What Have You Done Today That Is Healthy

Options
1363738394042»

Replies

• Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    You stay in my prayers, Connie.

Took my Dayquil, that's about as healthy as I will get today. Hope this goes away quickly. It's just been the weirdest cold I've ever had, each day a different symptom pops up and the past symptom fades. I'm hoping chest congestion is the last symptom and by tomorrow it will fade away!
  • connierandel
    connierandel Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Hope you are feeling better!
  • Restfinder
    Options
    My chest is feeling better but my head is still congested. Day 8 today, it should be over soon! Thank you!
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,359 Member
    edited June 1
    Options
    I haven't posted in this thread in a long time. Can you guess why? My eating habits have been just terrible. It doesn't help that I've been traveling
  • cmsienk
    edited June 2
    Options
    Healthy lunch... chaffles (no syrup) with butter and 1/3 of an avocadoa13cb21qmttg.jpg
  • cmsienk
    Options
    My oldest son and his family came over last night. He helped me put together the 2nd cage for my blueberry bush. They wanted Mexican take-out for dinner, so I ordered 2 tacos, then dumped the meat and cheese on a bed of lettuce, added some cubed avocado and a drizzle of dressing and called it a taco salad.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Oh, you are being so good, Cindy! Eating will be better for me this week. No treats until the weekend! I've had way too many recently. I will start walking as soon as it doesn't affect my breathing to move around. I am doing better today, so I am hoping in a couple of days I'll be able to be moving more.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    As of yesterday I've lost two pounds. It's mostly from not eating as much during this heatwave. I've also started doing a little bit of walking and working with my weights on my upper body.
  • connierandel
    connierandel Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Hopefully after my life slows down, I can get my eating lined out ... Right now it is quick, easy and not healthy. I will be glad to get this move behind me!
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Each time we moved we ended up culling quite a bit, but then when we got settled we'd go to the local thrift store and fill back up! LOL!

I'm working on eating smaller meals. I ordered something from Suzy Cohen called Gluco Script Max. It keep blood sugar at a healthy range and helps lower cholesterol and triglycerides; it also helps to lower sweet cravings. My blood sugar was in the 90's this last time. They've lowered the normal range to 100 (it used to be up to 120), so I want something that will help bring that back down (like less treats) and help me control my carbs (which I love). I can't use my weights because of the arthritis in my hands, so I will just do the movements without the weights, or with my 1lb weights instead of the three pound ones. Walking will have to wait until the pain in my leg lessens, or I will have to do it with my rollator (which I had to use yesterday because of the pain). Getting old is hard!
  • cmsienk
    edited June 26
    Options
    I walked maybe 2 1/2 miles with my friend, Beth, on Monday. It poured on Tuesday and was pretty gloomy yesterday as well, so I'm glad we got that in. Not much new going on here. The kids are all coming over to celebrate Father's Day this Saturday, so I've got some cleaning up to do.

Just sent Beth a text about walking again tomorrow. I do so much better (walk farther) when I walk with someone. I need to get back to some kind of weight bearing exercise. My arms are just so flabby... ugh
  • Restfinder
    Options
    2.5 miles is awesome! Great job! I'm happy if I get 1500 steps in my day! My leg is doing better, much better, but my back is still aching, but then it always is anyway! heehee

Cutting back on the amount I'm eating and so far this week I've avoided sweet treats; saving it for this weekend!
  • cmsienk
    edited June 28
    Options
    Beth and I walked 4 miles yesterday. That's a route we used to walk once or twice a week - maybe 10 years ago. We haven't done it in a long time. Yesterday it was in the 60s and seemed like a good day to try... and success! (Of course, today my feet hurt a little.)
  • cmsienk
    edited June 28
    Options
    Today's brunch: wild black raspberry chaffles two ways. I didn't have any coconut or almond flour, so I used ground flaxseed. That first chaffle had a more watery texture so I didn't add berries to it; I just placed them on top after. I added 1/2 teaspoon of sweet white rice flour to the remaining mixture, making it less watery, so I added berries to that one before cooking. Both tasted good, but the second one (berries inside) was slightly better
    3idu76dn2vxa.jpg