Hufflepuff Common Room

Options

Replies

• skinnysuzie
    skinnysuzie Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    As I wrote my stats earlier, I thought wow I got 20 newts on Friday and Saturday, and I did a mental recap of what I had eaten those two days to see if I had forgotten an unhealthy snack. Then tonight when I sat down to dinner, I realized, I forgot about my soda that I usually have with dinner, so please subtract one newt for Friday, and two for Saturday for my "fizzies".

Hope you are feeling better Molly, that sounds pretty horrible.

Good night all.
  • Timtam_slam
    Timtam_slam Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey Hufflepuffs,

12/10:

HP: 0
    Newts: 14
    OWLs: 0

12/11:

HP: 0
    Newts: 20
    Owls: 0

Weight: 163lb (up 1 pound)
    I was really really good all week until last night when me and the guy went out to celebrate the end of the semester. I had a few beers throughout the night and lost a bunch of Newts. When I weighed myself today, I had gained 1 lb this week. I'm hoping that I lost weight overall but am holding onto a lot of that beer from last night.
  • skinnysuzie
    Options
    Good morning,

My stats for yesterday:

12/11/11

Newts: ?? Didn't see these posted anywhere yet, will go through the posts tonight to see if I missed them.
    Owls: 2
    HousePts: 30

Have a great Monday everyone. In two weeks all of my kiddos will be home for the holidays 8 ) !!!!!! So excited.
  • msrobinson77
    Options
    Good morning all!
    For Yesterday:
    O newts
    20 house points
  • Jenn_W
    Jenn_W Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I have been slacking like no other!!!

I didn't track anything for the prefects challenge this week.

I did keep track of my house points! Total of House Points from 12/4 to 12/10 is 667.

My weight is 163.8.

I moved my wireless router at home and now can't get the internet to work. OYE! This is not helping! Super busy at work, I will try to stop in later! Xoxo!!
  • danizaga
    danizaga Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    hello everyone sorry i've been MIA this week. i've been dealing with family drama that comes with the holidays. my grandma's birthday is on the 21th and she's been gone 5 years now and the holidays are still a difficult time with my family. then i found out my uncle is on the liver transplant list...it's a very emotional december and it's not even over yet.

here are my stats for the week:
    299.4 it's TOM so that's probably why i've gained
    HP 359
    OWLs 30- realized i do most my stretching at less than 30 seconds
    NEWTs 130- i was surprised i didn't snack much this week in general just 4 of 7 days
  • bumflapassassin
    bumflapassassin Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    wot, no food challenge??

just saw my neice in her christmas production at the church. she's ultra excited since she will be 6 tomorrow...she can't wait to get to bed!
  • logicandlove
    logicandlove Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hello all, baby hufflepuff/fairly new to MFP as well...I read the basic group-wide challenge/rule blog post and will be making my way through the common room thread, but can anyone give me a quick run-down of how in-house challenges work or are set up? thanks so much guys.
  • bumflapassassin
    Options
    Hi logicandlove, in house challenges are chosen by prefects.

OWL challenge is the exercise challenge
    NEWT challenge is the food challenge
    Each week the earning/adding up of NEWTs and OWLs are different, and the results determine who the prefects will be. Prefects get a reign of 2 weeks and get to chose a NEWT and OWL challenge each before the next prefects are crowned.

This week's exercise challenge is sets of 10 crunches (any kind) and 10 superman. 1 OWL per set.
    The NEWT prefect hasn't yet announced the food challenge and I'm not sure what is going to happen in the meantime.

Hufflepuff is by far the most superior house; I hope you will join :flowerforyou:
  • lhurtubise
    lhurtubise Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I am not sure what happened to charlotte. She was supposed to do the food challenge this week so I will do it.

The challenge this week. Try to follow the food pyramid. It recommends certain servings of each group for each day. For example if it says 3 servings of fruit and you eat 3 servings of fruit you will get 5 Newts. You earn 5 Newts for each section of the pyramid you complete.

