
    @itladyee 5/7
    @Mama530 0/7
    @adianeschu 2/7
    @RoblinB 7/7
    @laquita606 4/7
    @Slimmersixties 5/7
    @ILive2Walk 6/7
    @FindingSamMon 5/7
    @prodigal6766 6/7
    @myhands4God 5/7
    @rainyrae 0/7

I apologize for not getting the step results in sooner... this week has been a blur
  • rainyrae
    edited January 11
    Options
    zh6f0n46colg.jpg
    JANUARY WEEK 1 RESULTS
    TOP 5 STEPPERS ARE:
    1st @Ilive2walk- 149,558 steps
    2nd @prodigal6766 85,236 steps
    3rd @itladyee 76,960 steps
    4th @myhands4God 70,532 steps
    5th @RoblinB 57,358 steps
    Great Job Everyone :):):)
    As A Group We Walked 695,627 steps
    Amazing job Everybody :):):):)

Recognizing Everyone who pledged their steps
    @lindamtuck2018 6/7
    @aactuallyaash 5/7
    @itladyee 5/7
    @Mama530 0/7
    @adianeschu 2/7
    @RoblinB 7/7
    @laquita606 4/7
    @Slimmersixties 5/7
    @ILive2Walk 6/7
    @FindingSamMon 5/7
    @prodigal6766 6/7
    @myhands4God 5/7
    @rainyrae 0/7

I apologize for not getting the step results in sooner... this week has been a blur

Great Job Everyone!! Thanks @Megan_smartiepants1970
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,343 Member
    Options
    Motto: 🏋🏾‍♀️ Don't think, just do it!!

Recap: Leg day = long day....75 minutes total work out. I didn't forget my kettle swings today 15!

- THOUGHTS: You just have to decide to actually do this!!

Step Challenge - Goal 8500
    1/7 5,747
    1/8 10,757
    1/9 8,070
    1/10 7,945
    1/11
    1/12
    1/13

@rainyrae ~ stay strong. Care taking is very stressful. I hope the visiting nurses start soon and take this pressure away from you. It's really too much working as a nurse and then coming home to continue nursing. I understand that you have to do what you have to do...but hoping you get some relief soon.

Weigh in Day: Friday
    Starting - 223.6 (12/29/2023)
    1/5 221.6
    1/12
    1/19
    1/26
    Total 2.00

• Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    NachDeezy wrote: »
    SW - 630
    PW - 437.4
    CW - 433.2

4.2 down and it feels awesome. In a week or two I'm hoping to hit the 200 lb total loss- Lets get it!

Appreciate yall <3

Great loss!
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,839 Member
    Options
    Took a beautiful walk on the Airline Trail today. After the snow we had a couple inches of rain; it washed all the snow away - but made for some great waterfalls on the trail; I counted seven.
    nw5ujetlw60q.png
  • rainyrae
    Options
    itladyee wrote: »
    Motto: 🏋🏾‍♀️ Don't think, just do it!!

Recap: Leg day = long day....75 minutes total work out. I didn't forget my kettle swings today 15!

- THOUGHTS: You just have to decide to actually do this!!

Step Challenge - Goal 8500
    1/7 5,747
    1/8 10,757
    1/9 8,070
    1/10 7,945
    1/11
    1/12
    1/13

@rainyrae ~ stay strong. Care taking is very stressful. I hope the visiting nurses start soon and take this pressure away from you. It's really too much working as a nurse and then coming home to continue nursing. I understand that you have to do what you have to do...but hoping you get some relief soon.

Weigh in Day: Friday
    Starting - 223.6 (12/29/2023)
    1/5 221.6
    1/12
    1/19
    1/26
    Total 2.00

Thank you! I’m actually retired now as of last June. Caring for her was a big part of that decision as I retired young and it was very much too stressful to work all day and to come home and continue nursing at home. Thank you for your kind words!

I love reading your THOUGHTS each day!
  • rainyrae
    Options
    iLive2Walk wrote: »
    Took a beautiful walk on the Airline Trail today. After the snow we had a couple inches of rain; it washed all the snow away - but made for some great waterfalls on the trail; I counted seven.
    nw5ujetlw60q.png

Beautiful pictures!
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Slimmer sixties
    Friday weigh in

Sw: 276

Pw 191.6
    Cw 187.8

Loss 3.8lb

My head is back in the right place!
  • aneedlecraft
    aneedlecraft Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    aneedlecraft
    PW: 318
    CW: 319
    Logged meals and exercised 4 of 5 days this week.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Made it to the gym and got in a 45 minute swim in the pool. It’s really a great stress reliever for me never mind all the health benefits! 😁. Now, to clean the house and get the laundry done before the next snow storm hits tonight and tomorrow. Have a great day everyone!

I especially enjoy my swims when there is no one else in the pool. I blast my ‘80s music and zone out while doing laps. Definitely a stress relief. I am going in 30 minutes for my swim.
    iLive2Walk wrote: »
    nw5ujetlw60q.png

Beautiful pictures. I love waterfalls.

Slimmer sixties
    Friday weigh in

Sw: 276

Pw 191.6
    Cw 187.8

Loss 3.8lb

My head is back in the right place!

Fantastic!

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 5,194
    Rings: ✔️
    Walk: 4/3
    Swim: 1/2

PW 156.6
    CW 155

I guess I must have looked pretty awful when I went to the doctors yesterday. He told me to go home and get some sleep. I took his advice and slept for 2 hours. I did wake up early again this morning and my sleep was not the greatest (pain) but I am going to the pool right when it opens at 8 am. My cousin is being buried today and I would give anything to be home with the family.

Happy FriYAY!

This discussion has been closed.