How many minutes did I exercise? β›·πŸ‚πŸ‹οΈβ€β™€οΈπŸ€Όβ€β™€οΈπŸ€Έβ€β™€οΈβ›ΉοΈβ€β™€οΈπŸƒπŸ€ΊπŸ€Ύβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜β€β™€οΈπŸ„β€β™€οΈπŸŠβ€β™‚οΈπŸ€½β€β™€οΈπŸš£β€β™€οΈπŸ§—β€β™€οΈπŸš΄πŸ»

Options

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,643 Member
    Options
    Yoolypr wrote: Β»
    Owwww- the gym hurt this morning! πŸ˜’

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,643 Member
    Options
    I'm rowing this afternoon-hoping to get into a more serious routine now that I'm feeling pretty well healed.

Though I admire your determination - I hope I do not feel your pain, Yooly 🀞🏻
  • scoutmom1981
    scoutmom1981 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Yooly great job getting back into it! Don't overdo it. Even moving a little is more than nothing.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,660 Member
    Options
    Well done Yooly!
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,859 Member
    Options
    Made it to the gym three days this week for the first time since the end of November. My wrist is doing well. Still a bit of pain on movement and swelling but soooo much better.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Gym tomorrow morning. I’d prefer not to go on Sundays but, then again, when you’re old and retired EVERY day is Saturday or Sunday. πŸ₯³
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    The gym hurt less this morning!
  • PAV8888
    edited January 30
    Options
    Hmmm ... that doesn't make me want to go there! And I'm not complaining about the morning or even about the LESS part!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: Β»
    Hmmm ... that doesn't make me want to go there! And I'm not complaining about the morning or even about the LESS part!

You do just fine doing your long dog walks, PAV. I’d be walking outdoors too if I could tolerate the uneven surfaces better. And the hazards of branches, slippery surfaces, tarantulas, skunks, armadillos, deer, snakes, broken sidewalks ……But sometimes you just make concessions to age.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Hmmm.....
    -branches -- check (crack! Ouch)
    -slippery surfaces -- oh yes check (ouch ouch)... lately I've been more into "involuntary unexpected lie downs" as opposed to ouch mind you!
    -skunks -- check! (no ouch really... but the aftermath is somewhat traumatic for a while)
    -deer -- check, I guess, and often... but I don't recall a non vehicular collision? And I generally yield to them to cross the road, though I've encountered a couple with death wishes and a willingness to make leaps of faith!
    -snakes -- well, thankfully, it appears most of the ones around here are non poisonous. But I can guarantee that they don't do anything good to my heart rate or blood pressure.
    -- can't say I've run into tarantulas or armadillos though I did have a couple of what MUST be spiderbites.

Hmm... it's starting to sound scary out there!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Yup - all that scariness and my geezerhood! However you youngins can handle it. And who would take your dog for a walk?
  • scoutmom1981
    scoutmom1981 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Went back to the gym for the first time in many many weeks. It was rough but it was good. I am glad I went and stuck it out. I feel great and can't wait to go again tomorrow. Starting back kinda sucks but the pay off is nice.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Do you try to go to the gym everyday Scout? I’ve put myself on a three times a week schedule because I find I need an in-between rest day. Of course I’m wayyyyy older than you and have creaky bones and muscles that don’t snap back quickly.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Gym this morning. It was fairly pleasant- except for the sweaty stuff. The New Year resolutions people have given up for the most part. So there were no bored, exhausted people sitting on the machines texting or staring at their phones when they should do their reps and move on.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I am slowly getting back into exercise. Still dealing with fatigue issues and breathing problems so keeping it nice and slow. I am borrowing an exercise bike from my apartments maintenance person (someone left it when they moved out) to see if I like it before I buy one. I do enjoy using it a lot, but I can only do like 10 mins on it before my legs decide to say no more. Hopefully I can work that number up over time.
  • Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I'm loving my exercise routine. I try to get to the gym 5 days a week. Usually Elliptical 3 days a week, legs 1 day, and upper body 1 day.
    Today was upper body and I tried a couple of different machines. I think I'm going to be sore tomorrow. :smiley:
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Jade I would not snear at 10 min no way!

Are you doing it for more intensity?
    Are you doing it to be more able to do something in bad weather?

I admit to making the mistake of buying the coat hanger when I was at a location that's a bit cold to go for walks at times; but when I'm at a location that such is possible a coat hanger it is!

Plus coat hanger was good exercise (different muscles/intensity I guess). But definitely less total time/calories and more impactful on rest of day. Then again I never progressed past the intro stage on it, so there's that!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    I miss my walking outdoors. The weather here is generally good in winter and doable early mornings even in the hot summer. However, concessions must be made to age and safety! And my arthritis. I didn’t do anything for two months while I had my wrist cast - doctors orders. He didn’t want me risking another fall or further injury. I’m certainly not frail but definitely clumsy!

My gym membership is free from my retirement benefits. I have a choice of several gym chains. So going to the gym is not motivated by wasting money on unused fees. Usually I feel better after going but not so much while I’m there.

I go at least three times a week because otherwise I’d be a slug - happily sitting in a recliner reading or knitting. And hubby is a devout exerciser so he insists I join him at the gym. Wish he felt that togetherness when I’m vacuuming, scrubbing floors or doing laundry!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    WHAT! You should sell a membership to the household exercise section! if he pays to play he might be convinced to help... especially if you make it a good BARGAIN! :wink:
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: Β»
    WHAT! You should sell a membership to the household exercise section! if he pays to play he might be convinced to help... especially if you make it a good BARGAIN! :wink:

Oh hubby helps out but on his own schedule. Unless I ask, he’d be happy to let things go for months. I’m the clean freak. I cut him some slack because he does most of the cooking and grocery shopping (but that’s a whole other story!).

We’ve been married nearly 50 years so I guess it’s working okay. πŸ‘