Links ...

http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/Fpyr/pmap.htm
  • logicandlove
    Options
    Thanks guys!
    That all seems doable, yup. And the deadline for the challenges is Friday, correct?
    Also I'm definitely joining...I'm a Huffleclaw, but with more Hufflepuff tendencies, plus I got sorted to hufflepuff on pottermore. Basically, though, we're the best.
  • bumflapassassin
    Options
    thanks queeda

logic, the challenges run from sunday to sat (so new challenges start on sundays).

numbers for the wk so far:
    35 newts
    10 owls
    20 house points
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    Queeda, thanks for posting the NEWTs challenge. I'm not sure what happened to Charlotte either, but I hope she comes back soon :smile:

Stats for 11/12

OWLs - 2
    NEWTs - 10 - 2 pieces of chicken (2 to 3 servings is recommended), 6 (mixture) of bread, cereal, rice and pasta (6 to 11 servings is recommended)
    House Points - 180

12/12

OWLs - 0
    NEWTs - 10
    House Points - 0

Today wasn't a good day as I'm ill and not at sixth form, so I've rested for most of the day.
  • skinnysuzie
    Options
    Welcome Logicandlove, we are happy to have you join us.

My stats for today: 12/12/11

Newts: 10
    Owls: 0
    House Pts: 0
  • charlotte66
    charlotte66 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    hello

i am here sorry i went walk about! been soo hectic here last while baby hasnt been himself been running around like a headless chicken trying to get things sortted for xmas and keep up with the house work and my partner has basically banned the laptop in the evenings (ok not banned but he complains like nothing else!) and its one of the only times i get peace to exercise and come on here :sad:

shall catch up and post what i have done

again sorry *ties arm to thread* not going anywere now :laugh:
  • logicandlove
    Options
    stats for sunday + monday combined:
    OWLs: 0
    NEWTs: 40

I'm going to start working on the OWLs today though
  • bumflapassassin
    Options
    No worries Charlotte, glad you're ok :wink:

numbers for the week so far:
    50 newts
    21 owls
    69 house points

Got an email from "Adam" at the gym wondering if I need some help getting back into my routine. I think I do but I'm not sure he can help. A few months ago I was killing it with the gym time but not any more. I just find it difficult to get motivated to go - any excuse and I'll skip it. Once I'm there I start off thinking I'll do 30 mins on a machine and then reduce the mins to about 15 after doing 10. Does anyone else have this problem?
  • danizaga
    danizaga Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    No worries Charlotte, glad you're ok :wink:

numbers for the week so far:
    50 newts
    21 owls
    69 house points

Got an email from "Adam" at the gym wondering if I need some help getting back into my routine. I think I do but I'm not sure he can help. A few months ago I was killing it with the gym time but not any more. I just find it difficult to get motivated to go - any excuse and I'll skip it. Once I'm there I start off thinking I'll do 30 mins on a machine and then reduce the mins to about 15 after doing 10. Does anyone else have this problem?

i have the same problem! i end up talking myself out of not going to the gym or shortening my workout. but what keeps me going most of the time is wanting to move and dance like shakira so when i'm talking myself off the ellitpical i just put some of her music on and i get my intensity back.
  • msrobinson77
    Options
    Yikes this has been a tough two weeks. I've been making super crappy choices and totally justifying them in my head. Well, i deserve that cookie, right. I have absolutely no self control when eating socially! I really overindulgded this weekend and have gained a pound. Booooo! I'm really hoping it's just water weight, but maybe it's the reality check I need to get my butt moving!!
  • carolinagirl7
    carolinagirl7 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Welcome to logic!

Charlotte--glad your okay...and as I look around the living room with the pile of presents to be wrapped (sigh...)...at least I finally managed to get shopping mostly done (thank goodness for Amazon!)

Molly---I hope you are feeling better soon

bumflapassass---something I struggle with (now I am doing fine though). Workouts are infectious, and once I get myself going into a routine, then I don't want to stop. Set some small goals you can achieve like gym time 15 min 3x a week. Also mix up your activity, no rule saying you can't use more than one machine per workout...if you get bored with one after 5 minutes switch to a bike, or try a class

Mandy--love the new picture. This is a bad time of year...it is never too late to "get your butt moving" and escape the holiday trap

Stats (before I forget to post them AGAIN)

12/11 Sun
    HP 110
    owls 2
    newts 10--meats and fruits

Mon 12/12

HP 60
    owls 2
    newts 15-meats fruits and dairy

Tues 12/13
    HP 75
    owls 0
    newts 5 fruits only