Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon
    Currently 79F and sunny. We are in for a hot week. I will be turning on the AC before I go to
    work tomorrow.
    We had a nice relaxing weekend. We made portobello mushroom cap pizza on the grill.
    Vix-I hope you took lots of pics at the graduation.
    Irene-You will sure need the pool this week if your weather is going to be anything like ours.
    Ed-Good idea getting a short haircut for the summer, so much cooler.
    Hubby was was working in the yard on Sat. early evening and a raccoon walked right by him and
    went under our deck. We have lattice work around the bottom of the deck and there is one small
    hole and he squeezed his body through it. Hubby has some fox urine spray that he is going to
    spray near the hole and when we are sure the raccoon is no longer under the deck we will put
    some kind of wood around the deck instead of plastic lattice.
    Never a dull moment around here.
    Have a great day! :)
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,667 Member
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 23 (C) partly cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 31 and 2% chance of precipitation.

Another day, another dollar (but not after taxes).

———————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,160 Member
    edited June 18
    Options
    Good morning
    Jo, I took a few pictures, Pete took some, and Jen and Steve took a lot! We have a copy of a formal picture that the preschool took, so cute! We have steamy weather too for the next 10 days, highs in the high 80s and 90sF, 30sC. Too hot for me! I'll be out in the mornings or evenings when it's cooler.
    Irene, that pool of yours will be really sweet the next few weeks!
    Ed, thanks for the continuing scam alerts! I entered the contest for the HGTV smart home in Atlanta/Marietta Georgia, haha. Waiting for them to tell me I won. 😂
    Yesterday we started looking for a quick vacation spot somewhere for the summer. I wish we had someone to plan vacations for us!
    It's currently 73F, 23C. Sunny to partly cloudy. Near record high temperatures. High 91F,33C. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph.
    Stained glass is cancelled this a.m., but we have our clay group in the afternoon. It's good because I can exercise before I go.
    Wishing all a pleasant Tuesday. Be careful in the heat, stay cool! 🌞🌤️🌼🌻🕊️😎
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 21 (C) sunny degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 31 and 2% chance of precipitation.

Sounds a lot like yesterday!

We'll see what the work day brings.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    Options
    good morning all
    I finished up working on a few little clay things yesterday. And we decided to keep the July getaway simple and just go to the beach for a few days.
    It's currently 68F, 20C. Sunshine and clouds mixed. High 91F, 33C. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph.
    I have an acupuncture appt this morning, and need to stop at the library and exchange some books.
    Wishing all a happy 🐫day! Stay cool. 😎🌤️🌼🌻🕊️
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    good morning,
    I got my hair done yesterday and today I am going to get my nails
    hope everyone has a great day
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good afternoon;
    Currently 93F and sunny, and I am sitting in my nice cool house.
    I gave the next door neighbors a rectangle blow up pool that I bought a few years back and never used.
    The kids were playing in it at 10am. They are age 3 and 1.
    Stay cool!
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 22 (C) partly cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 32 and 1% chance of precipitation.

We'll see what the work day brings.

• eku0
    edited June 20
    Options
    Good morning
    Irene, how fun getting your hair and nails done!
    Jo, I'm staying in our nice cool house too! How sweet of you to give the pool to your neighbors. I'm sure the little ones are loving it! Our 2 older grandchildren are taking swimming lessons this week.
    Ed, hope you have an easy day today. Were you off for Juneteenth? I forgot about it. The library was closed so I'll go back today.
    lt's currently 70F, 21C. Sun and clouds mixed. High 92F, 33C. Winds light and variable.
    Wishing all a smooth Thursday. Stay cool. 😎🌞🌤️🌻🌼🕊️
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good afternoon;
    Currently 95F and sunny.
    I am nice and cool in the house.
    I am cleaning and getting ready for my son's visit. They arrive next Wednesday.
    I am slowly befriending the stray cat that I have been feeding. She will now come to me and
    let me pat her and she will meow when I talk to her.
    Enjoy your day and stay cool! :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    good morning,
    getting ready to go up to Pa for my niece's wedding '
    Everyone have a great weekend
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good morning;
    Irene-have a great time at the wedding and congrats to the happy couple.
    Currently 72F with a high of 85F. The heat is supposed to break this afternoon and we should
    get a nice breeze.
    Hi Vix and Ed.
    Enjoy your day!
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 20 (C) sunny degrees with an expected sunny high of 33 and 3% chance of precipitation.

Sounds like a good day to stay inside in the air conditioning.

Nothing critical on the agenda. Hoping for a slow work day.

• eku0
    Options
    good morning all
    Jo, I know you are so excited for your son and family's visit, how wonderful! My mother-in-law did the same with a stray cat. Eventually, it came to stay with her. Good you are staying cool, and the temps are letting up a bit.
    Irene, have a great time at the wedding! I love weddings, so much fun and happiness.💞
    Ed, just a tiny bit warmer here. I'm mostly staying in from the heat. I got out to the library and ran some errands before it got too hot yesterday.
    It's currently 72F, 22C. Sunny. Hot. High 94F, 34C. Winds light and variable.
    We're under a heat watch for the next several days. The forecast is for close to 100F, high 30sC for the weekend. 🥵
    Wishing all an easy Friday. Stay cool. 😎🌞🌻🌼🕊️
  • eku0
    Options
    good morning all
    It's currently 79F, 26C Sunshine and a few afternoon clouds. Near record high temperatures. High 98F, 37C. Winds light and variable. 🥵
    Going to watch the little ones for about an hour or so this morning. Fun times!
    Wishing all a happy weekend! Stay cool. 😎🌞🌤️🌼🌻🕊️
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 24 (C) sunny degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 34 and 14% chance of precipitation.

Sounds like another good day to stay cool inside, but I will get out for a few grocery items.

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning
    Irene, hope you're having a fun wedding weekend!
    Jo and Ed, hope you're both getting in some R&R.
    It's currently 80F, 27C. Partly cloudy skies this morning will give way to occasional showers during the afternoon. Hot. High 93F, 34C. Winds SW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 50%.
    It was great seeing the little ones yesterday, so much energy!
    Wishing all a relaxing Sunday. Stay cool! 😎🌞🌤️☔🌼🌻🕊️
  • parityanimal
    edited June 23
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 30 (C) fair, mostly sunny degrees with an expected scorching, partly cloudy high of 36 and 1% chance of precipitation.

I did get out to the grocery yesterday, and picked some blueberries off my bushes in the evening. I don't know if I'll make anything out of them or just eat them, maybe with cottage cheese or yogurt.

I watched an old film noir last night. Experiment in Terror (1962) with Glenn Ford and Lee Remick, on the Tubi app. It was good.

Nothing critical on the agenda for today.

Leftover pizza for breakfast, and will have it again for lunch.

• Joanne3366
    Options
    Good afternoon;
    Currently 86F and very humid. I am staying in where it is cool.
    We had rain over night.
    Yesterday we picked raspberries and then went to the farmer's market. We stood in line to get
    empanada's. When it was our turn to order all they had left was chorizo, so we didn't get any.
    They must be very popular because it was only an hour after opening.
    There is always next week.
    Have a good day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 24 (C) partly cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 36 and 5% chance of precipitation.

I left a program running all weekend to test long term memory usage and it's looking OK for the most part. I think we may be ready to let it out to the client.

I have a few more things to test on that program this morning though, first.